• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Exploding into the Magical World

The Last Avatar
Roleplay Type(s)
So I have had this idea for a while, but working out the actual plot has always been a challenge. Mostly because of the sandbox nature I want it to evolve into. So instead of working on the beginning plot at this moment I will post some of the core plot points I would like to have as a backbone for the story and see if it generates any interest.

Plot Points:
  • There will be 8 reserved slots for a key group of characters. All other OC are welcome and diversity will be very important.
  • The 8 reserved slots are for 8 humans suddenly granted power over an element. The elements are fire, water, air, earth, lightning, light, darkness, energy (me).
  • The 8 people will be thrust into a world they had no idea existed, but was always hidden in the myths and legends. The world of magic, with all the wonder, danger, and crazy shit that entails.
  • How this happened? By Fate, or happenstance (definitely fate! ;P), all of the 8 are at a specific location and one of the 8 discovers an ancient tome. From that tome, they accidentally release a witch that had been imprisoned for 2 millennium. A safeguard was built into the spell though, and MAGIC itself was able to choose 8 people to protect the world.
  • These 8 people will need tutors, rivals, enemies, and above all, friends. Their job will ultimately be defeating the evil they released upon the world. But there will be countless obstacles and challenges. The witch won't be the only threat to the world, and possibly not even the worst.
  • And who said all of the 8 had to be good? It was chance they got their powers, right? Hmm ;)
So is there any interest? Questions? Ideas?

tentative interest! the plot and everything
is interesting!

I WANNA JOIN! to be one of the 8 core humans! Would also like to claim air. 😁

Last edited:
I have been looking into getting into group roleplays for a little while and would love to try this one out if there is room. You have my sword interest. =)

Once we have the majority of the 8 filled, character skellies will be built and general story plot ground out. I intend for the 8 to get their powers in the very first post, but that doesn't mean they will be able to use them, just wanna start the story out hard and fast <3

Awesome, looks like there is some interest so I will open up reserving the 8 slots.

1. Fire - OPEN
2. Air - Darkbloom Darkbloom
3. Water - OPEN
4. Earth - OPEN
5. Lightning - OPEN
6. Light - OPEN
7. Darkness - OPEN
8. Energy - Avatar_Erikson
May I reserve Earth?

Darkness for me, please. I am curious about trying out how to innovatively use an umbramancer / shadow dude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back