Fabien Sanders

Aster

travelling satelite
Fabien Sanders ; Son of Salacia

D A T A B A S E :

Eyes: The color of rich coffee, without cream or sugar. Dark, but just light enough to be considered brown with flecks of dark honey and amber.

Hair: Hazel like a sepia photograph under the sun, but a dark chestnut brown when saturated or in dim lighting.

Body: Stands at 6’’ with a weight of 147 lbs. Has long limbs despite the average height. Not particularly built but works out enough to have lean muscle on his arms and legs and a perfect in-between of fat and skinny.

Other: Fabien has a tribal tattoo on his upper back, stretching from one shoulder to another. It is just below his neck and its intricate designs consist of flame-like curlicues, feathery lines and jagged waves.

When he smiles, his eyes crinkle at the edges.

Skills & Weaknesses

• Water manipulation ; enhanced reflexes & relatively atheltic ; (unknown but it's prob something dumb like holding his breath well underwater or making water salty)

• Fear of deep water (cue the irony) ; terrible at lying (but for some reason, evading the truth doesn't count) ; physically inflexible (he fails at games like limbo).

In depth:

Strengths
- Highly cognitive and is a quick learner for things hands-on
- Agile with good reflexes. His long limbs only aid in his speediness.
- Very evasive (Fun fact: Fabien’s more prone to evading than confronting his problems. I.G. though he’s learned self-defense, instead of using it against his bullies he’ll simply run, scale, duck or whatever it is he needs to do to get them off his trail, hence his agility. It’s a practiced skill and something he’s secretly proud of. Whether it’s avoiding an angry teacher, a fist or a sticky situation, Fabien’s your kind of guy to get you out.)
- Bright minded and actually quite witty if one actually took the time to know him
- Adventurous and open-minded: the type to try new things because heck, why not?
- Flexible and quick to adapt to new surroundings/unfamiliar scenarios, etc.
- High pain tolerance

Weaknesses
- Complacent and does not strive to live up to full potential, despite having strong ambitions (irony). Instead of working hard to achieve his goals, he simply dallys, working slowly with the belief that he’ll reach his goals eventually.
- Insouciant towards people’s judgement. Due to his background, Fabien actually cares very little about what people think of him, never bothering to prove them wrong or right. (A probable reason to why the rumours never went away. Fabien didn’t really try hard enough to correct them, letting them believe what they want to believe.)
- Right brained to a fault. Fabien would remember the most unnecessary details such as the colour or font of a word but never the word itself.
- Limited attention span. Things like reading and stuff? Yeah, that’s not happening.
- Doesn't know how to deal with emotions - whether it's his own or others. When drama happens, Fabien would ignore it and pretend nothing's happening - which of course leads to unfavorable outcomes. Sometimes labelled as insensitive or even emotionally-stunted, the male just doesn't know what to do to make things better. Adding to this, when faced with negative emotions Fabien is more likely to seclude himself than talk about his problems. However, when approached to vent or ramble Fabien would gratefully oblige, accredited that the person has the male's trust.
- Enigmatic if one takes the time to look past the imitation of a failure. He actually doesn't share much about himself, but no one really notices since he's usually the one listening instead of talking.
- Sucks at physical offense. Would definitely need training if Shang plans on making a man out of him.

Personality

Pros: Carefree | Optimistic | Good-humored | Long-suffering (he'll let you step all over him)

Cons: Evasive | Secretive | Irresponsible | Acts before he Thinks

Extra:

If anyone was born under an unlucky star, it was definitely Fabien Sanders. The boy is so unlucky, it's almost humorous. Take for examples: his first day in high school, the male walked around with his fly undone and no one had the guts to tell him otherwise; when an important assignment was due, his neighbor's dog ate up his work. Naturally, his teacher did not believe the 'my dog ate my hw' excuse; Fabien's knack for falling for people he could never have. All his romances so far are unrequited (and continue to be even upon reaching Camp Daybreak).

In Depth:

A nonchalant underdog is what the male portrays himself to be. A male with no particular strengths and weaknesses, average in academics and athletics with the occasional "strokes of luck" where he rises above average. Already used to being looked down on, Fabien uses this to his advantage, preferring his peers and superiors to underestimate him so that he could avoid nuisances like expectations and responsibility. In class he is neither the first pick or the last pick, never one to disappoint and seldom takes pleasure in astounding his friends with the borderline-genius ideas stored up in his mind.

