• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern F.O.R.U.M: Task Force L

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

BackSet

Ray of Sunshine
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
F.O.R.U.M
Task Force L
F.O.R.U.M or the Federal Organization for the Restriction of Unruliness and Misconduct is an organization dedicated to keeping the law in RPNation. It has many various branches to it that help keep everything in order. One such branch is the Task Force Division (or the TFD). The TFD consists of various super powered teams, or Task Forces as they are called, that are deployed when to various more dangerous situations (such as a portal to another world opening up or a crazy mad scientist threatening to turn the mayor into cheese (don't laugh, it actually happened)). Possibly the best task force is Task Force L. Or so you, a new member of Task Force L, have been told. The truth is the L in Task Force L stands for Loser. Because that's what you are viewed as. Task Force L is where the TFD sends all of it's new members with the most useless super powers. Theres a group of them every year. And they are always sent to Task Force L. No generation of Task Force L has ever made it through a year. They always quit or die or are fired. But not this year. You are the new members of Task Force L! And you are going to succeed! With something strange going on and you being the only ones around to figure it out, you just might become the first succesful Task Force L and change that L's meaning from Loser to Winner!

Locke Mustang
Time for the latest batch of losers
Locke wasn't very thorough while cleaning. He sort of just swept things into corners and stuf. Why bother cleaning when the newbies were just gonna be gone in a month anyways. Locke pusehd a few more pieces of junk into a corner and stepped back to survey his (not) hard work. Well. He thought. At least the newbies will be comfortable for their short stay here.

"er, excuse me."

Speaking of newbies, there was one now. Locke turned around to be greeted by a wide eyed young new recruit. Hejust like the kind of guy who would get sent to task force L.

"My name is Julian Ackle." Said the new recruit. "Is this the right the task force L bunker?"

Julian Ackle
I'm in the right place, right?
"...is this the task force L bunker?" Julian, or Jules as he preferred, asked.

The man who was in the bunker turned around and stroked his chin. "Yep." He said, after a pause. "This is the trash heap."

"The trash heap?" Julian asked.

The man brought his hand to his face in a very violent manner and sighed. "Oh come on, kid!" He said in a disbelieving tone. "Surely you've figured out why your here!"

"Because I'm the best of the best?" Julian answered, already knowing he was wrong.

"No! It's because your a loser! And so am I!" The man said. He walked up to Julian. "The names Locke Mustang, you can just call me Locke." He held out his hand. Julian took it.

"Jules." He said, now unsure of what was going on. It made sense. Julian was worthless. He had no good powers and he wasn't ,uch of a fighter. But he didn't want to believe he was a loser. Was he?

Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun Chione Chione WhipDing WhipDing Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre (feel free to jump in any time now)

Doralice 'Licce' Coburn
"Of course not!", a messy haired teen had barged into the bunker, with no regards to social norms or manners, "Because I'm clearly the one who gets that title!!"

Though, this individual dressed up in clothes that were noticeably a number or two larger than they should and in rather dull and basic colors making their gender a bit of a mystery, the voice that spoke was clearly a female's. That didn't seem to stop any of their straight-forward, rude and showy attitude however:

"Yo, I'm 'Licce and I'm here to save your sorry asses~ You're very much welcome~!"

BackSet BackSet

Locke Mustang
is she serious?
Locke looked at the newcomer. Another newbie. And quite full of herself too. Clearly she didn't know how things worked here. It was just priceless. In accordance to priceless things, Locke broke down laughing. "You've- hahaha -gotta be- hahahahaha -kidding me- hahahahaha!" Locke could barely hear Julian behind him asking him to stop. He was too busy laughing. After a full minute or so of this, Locke's laughter finally subsided. He got up, wiping his brow. "aaahhhh, priceless." He said, obviously still a little amused. "Listen kid, this is Task Force L. In case you havn't heard, the L stands for Loser. If you're here, it's because you're lame. I'm the only person who's survived more than a year in this wretched dump. So if I were you I'd pack my bags early." Locke took out a cigarette and snapped his fingers to light it.

Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun

Doralice 'Licce' Coburn
Licce's expression had frozen in a state of raw perplexity as the older male had started laughing. At first, she couldn't understand what had elicited such a response from the other. Had she said anything funny? The young adult didn't think so, to her every aspect of her entrance had been spot on! But as the laughter continued it had become clear that it was meant to be a mocking one. For a moment, Licce's semblance had shifted into an unamused and slightly ticked off expression. This man dared not to take her noble mission seriously!!

