Tenshi Hinanawi|The Old Lab

600px-Th155Tenshi.png

“Those holes most likely lead to an intricate tunnel system and I have no idea what could be in there.” He turned to address the group, trying to decide if he should split them up to cover more ground or stay together for safety in numbers. There was still a traitor on the loose as well...“Let's go." He finally stated, deciding it would be better to just keep everyone together. "Keep an eye out for anything. Anything at all."
Tenshi gulped a bit, and made step by step with the others, trying to stick as close as possible to them as one could, keeping her blade in her hand - now shaking. She was scared. The ambience of the lab overwhelmed her practically instantly - the run down, damaged and otherwise empty lab, aside from the Shape Shifter which is presently nowhere to be seen. 'What a place this is,' Tenshi thought to herself, looking at the holes along the wall. If the Shape Shifter is abnormally the only source of life down here at pretty much all times, those holes 'had' to have been its handiwork. 'a bit of a broken mess for my liking, but I guess that's why there's a better one.' Tenshi added to her thoughts as she stayed in the rough middle of the lab, eyes on everything. She's not sure what to do at all, re-adjusting her hat to tighten it on her head and trying her best to 'not' suddenly run off like she had done a few times before while keeping an eye out for anything other than the group that dares to move or make a sound, but more so stay right where she is and not run off out of her apparent fear. It's a mistake that doomed the others, to heck if she's going to do the same.
Details
Link to CS: Here!
Hex Code: #2969B0
Status (physically): Fine.
Status (mentally/emotionally): Scared.
Powers: Earth manipulation
Items: Sword of Hisou (formless and can see into spirits)
Course of action: Stay close to the group at all costs
Interactions: Nightwisher Nightwisher
Mentions: (Nope?)
Group: (I mean, pretty much everyone?)

Sir Benedict Cucumberpatch

Benedict looked around the bunker, all he could see was opportunity, “Ah....this place would make an excellent recon outpost, or testing facility, I’ll write a quaint little report.” Benedict said. Benedict peeked inside one of the holes, “Ah.... a big hole, Josh...we should go spelunking in there sometime.” Josh shuddered at the thought of adventuring into the unknown, after all, he was only a decent servant

Nightwisher Nightwisher

• latest

final_5d196223c6cb770014e1c1b2_54704.gif

John eyed his other timeline mother and nodded as he didn't wait and passed her, crawling in the crawl space and pulling himself into the lab.

As soon as a few others made it, along with Sarah, John looked over at the computers.

Sarah wanted John to check the computers to see if they were hackable or not to see if they can find more information.

The General turned and said "I'll check. Not sure, but if they are still intact, I can try."

John turned toward the computers, stepping over the broken glass carefully toward the computers. Intent on making them work, he started to type on the machines certain words and phrases hoping to get one of them to turn on or gain info.

nor is

Nightwisher Nightwisher darkred darkred

Last edited:
Epsilo Gamman

You dart through the exit with the rest of the group. You look around the new room... it was so... sciency, and old!!

“.... woah... these holes look like they were made by.. some sort of giant *march beasts!!”

You weren’t talking to anyone in general, just yourself. The entire place was something new to you!

“Soooo... if this shape shifter thing IS on the loose and all... and could be crushed... exactly how strong would you have to be to snap this thing....”

You try to walk a bit closer to the Ford guy, becoming more and more curious about this shape shifting beast.

*March Beasts is alternian for Ants

Nightwisher Nightwisher thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore @BunkerGangYeet​

Last edited:
[class=wrapperDiv] background-color: #fff; color: #000; padding: 10px; size: 13px; line-height: normal; [/class] [class=innerDiv] padding: 10px; [/class] [class=bigHeader] background-color: #54ACD2; color: #fff; font-size: 20px; font-family: Verdana; font-weight: bold; text-align: center; padding: 5px; [/class] [class=header] height: 30px; background-color: #54ACD2; color: #fff; font-size: 16px; font-family: Verdana; text-align: center; width: 100%; padding-top: 4px; [/class] [class=tabWrapper] height: 34px; background-color: #54ACD2; color: #fff; font-size: 16px; font-family: Verdana; text-align: center; width: 100%; [/class] [class=tab] display: inline-block; width: 100%; padding-top: 4px; [/class] [class=avatarImage] background:url('https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/587406005604712467/589276766384685056/Dezhing.jpg'); background-size: cover; margin: auto; width: 100%; height: 400px; [/class]
[div class=wrapperDiv][div class=bigHeader]CHRONOLOGY SERIES[/div]
[div class=header]DELSIN ROWE[/div]
[div class="avatarImage"][/div]LOCATION: Bunker
PHYSICAL CONDITION: Fine
EMOTIONAL CONDITION: Impatient
COLOR: #54ACD2

[div style="font-size:9px; font-style: italic; text-align:center"]Code by QizPizza[/div]​
[div class=tabWrapper][div class=tab style="border-top-left-radius: 5px;"]POST[/div][/div][div class="tabsContent tabsPost"]
INTERACTIONS: Nightwisher Nightwisher (GM)
MENTIONS: @Shapeshippers
People voted for fox girl. Fox girl innocent. New quest, but still no gold or XP. Seems about right. Delsin just followed the group into the forest and into weird the bunker where there was supposed to be a shapeshifter. That will totally be fun, never mind that they already have one traitor in their midst. Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. Remember "Dilly Pickle" and "Red Squid"? Come on. Even Delsin would be smart enough to figure out that there was some kind of wacky code word in, like, three seconds. They should have some kind of fancy code where they incorporate body language so that it's hard for anyone not pay attention. Personally, Delsin would've been fine with having everyone flaunt the okay hand sign when they spoke. But whatever.

