• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Experimental procedure: IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Huntertabbysandshark3

The lord of randomness and the warp
HarClor labs located somewhere in border space, it’s true location unknown but to all but a few people but its purpose, known by many the experiments within were less just testbed for unusual abilities and theory’s but... more of a family owing to the head researchers somewhat odd approach.

However today wasn’t like any ordinary rotation the station had a hole in its side boarding craft of an unknown design remained lodged in its hull, whatever had happened was fast, the invaders knew exactly what they were looking for, knocking out the labs defences with easy and incapacitating or trapping the subjects inside there quarters a majority of the staff had simply disappeared along with Sandra Gorlso and Mar'zrok Gorlso, the head researchers and the parents of the various experiments so to speak.

The aftermath of the attack had left the labs in shambles whatever attacked hadn’t left a trace of who they were or so it would seem, the labs AI core had also been stolen meaning much of the functionality of the facility downed along with them bordering craft lodged in places. Within one of the rooms, spread across the wall was a grey metallic goop or so it seemed slowLY but surely it began collecting itself together with an odd hum eventually assembling itself into a mechanical-looking female, this was M.A.R.I.A. The construction rubbed her forehead as if she had woken up after a really bad hangover... and to be honest it felt like it, she had no clue what had happened but she was worried accessing the labs comms she managed to get them to function “is ddjfiehdn alr-rogurj” the glitchy message blared out into ever room Maria hoped she had managed to get through to anyway.... at least all the doors were not locked but how to get them open? And what about her brothers and sisters would they be ok? Where they ok?

EldridSmith EldridSmith ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi Skryeb Skryeb thorspuddingcup thorspuddingcup

M A Y A
The attack had left Maya curled up in the corner of one of the stations break rooms. The small kitchenette sink was leaking, and one of the scientists wanted it fixed because they couldn't enjoy their coffee with the sound of dripping water in the background of their daily routine. Why not just use a different room? Maya had wondered, but hadn't asked. She simply nodded and headed towards the sink, toolbox in hand. While Maya's head had been stuck in the plumbing, the station had shook with a intensity unlike anything she had encountered before. Maya crawled out from under the sink and had taken refuge in the rooms corner, curling in on herself in case the stations shaking knocked items off of the wall and floors.

Maya had stayed like that even after the shaking had stopped. She didn't quite know what was happening. A malfunction in engineering? An experiment gone wrong? Turbulence? Did you even get turbulence in space?

The station stayed quiet, as if holding its breath.

“is ddjfiehdn alr-rogurj” blared over the station comm's. It was upon hearing this first sound of life after that Maya unraveled her tangled limbs and stood up shakily. The room was a mess, as to be expected after such an event. Items not bolted to the floors and walls were strewn everywhere, and it may have just been her, but the lighting seemed weaker too. She did not look forward to having to clean up all of this later.

Maya made her way over to the comm's panel on the wall and saw that the technology was currently spewing a shower of sparks. "Nuts." Maya said under her breath. She only knew so much about repairing things, and high end technology like these comm's were out of her league. That was why they had IT and engineering crew's, her job was just to clean up after everybody else. The door to the break room wasn't locked, and with a lot of elbow grease, Maya was able to pull the heavy metal back far enough for her to slip through. The corridor was equally as messy, and Maya couldnt see the signs of any other crew members around.

"Hello?" Maya called out. Her voice echoed across the metal walls. Spooky. "Hey, can anybody hear me? Hello?"

Anora had been in her room when the attack happened. Well her room was really just a tank, but she it made sense given her race. The tank was fitted with a small cave like structure she would sleep in, a soft sandy bottom, and some foliage from her home planet. She a number of water safe toys she could play with. She had been quietly snoozing quietly when a crash awoke her. Startled she hit her head on the roof of the cave. During the sounds of conflict Anora hid at the back of the cave.
As she hid in her tank one of glass panels was shattered, causing much of the water to pour out of tank and into the hallway. Scared, began to cry, the sounds muffled by what was left of the water. Eventually everything went quiet.
Slowly Anora moved out of her hiding spot. She swam towards the shattered side of the tank, looking around for anyone. A garbled sound came from the intercom, causing her to jump, cutting her hand on the glass; causing her to let out a yelp. Normally she would've left her tank from the top but due to the lacking of water her only option was the shattered hole in the glass.
Just as she was about to attempt to brave going over the glass she heard the voice of Maya.
"Here! Help!" She called back, hoping it would reach whom ever to come help her.