Once he had stopped though, it had been as if nothing had changed as her new response was just as overflowing with confidence as the previous ones:

"Oh, no. I'm fully aware, which is why I decided to change it!", the teen had posed proudly with a grin, "A challenge is exactly what the magnificent Licce's been looking for~!"

"Just like it will be getting over that sour attitude of yours, mister"

Her remark had been hostile, it was clear that there was some tension brewing between these two already. Heh, it was no wonder that the guy smoke, jeeeez what a downer!! Maybe the other one would be more pleasant to talk to:

"And what about you?", Licce waved her hand at the younger boy's direction, "Why did you join?"

BackSet BackSet

Last edited:
Julian Ackle
It's not nice to laugh at people.
"Good luck with that." Locke said sarcastically, walking off to sit on one of the beds. Julian thought that was needlessly mean but was distracted when Licce asked him why he had joined.

"Oh, me?" He asked. "I joined to help myself become a better person. And maybe to help the country in the process. I used to be a real jerk. But then... You know what. I won't get into it. I bet you're not interested in hearing my Tragic Backstory." Julian laughed and extended his hand for Licce to shake. "Anyway, my name is Julian Ackle. But everyone calls me Jules."

Doralice 'Licce' Coburn
"Huh, I don't need luck. I'm awesome enough without it~!!"

The teen had shot the pessimistic male an annoyed glance, before moving her attention back to their other member. Bingo! This guy was much much nicer to talk to than Mister good luck over there... Jules also had come with his own noble goal in mind, one that even Licce herself was forced to admit was even more selfless than hers:

"Becoming a better person and helping the world, huh? That's pretty neat!", she had grinned at him, a grin quite different from the cocky one Licce had been using until now, it had been something closer to admiration this time, "With some golden-foil goal like that, you simply can't be destined to fail~!!"

The mention of a tragic backstory had picked her interest, but even Licce knew better than to press others she had just met to speak about subjects they didn't seem comfortable with sharing. Instead, she had just reciprocated the handshake, though it felt awfully and needlessly formal to her:

"Nice to meet ya, Jules! You're clearly on the right path already~", the teen had giggled softly, "I'm Licce. Full name: Doralice Neil Coburn, but eh... Just use Licce. Really, it's so much cooler and easier to say it. Save yourself some time..."

BackSet BackSet

Last edited:
Danny Montoya

Danny had actually been the first in the room, but as usual, was having a pretty difficult time getting noticed - even signing up to F.O.R.U.M had been a challenge. He'd already been almost swept up by the older male in the room a few times, an experience he was unfortunately quite familiar with. And now, multiple people were in the room, and he was pretty much out in the open.

The girl who'd arrived last was perhaps his biggest concern. Well, he was assuming she was a girl - it was honestly quite difficult to tell. She seemed to have quite a lot of energy, moving around a lot more than the other two, making him a little nervous. And she was... well, pretty loud, especially for someone his size. His ear were starting to hurt a little just by being near to her. He could only really listen to the conversation as his two fellow recruits introduced themselves to each other. At least he knew their names now.

He soon found himself standing between the two of them, both of them casting a heavy shadow over him. By now, he knew that shouting up to them was pointless - there was no way they'd hear him from down here. In the end, he settled for meekly waving his arms around, in the vague hope one of them would see his movement.

BackSet BackSet Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun

Last edited:
Commander Nicole Gread
RPN's legendary mythical outlaw

Over the years of hiding. The once known commander outlaw was now found once more. This time in his child form. It is unknown how he came into that kind of situation but he didn't seem to care. Many have heard his legend of running around as a hitman for others and even running small military organizations. His identity was never revealed to the public but he is now found work for the Task force L? His hidden agenda remains unknown but it seems to be a good intention for all. The small armed boy made his way to his assigned group. He has usual green coat wrapped around while his gun blade is holstered to his back like a sword and his other gun strapped to his hip. His coat was covering most of his body, from shoulders to knees..

