• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Exploration of a New World

DarkledMind

*lo-fi noises*
So I have had this idea in my head recently on doing a written role play similar to a table top style. I would be the "game master" and control the world around the characters. I do have a few extensive worlds to play around in such a fashion. I would also be willing to explain everything and post dice rolls as well. This would be an experiment for me so I am willing to be completely open.

If you need anything message me or reply here.

Have fun.

So I really like your writing style.

It's pretty epic and unique, being small.

Can you even read this?

Thanks Turtle God.

PortalToVoid, I would probably end up using Pathfinder for basics, but it would be highly customized as well and very loose on rules, since the focus would be more on the text role play.

Oh my gosh. This looks likes it is gonna be so fun. You guys are a ball. I'm on mobile right now so I will make an actual rp later. :D

If there's room, I'd enjoy playing along. I love dice-based things, and tabletop... How exactly would that work? (if that isn't a dumb question)

I would love to join too seems Bodaciously Awesome
images

Oh wow this is getting popular! Everyone is invited!

Now how it would work is a little weird. I would basically run the game and be the game master. All characters do have to have a comprehensive character sheet, but there would not be any limitations. A character would not be bound by a class, number of spells known/per day, or level. You can create a character sheet based off of DND or Pathfinder or your preferred tabletop role play, but it isn't required. You will also be able to chose any skills you want for your character. This is
based off of table top games with the emphasis on the text and characters.

I will be going over each character in detail to make sure no one is too overpowered, and if I find that your character is a little too powerful I will ask you to tone it down a bit. As it is based off a tabletop game, I will need to know as much about your character as possible; their back story, equipment, abilities, allies, foes, etc. If you are uncomfortable with posting all your character information out in the open, you can PM it to me and I will save it. I understand wanting to leave some mystery.
;)

I will be using dice rolls for fights, random events, and to see if you are successful in certain pursuits. You guys, as the characters, are not required to use dice rolls. If I think dice should be rolled, then I will roll them. But you will also be able to role play when I am not here, so I do recommend using dice occasionally.

This is emphasized on the characters and how they interact with the world. You can control small aspects of the world around you, especially if I am offline. If you are unsure of what is allowed, message me.

Really, this is highly experimental so I will be learning with you guys.

Now I am going to go create the forum! Come join!

So I posted the forum! I still have some stuff to add, but it is now fully functional!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back