Will came to with a groan, blinking a couple times as he tried to focus on the ground under him. He was slumped against a wall, and judging by the pain in his neck, had been there for quite a while. Foggy, his brain tried to piece things together too fast, a headache blossoming behind his eyes when all he could come up with was blank memories. 'Temporary amnesia', some part of him that was unusually calm despite the situation supplied, 'Most likely caused by a head trauma'. He put one hand against the floor, using it as leverage to push himself off the wall and groaning as his body protested. His vision remained a little foggy, which he realized was because his glasses were cracked. As he stood, he looked around, assessing what was left of the examination room. Memories started to fill in for him. He had been here with one of the experiments, a small child, who had been in for a routine check up. Nothing out of the ordinary there, though he couldn't quite remember the child's face now. There had been a loud crash then...
Will frantically looked around the room as it dawned on him that the child he had been examining was no longer there. There were signs of a struggle. The table and chairs were thrown everywhere, medical equipment lying on the floor. Thankfully there was no blood, but still his concern grew for the child he'd been with. He was just finishing up looking on the other side of the room when a garbled voice came over the comm system which he could just make out as M.A.R.I.A. He felt some relief that there was thankfully someone else here, but then he heard other voices, one of them close and another slightly further away. His examination room was close to the living area, so he figured the childlike voice nearest to him was most likely coming from there. "Stay calm!" he loudly said, using a calming tone. He fixed his glasses on the bridge of his nose and let out a frustrated huff when it didn't fix the fact that one eye was almost completely useless with the cracks in the glass. As he made his way out of the room, he stopped at a metal box next to the door, unlatching the clips and swinging the door to the first aid kit open. Knowing most likely with the damage he could see to this place alone, there would without a doubt be some injuries, he started stuffing his pockets with just about everything from bandages to medi-gel. Once his pockets couldn't hold anymore, he made his way out of the room, heading towards the living area. "I need you to guide me with your voice so I can find you, okay?" he called, trying to get the girl to speak up again so he could find her.

T.A.R.I.C
interaction: EldridSmith EldridSmith
(hope this is good enough for ya lad?)​
in another one of the rooms within the cell block was a similar nanite sludge splattered across the wall but in truth, a huge hole cut into the side of the station having been sealed up by some sort of energy field to stop anything leaking out into the vacuum of space. The nanites pooled themselves together eventually forming into a young male, no older than maybe 11 befitting Taric's personality, rubbing his head for a moment Taric looked around the room, getting up and walking towards the door, with a huff of annoyance at the door not opening he just kinda squeezed through it being a nanite construct had its advantages in that way, overhearing his sister's garbled voice Taric grew more and more concerned if he knew one thing this was probably those "security breach" things that happened every once and a while and those were bad so that meant he should probably go talk to Jareth, since Jareth was the big guy that made sure everyone stayed safe he'd know exactly what to do and it didn't take Taric to long to find the knocked out half Targ, of course, Taric didn't think Jareth had been knocked out only that they man was sleeping causing the nanite construct to giggle and smile "hey Jareth you shouldn't be sleeping silly, but umm i think something bad might have happened so errr wake up please" Taric would say sweetly in his usual childish tone proceeding to poke Jareth mutliple times and well just keep going at that until hed get up.

