• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic experimental procedures: a diffrent kind of lab rp

Huntertabbysandshark3

The lord of randomness and the warp
ok so iv seen a lot of lab-style experiment rps so iv decided to make a twist on the whole thing anyway ill get things started

OK, so I've seen a lot of lab-style experiment rps; so I've decided to make a twist on the whole thing! I'll get things started.

In the far future, there is a deep-space lab station, known as HarClor labs, a station that's done everything forms telepathic clone mech pilots to super-advanced AI androids, aliens hybrids, genetic experiments and more. The leading scientists of the overall project a husband and wife team; Sandra Gorlso and Mar'zrok Gorlso.

It should be noted that Mar'zrok is a subspecies of an insectoid alien called a kil'peck - this is actually somewhat important no matter how unusual, disorder or dangerous the subjects are to them. Every last one of them are their kids, and are treated fairly. The other staff of the station might have had different views on the subject.

However, a few days ago, the station was attacked and many of the staff and experiments where kidnapped or killed, the main control computers AI stolen, and worst of all - both Sandra and Mar'zrok have gone missing; leaving only a few experiments and staff on the station. To try and piece things back together? Or perhaps go after their employers/parents?

so basically you can play as a subject or staff member but there are a few things you should know and remember

1. staff DO NO need to be humans or completely powerless you can totally play a alien with an interesting set of racial traits and abilities of course nothing too crazy

2. none of the subjects were mistreated or abused. if anything they navie and clueless about the outside world. as well as not holding too much against the staff, the subject tends seeing one another as either relatives or something similar (not necessarily though). they all do 100% see Sandra and Mar'zrok as their parents though.

3. subjects and be a wide verity of things I will moderate thing however once I see CS's

4. where not going to be staying on the station its kinda an adventure into the outside world for the subjects for the first time and the staff trying to keep everyone out of trouble/learn how to work with the subject.

5. staff don't necessarily have to have to like that the subjects are people though, but no being abusive or anything though

anyway, hope you all like the idea, please post your interest

Last edited:
Hello! Seeing how the monster town has basically bogged down, (partly to me), I take an interest in this RP.

Lab subject or Lab staff? Gee, I don't know which to pick.

Well my sandy friend...considering our last lab rp just died imma need me a new one.

Is both a researcher and a subject doable?

A few more questions...

How long has the resesrch been going on?

Is it possible to play an experiment who grew up and became a researcher.

tada

tada
I'll have something up when I get home from work tonight.

...Hunter. Dang it.

I just seen some stuff from "A certain Scientific Railgun" and other stuff from that Anime universe.

Add in a desire to mix cyberpunk weird cybernetics....

I'm in.

This sounds interesting!
My character can be a kid right? and, can I have more than one character?

This sounds interesting!
My character can be a kid right? and, can I have more than one character?
Yeah children or young teens would be grand

and yes you can have more then one

id prefer maybe a few more staff

but remember staff can be aliens too :D soo abilities for em

just experiments will have the more drastic ones

Oohhh, this sounds interesting! I'll look at the existing character sheets in a moment, but to play an android, would it have to be a humanoid android (or otherwise resemble a species) and/or would I have to play as an experiment? I'll play a robot any chance I can get.
...Nevermind, read the sheets. What an interesting crowd! XD It brings another question to mind, actually: could I play as a machine or alien that comes into the station through one of its damaged areas, or would I have to be someone who's already on the station and is familiar with it? By the way, I love the amount of creative allowed for character design~

Oohhh, this sounds interesting! I'll look at the existing character sheets in a moment, but to play an android, would it have to be a humanoid android (or otherwise resemble a species) and/or would I have to play as an experiment? I'll play a robot any chance I can get.
...Nevermind, read the sheets. What an interesting crowd! XD It brings another question to mind, actually: could I play as a machine or alien that comes into the station through one of its damaged areas, or would I have to be someone who's already on the station and is familiar with it? By the way, I love the amount of creative allowed for character design~
first of thanks for the compliment, second of all it would be better if ya were already on the station ya know? or in one case i could talk to you about another point where character can come in as for people that haven't delt with the "family" before if you wana... you could also check out the lore page.. its not done but there are some speices that exist if ya got any questions about any of the species that lack a lore segment yet then go ahead as ask

Hm, if you can talk to me about entering at another point (if it's not too far into the IC future) that'd be good. I can't see the IC for this, so I can't look at the posts and gauge who to enter with, who'd fit best, how to enter in, and when. So I'm kind of lost on what and how to play. :'D I looked at the lore pages and it did give me some more ideas (resonating most with the Kisslorn since I've written about a very similar species!), but without the IC for examples, I hesitate to write in anyone who starts out knowing anyone else, or what station life is like, etc., because it's difficult for me to write anyone with knowledge about things I don't have. If any of that made sense, hah hah.

Hm, if you can talk to me about entering at another point (if it's not too far into the IC future) that'd be good. I can't see the IC for this, so I can't look at the posts and gauge who to enter with, who'd fit best, how to enter in, and when. So I'm kind of lost on what and how to play. :'D I looked at the lore pages and it did give me some more ideas (resonating most with the Kisslorn since I've written about a very similar species!), but without the IC for examples, I hesitate to write in anyone who starts out knowing anyone else, or what station life is like, etc., because it's difficult for me to write anyone with knowledge about things I don't have. If any of that made sense, hah hah.
oh thats fine XD here is the IC Futuristic - experimental procedures: IC

but i will message ya with some idea details if ya have discord too that would be great, and glad you like the kisslorn.. felt like a non-human mecha expert speices would be cool

Oh! Lol there it is. Thanks! I do have a Discord; I can give you my ID in PMs or just update my profile with it (I keep debating if it's easier to have it in my profile, or if people don't look there anyway).
Yeah, there are a funny amount of similarities between Kisslorn and my Xinschi-uual. XD Reptilian, wasteland-type planet, built big mechs, stuck a lot of weapons on their mechs, are very proud of their mechs... the biggest difference I know at the moment is that Xinschi-uual mechs look nothing like Xinschi-uual, lol. Alien mechs are a great way to hit two design concepts with one stone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back