Within the first part of the bunker, Delsin was one of the last to get a pick of the weapons. He already had a handy chain, but he had a feeling that without his powers, it wouldn't do too much against a shapeshifter. Delsin gave a sideways glance at the choices and had to make a quick decision: a Pez-dispenser or a grenade. The Conduit lowkey wanted to pick the Pez dispenser just for the giggles, but decided to grab the grenade instead. He shadily stuffed it into his hoodie pocket before following the others into the next room.

Lo and behold, there was a security system where all the blocks that made up the room started to glow with runes. Brilliant. Even though Delsin wasn't able to get a look at the book with the correct password or whatever, a couple people managed to press the correct runes and save everyone from death. From there, they proceeded on to an observation area, where they found out that the crazy shapeshifting monster had escaped its whole containment pod and created some kind of elaborate tunnel network. Par for the course. Delsin walked up to one of the tunnels and asked, "What are you guys waiting for, we got a shapeshifting bastard to kill? Let's make this quick, I kinda want to go to a place called home. I know, I know. Who could've ever guess?"

[/div]
[/div]

Frank West
Interactions: Open
Mentions: Nightwisher Nightwisher , SpaceRavens03 SpaceRavens03 , Topless Topless , GearBlade654 GearBlade654 , thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore , @bunkerbusters

Regardless of whether Prompto took Frank's weapon or not, it was time for the group to finish packing their bags and set off on their trip. He half-hoped that Kanna wouldn't have to fire her weapon at all, because he knew that the kick from a shotgun would definitely knock her on her back. He didn't want that to happen, because, obviously, a kid would get hurt... but on the other hand, it would be very funny, and he was the man with the camera.

For those of you who want to, or can, be a distraction, that will be helpful for those of you who cannot. I’ll run distraction as well, since I have the Journal. Ford said, nodding in Traksa's direction. Those who offer as distractions will split into the leading and back of the group, those who don’t want to be distractions in the middle."

Frank wasn't too much of a fan of the word "distraction". To him, it felt like it described those who volunteered as live bait, with the people who didn't volunteer mooching off of their potential grievous injuries from fighting an unknown, definitely dangerous monster. Frank quickly checked the inside of his jacket. Behind the assortment of general garbage, he took note of the fact that he still had a few bottles of his juices with him. He smiled to himself. These probably would have come in handy while I was running from the army, he thought, but he took the time to thank his past self for leaving him such a nice present.

Brandishing his Paddlesaw, Frank decided to take a sort of frontmost middle position. While he was aware this was more or less a position where he would be more of an all-around asset, he felt like that fit him just fine - he possessed important gear and skill which would help the group in taking the shapeshifter's skin, so he probably shouldn't take all of the heat, but he knew that he was more than capable of making a loud noise when he has to.

Before Frank even had a chance to make his way past the crowd of people to do his part, the Rune situation had already been defused. He was less upset about the fact that he didn't get to help, moreso about the fact that the room was so crowded that he couldn't get a good picture of the place while it was happening. How often are you going to get an opportunity like that?!

Go! Now!

He wouldn't have the opportunity to take a picture now, either - the ruins were closing in like an Indiana Jones film, and the crew had to run like the devil through the door that pressing the Runes had opened. Thankfully, the rest had reacted fast enough for everyone (at least, Frank hoped that was everyone) to get through in time. Frank had thought about going caving before... now it was safe to say that he had been put off. As the group found themselves in Ford's "observation area", Frank took a breather and said:

"Yeah... Ford, what's wrong... with a good old-fashioned password...?" Frank wheezed, speaking in between shocked breaths. "Jeez! I hope you've never had to clean anyone up in there..." He finished, straightening himself up. Now this was the kind of place he was expecting Ford to have. He made a mental note to make sure Ford gave him the exclusive on his work. This is a huge scoop, and he’ll set up camp outside Ford's door if he has to in order to get it.

His delight was only amplified by the sight of the real lab. Snapping picture after picture, he made sure to follow the group as they advanced towards the tunnel network.

You got it, Ford.” Frank said, surveying the whole area with his camera, thermal vision activated, in response to Ford’s order to keep an eye out for “anything at all”. “My eyes are peeled. No self-respecting journalist would want to miss any of this!” Frank hoped that, with the thermal vision on his camera turned on, he should hopefully be able to see if the shapeshifter had disguised as an object or anything else that was inconspicuous.​

Last edited:
"Anything at all?" Callie chirped in a frightened tone. The lab was a huge mess, worse than any failed experiment of the Octarians'. She hadn't grabbed any of the weapons because she thought her remaining unbroken inkling gear would do well enough to keep her safe. It at least made her feel better about the situation. She hardly had to worry when she had a dozen or so others to rely upon, on top of the Blaster- it was quite the gun, if one knew how to use it best.

