• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Exploding Into The Magical World (Characters)

The Last Avatar
Roleplay Type(s)
Alrighty, here is the character skeleton. Post your characters here. Approval will be a <3 on your post. Any feedback will also be provided here regarding any/all aspects of a character.

(picture should be aligned for the right side of the profile and no bigger than 550 px wide by 850 px long.)
Name: First and Last
Alias: Preferred name or something else
Race: All 8 reserved are human initially. Any one outside of the 8, choose your best avatar :)
Profession: What you do to make the mooolah
Personality: 1 paragraph required
History: 2 paragraphs required. No one will know other characters.
Magical Affinities: If you are one of the 8, this is the element you chose, (you can choose another non-elemental affinity to develop as the story progresses). All other characters, you can choose 2 affinities to be aligned with. Anything else will require rigorous work and possibility of failure.
Magical Weaknesses: What types of weaknesses can be employed against your magic?
Combat Style(s): How do you fight/defend in combat? 2 types of fighting and defensive will be allowed.
Dislikes: 5 of these
Affiliates: Who recognizes as accepts you
Alignment: Good/Neutral/Evil or whatever blended type of those 3
Theme Song: Post a link for your character's theme song yo!!

Name: Maxwell Monty
Alias: none
Race: human
Profession: retail store manager
Personality: Maxwell was bored one day and decided to take a personality test. This is what he came up with:
If this test was in the style of "what work vehicle are you" - you would get a bulldozer! This is because there is nothing that can stand in your way, and if you have a specific goal, you will knock down all the walls that stand between you and it. A person like you can decide at the age of 30, 40 or 50 that he wants to learn to play the piano or speak Chinese, and reach an advanced level in a few years. This is because you have rare perseverance and quite a few innate talents, but the most important of these is undoubtedly your determination. Where others give up, you continue forward at the peak of your strength, paving for yourself a path to success that cannot be failed in any way.
History: Maxwell Monty grew up in a home with two loving parents, his mom and his dad. He didn't have any siblings so he had to make up for that by having as many friends as he possibly could. Of course not everyone received this well, and those people ended up shunning him. He learned how to hold back during his middle school and high school years. When Maxwell was around there was never a dull moment. He was radiating with energy, only stopping to sleep at the end of every day. This energy allowed him to prove his worth to the retail store he applied to shortly after high school and he became the store manager within three months. During the summer months when he was in school he made his own business caring for the pets of families who were on vacation. During other seasons he would babysit for parents who wanted a break from their kids. Maxwell is an open book and can't keep a secret to save the civilization. If anyone asks him a question, he will surely answer it honestly. On very rare occasions he would have a not so good day and required a way to not think about anything, which for him was drawing. He'd go somewhere peaceful such as a riverside or a hilltop and draw whatever came to his mind, or if he couldn't think of anything he would draw the scenery that was before him.
Magical Affinities: air
Magical Weaknesses: binding techniques, gravity control
Combat Style(s): his air magic is his preferred method because it's extremely versatile. but if that fails, he has a solid wood staff for attack and defense.
Likes: 1. food 2. music 3. drawing 4. swimming 5. sleeping
Dislikes: 1. interrupted sleep/waking up early 2. broccoli 3. mean people 4. allergies 5. people owning slaves
Affiliates: Maxwell is really going to lean into this hero thing so he hopes he will be accepted by all friendlies regardless of race.
Alignment: Good
Theme Song:

Avatar_Erikson Avatar_Erikson - Right! Well, feel free to review.

source: original character by pixiv user: eunyoo
rpkimber.jpg"Oh. I wasn't failing to notice you standing right there for too long was I? I'm sorry! I just got so into my music just now! Anyway, what can I do for ya?"

Name:
Kimber Misoto
Alias: Rift
Pronouns: She, Her
Race: Human
Profession: Freelance Musician / Professional Thief

Personality:
An unassuming young woman with a firm will.
Kimber is an outgoing college student whose patient and understanding demeanor makes her easy to get along with. A lot of people have said in the past that she's essentially the girl next door made incarnate, which she finds a bit of an annoying title. As such, she's oft been open to trying new things just to try to try to stand out a little and change her pace. Her penchant for always exposing herself to new ideas and experiences has made her known for being able to think on her feet. In spite of her soft demeanor she's also quite emotionally resilient - maybe even a touch stubborn - in the pursuits of her various wishes and desires. When things don't go her way, the next day, she's already dusting herself off - eagerly awaiting a chance to try again.

History:
Kimber's family is composed of a vary reserved father, a rambunctious mother, and a scrappy little brother who was always seemingly trying to trace her footsteps. In her small town, Kimber was known for being really good with playing the acoustic guitar, eventually getting to the point of almost being her sole identity. Not wanting that, Kimber began her lifelong pursuit of 'trying something else' for the sole purpose of not being called 'the guitar girl' when she'd be brought up in conversations between her grown up classmates decades after they graduated. Her outgoing nature made her a common groupie with the teenagers going about town on the weekends. As she grew older, she tried to repair her growing divide in her relationship with her younger brother, who felt like he was living in her constant shadow. She want as far as trying to bond over teaching him how to play the guitar so he could impress his own classmates too... but she ultimately would never get that chance.

As it turned out, her father had certain skeletons in his closet that compelled her to change the course of her life in short notice. In order to allow for her own family to continue living normally, she was forced to fake her own death, and take up work as an thief for a particular international syndicate. Kimber wasn't formally trained for such a job, nor did she have a taste for such distasteful work. But, the very real threats that were put up against her family left her with an impossible choice. She's been away from home for several year now. Only the continued blissful safety of her family back home, and the hope that she'd be able to repay the debt someday soon, is the foundation that still holds her together.

