• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered Experience RPer, New language that I don't know

Lazyartist
Roleplay Type(s)
I have been roleplaying for a long time and consider myself well-versed in many of the terminology and words used from back in 2012. It's been a full 10 years with on-and-off breaks on forums and rping on other sites. I have encountered a lot of new terms that I don't know and things I can't find that I am usually able to see or understand.

What is a placeholder I see all over the codes?
What is a ticket?
Are there templates for a cool/interesting signature and how do I find them? (all I can find is character templates, ALOT fo character templates)
Is there any other terminology more specific to this forum that I just haven't encountered but should know?

a lot of very simple questions but I'm just trying to understand this community and its language (I came from feralfont so I know some, but it's also been a few years).

Hello there! Allow me to help you out here.

1. A placeholder usually means that a spot is reserved for characters or a place where the information goes into. If you ask the coder of the template to help you, I am sure that they will.
2. Tickets are something new to the site as it used to be called Staff Contact and that's exactly what it is. A private forum between you and staff.
3. You could probably look at the BBCode Center for templates on signatures but I know most people code for sheets and characters. Feel free to browse around though.
4. Don't think so but if you have any questions, you can always ask any Helper with teal names or any Staff member with purple and red names.

Hope this helps and if I need to clarify anything, please let me know ✨

Most points were already answered, so I'll just add on the last one

Is there any other terminology more specific to this forum that I just haven't encountered but should know?
Generally I think the terminology people use here is more or less universal across other roleplaying sites. However, if you took a long break or come from a different culture there may be some less familiar terms.

I recommend checking this thread How to Roleplay!
It's old and outdated in some things, but at the end it has a glossary of terms. Even if some are not used anymore, most terms listed there are still around.

For site-specific information, might also be worth checking the FAQ - RpN Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) And Comprehensive Guide to RpNation

If you have any more questions feel free to ask!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back