The holes, however, gave Callie an idea. She equipped the Blaster, and took aim down one of them. Several dull pops later, and the wall of the tunnel was soaked in her ink. She transformed into a squid and leapt onto the wall, swimming down the tunnel's length, keeping an eye out for anything that could be a shapeshifter. If she did spot anything other than a member of the group she just oh-so-foolishly abandoned in her excitement, she would pop out of her ink for just long enough to fire a shot from her Blaster at it. Just to be sure.

juliedivider_by_necessity4fun_dd8v1wq-fullview.png
The cat had half-listened to the human scientist correcting her about the shape-shifter demeanor. To be honest, she had never clearly said anything like 'I'm sure of this' or 'I know that', she had even used the word 'guess' somewhere in-between. So if anyone had taken it as 100% the truth, it was their fault, not Julie's. The human's timing however, was quite grinding:

"And why, pray tell, must you wait for us to make assumptions to share that information?? Do you like correcting others that much?", the nekomata flicked her tail in anger, which only intensified after he had shown the book to them, "Oh great!", the sarcasm rang out on an all time high, "Isn't it wonderful that you brought the real deal along instead of a counterfeit? Now if we fail, we can all die together!! Or release a dangerous creature upon the land. Because we totally didn't just succeed by a hair in the past missions already!!"

The rest of the man words at her were met with disdain, merely a head tilt as if to mock it in the same way one would repeat other's phrases in an irritating, disrespectful tone. Though to be honest, Julie didn't think the human male deserved even as much. The four-eyes blonde was far more entertaining to mess with, but Ford just seemed sort of, 'disconnected' from reality. Not in psychotic or delusional ways, but perhaps paranoid and for self-protection. Once more, the Siamese had the impression that he was hiding something, tales of his past that most certainly had to do with the dream demon, if the shrine-like room dedicated to its triangular image had been anything to go by... Betrayal? Such personality traits and reasons for it would often walk together like this.

Of anyone else in the group, she would be quite familiar with it.

"No, you’re right. You don’t have to do anything. But the others also don’t have to give you the attention you beg for, either. Or listen to your rantings."

Julie's tail hung in the air, in the middle of a new swish that had not come. The human had been met with nothing but silence and a new glare, yet differently from the earlier times, it hadn't come with the same fiery spirit the cat was well-known for at this point. No, this time the Nekomata's heartbeat seemed to fill her ears and echo loudly, as she listened to words that she didn't want to. If it wasn't for the mission itself and the looming threat of a traitor taking advantage of it, perhaps she would have left long ago, in the pretense of boredom... The situation was however much more complicated as it would look like to the others:

"...shut up. Please ...Just stop."

Denial. Walls that had been put up in the course of hundreds of years and were just as fragile as glass, bricks that eroded under the right circumstances... Ford's well-constructed argument hit the spot, not because it was simply a good logical argument, but because unbeknownst to the cat herself, she actually agreed with it. It was quite unpleasant, to say the least, to have such convictions start to crumble in the drop of a pin, to put one against themselves in an internal argument...

...Was there the possibility that she had actually chosen this ending?

"I never claimed people weren’t monsters. I never claimed you were one. Seems like you put yourself in that position in your mind and are projecting your feelings onto us to justify your terrible attitude."

It had taken the cat a lot of effort to not release some kind of sound as more ruthless words were released in her direction like piercing arrows. Raising a paw in clear offense, Julie's gaze darted from the man to the environment of the dusty, desolate bunker. Old, abandoned, forgotten, marginalized... Just like her.

"Nee... Damare wo tanonde ita no deshou...?" "Hey... I've begged you to quit it, did I not...?"

As a creature of deceit and manipulation, Julie was quite accustomed to mimicking and pretending emotions, but even so, identifying what they were was quite a stretch for the Nekomata. What was it this time? Was this sadness, regret, disappointment in one-self? All at once? None of it? A weird sensation pressed her chest and she couldn't even tell what it was. How could she? There had been nothing but anger, hatred and contempt in there for 3 centuries. The cat didn't even think that she had other emotions to feel!

Needless to say, It was not a good time.
Damned be the scientist man for tinkering with that technological contraption of his... Damned be human curiosity and stupidity, playing with forces they did not understand, forcing others into their own messes. Truly, this was a species lacking any sort of self-preservation instinct.

As if her internal war of unknown emotion hadn't been enough, the Siamese ears twitched upon a new sound of approaching footsteps. The familiar image of the black-haired individual from before wasn't a pleasant one. Honestly, this was the worst time for dull conversations, and especially not heartfelt share sessions. As expected, his approach had been met with hostility:

"What? Have you come to chastise a disheartened lady when she's already down?", the cat had growled, back still turned at the man's direction, her voice lacking the usual harsh tone despite its unkind word-choice.

"I'm not going to pretend to be a practitioner in comforting nor a scholar of philosophy. As far as I can tell from last night, I'm atrocious at the former."

"You have to be kidding me..."