Generally a friendly person with good humor, the brunet's sharp wit is often brushed off by the unappreciative crowd, though occasionally one or two persons would catch on and see that Fabien isn't spouting words from his ass. Because of the way he holds himself (punchable, beatable) his repartee earns him hate derived by an indistinguishable, unreasonable source of envy. His close friends could understand this and chide the brunet for provoking the group, contrary to his claim that it wasn't intentional (half truth). The Tom and Jerry scene is often played out with Fabien playing Jerry, unconsciously adding a smart-Alec remark to a group who would either brush him off or bite back with words or actions. Preferring to annoy the later group, Fabien could be find running or hiding from a handful of males who would love nothing more than to see the sorry look on Fabien's face instead of hearing his half-assed apologies. This has been happening for so long that most of his pursuers have already forgotten what it was Fabien had said to aggravate them (not that it mattered much. The dumb grin on Fabien's face is reason enough).

With the exception of his parents, teachers and a handful of his close friends, Fabien prides himself in keeping the depth and complexity of his character hidden under the presentation of a shallow teenage male lacking a care in the world. Confidence is something he has and his natural charm is coated with a layer of a modesty. Underneath his fabrications, the boy is afraid if not a bit lost as to whether he's a genius playing the fool or a fool playing a genius.

Biography

Summary: Adopted & raised by two fathers. Transferred to Camp Daybreak in his third year of High School. Spent three years in Camp Daybreak.

In Depth:

The reality of adoption is an obvious truth, one which Fabien Leonis Sanders has long accepted. Taken in by a homosexual couple, Fabien was raised by two fathers, Michael and Andrew Sanders; and grew up as an open-minded individual exposed to the LGBT community. Never once did he question his parent's love for him and each other, minus the regrettable incident when he asked out of curiosity, what it was like to have a mother. Since then, to avoid hurting his parents’ feelings, the boy kept his questions to himself and accepted his family’s abnormality as a norm. Though he often wonders who his parents were, never would he had imagine that his mother was a Roman goddess.

Nevertheless, having such a background does not come easy and the pure irony of things is the fact that those who are unaffected act as though they are, rejecting and scorning, while those who are (Fabien for example) act as it does not. At first these ridiculing remarks were simply ignored, but persistence wore his patience thin and rebuttal seemed sensible to one none the wiser.

“It really doesn’t,” Fabien once argued, standing his ground for the first time. It was just his luck to have been cruelly blessed with more wit than wisdom; his ten-year old mouth spouted words which only made things worse. “So what if I have two fathers? They love me more in a day then your parents do in a lifetime.”

A small spark was all that was needed to start a fire.

By the time Fabien was in the 3rd grade, bullying was a norm and there was never a day where he wouldn’t hear the word “f-ag” or “queer”. His parents had anticipated this outcome and karate and judo lessons were taught to him the second a hint of a bruise appeared on the young boy’s body. Self-defense was useful in stopping the physical assaults but proved futile against words and rumors. His only comfort was his parents’ understanding and their ever present readiness to come to his aid. On “bad” days, they’ll let their son skip out on school, taking him out instead to chill and to bond as a family. It was, perhaps, the sense of belonging his parents gave him which helped the boy overcome his oppressors. In time the bullying gradually decrease, though never fading enough to leave less than a ghost. Like most people, Fabien simply learned to adapt and adjust.

By the time Fabien entered high school, he noticed there were was something off about him, though he could never put his finger on it. Maybe I'm gay or I'm dying, he had thought. Out of pure misfortune and bad karma, the male was fell off a bridge when running away from some bullies (common routine) during freshman year of high school. He would have drowned too had it not been for his affinity for water. It was in this near death scenario where Fabien learned of his origins. Speaking with Salacia, his mother urged him to join Camp Daybreak, knowing that he would face peril if he chooses to remain as he is. The option to leave was presented to him multiple times throughout the year, enough for the male to know that he hasn't completely gone bat-shit mental.

Although he loved his family and friends dearly, there was a lack of complacency in him. Curious with adventure in mind, the male finally chose to join the camp during junior year of high school. He's been in Camp Daybreak since, but still keeps in contact with his parents when he can.

Eccentricities

- Fabien shifts his eyes quite often, preferring to take multiple glances at one thing rather than just staring. This trait often makes him seem distracted and gets him in trouble due to the "lack of attention" he shows. He does pay attention even if it seems like he isn't. The reason why he does this is not quite certain, but it may be due to the fact that he likes to take in as much information/detail as he can in a minimum amount of time. If you catch him staring blankly at something, there's definitely something wrong.
- When underestimated or looked down on, Fabien would unconsciously raise his hand to his hair or to his mouth (a trait in liars when they lie) unintentionally feigning weakness when in truth, he's feeling quite confident in whatever it is he's about to do.-

- Annoying tendency to tap things on hard surfaces when bored or in thought, whether it's with his pencil, foot or fingers.

