• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Extraordinarily mundane-An investigation and exploration RP [9/12 slots taken]

Breadman

Big loaf supreme
9TySFLs.jpg

Preface
Ever since humanity learned to dream, the Focus has been an inseparable part of our history. The Extraordinarily mundane world can be summarized in it's name quite easily. The world we know today with it's history, folklore and traditions, but it has something a little bit extra to it. Something that makes it stand out in a strange and peculiar way. What sets it apart is the presence of the 'Focus', a particular energy that manifests itself when the collective will of a group of people calls out for needs to be fulfilled. Often times creating heroes and villain to do battle with each other, or simply figures to explain the unexplainable. There have been many people and creatures spawned by the Focus and there will be many more.

But in the midst of it all there are those who are not just content with sitting by and watching what happens. The Archivists are an ancient order of individuals that trace their origin to civilization's earliest days. Their mission is to explore, investigate and document anything related to the Focus. The events it leads to. The creatures it spawns. The people it imbues. All of these are subjects of interest to the archivists. Their never ending quest for knowledge leads to them to many perils and dangers, but despite near anhialation several times, they persevere. Your own career in the organization begins soon, agent.

Rules and Info​
Recruitment thread.
There is still some room to join, but those can be gone at any moment. If anyone else drops, I'll update to show it.

Rules:
1. Be excellent to each other. Keep it cool, guys.
2. Don't metagame. This is done for fun, not competition.
3. If you have to write something out of character use [[]]
4. Should you happen to drop out of the game for whatever reason, your character will be given NPC status and be placed under my control
5. Combat encounters are PvE centered, but PvP is possible and will require all parties to consent to it.
6. As the GM, I reserve the right to have complete control and change rules to better fit things for a more fun experience. This means there will be some experimenting on my part with some things, but it shouldn't be a detriment for your experience.

7:15 AM, London time, Home base

"I'm just saying, you don't know what they'll do next with this stuff." One of the two lab techs spoke with a hushed tone. "Open portals to who knows where, bringing in, who knows what?"

"Is there a problem here?" A voice asked behind them, prompting them both to stiff up and turn around in a hurry. In front of them was the chief science officer, Dr. Connor Ellis. "What? Did I interrupt your work?" A wide curious smile crept across his face.

"N-no, sir!" Said the first tech, now with coffee all over his coat and shirt as the scare caused him to spill half the cup's contents "We were just talking about applying Focus in our new matter displacement project and..."

"...we we're worried that the energies might cause something to not only get moved, but...eh...get brought in instead."

"Aha..." Connor nodded with his mouth slightly open. "And you are worried about sharing these concerns, why?" he asked before bringing the coffee mug to his face.

"Well...this is your personal project and we didn't know how exactly to argue our case in a rational manner to you and..." His train of though just stopped after that. Connor sipped from his mug and placed a hand on the technician's shoulder.

"You really shouldn't worry about arguing with me, Harold." A friendly smile was now on the doctor's face.

"I'm Simon, sir."

"Shawn, I appreciate people who poke at my work for any problems. It's how we learn to be better." Another sip from his coffee before continuing "I also appreciate those who don't beat around the bush to break the news to me. So lets talk about your worries. Yes, this is still in prototype stages, but the matter displacement pack will work with special trackers and elemental field built into the harness that make sure the Focus energy doesn't put something unpleasant in your place when you leave."

"But those aren't tested yet, sir. It's why we worry." The coffee stained tech spoke up.

"And that's why you're here today." Dr. Ellis motioned for both of them to follow him into the other room. It was very large, almost a perfect square room, with pure white walls. In the center was the prototype harness for the device they were talking about just seconds ago. "I need someone to watch over me while I test this baby out." The two stopped and looked at each other and then to him.

"Sir, you can't be serious!"

"I am." Connor said as he placed the harness on "You think I'm going to force someone do something I wouldn't? Do you take me for some wuss? Now go take notes. We're making science here, boys!"
---
8:45 AM, Parris time

"You sure you saw it there?" The hunched over figure asked. His voice sounding as rough as his face. Loren was a man of many things. A warrior, a lover and the most disfigured Nosferatu to prowl the Paris streets at night. What was rumored to have been found deep within the city's catacombs however send a chill down his spine. His yellow eyes pierced daggers through his partner in crime as he untied a bundle wrapped in an old parchment.