Disbelief? Well, not exactly, but Julie had definitely not expected that sort of reaction from anyone. As he went on, offering to actually hear her out, the Nekomata could only squint in suspicion wondering if the offer was genuine, or if there were second intentions, some kind of hidden gain to get from this... Her tail danced in a mix of curiosity, amusement and doubt. Still, she supposed that playing along, for now, wouldn't be completely terrible.

If there was some kind of strategy in the background, it should show itself soon enough:

"Resilient? Oh my, I had no idea that you held me to such high regards~", she purred teasingly, before answering the question on her usual cryptic way, "Oh darling, one would have to be perfectly emotionless to withness that which they've built, start to collapse and not feel some sort of grief over it... No one likes to discover that their foundation wasn't as solid as they made themselves to believe they were. See, I may disdain humans for their flaws, but I'm in no way free of committing those same mistakes. Attachment and accommodation are just par for the course..."

"So, that kid from your story...", the Siamese started, wanting, no, more like needing a change of subject, "Was that yourself or someone else close to you?", she expected him to react in surprise, even if mild, already chaining in an explanation, "Hey, lying is what I do! I could tell that not everything was last-minute improvisation. Though I have to admit, it was a pretty good delivery back there... You definitely have a knack for the thing~"

She let out a wink, purring low in both amusement and anticipation. However, just as she had done so a new person had approached, the purple-haired kid that had aimed a modern-looking musket at her. The footsteps echoed, Julie had glanced to meet the female kit's eyes and then stood up almost instantly, unsure of what the other was about to do, yet unwilling to be taken unprepared. Even as Kanna had slowly crouched beside her, the cat had watched her move, with apprehension, ready to fight back if she had to.

The girl gradually reached out, the Siamese lowering her ears in aggression, tail swishing, low guttural growls leaving her throat. Still, the girl did not quit, even as Julie took a step back, she kept reaching out... For a pat? The cat was quite confounded by this conclusion. Hadn't the other tried using her as a shooting target before?? Suspicion eventually melted away as the pleasant motion on her silky fur brought about a more relaxing feeling...

"Kitty..."

Julie opened her mouth to complain about the derogatory term, but no sound really left her. Warm memories from times well past, unable to be recalled vividly, tugged in the back of her conscious, almost as a faded scream echoing in an unknown distant mountain somewhere. Then she pushed the girl's hand away, gently, just a soft touch of her front paw as if telling her to stop, eyes wide and restless in clear conflict. Something felt... wrong. Whichever sensation this was, it was just too painful to recall. Perhaps even, she didn't actually deserve to have it...

Flight instincts flashed like danger sirens inside her mind. Avoidance was the way to go.

Before the girl could even try and pet her again, Julie took multiple steps back and walked away from her by moving around, gesturing with her head for the black-haired man to follow so that they could keep their information exchange going. In the background, others discussed either weapon-related topics, the passcode or made interpretations of the past happenings. The mechanical being's theory was quite intriguing to her as it ran right alongside her own interpretation of things: that they were all playing a game being orchestrated by the dream demon...

"...if there is a pattern to the killing, what were to happen if we ALL halted progress...", the grey oni had wondered, a good question indeed.

IF the traitors were really targetting those that messed up and halted progress, perhaps stopping progress altogether would simply give them a reason to be more aggressive with the killings. Instead of one at once, two, then three, all to make a point. To coerce the group into following the script for their own lives. At least, this seemed like a natural progression to her, a being of a similar invincibility delusion than Bill's appeared to be. 'Get in my way, there will be hell to pay', or something like that...

Oh well, guess they were stuck dancing this waltz at least until the gateway's completion. Don't people tend to say that things always got incredibly worse before it ultimately came to a satisfactory ending?

"I don't mind volunteering for the distraction team. Wrong or not, I'm still undoubtedly experienced in the art of deceit.", the cat let out with a confident grin, "And I do talk a lot~"

The playful swish of the tail was as she seemed to say something along the lines of 'Aha! I knew you were all thinking that!', as Julie put herself right beside Ford in the front team. Of course, there were even more arguments for her joining said team including sharp claws, fangs and overall feline agility. Really, have you ever tried to grab a running away cat? They are fast, cunning and clever!

That new-found confidence didn't last for long, however, as the group had followed into a circular passageway, walked through a narrow tunnel and ended up in the other side and the scientist man hissed an 'I forgot'. He... forgot?! Julie had a really bad feeling about it, glancing back as if tempted to return, but ultimately fighting it back and hopping down into the new room together with the others.

That's when the room had decided to move!

"What the...?", let out the cat, when the strange scribbles on the ground lit up. That initial bad feeling seemed to scream at her now.

The tiles of the walls started closing in on them, as did the floor and ceiling... Oh no, they were locked in and about to become room decor! Julie felt her heartbeat suddenly accelerate, flashbacks of looking out of a cramped cage and into a vast room momentarily dancing on her vision. Something about this situation terrified her and the Nekomata started to desperately hop from newly-raised tile to newly-raised tile, attempting to remain in the same ground level as before:

"I am not getting trapped again!!"