1593402360656.png Jareth awoke with a start instinctively holding his blade to Tarics throat due to his last memory being that of combat. His blade stops a fraction of an inch from his throat as he recognizes Taric. He looks around at the aftermath and curses under his breath. "Taric give me a status update on the station." He says as he gets up and starts checking each room that held subjects, his anger and self loathing rising as he happens upon empty room after empty room. Soon he can't take it anymore and punches a hole through one of the walls and yelling in fury. He let them down and failed at his job. He soon calmed down and pressed on. Soon he found Anora in her tank, sighing in relief that at least one of then was left. "Anora I'm here. I'll help you out just stay still." He says as he walks in and breaks enough glass for him to pull her out safely.
Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi

Last edited:
After Anora called out for help she heard a man's voice in response. Well that meant at least people were still here. One lady and a man so far.
"Here! I'm here! In the tank!" She was practically screaming it as she called out to whom ever it was who responded to her initial call.
She continued to call out repeatedly in hopes to be rescued. It wasn't till she saw someone approaching, Jareth, that she stopped. Her voice obviously tired as she speaks again, "Jareth!"
As he smashed the glass more she jumped back to get out of the way. She looked both excited to see him but also very scared and worried. She jumped into his arms as he reached into get her out. She clung on to him as if her life depended on it. Once situated in his arms she sadly showed him her hand which had a shallow cut but was still bleeding a bit.

The garbled message over the intercom is what finally gets Milo moving. He's still holding his favorite potted plant from his homeworld as he crawls out from under his bed.
"Well that wasn't terrifying at all," he mumbles, picking his way across all the debris now scattering his room.
When the station had begun its shaking, Milo had been reading a very interesting book on the benefits of Razen frog slime. Then he heard an inhuman screech of metal against metal and shaking so hard that he was tossed from his bed. He'd nearly lost his favorite plant in the commotion but was able to catch the bright pink and green Papenean Blood Tree. It was still just a sapling, but would one day grow to be over sixty feet tall. He then flung himself and Matilda (his prized sapling) under the bolted down bed and braced for what was happening to the station.
Now he could hear others and grabbed his few important belongings that could be salvaged. He then squeezed himself skillfully through the half open door that was unfortunately stuck. He then made his way towards where he could hear voices.

M A Y A
Maya heard voices coming from other directions. She sighed in relief. Faintly she heard her name being called by what sounded like a small child. It was Anora. Sweet and adorable Anora. Maya knew the small alien faintly, and headed in that direction first. Perhaps she needed help. After all, Maya was pretty sure Anora was still a child. Although she could just be a particularly small being.

"I'm coming!" Maya called as she walked down the corridor. By the time Maya reached the hall in which she knew Anora was kept, she could see Jareth inside holding the small girl while she held out her hand to him. Maya was relieved she was okay, but decided not to disturb Jareth. Although he was station security, Jareth scared the shit out of Maya. It was probably his uniform, with its dark colors and sharp angles. Maya silently moved on from Anora's room, so Jareth could tend to whatever needs Anora needed. He was probably more qualified for that kind of thing anyways. All Maya had on her was some plumbers tape and bubble gum. That wasn't going to help anybody.

Unsure of what to do with herself now, Maya began wandering the corridors again. She didn't really know what her goal was. She supposed she would just keep walking until she stumbled upon somebody. Then maybe she could find out what was going on. Checking her personal computer was a no go, when she had tried earlier the system was down. Whatever shook the station had shaken it good.

It didnt take long for Maya to find more life. She came upon an intersection near the living area where she saw one of the station scientists, with his pockets bulding with what looked like medical supplies. Frankly, he looked ridiculous, as if he had just robbed a pharmacy. Just behind the man some distance she could one of the stations experiments making their way towards the commotion. Maya didn't know his name, but mentally had nicknamed him "Plant Boy" due to the plants he always had near him.

Maya didn't know what to say to the two in front of her. What does a person say after their work/home was just shaken like a snow globe? Instead, she just raised her hand and silently waved.

Gosh, she was pathetic.