"No, Loren. I saw something worse." The vampire paused as he untied the bundle revealing a scroll. "Do you know what this is?"

"Paper?"

"A map. From the old organization. Has their marking and everything." The other Nosferatu looked as Loren started to pace about the room they had snuck in for the day. Careful to avoid the window and the ray of sunlight. "If we found it, that means they will too."

"I know...I know..." He stopped pacing around and turned to his friend "This is the last time I trust that idiot from the docks with anything. This sort of thing...they have to know it was stolen...MERDE!"

"Loren, calm yourself." The other tried to calm him as they we're unsure just how abandoned this building was. The possibility of being discovered by random drug abusers was not pleasant for either of them. Especially the cleanup. "What if...what if we just give it to someone else?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Just...make it someone else's problem."

"That's..." Loren froze for a second and he thought it through. A hideous smile formed on his face "My friend, this is why you're the brains of our operation."
---

10:00 AM London time, Home base

"She's actually asleep huh?" The woman standing over her asked. Her colleague was sprawled all over the couch in the lobby. A paperback book resting on her face, barely concealing the light snoring. Just muffling it slightly. Next to her stood a man, he was older and more well dressed than either of them. "Wake up. Lucile!" The woman tried to rouse her from her slumber with a stern tone, but it was of little use.

"Allow me." He colleague said as he lifted the book from the sleeper's face "Crimes of Saint Lovoda" He inspected the book "Looks like she gained a liking to romance." The older man smiled as he held the book slightly above Lucile's head and dropped it.

"Ow! Fuck...what the hell?" The newly awoken sleeper reacted as well as anyone in his place getting woken up in such a manner "Couldn't you just nudge me?" She asked while getting up and straightening out his suit.

"I could, but we both know a raging bull in a China shop has troubles waking you up." The older man chuckled.

"Yeah, laugh it up Ludwig." Lucien finished up straightening himself out.

"How did you fall asleep on that couch of all places?" The woman asked. "Those things are like hard granite."

"Long night in the office, Kwon." Lucile turned to her "Was tracking down a striga and it took longer than we thought. We caught it, but I didn't exactly have time to go home and change before the my usual shit. So I decided to just...not."

"Must have been a rough hunt if you could make those cushions comfortable." Ludwig scratched his chin "Hope you got some energy back, because you're late for the meeting."

"What meeting?"

"The new guys." Kwon reminded him "You're supposed to meet the new recruits today, remember?"

"What do you mean today? It's not..." She paused as he counted the hours in her head "Oh god, it's Friday." Lucile sighed "Fine, fine. I'll take the blame. Is McNulty in?" She looked to Kwon.

"Richard has been notified that he would be your partner for this batch." Ludwig answered instead of her "I do suggest we hurry so you don't irritate him as well."

"Right. Lets go to see who we got!" Lucile walked forward with a surprisingly chipper spring in her step. The other two looked at each other for a second, sighing and following her to the inner part of the facility to meet their new recruits.

Last edited:
Harvest sat perfectly still, a common trait of her dryad kind, but instead of focusing on earths and plants, she was focusing instead on a computer that lay right on her lap as her drone, her all seeing eye drone powered by her own magic, took a look around the faculity. As she didn't know exactly who or what the faculity was or even who the members were, she instead focused on the recruits. The only people she knew of at least. Steadily her drone captured every conversation, be it outside her sitting area or right beside her. Calmly she sipped her tea and continued looking at her computer, while idly swirling a vine in her hands. The only indication other than her light green skin that she was a dryad as she was dressed in normal everyday clothes.

Breadman Breadman Everyone Everyone else

Oliver Godwin

The recruits weren't anything to gawk at, it seemed. To think he had been so excited over nothing just minutes ago...

The man was leaning against the wall, arms crossed and accompanied with a look that burned with what could only be described as pure malice. He watched the other recruits carefully. He was dressed in a priest's uniform but no cross was in sight. His blond hair was slicked neatly which would have given the impression of a trustworthy man if not for his gaze. Oliver made note of the others in the room. Although they weren't an interesting crowd (Nothing he hadn't seen before), he couldn't shake that familiar feeling. This feeling followed him everywhere, and at this point he just considered it a part of his charm. It was a feeling of envy of them. The Dryad girl with her spying technology especially caught his eye. It wasn't like he couldn't spy on others of his own accord, but he also didn't have the knowledge to control one of those things either. Newer inventions in this day and age fascinated him, the minds of those who created them even more so. Oh how he wished to become them!