The boy finally made his way to the group. His marching boots was heard thumping on his way in. As he entered by the entrance he immediately stood at attention with no remorse. He stomped his left foot before introduced himself. "Ten hut! Good day to you Sir/Maam! Is this the Task force L?" His stance was perfect, His salute was flawless but there is just one flaw. His cute childish voice didn't really made much good impact that will complement his statement. The small boy remained quiet till he hears an answer. The boy has a black military enlisted visor cap over his head. It had a metal skull symbol with gunblades on it's back representing wings. Wherever this boy came from he sure worked for something big and bad or probably even a high rank.

BackSet BackSet WhipDing WhipDing Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun

[Class=Notes] // Forward slashes are comments // //and do no show up in the final design,// // these are to help you find everything easily// //and explain some code as well. // // These comments must be with in a class or script tags// // in order to be hidden, from what I know// // Long URls are images// // # followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes// // or color codes.// // This code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code// // When typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press enter// // it will not show that you did. you'll have to use the
tags// // Square sized images also will look best// // but if you have a non square image it'll still work// // Don't worry// [/class] [class=Info] Font-Family:Special Elite; color:Black; padding:20px; padding-bottom:5px; background-color:#e1dcc6; width:85%; margin: Auto; // This is the mainly background and the font// // If the Font does not show up // // use the typical bbc font tag in one area to make it show up// // you'll notice I've done so with the Name// // I don't know why it won't work 100% of the time with out doing this// // but since its just a simple thing to add// // I figured it wasn't to much to do to get the font I wanted// //if you want a more modern look I suggest using the font Anonymous Pro// //just don't forget to change it in the font tag on the name so it'll work// [/class] [class=Line] border-bottom: 1px SOLID #000000; //this is the line under each section // To get the double line I just added a style to it// //as you'll be able to see below// [/class] [div class=Info][Div class="Line" style="border-top: 1px SOLID #000000; height:3px;"][/div]

4711f8d58f71ff2d174786c69c78ec2e20ff03e4_hq.jpg
Interacting:
BackSet BackSet Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre WhipDing WhipDing
[Div class="Line"][/div] Mentioned:
///
[Div class="Line"][/div]

Leo M. Schryer
[Div class="Line"][/div]
A lone figure stormed their way into the main lobby of the Task Force Division, each step purposeful and determined, but leaving a sense of danger in their trail. Leo Schryer was late. Of course, he was. Well, it’s not like it was his fault or anything… the alarm just didn’t go off, that was all. The twenty-one-year-old stepped up to the information desk where a wiry wisp of a man was sat, shuffling through papers and sliding them into folders. The man glanced up with dark, beady eyes.

“Yes, how may I help you?”

Leo couldn’t help but regard him in distaste, the man’s voice grating on his already frazzled nerves. Tongue in cheek, he leaned against the desk almost lazily.

“Yeah, I’m here to check in. Need to find my group ‘n all that jazz.”

“Name?”

"Schryer.”

There was a flicker of recognition at the name and Mr Beady (as Leo would now refer to him as) studied him more curiously, but Leo’s tone had been steely, forbidding the man from probing further.

Tap. Tap. Tap. Click. Tap. Tap.

“Level Twelve… Task Force L.” There was something about the way that Mr Beady said it that soured Leo’s impression of him even further. There was a thin, tight-lipped smile stitched onto his face but there was something mocking about the way that he was looking at him; and it was pissing him off. With a chilling glare, Leo stalked off towards the empty elevator and jabbed the correct button, slowly descending deeper underground. In the safety of his own privacy, Leo momentarily let his hardened exterior drop as he raked a hand through his messy, fiery red hair. He’d barely been there for ten minutes and he already wanted to give someone a knuckle sandwich. The young man could only hope that his new team wouldn’t get on his nerves too much, for he didn’t want things to… explode. Literally.

The lift shuddered to a stop, the doors opening to reveal a short corridor and a rusted metal door. Leo took a calming breath, dusting off his leather jacket before taking a few short strides and throwing the door open, refusing to wince at how the violent sound seemed to echo.

Well… the bunker wasn’t what he expected. No, not at all. To put it nicely, it looked a bit like a rubbish dump – and that was saying something, coming from him. He swept a bored gaze over the people gathered, eyeing them up with just one look and to put it frankly, he wasn’t impressed. First of all, there was the older guy smoking a cigarette. He carried an air of authority, so Leo assumed that he was the team leader. Great. Then there was a dark-haired… person. He couldn’t really tell if they were male or female. He looked down at the small child that was standing in front of him, an eyebrow arched slightly. Was the kid lost or something? Eh, it wasn’t his problem. Last, but certainly not least was a guy that looked around his age, and Leo’s cool gaze lingered for a moment longer. There was a nagging feeling tugging at the recesses of his mind. There was something familiar about him but he just couldn’t put his finger on it.