Trivia

• Prefers the cold than the heat

• Is lactose intolerant

• Likes his coffee and tea black

• List of fears (in order from least to greatest): evil clowns, deep water, consciously dying, abandonment.

• Theme song: Pirates of the Caribbean theme // haha jk, no theme yet for this loser.

• He's a dog person and has a dalmatian mutt named Oreo back on Earth.
    - Truth be told, the current Oreo he has is actually his second dog. The childish name was given to the mutt when the boy was only 6 and his first dog died of old age when Fabien was 12. Not wanting their young son to grieve, Fabien's parents replaced the dog without Fabien's knowledge. The boy eventually caught onto the truth, but he made no mention of it.

35484a5f4db60736bce57a8c4c7b4334.jpg

b8f591718b5f9e807ed8c0324cb194aeo.jpg

Nineteen | Male | 183 cm | 147 lbs

Names: Fabien | & self-proclaimed Fab(ulous)

26 February 1996 ; wandering Pisces

Bi-romantic | Homosexual (unknown, poor boy thinks he likes girls *laughs*)

ESFP | Chaotic Good

Last edited:
@RiftWalkingMage depends on what you mean by pairing; I don't do forced ships but I don't mind crushes which develop into smth more. What did you have in mind?

Crack Summary of First Impressions & Relationships:

Acacia: scares the living shit out of him

Agate: my boner can only be so much confused / he can have my bones when I die

Anders: big bro figure (?) relatively reliable

Blake: pretty but nvr spoken to

Caine: u go ur way & I go mine

Charlotte: pret sure there's more to her than what meets the eye

Donovan: daddy ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Felix: *J Pee's I'm not Gay song*

Gemini: love the hair

Greer: probably likes to stick to greer because she's like a walking freezer and its greer-at (great)
Jax: I like him when he's not with Felix general dislike
Mae: lil sis

Oliver: loves to pester and talk dork stuff with / lil bro

Red: she can kick my ass anytime
Reuben: best wingman. bro for life.

Rowen: tower of terror #2
Silky: comedy duo bro

(i know im missing some ppl so if u want bonds with this boy do tell & notify if there's anything worth changing)

Last edited by a moderator:
camp relations; (for real this time)

@Mortem

Ander: Upon joining the camp, Fabien has always seen Anders as an older brother figure. He finds his non-judgmental concerns comforting and usually goes to him when he's troubled with matters regarding the camp or when he's plain homesick. They don't really talk much but Fabien would have his back should he ever need it.

Blake: Fabien doesn't have much of an opinion on Blake. They've sparred before but that's their only interaction. They're acquaintances.

Donovan: There's no denying that Donovan is good-looking and being fairly older, Fabien is unusually shy around him. He sees him around whenever he's with Anders, but they've never had a conversation before.

Felix: Fabien doesn't know when it started but everything seems brighter whenever Felix is around. Hanging out with him or even exchanging hellos could make his day and set him on a child-like high for hours. Of course, the appearance of Jax immediately cancels out all that out.

Rai: An acquaintance. The male looks nice but Fabien always sees him with Acacia so he keeps his distance from Rai as well.

@Post

Jax: Fabien doesn't like him and he certainly doesn't dwell on the thought long enough for him to find out the reason why. Grudgingly, the male is smart enough to see that Jax is no bad person. Playful and flirty, but not... bad. He still doesn't like him though, but he's trying his best.

Red: If Felix draws out smiles, then Red sets loose butterflies. Admiration is an understatement in reference to Fabien's feelings towards Red. She's beautiful and strong, and everything Fabien could ever wish to be (with). With an obvious crush on the babe, Fabien stubbornly continues to flirt with Red (to no avail) in high hopes that someday his feelings will be reciprocated. That is - if he doesn't get killed by her or her friends first. The fact that he always seems to be making a fool of himself in front of her doesn't help either.

Silky: Silky has been like a brother to Fabien upon entering Camp Daybreak and someone Fabien thoroughly enjoys being around. The male's affectionate attitude goes hand in hand with Fabien's optimism and they're often seen laughing over dumb jokes. However, the two do share contradicting views, especially in regards to females. While Silky finds Acacia cute, Fabien is scared shitless. The same probably goes for Fabien's feelings for Red. "I don't know man. Why couldn't you fall for someone normal."

