• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
Lord Bradorian Lord Bradorian
@Rusty of Shackleford
@saxon
Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59
Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian
ThatWhichShouldBe ThatWhichShouldBe

Still open for others as well.
Hello. I would like to clarify that I love the RP idea, but will not be able to join presently.
I'll revisit this in the future if I have time to spare. Until then, best of luck with this project!

Was the Battle of Merlions between Fydrians and Carmons? Is there open war between the two rn? I assume not since King Grenn is vassal to King Hiberion

Hey Lorsh, question that came to mind. Do you have to be a noble of some sort? Could you be a vassal of a player?

Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon Doin' good, good to see you as well!

You could be a vassal of a player, sure. That'd still likely entail being noble, though. I suppose other characters, like courtiers, ladies (non-regnant), etc. could be players as well.

Last edited:
Interested. I'll probably get something tangible for a character sheet late Friday.

Questioneno, what's the closest approximate year or era of the setting's technology and society of the setting? 1300s? 1000s? Ect.

Interested. I'll probably get something tangible for a character sheet late Friday.

Questioneno, what's the closest approximate year or era of the setting's technology and society of the setting? 1300s? 1000s? Ect.
1250 or so. Mail rather than plate is king, though bits of the latter still exist. No gunpowder, poleaxes, or halberds, really.

Last edited:
1250 or so. Mail rather than plate is king, though bits of the latter still exist. No gunpowder, poleaxes, or halberds, really.
How wacky can characters be when it comes to races other than human? I assume it's extremely difficult for them to interact with humans due to prejudice, but when it comes to playing them, what options would be available?

Asking for a friend WHO'S TOO LAZY TO POST HERE.

How wacky can characters be when it comes to races other than human? I assume it's extremely difficult for them to interact with humans due to prejudice, but when it comes to playing them, what options would be available?

Asking for a friend WHO'S TOO LAZY TO POST HERE.
They'd probably be too hard to incorporate into the RP, since they're kinda powerless, politically.

I noticed the presence of Valots among my retinue. At first I though yiu meant Varlets (squires) until I noticed I already have squires. Are valots actually valets de pied (foot soldiers)?

Retainers come in the following flavors:

Knights (named characters except household knights, full mail harness plus supplementary plate armor, mail-barded horse)

Squires / Men-at-arms (full mail harness, plain or cloth-barded horse)

Sergeant (Mail top only, plain horse)

Valot (padded armor, on foot or plain horse)

Plus valots and sergeants can use crossbows, where men-at-arms and higher tend to hold the weapon in disdain.

There is some overlap. A sergeant that is fully armored might be identical to a man-at-arms (and thus be a sergeant-at-arms). Some squires are younger and less keen on direct confrontation, while others are fully mature, just lacking a title of knighthood.

Last edited:
Speaking of troops, are there any focuses (of the lord's personal retinue or the levies/militia) that you guys want me to be aware of? Archers, infantry, cavalry, etc.

I was thinking along the French Ordinances during the 1300s that formed lances and companies. A lance was ~7-8 men led by a knight/senior man at arms. The knight was accompanied by a mounted serjeant/horseman and squire, ~2 mounted archers, and ~2 foot soldiers. Lances can come together to form companies that are led by banner knights/nobles.

That said, my retinue looks like it could fit in that kind of system already so all good on my end.

Last edited:
Money info.....

Almost got the thread up, just gotta add a few more things. I hope you guys don't mind starting off with some disparities between your houses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back