Glancing up at the hovering mechanism, he gave a small smile and waved. Even the demon knew he had to behave himself around these parts. Not only would he certainly be kicked out on day one if he were to start his shenanigans, but he wouldn't be able to fulfill what was requested of him- his whole reason for being here in the first place.

The room was silent otherwise as everyone waited for the show to begin. Hopefully it would be sooner rather than later.

Mentions: PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss

It didn't take long for the trio to come inside the meeting room. As Lucile entered she was greeted almost headfirst smacking into an orb. The device stopped her dead in her tracks as it flew and looked like to analyze her. She raised an eyebrow as it flew away seemingly content with its analysis. Upon a closer look it was hovering back to the young woman with an odd skin. Green and twirling a vine. Must be a forest spirit of some kind. One with affinity to technology.

"You should probably introduce yourself to them." Ludwig whispered behind her.

"I have done this before, Lu." The agent whispered back in an annoyed tone. She took a deep breath and stepped forward "Everyone, can I have your attention please? First I want to welcome you to the Archivists. It's my pleasure to introduce myself. I am Lucile Priest and I will be your supervisor until you 'lose the training wheels' so to say. Now I'm sure you all have your reasons to join the Archivist organization and I would like to hear it. After that you can ask me a few questions and we can move on to the exiting parts." She tried to sound motivational "You'll get to meet your bosses and get introduced to the big guy running the place. And then the real fun begins."

"So, who wants to go first?"

Feyvel was drawing a lemon tree.

He'd come into the conference room early, and it had been empty then, so he'd pulled out his sketchbook and started drawing. It was probably not a very good lemon tree, since he didn't have any references, but he didn't care much. He carefully penciled in the trunk and leaves, and elected to draw a little pot for it, and the rough lines of a kitchen around it. He was just starting to go over the lines in walnut ink when three people with the bearing of someone in charge entered the room. He screwed the cap back on his pen and blew on the ink lines as one introduced herself as Lucile Priest, their superior. He looked around the room, and realized, with some amusement, that he was probably the most normal person in the group. That was new.

And then she asked for introductions, because apparently no one could ever escape ice breakers.

Waiting for someone to go first was always the worst, so Feyvel gave a little wave to indicate he would. “I’m Feyvel Zaslavsky, formerly US Navy. I’m a surveyor. I’m here…” he paused, trying to think how he could sum everything up quickly, because he did not want to dump his life story and bizarre revelation on his new coworkers. “I’m here because sometimes the maps aren’t right, and it drives me fucking nuts,” he settled on, waving his hand over his still drying drawing.

10:01 AM London time, Home base

LATE

A pair of brown eyes set upon a tired, well worn face opened. The head they belonged to lifted up from the leather chair it was resting against. For all intents and purposes its owner had been dead to the world for the last hour, appearing to have passed out in his chair while waiting for others to show up. But, appearances can be deceiving, and Agent Richards 'Dick' McNulty was an expert at cultivating a certain appearance. Indeed, as he smoothed out his leather coat and withdrew a packet of cigarettes from a coat pocket he was nothing if not the picture perfect image of a grizzled detective. Eyes aged by a lifetime of contact with the dirtier side of humanity (and non-humanity for that matter) coasted over the room, taking measure of the 'quirky' inhabitants. His eyes narrowed as he pulled a metal lighter out of his pocket, the light reflecting off of the skull engraved on it. With a quick flick of the thumb a spark of flame ignited his cigarette, and he took a long drag as his own little quirk floated over to him.

The Ghost had been floating by the door, staring at the fresh recruits as they each had made their way in. While appearing comatose, in truth Richard had been wide awake. As they entered The Ghost had shown him what they looked like, and given its opinion on them. Though the bastard had a funny way of giving opinions, it seemed to prefer pictures and sounds to words. The girl with the drone had merited a picture of a verdant forest with circuit-boards as fruit. As the priest passed through he'd heard swords clashing. The outdoorsman who just spoke up had merited a compass spinning. So of all the fucking things for the Ghost to use it words for, it had told him that...