“Well then," he finally said, “doesn’t this look promising?" There was no denying the thick, heavy layer of sarcasm that coated those words.

[Div class="Line" style="border-top: 1px SOLID #000000; height:3px;"][/div]
Code by AgWordSmith AgWordSmith
[/div]

Last edited:
Julian Ackle
do I know him...
As each newcomer came, Julian looked them over. There was the kid. He didn't seem all that bad. Though, if F.O.R.U.M was hiring child soilders that was kind of worrying ethically. But then there was the other guy. Looked the same age as him. Dark hair. He seemed very... Familiar. Julian blinked once. Then twice. Finaly, he decided to just straight up ask.

"Do I know you?" He was very clearly pointing at the older of the two newcomers.

WhipDing WhipDing Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun Chione Chione Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

Doralice 'Licce' Coburn
A thumping sound had started echoing from the corridor, instantly engaging Licce's curiosity, taking her attention out of Jules. She had watched the bunker's door with the same anticipation as a cat, full of expectation. She knew good quality boots when she heard them, and these? Hooo boy! These sounded like military-grade ones which just made it all the more exciting!! Surely, the next member was someone just as cool as her~!
...Or so she had thought.

The sight of the owner of said boots causing her mood to deflate slightly, as Licce let out a low nervous laugh more to herself than anyone else. It, was just a kid? Albeit, a very enthusiastic one, but still, she'd give 10 years max to this kid... Was this a joke?? A snicker left her mouth while she had tried hard not to burst out laughing like the downer had done to her, though the contrast between the gear and the one wearing it wasn't helping:

"Yep! You're in the right place!", Licce had cheerfully replied, "I must say, the presentation is lacking, but I appreciate that your energy is spot on!", she had given a thumbs up, then approached without prior warning, rounding the kid as she took a better look at his gear, "Yeah, I think you'll fit in just fine. That's quite the badass style ya've got going on~", the teen had nodded repeatedly in approval

"Oh! That reminds me~!!"

With three energetic hops, Licce had gone out of the bunker, leaving the door open. The shuffling sounds coming from outside were enough to inform the other that she hadn't gone that far, in fact, whatever the teenager was doing, she was still right there by the door. Less than a minute later, Licce had stepped in again, this time closing the door:

"Equipment!", the young adult had announced, raising her finger in the air.

It wouldn't take long for anyone to notice that she had come back with a red and black backpack attached to her back, though that wasn't the elephant in the room. Nope! Licce had come back in with this, black and gold weird contraption that kinda looked like a gun, but at the same time did not. To those that knew what actual weapons looked like it was clearly just a twisted modification of a fancy toy machine gun, with a tube opening in the top. The transparent barrel had three tennis balls inside.

"Meet Ferocious Barrage~!", Licce had once again announced, pretending to aim at something for a while, before setting the 'weapon' aside in its sling, "See? I get some cool stuff too!", she grinned, beaming with pride

That's when someone opened the door. This time having been too engaged with showing off, Licce had not given the newcomer any attention, instead, waiting for the others' reactions to her joy and pride. That is until the new boy opened his mouth:

“Well then, doesn’t this look promising?"

"Argh! Another unbeliever...!!!"

Licce's blood boiled strongly with annoyance, as she had turned around and narrowed her eyes at messy firey hair over there. Maybe it was the heavy sarcasm that permeated his words or maybe it still was the effect of her interaction with the smoker dude, but Licce had been this close to starting something, when Jules suddenly asked if the two knew each other.
The teenager blinked in surprise a couple of times, before effectively processing what was going on:

"Ohhh?", she had let out in curiosity, her gaze travelling to one then the other a couple times.

Well well well, now wasn't this an interesting development~?

Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre (Direct interaction) Chione Chione , BackSet BackSet and WhipDing WhipDing

Last edited:
Commander Nicole Gread

A brief silence followed with a small frowny face. He is self aware that he won't get the expected first impression but the person who admired him didn't seem to be so bad. He still stood at attention with his saluted hand still sticking on his eyebrow. His cute young eyes locked on to the individual, who is rounding up on him. Observing his appearance. His black general's cap with a skull gunblade insignia mark and green cloth covering up most of his upper torso. He wears a uniform similar to a german's military uniform. His Half sword/Half gun weapon was holstered on his back like a sword. His sub-machinegun was holstered to his hip. It looks like he is just wearing a costume but it is a legit uniform. The material of clothing is authentic.

"Thank you Sir/Maam for the compliment!"
The boy thanked the kind stranger with a rather blunt yet cute and polite tone. Nico saluted once more for the compliment. Before Nico could have said anything. The youngster already rushed outside. Retrieving something important, he assumed. He waited for them to come back in total silence. He looked around to observe the others. For now, he is speechless. He ain't got nothing to say yet. He could have sworn he saw a small figure that resembles a person. Who knows he could be seeing things, he has seen too many things for one day. The young adult came back with contraption that seems to be homemade. He has seen better of his days. They know that tennis ball launcher contraption is suppose to resemble a firearm but it really looks like a toy. Who is he to judge!? He looks like a complete fraud! Who would actually believe that he is actually once the same outlaw who has been a legend to some. Besides his equipment has been nerfed down too.

"That is is indeed a cool equipment you have there." Nico replied to them. He crossed his arms towards them while trying to come up with a small talk. It wasn't a matter of time before he came up with a good one. "It's an honor to be working with someone like you. The names-" Nico was about introduce himself until they were cut off by the newcomer who came after them. They have quite the look. He can almost tell how they behave. Nico went quiet and let others talk. He simply folded his arms still.

Interaction: Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun

BackSet BackSet Chione Chione WhipDing WhipDing

The sound of heavy clunking filled the bunker. A figure in a piece of armor walked in, the helmet held on his hand. The rifle slung on his front bumped against the metal plate as the man walked. He came to a stop when he was near the rest of the people inside, his dull eyes scanning the group. It didn’t take too long for him to break his silence after a quick look at his new colleagues.
“A kid? I never knew the Task Force ran out of people to hire. How desperate are we to hire a kid to keep things stable?”
He blurted, his eyes landing on a certain member with a black military cap. He let out an annoyed sigh and scratched his neck.
“So, is this the Task Force L?”

Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre
Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun BackSet BackSet Chione Chione WhipDing WhipDing

Danny Montoya

Danny was just as bemused as everyone else by the next person to walk into the room. Although his mannerisms and clothing (as well as the slightly disturbing amount of weaponry) suggested military... this was clearly just a kid, in both voice and stature. How... odd.

This, of course, prompted Licce to start moving around again, their relatively light footsteps still enough to shake the ground underneath Danny. Thankfully, after a short exchange, Licce bounded out of the room, reducing his stress levels considerably. Everyone else was a lot stiller, something he certainly appreciated, as he very slowly moved towards the child - Nico, his name was? The others clearly weren't going to notice him any time soon, so perhaps someone a little closer to the ground might have a better chance.

He didn't get very far before the energetic girl returned, this time brandishing... well, he didn't really know what it was. It vaguely resembled a gun, but it looked to be more of a toy than anything. But what was more concerning was how close she was to him now.

He froze, almost instinctively.

Her foot was hovering only a few inches away from him, moving around far more than he was comfortable with. She was still chatting about something, probably to do with what was in her hands, but he wasn't really listening. He knew from experience that he really only had two choices now - move or don't move. And either was just as likely to end with things going quite badly for him.

A voice dripped in sarcasm rang out through the room, making the choice for him.

He only had time to briefly glimpse the bright red hair of the newcomer before Licce turned around, her foot moving back slightly in the process. His only reaction was to fall on his back, as the heel of the shoe came crashing down on the lower half of his body, instantly turning it into a sticky red mess.

He yelled out, more out of frustration than pain, knowing full well that no-one would hear him. His upper half was thankfully unscathed, but his legs weren't exactly legs anymore. The conversation continued above, and he was dimly aware of another, much larger, person clunking into the room, but he was somewhat distracted by his current predicament.

Not again...

Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre Chione Chione RandomBlobMan RandomBlobMan BackSet BackSet

Nicole Gread

Newcomers just keep on coming. He barely knows the peeps around him. Of course. Another one had yet again laid another doubt on his stature. If only he gets a dollar for everytime he has been doubted. He could have funded a project that will help him return to his normal self again. Simply rolling his eyes away like a bossy kid. Nicole didn't bother to answer the hulking figures question. He just tapped his foot in complete silence and re-adjusted his black general's cap on his head. He decided to stare at an empty space that was present in the room but that doesn't mean he is not listening.

RandomBlobMan RandomBlobMan WhipDing WhipDing Chione Chione Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun BackSet BackSet

[Class=Notes] // Forward slashes are comments // //and do no show up in the final design,// // these are to help you find everything easily// //and explain some code as well. // // These comments must be with in a class or script tags// // in order to be hidden, from what I know// // Long URls are images// // # followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes// // or color codes.// // This code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code// // When typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press enter// // it will not show that you did. you'll have to use the
tags// // Square sized images also will look best// // but if you have a non square image it'll still work// // Don't worry// [/class] [class=Info] Font-Family:Special Elite; color:Black; padding:20px; padding-bottom:5px; background-color:#e1dcc6; width:85%; margin: Auto; // This is the mainly background and the font// // If the Font does not show up // // use the typical bbc font tag in one area to make it show up// // you'll notice I've done so with the Name// // I don't know why it won't work 100% of the time with out doing this// // but since its just a simple thing to add// // I figured it wasn't to much to do to get the font I wanted// //if you want a more modern look I suggest using the font Anonymous Pro// //just don't forget to change it in the font tag on the name so it'll work// [/class] [class=Line] border-bottom: 1px SOLID #000000; //this is the line under each section // To get the double line I just added a style to it// //as you'll be able to see below// [/class] [div class=Info][Div class="Line" style="border-top: 1px SOLID #000000; height:3px;"][/div]

Interacting:
BackSet BackSet Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre WhipDing WhipDing
///
[Div class="Line"][/div]

Leo M. Schryer
[Div class="Line"][/div]
Leo cocked his head to the side when he was addressed by the other guy, his arms crossed nonchalantly as he gave him a once over. His brows furrowed, feeling the mental cogs churning inside his head. That face. The guy’s face made him think back to the ghosts of his past. It couldn’t be… no, it definitely couldn’t be. After what he’d done, that guy wouldn’t look like the young man standing before him. The redhead blinked once, blinked twice, before shrugging his shoulders.

“No clue. Maybe, maybe not. It’s a small world, after all.”

His answer wasn’t particularly helpful, but did Leo care? No, not at all.

The twenty-one-year-old’s head turned at the sound of heavy armour making an absolute racket (clearly being inconspicuous was the newcomer’s forte - not). He offered a slight nod of his head in acknowledgement of the man’s presence.

“Honestly, I think the kid’s lost. Is someone gonna direct him to the play area?” He asked offhandedly without a second thought. “Anyway, the name’s Leo. Leo Schryer. If you don’t piss me off then we’ll get along like a house on fire.” Leo smiled, but instead of being a friendly one it was more like a shark-toothed predator, giving the impression that it would be a very, very bad idea to get on his nerves.
[/div]

Julian Ackle
no way
Leo Schryer? He couldn't be that Leo Schryder! The odds were to slim. And yet, he looked very much like him. Or at least, very much as if he used to be him. Obviously it had been years. Julian didn't know how to react. This was the kid he'd caused to explode. This was the kid who had turned his whole life upside down. This was the kid who had started it all. So he did what he had been instinctively doing for the past couple of years. "Oh my gods I'm so, so sorry!" He shouted, getting on his hands and knees and begging. He just continued shouting out cries for forgiveness and rambling. If he wasn't stopped he'd go on for hours.
Chione Chione Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre RandomBlobMan RandomBlobMan

Interacting:
BackSet BackSet
///
[Div class="Line"][/div]

Leo M. Schryer
[Div class="Line"][/div]
Molten silver eyes visibly widened in shock and Leo momentarily lost his composure, jolting backwards from the other guy’s sudden movement. His face had completely frozen, expression as blank as a clean canvas as things finally began to click into place. Wait, wait, wait, wait. There was no way in the pits of Trolls that this simpering weirdo in front of him was his childhood bully. He couldn’t be. What happened to his whole ‘I’m better than everyone else’ attitude? Where was that mean look in his eye, that cold sneer and scathing tongue? What happened to the bruised knuckles and nasty tone? This guy couldn’t be him, but at the same time, Leo knew that it was. He felt like time had stopped still, thrown back into his twelve-year-old self and reliving those dark, dark days. No matter how hard he’d tried to forget it, Leo would always remember that day, the day he’d nearly killed someone.