In the background, Ford's voice echoed, then a few other's. Not that the cat-youkai had been paying any attention to anything more than saving herself at that moment. Eventually remaining at the same ground level had proven to be a vain cause and Julie had found herself running out of options. In desperation, she had entered one of the holes by the wall, curling up with her eyes closed and simply letting that one block carry her further and further to the edge, back into the shrinking room.

Was this the end? Pitifully stuck in a hole, merely able to watch as people died around her once more and unable to save even herself?
...Had life finally looped into itself?

"Go! Now!"

The shout had brought the Nekomata back from her resigned state. Seemed like fate had decided to give her a new chance. About to get thrown back into the room, Julie had hopped out before the block had finished pushing her off the edge, soon hopping gracefully from raised tile to the next all the way until the exit, landing on her feet almost without air and with her fur standing on end. The one behind this terrifying, torture chamber had then received a questioning, piercing glance:

"Just what... kind of twisted, cruel creature... are you??", she asked Ford, seeing the man in a new light, still trying to calm herself down from the experience.

Jeeeez, she could understand wanting to keep certain things to yourself, but to make your enemies into strawberry spread? Not even her would be this wicked and cold-hearted! Yep, she was convinced. Only a highly paranoid person would be able of both considering such abomination and then actually putting it into practice without ever thinking that perhaps it could be just a tad too much. Maybe just a tad.

The next rooms, apparently called 'observation area' and 'lab', didn't make much sense to Julie, or really enticed her. They were full of technological paraphernalia that the 1800's cat couldn't comprehend and though a smidge of curiosity did still exist, she knew better than to play with it and potentially trigger a new death trap upon her peers. One had been more than enough for a single day. Hopefully, the adult male that had decided to mess with the machinery actually knew what he was doing.

"Wow. Someone had way too much time on their paws...", she had commented as the group had come across the tunnels. Welp, this search was going to take a while... "At least if we stray too far from a light source I can still see in the dark."

Ford didn't even have to tell the Siamese to watch for anything weird as that was rule number one when dealing with a shape-shifter creature. Unfortunately, if it decided to disguise itself as a package of anything, Julie wouldn't know enough about the brands and layouts to tell if there was anything wrong with them... And the basic shapes or colors didn't tend to be a problem to mimic. Mentally cursing the timeline disparity between her world and this one, the cat still pressed on, eyeing objects and corners left and right, expecting anything to pop-up at any moment and attack.

There was only one problem, a member of their charge had decided to go on without the rest of them:

"I thought we had agreed to stick together!", the youkai hissed at the deserter, way too late to stop any of their progress into what is possibly a trap.

Minus one. Cause of death: recklessness.

Laix_Lake Laix_Lake , Topless Topless , Ferociousfeind Ferociousfeind , Nightwisher Nightwisher , @BunkerCrew_GoodbyeSquidGirlItWasNiceKnowingYou​

Last edited:
tumblr_o74gk8IhCJ1tk93nqo1_500.png

Orbeck of Vinheim

Orbeck stood by as the rest of the group talked about code words, weaponry, and theories on the omnipresent triangle (bill) The one thing that he was focusing on was Julie's reaction to Ford's scolding. From the hesitant stance to the quiet murdering, It seemed as if something within her has been shattered. Even her initial hostile remark was lacking in her usual tone.

"Resilient? Oh my, I had no idea that you held me to such high regards~", she purred teasingly, before answering the question on her usual cryptic way, "Oh darling, one would have to be perfectly emotionless to withness that which they've built, start to collapse and not feel some sort of grief over it... No one likes to discover that their foundation wasn't as solid as they made themselves to believe they were. See, I may disdain humans for their flaws, but I'm in no way free of committing those same mistakes. Attachment and accommodation are just par for the course..."

So now she decides to admit to her folly building a viewpoint on something akin to an illusion of hostility or power. Not to mention her seaming quick transition from questioning one's self to openly admitting her own Fallacy.

"So, that kid from your story...", the Siamese started, wanting, no, more like needing a change of subject, "Was that yourself or someone else close to you?", she expected him to react in surprise, even if mild, already chaining in an explanation, "Hey, lying is what I do! I could tell that not everything was last-minute improvisation. Though I have to admit, it was a pretty good delivery back there... You definitely have a knack for the thing~"

Before he had a chance to respond, the Crossbreed (Kanna) from earlier attempted to pet Julie and was able to succeed in putting the talking feline in a comforting embrace. It didn't last long however as she did everything in her power to escape. Might be something good to go by as a reference. He grabbed the last of the items from the small armament, a purple piece of...something. Sadly, Ornbeck is unable to comprehend what a Pez dispenser is. He follows along. So where was he on about? oh yes, Julie. Was Orbeck surprised by Julie's rightful guess? Not really. He was the only person who bothered to make an effort to interact with her beyond the surface (Outside of ford). So it would make some sense for her to take great attention to that story of his. Orbeck razed an eyebrow at the inquiry before responding.
"For now that answer will be kept brief, I can tell you that it was based on my time as an adolescent, and yes talking cats are not unheard of where I'm from. My only regret is that we had two elderly phantoms who were more concerned with things that are 'Cute'."