Skryeb Skryeb -ferret- -ferret- EldridSmith EldridSmith

Last edited:
T.A.R.I.C
interaction: EldridSmith EldridSmith ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi
"Umm errr I'm not sure what happened I thought you might know..." Attic admitted following along with Jareth. "I think maybe everyone got hurt is it a surprise party then? Hmm no that would be dumb" Taric continued to speak. Leading to them eventually getting Anora and well freeing the small alien of course taric was mostly oblivious to what was happening but he'd give anora a hug as well the usual smile on his face "Hey don't worry everything will be fine"

1593902676481.png Jareth sighed at Taric's lack of information as he was used to being surrounded by trained guards and operatives who kept tabs on everything and kept him informed so he could run the security for the ship to maximum effect. He spotted Maya entering but leaving without saying anything to him causing him to be suspicious of her, she could be a mole for all he knew. He turned his attention back to Anora as she lept into his arms, he gently held her in one arm as he pinched her finger to keep the wound closed and stop the bleeding. "Taric go check the other rooms for survivors and those in hiding." He orders as he takes Anora towards the med bay where he found Maya, Will, and Milo, and more importantly medical supplies. He took a waterproof band aid from the pile and put it on Anora's finger before looking to the others. "Can anyone give me a status report?"
ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 -ferret- -ferret- Skryeb Skryeb thorspuddingcup thorspuddingcup

3ca23de749e3049c847a5cfaa51ad73a.jpgMilo slowly raised his hand, still gripping Matilda tightly with the other.
"Um...Well Matilda and I are okay, you've got Taric and Anora, Mr. Will and Grease Girl are here, but Mum and Dad are missing. And so is Maria. But that might've been her on the intercom," He flicked his plant like fins after he was done giving his best recount of who was present and who was missing. He wanted to be helpful, but it was looking like he hadn't helped much.

He hoped the others knew more about what happened and where everyone was, but it seemed like they were as confused as he was. And that scared him. He sat down on a bolted down chair, tightly clutching Matilda's pot and his bag of measly belongings, thinking too hard and too deep. His fins fluttered in his nervousness and he wished his mum was her to tell him everything was okay. Mrs. Gorslo had always done that for him.

Last edited:
As TARIC gave Anora she smiled a bit and hugged him back. Looking at his smiling face she smiled more. "Promise?" She asked, holding out her pinky to him.
As she was carried to the med bay she looked around the the mess of the ship. She wasnn't sure what to make of it. she pouted and rested her head on Jareth's shoulder till the reached their destination. As he put the band aid on her she stayed quiet, being patient through the process. She soon got distarcted by Milo's plant.
"Pretty!" she exclaimed, pointing at it. She then tried to wriggle out of Jaric's arms to go over to see the plant.

Will was glad when others started to show up on their own, the items in his pockets starting to spill over. The first to arrive were Maya and Milo, the first of which he waved back at awkwardly before checking them both over. Thankfully they both looked to be in alright condition if not just a bit shaken by the days events. As more people started to arrive, he took the time to hand out bandages where needed, which was actually just him holding out a handful of bandages for people to take. When Jareth took a bandage from the pile (waterproof, he noted, the ones specifically kept on the base for Anora) he decided to just lay out the most needed of the supplies for people to grab instead of just having a handful of them out and the rest in his pockets.
Separating the items into neat piles, he spoke as he worked on his small project. "I'm afraid I have nothing to report. I'm... I don't remember the events that transpired before then, but I woke up in one of the examination rooms which was a complete disaster. I haven't done much exploring around, I heard whom I now assume was Anora calling for help from the living area and decided that was where I would be needed," he spoke after Milo, giving his own answer to Jareth's question. "I did hear M.A.R.I.A on the intercom though, or I'm hoping that was her. Has anyone seen her?" he asked, looking around at the gathered faces.

M A Y A
Grease Girl, the words hurt, but to be fair Maya's job did often leave her with a grease smear or five on her person most of the time. Jareth soon arrived, with Anora and TARIC in his company. They had quite the party forming in the hall now.

"Wait, did you say mom and dad were missing?" Maya asked the boy with the plant while she watched Will hand out medical supplies. She really needed to get better at remembering names. "You mean the Gorlso's?" Maya mentally swore, not wanting to corrupt the sweet and innocent mind of little Anora. Hopefully they would turn up soon in the aftermath of...whatever this was. The Gorlso's leadership would be greatly appreciated right now. They had Jareth though, which was a good backup.