"You're late, Lucile. By one whole minute."

Last edited:
Several hours ago, somewhere in southern Europe...

The police officers had stacked up on the driveway leading up to the small and quaint little villa painted in white and yellow colors. Inside there was quite the commotion as whatever had been locked inside seemed to bounce back and forth between walls and various pieces of furniture. Unsure what to do, the local police captain wiped the sweat from his brow just as a rather large black but otherwise unmarked 8x8 truck pulled up to the scene. Tinted windows made it impossible to see who or what was driving the truck (in reality it was a team of five goblin-brothers) but the police officer's attention soon shifted to the figure that climbed out the back;
Clad in strange armor the figure practically marched up towards the police captain and bowed his head. Despite being so obviously armed to the teeth the man behind the visored helmet smiled, if rather forcefully.

"GREETINGS, URBAN COHORTS OF THIS QUAINT IMPERIAL VILLAGE!" Bellowed Indomitus, extending his hand towards the captain who now had the "I'm so fucking done with this job"-expression plastered across his face. "I- Indomitus- am here to assist you with your mischievous rabble. Please stand back as I am required to carry out this task on my own."

"[Is he high?]" Asked one of the policemen.

"[Don't know, don't care. Send him in.]" Replied the captain, waving for Indomitus to approach the house.

"MY THANKS TO YOU, FELLOW LAW-KEEPERS OF IMPERIAL SOCIETY!" Said Indomitus, nodding before walking through and tearing off the police-tape from the two positions it was tied to- narrowly avoiding pulling off a side mirror from one of the nearby patrol cars in the process.

As the absolute giant of a man approached the house he curiously didn't even touch any of his rather imposing weapons but rather produced a metallic disc from a pouch on his belt. Using both of his hands Indomitus pressed the discs' two sides against each other which caused it to click, revealing that it could in fact be split in two. The discs parted and revealed a faint purple-ish energy field between them, hinting to the fact that this was some kind of energy container.

With poor precision Indomitus attempted to open the door but instead tore off the handle. Shaking his head the legionnaire used his pinky to gently push the door inwards before crab-walking inside in a hunched position. Once he was inside he closed the door behind him.

Outside the police captain lit a cigarette and sighed. The commotion inside seemed to temporarily stop until Indomitus shouted his greeting at whatever it was inside, causing the commotion to intensify but with the added sound of shouting from Indomitus himself.

07:10 London time, Home Base

With heavy steps Indomitus approached the clerk at the reception desk. He carried his helmet in one hand and the contained in the other. Inside the contained a fairy was giggling non-stop, most likely in response to Indomitus' face which was covered in bruises, shallow cuts and- is that an egg?

Looking up, the woman had a slightly annoyed expression as the legionnaires shadow loomed over her and her workstation. "Yes?" She asked dryly.

"I, Indomitus, return from yet another holy mission. I have reclaimed another Imperial artifact in His Most Holy Name- this one in the shape of a mischievous fairy." He placed the container on the reception desk with a heavy thud.

Unimpressed, the receptionist grunted. She waved at a man standing next to the desk who promptly put on a pair of nylon gloves before grabbing the container and walking off with it.
"Your assignment took longer than expected," said the woman. "You have a meeting in five minutes."

Raising an eyebrow, Indomitus leaned in. "Meeting?"

"Yes, you're finally being transferred to an actual team so if I were you I'd get a move on, big guy."

Indomitus straightened up and wiped off most (but not all) of the dirt in his face. "I shall make my way there now, clerk of the Imperial Reclamation Service." He nodded towards her before continuing; "Where does this assembly take place?"

"Down the hall," replied the receptionist. "You can't miss it."

After offering his thanks, Indomitus marched towards the meeting room with decisive steps. The receptionist watched him move farther and farther away from her and once she was sure he couldn't hear her she shook her head and sighed. "That guy needs to learn how to use a indoor-voice," she said while glancing to her colleague whom was a Venus Flytrap currently busy with stamping expired visitor passes.

Upon reaching the meeting room Indomitus promptly and somewhat violently opened the door and stepped inside.

"GREETINGS, FELLOW ARTIFACT RECLAIMERS! I AM INDOMITUS, BLESSED BY THE EMPEROR AND WARRIOR ETERNAL!"