But then, one day...

Magical Affinities:
Chosen of Lightning
- The chosen of lightning through the events that began the story. While she hasn't become a master overnight, she has massive potential in this element and she's eager to reach that potential as quickly as she can.

Magical Weaknesses:
Earth
- Earth tends to be a hard counter against lightning magic. Lightning attacks have their effectiveness severely reduced or outright canceled out the energy from those bolts are routed directly back into the ground as opposed to through an unfortunate target being.

Combat Styles:
  1. Thunderous Blitz (Style) - Kimber uses her agility and augments her lightning affinity to her moves to deliver fast and devastating strikes using throwing knives and martial arts. Even though surprisingly efficient, maybe even a genius - her instinct isn't enough to make up for not having years of training - translating to a lack of stamina. Indeed she is truly a glass cannon.

2. Lightning Warp (Maneuver) - Throws a summoned electric dagger that warps Kimber to the location that it lands. It's of course limited by her own ability to throw those throwing knives. (Not very far at this stage, in case you were wondering.) It has the strange quirk that, if the dagger lands in a spot that has an overhang, or something elevated over that spot, she will always warp to that higher point. Much like how lightning strikes from the sky.

"Where I came from it was normal to go out into the forest for adventures since there wasn't all that much to down in the small town. My little bro really loved going on hikes too!"

• Playing Music
    "Just because I'm known for playing a guitar doesn't mean that's all I've ever played! The other instruments are pretty fun too!"

• French Sponge Cakes
    "The ones that have bits of cheese shredded on the mare the best!"

• Kind People
    "I want to be around the kind of people who accept me for me - to the point I don't have to pretend to be anyone else but me when I'm around them."

• Interesting Things
    "It's fun to learn about random stuff and being it up in conversations down the line when it's relevant!"

Dislikes:
  • Being Called a Girl Next Door
    "Staaaahp! I'm totally NOT a girl next door! Please stop calling me that!"

• Cats
    "Htchoo~!!"

• Unkind People
    "If someone isn't treating you well, why would you even bother giving them anymore of your time?"

• Loneliness
    "...Did Mom, Dad, and everyone else already just accept that I'm just gone now?"

• Talking about the Past
    "There's a lot of things that are on hold back home. I really need to straighten it out someday. And also: it's not something you need to worry about, 'kay?"

Affiliates:
Shadownet
- An sort of international thieves' guild that specializes in stealing anything from anyone... for the right price. Rumor has it that the core foundation of this organization was to keep items that can begin the various scenarios of total world calamity from ever getting into mortal hands.

Alignment: Neutral
A good hearted person whom is forced to do things that they would otherwise deem immoral due to the circumstances of her story.

1679800585973.png
Name: Huxley Pryde
Alias: Akin Pryde
Pronouns: He/him
Race: Human
Profession: Chemist, college graduate

Personality: With a lazy expression on his face, it is hard to tell he has full intent to see things through to the very end unless it is actively observed. Obsessive about maintaining order in his personal and work items, and earning money to pay off school debts and . . . other debts, he keeps a structure that works well for him but not others, earning ire from those he works with. He can be aloof when it comes to emotions, but is quick to approach those who would benefit mutually with a partnership. When seeing someone in a difficult situation, he would at least initially try to help out, but if the other becomes too dependent he would attempt to drop them. He has seen a scrap or two, so he is not afraid of an even fight. Lack of nicotine makes him irritable, so he likes at least four cigarettes a day.

History: Born to a poorer but well-connected family, Huxley was taught from an early age that family comes first. Unfortunately, his family has met with some unfortunate circumstances, many of them turning belly-up or imprisoned when their criminal past caught up to them. His brother and sister both perished with an uncle from an arson attack, leaving him an only child, and his parents were arrested. He was left with a program that provided him a home and schooling enough for a proper living. Being an A student with a penchant for learning, he was quick to adapt, but being the son of those with criminal underdealings he was also quick to adopt.

At 17, he was found by the same organisation that his parents were under, and was indoctrinated into a crime family, taking a few loans when funds were getting tight. Some loans can only be repaid through service, so he had some understandings of the ways of shadow, cloak, and dagger. Still, he kept himself hidden well enough to fully go through college and become a chemist. Not even a year has passed when he felt alone and free, living in a flat and pulling a 9-5 until selected by fate itself.

Magical Affinities: Darkness
Magical Weaknesses: Fire and light, being natural opposites to darkness, can be powerful weaknesses to shadow techniques. Strengthening the shadows to darkness gives better offensive and defensive capabilities to these forces, though, like with others. As shadow and darkness are naturally immaterial, it takes considerable effort to make it material for armour, weapons, or utility reasons.

Combat Style(s):

1.) Tai Chi Ch'uan:
Huxley is defensive typically but sometimes uses his fists instead of palms. He is typically never armed, but is not afraid of using a makeshift weapon with the right heft if it gives him an advantage.
2.) Dimensional Shift: Sneaking through shadows is one thing, and pulling things through them is another. Using shadow marks, up to 400 pounds (140 kg) such as two humans can be taken through a space to 33 feet away (10 metres), including himself, but he can push that boundary at the risk of extreme bodily exertion. If the shadow lightens, depending on the condition, he can take harm while the materials are in transit. This can be used for attack, defense, and utility. Because this can be broken, I'll be careful with this, and the original poster can moderate this as seen fit.

Likes: Cigarettes or patches, sweets of any kind, proper organisation, creating strength from weakness / improvement, curry rice
Dislikes: large bugs, the supernatural, feeling weak, extremism, hot spices
Affiliates: Criminal underground, White Flame Dark Heart
Alignment: Neutral/Evil
Theme Song:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back