• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern ||f•r•i•e•n•d•s|| - closed

Oh god. I know I shouldn't but I can't say nooooooo Ughhhh I just don't have any idea what role I want XD

I think the recluse. But I have no idea if the character I have in mind would be fitted for that role...

Also chandler bong

Hello. I haven't watched Friends yet but I am very interested and would love to apply. Is this still open? But I don't think I can finish a CS by Thursday because I got school but idk.

Chanandler bong.

Hello. I haven't watched Friends yet but I am very interested and would love to apply. Is this still open? But I don't think I can finish a CS by Thursday because I got school but idk.

Chanandler bong.
yes! this is still open, and you don’t have to watch friends to participate! :)
sure thing! when is the soonest you can get your sheet in? you can put a place holder in for the CS and get to it when you can

note:
i didn’t make this clear (i’m so sorry) but the person mentioned bold in the character description is the character’s love interest.
so, the comic relief’s interest would be the achiever.
that’s why i asked for more of an open inclusivity, I’d hate to discount someone just because there wasn’t a male/female counterpart!
if you see this message and are planning on applying, please like this message so i know you’ve read it! have a lovely day <3

yes! this is still open, and you don’t have to watch friends to participate! :)
sure thing! when is the soonest you can get your sheet in? you can put a place holder in for the CS and get to it when you can
Well I think I can finish one before the Weekend ends! Hopefully I won't be busy the next few days.

Hey! I would be interested in the helicopter parent role, if that's okay! I just saw this today though so I think I would need until friday night to get the CS up. If that's a problem I will gladly lurk ^.^

Also: Chandler bong

Hey! I would be interested in the helicopter parent role, if that's okay! I just saw this today though so I think I would need until friday night to get the CS up. If that's a problem I will gladly lurk ^.^

Also: Chandler bong
go for it!

- DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO SATURDAY NIGHT, 9/14, 11:59 PST. -

please like this message to let me know you've seen it!
happy writing!​

- hello, hello! -
just a friendly reminder that character sheets are due tomorrow, 9/14, at 11:59pm PST!
please like this message so i know you've seen it!
- happy writing! -​

[div class=container][div class=image][div class=title]{ f•r•i•e•n•d•s }
[i'll be there for you][/div][/div] [div class=c2][div class=scroll][div class=o]so no one told you life was gonna be this way[/div] [div class=t]your job's a joke, you're broke, your love life's DOA[/div]

[div class=o]It's like you're always stuck in second gear[/div] [div class=t]when it hasn't been your day, your week, your month, or even your year[/div]

[div class=border] ~ plot ~ [/div]

"So no one told you life was gonna be this way..."

That's true. No one ever prepares you for life. Welcome to 'Friends!'. The setting is New York City, amongst the hustle and bustle of taxis and electronic boards and people yelling "I'm walking over here!" all around. In a city like this, people definitely need a solid group of friends to get through. Six different characters from all walks of life have a chance meeting: they live in the same apartment building. Three of them live in one, the other three in the apartment right across. On the day that they move in, the helicopter parent of Apartment 20 decides to have a welcome party. The trio from the opposing apartment is invited as well. As all six crowd in one house, the power goes out, starting a friendship to last a lifetime.

Of course, no friendship is without its flaws and bumps. The possibilities are endless. Would the party be a big hit, with the comforting feeling of a new bond? Or would past mistakes and irritating habits come to light, causing drama?

It's up to you.

[div class=border] ~ rules ~ [/div]
[div class=num]||[/div] I'm bringing this back! I got very busy and not enough applicants the last time, but I've been yearning for this rp for a long time!

[div class=num]1.[/div] Please be literate! I expect a 2 paragraph minimum for each in character post.

[div class=num]2.[/div] Activity is critical! I'm looking for a post minimum per 3-4 days. If something comes up for an extended period of time, let me know! I won't mind.

[div class=num]3.[/div] A discord is needed for OOC and plotting as well as relationships.

[div class=num]4.[/div] Be friendly! I want to make this a pleasant experience. Bad vibes won't be tolerated.

[div class=num]5.[/div] CHARACTERS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS. I will select characters who I believe are the best representation of the roles.

[div class=num]6.[/div] This is not a requirement, but I love, love, love to see inclusivity!

[div class=num]7.[/div] If you've read all this way, comment something below with the phrase "chanandler bong"! If more than 3 people comment, then I'll put up character sheets.

[div class=border] ~ the characters~ [/div]

These are only snippets of the characters! Take what you'd like and run with it!

[div class=num]1.[/div] the achiever. : Stay out of this one's way. The Achiever has big dreams, and no one is going to stop them. They're goal oriented, not having time for silly little things such as romance and happiness. Their career comes first, everything else can wait. The achiever needs someone like the comic relief to calm them down, teach them about love and experiencing life as it is (and encourage them when they're down.)

[div class=num]2.[/div] the comic relief. : Could this one BE anymore sarcastic? The comic relief is the one with the jokes and the perfectly timed quips. They prefer to have a relaxed viewpoint on life, not wanting to rush through it. Of course, the achiever is needed to spur TCR on to actually go out and get things instead of being too laid-back.