His eyes scanned the room but stopped at McNulty- whom was the only familiar face he recognized out of all the people assembled inside. With a smile, Indomitus pulled up a chair and dragged it across the room so that he could seat himself next to the detective. "Urban Cohort McNulty- blessed be your name- it is good to meet you once again! Tell, what mysteries do you think we will embark on?"

Harvest was about to close her laptop. And introduce herself when someone new came to the screen and started shouting up a storm.

she groaned.

and waited for the shouting to stop.
When it did, she closed her laptop and tucking it under her arm, walked over to Lucille.

“Hello the dryads called me Harvest and as I don’t have a human name, you can call me that too!” She pointed up toward my drone, “This is my drone, made it myself, it’s powered by dryad magic! And as you can see, for a dryad I’m rather unorthodox!”

The drone in question is just hovering by her shoulder - just staring.

Breadman Breadman
Mentions Viper Actual Viper Actual

"Ah, I see." Lucile looked at Feyvel "Your hunch is correct. It doesn't add up when you look at it. In fact the map most people know doesn't include a swath of island and landmasses that do exist as well as what can be found underwater, high in the mountains and even in some dense forests. I'll let director Dragan know to prepare something for you before he gets here. He started from where you did basically, so you two may get along swell." Her eyes shifted a bit to see McNulty was already there. Hopefully the ghost wasn't readying up a riot act due to her being late.

You're late, Lucile. By one whole minute.
In reality, he was. Lucile was more surprised that she was late by only one minute. It didn't take long for the door to swing wide open for Indomitus to barge in and soon after move in to give the detective a friendly chat. With the complete lack of an indoor voice. Lucile wasn't going to get in their way just yet.

"That's one of mine." Kwon spoke up. "I'll get to him." She walked with a brisk pace to the large man to introduce herself "Not to interrupt, but I feel like we should meet ASAP. I'm Kwong Soyn." She extended a hand to Indomitus "Director of Objects of Power. I've gone over your file beforehand and believe your talents would be invaluable for our department."

Hello the dryads called me Harvest and as I don’t have a human name, you can call me that too!” She pointed up toward my drone, “This is my drone, made it myself, it’s powered by dryad magic! And as you can see, for a dryad I’m rather unorthodox!
"Oh!" Lucile turned her attention to Harvest "I see. I did wonder if you were a forest spirit when I saw you, but I wasn't sure. You made that drone you say?" She tried to examine the drone from where she was standing, but it wasn't a good enough look, so she took a few steps closer. "This is...impressive." Priest said as she got a closer look. "Magitech is something I could never get my head around. Then again, I have trouble keeping up with regular human tech."

Last edited:
Meanwhile, in a more quiet corner of the meeting room is a very curious situation involving the water cooler and the world's most gelatinous boy. Skub!, his upper body foregoing any human shape at the moment, has completely surrounded the water jug and presses himself against it intently. The bubbles that occasionally float from inside has caught his attention far more than anything else has today, and not even the obnoxious screaming from some rather large man could break his focus. Skub!'s counted over one hundred bubbles so far, and he'll keep going until this water cooler can break the record of several hundred thousand.

The outrageously loud opening of a door followed by the heavy foot falls of an imaginary super soldier was Richard's signal to drop his cigarette and cover his ears. As Indomitus' mighty voice thundered through the room, Richard's hands were able to muffle it down to mortal levels. Once the man had said his piece, Richard extinguished his dropped cigarette with a quick stomp of his heel and replied, "Ho, Indomitus. I see you- our Emperor is keeping your vocal chords as healthy as ever." Richards looked the man up and down, and then shrugged. "Probably something with a dark secret that'll have some dangerous maniac or horrific monster involved." Richard drew out another cigarette and lit it, taking a drag before saying, "But hey, it pays a lot better then the NYPD."

The Ghost had its hands on his shoulders, and was craning its head to look at the directors. It always took a particular interest in the people who could see it. Richard felt a little nudge and turned to regard Kwon as she approached. Gesturing to Indomitus with his spare cigarette, Richard said to her, "He ready to graduate to your little club then?"

Viper Actual Viper Actual Breadman Breadman

At first Indomitus stared at McNulty with a rather blank expression as he was rather unsure whether the detective was making a joke or if he was serious. "Your words bear merit of your wisdom and cunning, Urban Cohort McNulty! Regardless of whatever evil we may face the Emperor shall bless our endeavours and our wits."