The next room turned out to be a trap of intricate design, with parts of the walls, floor, and ceiling slowly converging. There was nothing of interest to note during this time, besides escaping the hairs on their chin, and Julie's apparent fear of enclosed traps. The next room was about as complicated as Ford's basement, with the space filled with yet more unknowable tech. Apparently, this shape-shifting creature is big enough to dig out pathways. Concerning, maybe, but not worth panicking over just yet. He decided to join Ford as the bait, figuring his experience dealing with all manner of monstrously and hallows might help in this.

"I thought we had agreed to stick together!", the youkai hissed at the deserter, way too late to stop any of their progress into what is possibly a trap.
"I'm guessing this is what happened with the group handling the merman." he said "For now, we need to keep any idle chat to a minimum. Ford claimed it can become anything; so for all that we know, it may as well be peaking at our idle chats."

Sleek Sleek Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara thefinalgirl thefinalgirl SheepKing SheepKing Thepotatogod Thepotatogod BoltBeam BoltBeam Chungchangching Chungchangching Nightwisher Nightwisher
T The Man With No Name Topless Topless SpaceRavens03 SpaceRavens03

Ford shook his head as the cat continued to complain. Maybe the man would have continued the argument if they had the time to spare, but as it were, they just didn’t. The man barely seemed to notice that he had actually hit a nerve with his words and he continued forward into the lab to do the job that they came here to do. Interestingly enough, Julie volunteered to be in the distraction team. He wasn’t about to tell her no, more because they needed more than just two distractions. Once they made it from the ruin room and the cat once against turned an accusatory look on him, Ford merely returned with a shrug. “When you have important documentation, and a lab full of dangerous creatures, you try to keep it safe. You also want to keep the outside world safe from it.” The man explained, giving a thankful nod to Orbeck has he also joined the distraction team at the front of the group.

“Well, it was a testing facility.” Ford said to Benedict, a bit concerned about the report he was planning on writing. However, he didn’t want to ask the man not to write said report as that would only make the Author seem far more suspicious than he liked to present himself. He was about to comment further, however, when Epsilo cut in on his thoughts. “Well, it would depend on the form that the Shape Shifter takes,” the man explained, scratching the back of his neck. “It will be harder to crush it if it takes on an elemental form, because you can’t really crush fire or water, but if it takes a more fleshy form, it will probably be as easy to crush it as it would be to crush me.” Ford wasn’t sure if he was explaining it well enough for the other to understand. After all, he couldn’t exactly give an exact idea of how easy it would be to kill a Shifter than could change into literally anything.

Ford chuckled at Frank’s comment. “A password only holds back so much, too easy to figure out.” He was actually very proud of his ruin puzzle and wish he had remembered the dangers of it before it had become an issue. Nonetheless, they had all gotten out safe and sound from the looks of it. The older man offered a nod to the photographer as Frank confirmed his eyes were peeled. A quick movement caught the corner of the old man's eye as he watched the squid hurry down the tunnel. “Wait!” Ford called, but it was too late, Callie was already out of sight with the use of the ink.

As John typed away on the old and dusty computer, he would find it easily hackable with his more technologically advanced knowledge. As he searched through the files, he would see audio recordings and video recordings of experiments and specimen that Ford and his partner, a man named Fiddleford, had worked with in their time in the bunker. John would also find controls to the still working security system of the lab, meaning he would have a bird’s eye view from the cameras, as well as controls to the cryogenic freezing holding systems. If the group managed to get the Shape Shifter into one of the hold tubes, it could be helpful to have the man at the controls. However, it was possible the group wouldn't even try to do such a thing as they needed flesh from the monster. It would be up the him to decide if he wanted to take the chance and stay behind just in case, or join with the group in their search in the tunnels.

( BoltBeam BoltBeam ), (@Crow), ( Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara ), ( Benedict Cucumberpatch Benedict Cucumberpatch ), ( Birb Birb ), ( Laix_Lake Laix_Lake ), ( Sleek Sleek ), ( T The Man With No Name ), ( Chungchangching Chungchangching ), (@Tropicalpeacock), ( SheepKing SheepKing ), ( Thepotatogod Thepotatogod ), ( Sir Skrubbins Sir Skrubbins ), ( Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun ), ( DerpyCarp DerpyCarp ), ( QizPizza QizPizza ), ( Topless Topless ), ( Ferociousfeind Ferociousfeind ), ( darkred darkred ), ( GearBlade654 GearBlade654 ), ( FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla ), ( Topless Topless ).

Last edited:

Benedict pulled out his trusty note-pad, “Ah, one runner......not so good......the rest are stabile enough, minor hostility coming from the wizard man.......ah, yes, and one terrible Josh.” Josh nodded obendiently as Benedict wrote everything down. “Ah....Josh, this reminds me of when we were locked in the sewer by the angry mob....” Josh put his flipper on his heart when Benedict slapped it away gently and leaned in “Ah ah ah Josh, they don't deserve peace.”​