But instead of being permanently being disfigured, Julian Ackle looked perfectly fine, despite clearly having some sort of personality transplant. How? How? Sure, Leo had been blinded by rage but he could never forget that flicker of raw fear in Julian’s eyes at that last second before everything went black. It still haunted him in his dreams from time to time. Leo realised that he’d been standing in stupefied silence and knew that he had to respond to the… grovelling mess on the floor.

“What the actual fuck do you think you’re doing? Get off the fucking floor, you bloody wanker.”

Leo’s language was certainly colourful, but it helped to lessen the heavy stone in his stomach, the gnawing guilt that was eating away at him. He regarded him wearily, a sliver of vulnerability managing to sneak through but could only be caught by a trained eye. How was one supposed to deal with this kind of situation? Surely the Moderators were laughing at his predicament right now.
[/div]

Julian Ackle
Leo's words brought Julian back to reality. What was he dooing? Certainly this wasn't proper behavior in front of anyone. He stood up, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly. "S-sorry about that." He said. "I guess I still have some ptsd from having half my face blown off." Julian assumed someone would have questions. Plastic surgery didn't look so natural so how had he fixed his face. He hoped nobody asked. "As you no doubt no, my name is Julian Ackle. But I go by Jules now." Julian extended his hand. "It is a pleasure to make your reaquaintence Leo."

Chione Chione Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun

Nico Gread

Listening closely while tapping his right foot in silence. Again another insult was fired off from one of the rude individuals. He simply turned his head towards the source with a leer in his eyes and his left eye brow raised. He loudly hissed in disgust for everyone to hear. It was a hiss of pure disgust. He usually replies with witty comebacks but for mysterious reason he did not do so. Usually people around Nicole's age would often lash out. After his disgusted hissed. He turned his back to it's previous position and looked away again and this time his ears are extra attentive even though it doesn't look like his listening. He already had enough things going on in his life but he's still around. The only Character he liked so far is the one with the tennis ball gun.

Chione Chione BackSet BackSet Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun WhipDing WhipDing

Doralice 'Licce' Coburn
Licce had listened to the kid complimenting Ferocious Barrage. Though their interaction had been interrupted and the young adult's attention had been more focused on what was going between Jules and the newcomer, an overly confident grin found its way peeking up from her lips. Licce's ego had been successfully validated.

Then again, the sound of footsteps resounded from the corridor. This time, however, the steps had 'clung' of something heavy like a suit of armor. Huh... She'd get excited again if it wasn't for the fact that last time she had done that, it had turned out to be the kid. Fool me once, shame on you and all that jazz. Instead, Licce had merely glanced towards the door, pretending not to be very interested. An old man in a thick suit of armor (Woo, bingo!) had stepped into the room, with an attentive, analytical gaze towards all of them, clearly inspecting the others and their equipment. When he finally spoke, his overly serious and judgemental sentences had made Licce glad of not having anticipated anything of the guy. It would have been a letdown:

"A kid? I never knew the Task Force ran out of people to hire."

As he continued, Licce could only shoot him a cold piercing glance. She couldn't believe that someone that had barely arrived would dare to stir things up like that!! Were the man's words logical? ...Maybe. But that still didn't justify the way the argument had been put together... The young adult felt herself step harder onto the ground, as if the growing weight of negative emotions had been capable of shifting the gravity pull on Licce herself.

"Yes. We're indeed Task Force L.", her tone was dry and filled with contempt for the newcomer.

She had held her stare for just a while too long before deciding that this wasn't worth her time and shifting her attention back to whatever was going on between the other two. She had expected one interaction to be separated from the other, give her time to calm down her nerves, but alas, the fire head dude decided to give his take on the 'issue' as well:

"Honestly, I think the kid’s lost. Is someone gonna direct him to the play area?"

And that's when everything went out of the roof.