Maya agreed that the voice on the intercom most likley had been MARIA. She didnt know where the construct was though. The two rarely crossed paths. "I haven't been able to find a working comm's system since the shaking stopped. TARIC, do you know where MARIA is? She might have some answers."

-ferret- -ferret- Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Last edited:
T.A.R.I.C
interaction: ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi
“Yeah don’t worry I promise Anora I’m sure everything will be fine” Taric would reply cheerfully to the little alien girl trying to help lighten the mood though not intentionally as he was somewhat oblivious to exactly how damaged everything was.

M.A.R.I.A
interaction:
ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi -ferret- -ferret- Skryeb Skryeb thorspuddingcup thorspuddingcup EldridSmith EldridSmith
managing to access some of the systems of the damaged station quickly trying to do some sort of head count she came came to a horrible realisation two people where definitely miss, two people that were very important to everyone, at the moment she couldn’t think to hard on this she needed to see if everyone was ok pushing her way into the hall there were at least a few people here so that was good especially Taric, while Maria was worried about everyone Taric came at a bit of a higher priority. Standing tall the mechanical teen looked at everyone unable to mask her distress. “Hey guys.... I know everythings kinda fallen apart so I Umm. have some bad news.. mom and dad are definitely gone.... and it seems like something or someone attacked the station until we can find some clue we don’t really got any leads to follow... but still.. if we do find something we’re gonna go find them right guys?”

1593401978536.png "Milo that was rude, call her Maya properly." He sternly says while he thinks over the information, at leas a dozen others had been taken and his employer's disappeared. However his thoughts were interrupted by Anora wriggling around in his arms trying to see Milo and his plant. He set her down so she could venture over, and she wasn't going to get hurt with everyone around. Unfortunately Will didn't have any useful information either, but at least the person was helping organize the medical supplies that they would likely be needing. Maya swooned mentioned the downed coms system causing him to sigh. "I had gone to call for backup but they had already fried the system as soon as they entered. Only local speakers still work. We're going to need to repair the comms system to get help. Thankfully we have enough supplies and oxygen to last a few months out here. Maya you are the only repairman left, are you able to work on the comms?"
ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 -ferret- -ferret- Skryeb Skryeb thorspuddingcup thorspuddingcup

M A Y A
A wave of panic hit Maya in her stomach. It spread outwards until it covered her entire body. There was an attack? People were kidnapped? They were survivors? Maya did what she could to make sure her uneasy feeling's didn't show on her face. It wasn't that hard, she was used to repressing her emotion's until she was on her own. What had she gotten herself into? She had taken this job just to make some quick cash to pay of her student loans. She hadn't signed up to be part of an attack. Who the heck would have attacked them anyways? Nobody was supposed to know where this station was. Hell, she didn't even know the exact location of the station.

Jareth spoke to Maya, and it took her a moment to register what he had said. "Oh, um. I can try." she responded. "I can do the basics. Re-attach component's and soldering wire's back together and such. Anything super high tech was always left to engineering or some guys in IT. I just need to go grab my tool's. I left them in the break room." Maya turned around and went back the way she came. She squeezed through the break room door once more and picked up her bag of tools. The bag was too big to fit though the door, so she ended up taking some of them out until the bag was thin enough to go through. Maya then held the bag close to her chest, as if it would anchor down the rising panic in her system. She returned to the group and took a deep breath. "I've got my stuff. Hopefully we can fix it."

EldridSmith EldridSmith

maria would nod at Maya's response letting her go grab her tool "ok cool good if we can fix the comms that's good... but we still don't have any leads on where we can go...hmmm" Maria would stop, for a moment looking over at Jareth, "hey Jareth once the comm's are fixed you think we could mabye check some sort of security Camera I'm sure we have some right maybe we could see what happened right?" she'd ask with serious concern on her face, she really seemed like she was dedicated to seeing what had happened to the employers/parents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back