[div class=num]3.[/div] the helicopter parent. : Obviously the parent of the group. The helicopter parent is always worrying about others, making sure each one is okay within their jobs and romance lives. The helicopter parent is quite stable, which is why they're able to spend their energy on others. Someone like the recluse is needed for them to calm down and take a look at themselves.

[div class=num]4.[/div] the spoiled. : Coming right from the lap of luxury was a big adjustment, but certain lapses in The Spoiled's judgement is a clear indication of their past. After an incident, The Spoiled has to learn to live with the middle class of America, including getting a job and paying taxes. Someone like the wild card might be dangerous pairing, but much needed. Acids and bases make a neutral.

[div class=num]5.[/div] the wild card. : The wild card has big dreams about where they want to go--the only problem is that luck isn't in their favor. The wild card's definitely the quirky one of the group and the newest. Whether it's harsh truths or opinions about raccoons, the wild card is the way to go. Someone like the spoiled might be able to propel their dreams into realities, their quirkiness into comfortable traits.

[div class=num]6.[/div] the recluse. : Ugh, why are they here again? The recluse CLEARLY asked for a one bedroom apartment, but instead got saddled with these losers. The recluse is shy and has a hard time opening up, and their job is fluctuating. Someone like the helicopter parent is needed to make them feel a bit more welcome and appreciated.

[div class=border] ~ spots ~ [/div]

APARTMENT 20
[div class=role][div class=call] firstname lastname [div class=lil]the comic relief - taken. [/div][/div] [div class=outline][div class=img][/div][/div][/div]
[div class=role][div class=call2] firstname l. [div class=lil]the wild card - played by[/div][/div] [div class=outline2][div class=img2][/div][/div][/div]
[div class=role][div class=call] firstname l. [div class=lil]the helicopter parent - played by[/div][/div] [div class=outline][div class=img][/div][/div][/div]
APARTMENT 21
[div class=role][div class=call] firstname lastname [div class=lil]the spoiled - played by[/div][/div] [div class=outline][div class=img][/div][/div][/div]
[div class=role][div class=call2] firstname l. [div class=lil]the achiever - played by[/div][/div] [div class=outline2][div class=img2][/div][/div][/div]
[div class=role][div class=call] firstname l. [div class=lil]the recluse - played by[/div][/div] [div class=outline][div class=img][/div][/div][/div] [/div][/div][/div] [div class=c]code by: @undine [/div] [class=container]height: 375px; width: 300px; border: 1px solid grey; margin: auto; cursor: url(https://i.imgur.com/fkP02Jr.png), auto [/class] [class=image]height: 40%; width: 100%; background-image: url(https://data.whicdn.com/images/124509299/superthumb.jpg?t=1404430654); background-size: cover; background-position: 50% 20% [/class] [class=title]width: 100%; font-size: 0.55em; position: relative; color: #e1e1e1; top: 45%; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; font-family: 'Montserrat', sans-serif; text-transform: uppercase [/class] [class=c2]height: 49%; width: 70%; padding: 20px; margin: auto; font-size: 9px; overflow: hidden [/class] [class=scroll]height: 100%; width: 100%; overflow-y: auto; padding-right: 100px; text-align: justify [/class] [class=o]width: 50%; padding: 5px; line-height: 13px [/class] [class=t]width: 50%; padding: 5px; line-height: 13px; float: right; letter-spacing: 1px [/class] [class=border]padding: 10px; width: 96%; background: black; color: #fff; font-size: 0.95em; text-align: center; position: sticky; top: 0%; letter-spacing: 2px; font-family: serif; z-index:5 [/class] [class=num]display: inline-block; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold [/class] [class=role]height: 30%; width: 100%; [/class] [class=img]display: inline-block; border-radius: 100%; height: 100%; width: 100%; background-image: url(http://data.whicdn.com/images/136046083/original.jpg); background-size: 100%; [/class] [class=call]display: inline-block; width: 60%; border-right: 10px solid white; text-align: right; font-size: 13px; line-height: 12px; font-weight: bold; font-family: serif; font-style: italic; margin-top: 2% [/class] [class=lil]font-size: 7px; font-family: 'Montserrat', sans-serif; [/class] [class=outline]height: 100%; width: 25%; padding: 5px; border: 1px solid grey; border-radius: 100%; float: right; position: relative; top: -5% [/class] [class=outline2]height: 100%; width: 25%; padding: 5px; border: 1px solid grey; border-radius: 100%; float: left; position: relative; top: -5% [/class] [class=img2]display: inline-block; border-radius: 100%; height: 100%; width: 100%; background-image: url(http://data.whicdn.com/images/136046083/original.jpg); background-size: 100%; [/class] [class=call2]display: inline-block; width: 50%; border-left: 10px solid white; line-height: 12px; text-align: left; font-size: 13px; line-height: 12px; font-weight: bold; font-family: serif; font-style: italic; margin-top: 2% [/class] [class=c]width: 100%; text-align: center; opacity: 0; font-size: 10px [/class]

ooooh interested and applying for the comic relief if your still accepting! :>

oof forgot to add: chanandler bong!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back