Suddenly a woman approached, greeting Indomitus. The legionnaire widened his eyes and rose from his seat to return the greeting;
"GREETINGS DIRECTOR! I AM INDOMITUS, FIRST OF MY NAME, BLESSED WITH THE STRENGTH OF THE EMPEROR AND CHAMPION OF LIGHT!"

He shook Kwong Soyn's hand repeatedly in a excited manner, almost lifting her from the ground at the same time. "I am honored to be here and I am eager to serve in His name. Tell me, with whom shall I pursue new artifacts to reclaim in the name of the Imperial people?"

It may seem like Mara was distracted reading her notebook while the supervisor introduced herself but she was paying close attention to both her as well as the others , some people here were...facinating , she was sitting on a chair , still wearing her long overcoat , she felt a bit fidgety since she retracted her horns since she didnt know what impression those would give but by the look of things she may have been overthinking it , thanks to the coat her tail and leathery right arm remained hidden after hearing some of the introductions she felt it was also her time to join in.

"The name is Mara...im here because while I know a certain deal of things , the world has shown me that there is much more i dont and I intend to change that both in the lab and in fieldwork"

While Mara's appearance was a bit rough around the edges , she spoke with a certain tone that could be tracked back to her past profession as a scientist.

He ready to graduate to your little club then?
"I just need to see him work with other people." Kwon gave a short answer before Indomitus spoke again, deafening everything else in the room "We're pursing leads currently. You'll be out in the field real soon, big guy. The...Emperor still has a lot of items scattered around the world for us to find."
---
Facility mailroom 9:30 AM

The clerk was digging through the newly arrived mail, trying to sort the mess that arrived this morning. Same as every other morning. A rats nest of paper and packaging from all over the world and in every conceivable language. Latest one that caught his attention came from Paris, France. He narrowed his eyes as he inspected the packaging material. Normal save for a few scratch marks and odd stains that reeked of some bodily fluid. Attached to it was a note pleading for it to be opened and examined urgently written hastily in French. The poor grammar was likely a product of the hurry it was written in. Opening the package revealed that the contents was a map and compass, each bearing old markings that he didn't recognize. He shrugged and prepared to send it off to the right department. Its gonna be one of those days.
---
Meeting room, currently

The name is Mara...I'm here because while I know a certain deal of things , the world has shown me that there is much more I don't and I intend to change that both in the lab and in fieldwork
"Oh, more science heavy team I see." Lucile commented as she turned to welcome Mara "Pleasure to have you on board, Mara." Looking at her, Priest couldn't help but think something was up. The long coat in a room like this didn't seem comfortable. But whatever Mara didn't want to show currently would be apparent soon enough. Her attention was drawn away for a second as she noticed the blob that looked like he was trying to eat the watercooler. She was silent for a good few seconds before saying anything. "Anyone know who that is?"

Last edited:
"Anyone know who that is?"
Much like a strand of tape painstakingly and tediously being pulled off of something does Skub! tear his head away from the water cooler upon noticing someone’s looking at him awkwardly.

“Hello, I am Skub!” he says...

... Or would’ve, had he been created with lungs and vocal cords also. The only noise he can make to vocalize any kind of introduction is some sort of rapid fire, high pitched squeaking. He does make an attempt at a greeting though and forms a blobby tentacle to wave at Lucile with.

Last edited:
Oliver Godwin

Much like Mara, Oliver was simply choosing this time to listen to the others. Who they were, why were they there, etc. However, the most important thing in the room right now was the director, and it seemed everyone had the same thought as well. As they gathered around the head people like sheep to a shepherd, the demon stayed put. He could wait his turn, he supposed. Besides, he could hardly think with the big man practically screaming every word he said. Despite his huge stature and boisterous attitude, Indomitus still somehow reminded Oliver of a child. His gaze lingered on the man before quickly snapping over to another who seemed to have plans with the watercooler instead. His features were either obscured or simply nonexistent, either of which Oliver didn't sit right with. He had seen a lot, but a blob man was not one of those things. It seemed at Lucile's question though that the scene had settled down a bit. The blob man's attention drifted back to reality, and he gave his introduction.