Ekkeen "Reckoner" Traksa
The Skirmisher, once again, was silent as she speedily took her position at the front. Traksa silently kept her Bullpup up and ready to fire away at anything that leapt out of the darkness.
Even as the ruins crumbled, the former ADVENT trooper failed to utter a word as she followed. But even underneath the helmet, it was clear the Skirmisher was in admiration. This was no humble basement. This was a state-of-the-art facility. At least, it was.
Traksa always had an admiration for science. The whirring of technology, the sounds of science were like music to the clone's ears. The Skirmisher reflected on the dusty ruins.
Then one of the group made a run for it. Traksa, startled, instantly turned to see Callie ( Ferociousfeind Ferociousfeind ) jump through the wall. The Skirmisher swore in her language for a moment, before turning to Ford ( Nightwisher Nightwisher ). This was bad-Callie was in no position to take that beast on by herself. Traksa immediately looked around for any sort of door, really, any way to get the Inkling before it got bad.​

Fulgore keeps to the front of the group, red eyes scanning the darkness as they search. After watching the Cephalopod child dash off, Fulgore sighs.
"Should we bother going after her, or leave her to her fate?"
Fulgore goes to check the Containment Tube, and the other Machines nearby.
thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore

• As Cole began to put the six-shooter back down, Ford quickly led everyone else out as they pressed a quartet of runes and opened a set of doors. As soon as that new entrance showed itself MacGrath followed the group without hesitation- the last thing he wanted was to be squashed in these intricate hallways. They passed through an observation area and the lab itself, revealing some sort of tunnel system where the group could easily get lost. This screamed "TRAP" to Cole, but he was pretty sure most people had that same common sense.

Well, apparently not the squid girl. The kid whose gun had been stolen last night shot up the wall with her ink-splashing weapon before hopping into it and vanishing like she was Houdini. The Conduit groaned aloud, shaking his head as she completely ignored the scientist's orders of sticking together, leaving everyone else behind. The weird posh guy kept writing notes, a sci-fi-esque woman seemed to start looking for another way to get to the Inkling, and the robot asked how they should approach the situation now that one of their own had left them. The Electric Man couldn't help but frown before throwing in his own response.

"I honestly think we should just stick to our plan of 'distractors' and 'not distractors'. We all stay together; there's no point in risking a group split right now, as much as I hate to say it." Would he miss the squid girl? Probably not. But it definitely sucked to know that there wasn't exactly a good way to approach this situation. If they went after squiddy chances were they'd cause even more trouble than just leaving her to fend for herself. This conflict was, of course, inadvertently displayed in the tone of his voice too- an uncertainty as to whether or not this was a smart decision seemed to remain in Cole's words, leaving everyone else to throw in their ideas whether they thought this was the sensible choice or if it was dumb as hell.

Julie had let out a chuckle at the black-haired male's final line, adding with a flick of a tail and a teasing purr her approval of said mentioned 'elderly phantoms' assessment of her generalized species:

"Oh well, who can blame them? Our feline charm IS quite irresistible~!"

As for the rest of the conversation? There hadn't been a lot to get from it, other than the full confirmation that the boy from the story was in fact the man himself and not a close one. Unfortunately, due to the circumstances, her curiosity over the whole curse bit would have to wait, as the Nekomata had turned to look at him and acknowledged his advice about reducing their idle chats with a serious, agreeing nod.

On the other paw, Ford's earlier response to her surprised and questioning statement had not been as favorable. Was there some logic to it? Yes, yes there was. He was absolutely correct when it came to keeping what was inside hidden and away from the outside world. But, when it came to the opposite side of that coin, perhaps a curious group of teens that just didn't know better, perhaps a wandering lost kid... That's when the scales seemed to tip out of balance. Could you really be this paranoid to warrant the death of innocents, even if stupid, to such a cruel device over protecting your secrets?

And sure, one must be wondering, why is that a concern, given that Julie had probably done a lot worse in her lifetime and for way less? Well, there isn't a good answer to give, she IS quite petty. There was just something incredibly jarring in seeing a human act as a youkai, that's all. That brand of carelessness, thoughtlessness and indifference was typical of their kind, of supernatural creatures that saw their mythical powers as an excuse to mess with those weaker than them, who might or might not have earned their wrath. But a human, being this cold-hearted towards other humans was always a surprise.

People like this deserved to drown in the pits of hell together with the rest of their rotten brethren for eternity, without escaping the heavy, deep, dark waters and the pressure they exerted ever again. Crushed by the weight of their sins and apathy over and over and over...

But this was the wrong time to reminisce, and thus instead of letting her decaying opinion of Ford fester, possibly reviving old yet vivid emotions and memories of pure raw hatred, the cat instead shook them off her head, took a long breath and continued to focus on the mission at hand. She'd deal with the sheer perversion of the scientist human's twisted priorities at a later occasion:

"Remember our previous agreements!", she yelled back at them, reinforcing what the almost hairless human male had just said avoiding to say the word 'password' just in case the enemy was actually listening, "Anyone that leaves the group and attempts to return shall be treated with the utmost suspicion, until we can assure that they are who they say they are with a hundred per cent of certainty! The anthropomorphic cephalopod has made her decision when she ran off, now we can only hope she's able to fend for herself until we can locate the shifter."

With her tail and ears restless, watching for every corner in full-on alert, Julie glared forwards as if thinking 'so, what will your first move be?' as if taunting the darkness of the tunnels ahead.