@november pyres

Agate: To Fabien, Agate is the definition of fine art. He finds the male fascinating, in both appearance and personality, despite not really having an understanding of the male's interest and strange demeanor. They're currently friends and nothing more, but should the male ever ask Fabien to hang, there's a 99.9% chance he'll agree. Agate gives Fabien foreign feelings he rather run away from than confront.

@m o n a c h o p s i s

Maë: Fabien adores Mae and treats her like the little sister he never had, despite being younger than her. Her OCD helps keep him in check and in return, helps her out with whatever whims or requests she has for him. Because Fabien is a playful ass, he can't help but tease the redhead, occasionally playing harmless tricks on her e.g. telling her the bathroom is haunted and later scaring her there. He usually ends up apologizing a lot, sometimes with flowers he nabs from Reuben. His current favorite topic to tease her with is Anders. (I just made random shit up. Let me know if there's anything you'll like me to change.)

@orphic

Acacia: Fabien never understood why people found Acacia scary until the day misfortune decided to screw with him. Having tripped on the training grounds and accidentally yanking the babe's hair, Fabien was faced with a fury which he swore could have sent him to death's door. Guilty and low-key terrified, the male continues to avoid Acacia til this day.

Gemini: Gemini is exactly what her nickname makes her out to be: a Gem. She's one of the few people Fabien trusts in Camp Daybreak and usually (to his own amusement) fans the girl's ego. She's the second person Fabien goes to when he needs healing. (With Silky being the first)

Rowen: Fabien doesn't know much about Rowan but considering how she's close to Acacia, he chooses not to know. He could swear that the threat of "friends" Acacia had made could be referring to Rowan. He's intimidated by her but probably wouldn't have been if she wasn't close to Acacia.

Reuben: If there was one thing Fabien can consider "good" or "lucky" about joining Camp Daybreak, it was definitely meeting and befriending Reuben. How he became friends with the beautiful iconic male was completely lost to him, but his friendship is something Fabien holds dearly. Unlike any of his other close friends (particularly Silky, sorry man.) Fabien usually goes to Reuben first when it comes to love advice. The man is so charming, Fabien wonders why he hasn't fallen for him yet. But oh, that's right. Reuben flirts with everyone.

@Nikki Rodgers

Oliver: Being the reserved individual Oliver is, Fabien did not take much interest in the boy until some very fond and familiar words spouted from the young boy's mouth. It sparked an immediate response which lead to a chain reaction of curiosity. Eventually, the two became fast friends, bonding over books and unpopular series. While Fabien has his own group of friends which he usually hangs around, the male will occasionally stray over to Oliver. Though his company is pleasant, Fabien is never one to overstay his welcome.

@A p h r o d i t e

Charlotte: "She looks like the girl who stole my wallet."

@Novus

Caine: Friends? Fabien isn't sure if that's what Caine considers him but he's more than glad to be on the grim reaper's good side (and hopefully stay on his good side). He's still stupid around Caine and should honestly be more guarded; heard rumors about Caine being hella scary cause of the whole 'I can take your soul' gig but Fabien's not convinced. Then again, Fabien makes lots of poor decisions.

@Chamomile

Greer: Fabien would consider Greer a good friend with potential of becoming one of his closest if they hung out more. Due to clashing schedules, they don't but when they do, Fabien sticks to her like glue; particularly during summer. He loves how she radiates cool air cause he's practically like Elsa and the cold never bothered him anyways. The two would probably make a great combat duo.

*if u're listed as tba then you're free to work smth out with me or otherwise remain a stranger ; crack first impressions are listed above

Last edited by a moderator:

fabien: agate can have my bones when i die.

agate: *raises a brow, nonchalantly slides a contract towards him that literally wills fabiens bones*

fabien: agate can have my bones when i die.

agate: *raises a brow, nonchalantly slides a contract towards him that literally wills fabiens bones*

Fabien: *nervously laughs as he signs the contract* ohzeuswhathaveIgottenmyselfinto wellatleasthe'shot

looklook... If you want a deeper connection to Caine,  make a move.   But,  I'm okay with him scraping your character up after Fate smears him across the cosmos.   

Oops! Sorry. I've been at a stand-still since Christmas Eve aaa okay so like, what do u have in mind? Not much on Caine is said about him on his CS so I'm drawing blanks ;;;

Users who are viewing this thread

Back