In a mix of shock and surprise, Licce's contempt levels went out of scale. She couldn't keep properly paying attention to the conversation between Leo and Jules at this point... It was as if the world had sped up and all past and present was happening at once: The guy laughing at her, Leo's skepticism, the old man's judging words, Leo's threatening grin, Jules on the floor, Leo shouting, Jules shouting, the kid hissing in disgust.
With a sharp inhale, Licce turned around and smacked at the bunker's wall with all her might, a 'Bang' noise echoing through the room:

"GOD.FUCKING.DAMMIT!!!!"

"You two! The Dickhead Mor and Dickhead in Flames!!", the teen had pointed first at the newcomer, then at Leo,"That is no way to talk about a teammate!! How the fuck are we supposed to work together if you assholes are all too high on your crystal and porcelain pedestals?!", she had stomped with her right foot to remark a couple of words, "You know what?! I'm sick of hearing this..."

Licce walked closer to their younger member, now promptly standing beside, yet slightly in front of him, as she shouted again with a snarl:

"Next one to berate the kid gets sucker punched!!!!!!", she had declared stomping again, her gaze burning with determination.

Last edited:
Troy shrugged as the girl started exploding from what he said and the agreement another member had stated. He’s been talking like this for years, lots of people sucker punched him-luckily this time he had his helmet- but no, he wasn’t standing on a seventy kilometer high pedestal made out of bulletproof porcelain. Or ceramic. Whatever she meant.okay, maybe he did.
Just in case his mouth started working in the bad timing, Troy slowly raised his arms and equipped his helmet. As far as the girl didn’t have bullet-level strength she wouldn’t punch him through the helmet. And if she did... well, he’d be dead. He slowly raised his hands into a surrending gesture.
“Aye aye, captain.”
He said. He crossed his arms and observed the person who dared to sucker punch him if he insulted the kid again. ‘....quite a temper.’ He swallowed the words. His hand lazily reached over his head to lower the transparent facial guard.
Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

Locke Flint
hmmph. Not any better than any other loser.
Locke spit out his cigaret, straight into an empty trash can. He didn’t want to get involved but he figured that clearing things up so he could get to atendence would be good. “The kid’s much older than he looks.” He said, gruffly. “F.O.R.U.M doesn’t hire children. That would be ammoral.” Locke took a pause so he could get out his checklist. “Now all of you shut up. I need to make sure everyone’s here. When I call your name say here. Leo Schryer.” Locke waited for a here. When he got it he moved on. He went through all the members and got a here each time until he finally arrived at the last one. “Danny Montoya!” He called. No answer. “Danny Montoya!” Still no answer. He wasn’t here. Unless his power involved not being seen. Locke checked his checklist. He grunted. He was right. The kid’s power did involve not being seen. “Okay, everyone look on the ground for a tiny person. When you find him you’ve found our missing team mate.”

Danny Montoya

Danny saw the pressure on top of him increase slightly, something that would have been uncomfortable if he had any working nerves left in his legs. Licce's next words confirmed his suspicion - he could tell by the tone that she wasn't exactly happy. He could hardly blame her. There was so much going on right now, and... well, none of it was exactly encouraging. Nothing about any of this screamed 'best of the best'.

Of course, things were about to get much worse. For him, at least.

He was just as surprised as anyone by Licce's sudden outburst, feeling the vibrations from the punch ripple through his body. He didn't exactly know her, but he hadn't pegged her as someone with a temper. She was clearly energetic and strong-willed, but, he hadn't expected anything like this. But in a way... he was quite impressed. Here was someone he seemed to care about what was going on. Who cared about what this team was going to be about. Someone who had the spirit and--

The foot lifted up for a moment, interrupting his thoughts.

Oh no.

His torso folded up underneath the sole as he was whisked up into the air for the briefest of moments. It immediately came crashing back down, splatting the rest of his body.

This repeated several times, every time mulching up his body a little bit more, reducing him to a tiny red bit of goo. He couldn't see anything anymore, not really having eyes, but he wouldn't have been able to see much other than the floor anyway. Then, mercifully, it stopped.

...it wasn't quite over yet, of course.

He felt himself being lifted back up and then back down and up and down and up and down, as he stuck firmly to the bottom of the shoe. There was a brief pause, before there was one final stomp, seemingly just to reinforce how pathetic his situation was. If he still had a mouth, he would've sighed.

BackSet BackSet RandomBlobMan RandomBlobMan Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre Chione Chione

Users who are viewing this thread

Back