Back in the convenience store, the blond four-eyes had asked her just what she brought to the group. She had thought the answer to be her acting skills at that moment, though her misinterpretation of how annoying, vain and impatient elderly ghosts could be in their afterlife had sort proven her wrong. Now she had a new answer to give. THIS. Her expertise with this kind of enemy, this kind of game was what she brought to this team. It felt like home, and not London-home, but as in home-home. The classic Japanese eras, the golden age of youkai kind.

This was it. This was Julie's moment to shine!

Laix_Lake Laix_Lake , DerpyCarp DerpyCarp , FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla , Nightwisher Nightwisher , @BunkerCrew_ShifterHuntingParty​

Last edited:
Callie rushed off down the tunnel, undoubtedly out of sight of anyone else. There was no way they'd be able to keep up with her breakneck ink swimming speeds for more than a few seconds, either way. After a few moments of traveling deep into the unknown, she halted when she felt confident enough in herself. It's not like the shapeshifter could get the drop on her, she was a highly-skilled secret agent. It hasn't had any time to set up an ambush, anyways! In fact, she's entirely confident she would get the drop on it if they met at all. Though, she has her doubts towards meeting it so soon.

Jumping out of the wall and transforming back into a squid-kid, Callie takes a brief look around, before deciding that the coast was totally clear. She walked back towards the group, smiling and waving all the while, "I fooled you, didn't I? You really thought I was going to run off, never to be found again!" After plenty of moments of letting people be bewildered by her sudden re-appearance, Callie announced without further ado, "Well then, let's get back to finding that shapeshifter!"

Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla DerpyCarp DerpyCarp GearBlade654 GearBlade654 Benedict Cucumberpatch Benedict Cucumberpatch Nightwisher Nightwisher Laix_Lake Laix_Lake Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun Sir Skrubbins Sir Skrubbins QizPizza QizPizza Birb Birb darkred darkred BoltBeam BoltBeam Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara Sleek Sleek Topless Topless SpaceRavens03 SpaceRavens03 Thepotatogod Thepotatogod SheepKing SheepKing

Epsilo Gamman

Fleshy form huh.. you could work with that. If the shape shifter did show up, you'd have to wait for the right moment to attack.

You continued to zone out as you just stayed with the group, until one of the group members pulled out a weapon. For a few seconds, you looked tense, and almost ready to pulverize someone into the ground, but the gun was put away before any actual fighting broke out. For now, you suppose it would be best to keep an eye out for anything suspicious.

Nightwisher Nightwisher @BunkerGangYeet​

Ekkeen "Reckoner" Traksa
Actions: Recovering from Shock
20190604180322_1.jpg
"WHAT THE-"
Traksa visibly stumbled backwards when Callie ( Ferociousfeind Ferociousfeind ) came back through the wall. The Skirmisher fumbled for her Bullpup and prepared to fire it when she saw who it was.
"Oh."
One did not require lifting the helmet to see that Traksa was slightly embarrased by this. All this preparation for combat, only for some trick. Traksa rubbed her helmet, before sternly shaking her head while putting her magnetic bullpup away.
"Don't do that again. I came this close to riddling you with magnetic rounds if I hadn't checked before firing-this is a high stakes situation and a prank like that could be bad."
After speaking with Callie, Traksa turned away, and swiftly realized something.
Plutia had died from Callie's weapon. And Callie, well, it might have been an innocent prank, but there was no telling what lied behind that wall. If the Shapeshifter was there, for all Traksa knew Callie intentionally alerted the Shapeshifter.
Or she was paranoid. Both were valid explanations. Traksa swiftly strode over to Ford ( thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore / Nightwisher Nightwisher ) and tapped the man on the shoulder, before signaling she wanted someone to talk with regarding a potential traitor.

-Traksa is now slightly suspicious of Callie-​

• As soon as Cole finished speaking, the squid girl came in from the walls. MacGrath's immediate reaction was to pull out his Amp, extending its prongs before pointing it at Callie, letting the weird posh guy threaten the girl with a gun before speaking up since he completely dropped the ball on the "code word" protocol. Some people seemed to similarly completely forget about that, considering how they gave the ink-thing one glance and nothing more. He stepped forwards a couple paces before pointing his melee weapon towards the Inkling in the wall and speaking only a few words.

"Squid code word. Now."

Callie paused, and looked up to Cole. He had a very fancy-looking... Gun? Stick? Sword...? It's hard to tell, but it was zapping like a, well, a zapfish. An electric blue aura and the gross smell of ozone overwhelmed Callie. She shook her head, holding her hands up, shouting, "Too bright, too bright!"

After a moment of not dying, she slowed her movements, and opened her eyes again. Cole spoke four simple words. The issue was she was struggling to actually comprehend the sentence. "Squid code word," he said. But... was he asking for the squid code word, or was he referring to Callie, asking for the non-squid-related code word? It was hard to tell, but she thought of something that wouldn't immediately result in her death. Callie responded as well as she could. "Uhh...? W-which code word?"

( FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla )

As Callie was being asked the code word, Benedict said only two words to Josh, “Tea Time” Josh pulled out the tea set and they both enjoyed a nice cup of tea as they watched Callies confrontation, “Ah Josh, this is a very...interesting performance, like the opera....how I miss the opera.”​

Users who are viewing this thread