"Well, I suppose it's my turn. I'm Oliver Godwin. I have a particular interest with scroll and the like. I've read a lot but just can't seem to read enough, you understand?" He gave a small smile, inferring that was all that would be said about that.

Nodding his head to the leads he ended the small talk with, "It's a pleasure to meet you all." then retired to the nearest corner of the room, turning his attention back to Skub! the blob. What an odd fellow.

Mentions: Breadman Breadman Woffy Woffy Viper Actual Viper Actual ANIMAL MOTHER ANIMAL MOTHER

"Most excellent!" Replied Indomitus, nodding. "I shall know no peace until every single artifact has been reclaimed, because it is only then we can truly grow safely as a united Roman people."

He paused and studied the thing that sounded like air bubbles popping. Was it trying to speak? Captivated, Indomitus got up from his seat and marched across the room and took a knee in front of Skub! "You are a curious one, citizen."
Carefully, the legionnaire held up his right hand in level with Skub!'s "head" and slowly poked at the thing with a single finger- almost like a child poking at something new and exciting for the first time just to try and figure out what it really was.

"I believe he's trying to communicate with us." Ludwig said as he stood next to Lucile.

"I can see that." Lucile returned Skub!'s wave, really unsure what else to do. Luckily for her, Oliver spoke up. "Scholar work is always appreciated and I assure you our library has enough scrolls to last you for years."

The door creaked open and someone poked his head through. It was Dragan. His cheeky smile seemingly has never left his face. Lucile waved him in and with a fake burst of confidence he pushed the door open. As he entered the room, he was followed by two other people and something else. Behind Dragan was Vakala Nichols with a few scrolls of her own and right behind her was a tall figure with a pillar of smoke right next to his head. Lucile wondered how some would react to the fact that one of the directors was a demon with an armed angel guardian accompanying at all times. Probably as well as her when she saw him the first time.

"Right." She cleared her throat "To continue our introductions, the other directors. Dragan Petrov- Director of Sites. Feyvel, I believe you and him have something in common." Dragan raised an eyebrow at this and looked to the man Lucile had pointed out. Feyvel could probably tell he was already thinking of something. "Next is Vakala Nichols. She is the Director in charge of Tomes and scrolls." Vakala simply nodded her head at the introduction "And last but not least, our Director of Hidden histories, Irzrovut and his...guardian angel."

"Be not afraid!" The angel spoke in a calm yet demanding manner.

"You know, you're likely scaring the hell out of the mortals every time you say it like that." The demon exhaled a puff of smoke. The angel fixed it's eyes towards him in a threatening manner in response. "Fine fine." He rolled his eyes "You'd think some hint on how to behave around people would be welcome."

"Anyway..." Lucile tried to take the reigns of the conversation away from their abyssal colleague. "These fine folks are going to be your superiors going forward. I suggest you get to know each other while we're still here." She looked to Vakala "We still have time, right?"

"We do." The former librarian answered "We recieved something in the mail a little while ago and the boss is looking over it. Packaging was scratched to hell, but the contents were fine."

"So it could be nothing or something big."

"Still worth looking into." Dragan spoke up as he patted Lucile on the shoulder "Hope you like Paris." He then walked to where Feyvel was sitting and pulled a seat next to him "So my friend. Lucile implied you and I have something in common. I trust her judgement in these matters, but let me hear it from you. What's your drive?"

"You are a curious one, citizen."
If it wasn’t the bizarre, almost frightening appearance of an Angel that frightened Skub!, it certainly was the looming statue of a man encased entirely in armor poking him right in his fucking face without warning.

Bothered by the cold poke of steel, Skub! hastily retracts himself into his suit and crawls up on the floor; scared and disturbed, and emitting his only language of chattering and squeaking as a reply.

Staring at the now-reatreating Skub! Indomitus' expression went from 'curious' to 'utterly fascinated'. "What a fascinating citizen. Surely one such as this could easily locate artifacts far beyond the Emperor's great reach!"

When the angel spoke up behind Indomitus' back the giant legionnaire spun around and nearly drew his sidearm out of cheer surprise before standing down and visibly relaxing. Evidently the focus on Skub! had diverted his attention from the newly arrivals inside the room. "GREETINGS, CITIZENS. I AM INDOMITUS!" he announced loudly while straightening up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back