• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Suggestion Expanded Fonts?

Count Gensokyo

Super Smash Bros. Melee is a Fair & Balanced Game
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Dear RPN Staff,

As someone who loves using a new fancy font for each new character, I find that it's always great to have more variety!

On Google Fonts, I've repeatedly stumbled across Monospace fonts that are perfect, but since they're located in external foundries, I can't use them for a post.

What is the possibility of expanding RPN's current arsenal of fonts to that of all the fonts available on Google Fonts?

Sincerely,
A GM

There's a BBCode for that actually! Right here, it'll let you use all of the Google Font Library as far as I know

There's a BBCode for that actually! Right here, it'll let you use all of the Google Font Library as far as I know

I think my largest issue is the inability to use fonts in the Monospace category, which are technically located in "external foundries" more often than not.

Let's say I want to use this font: Lobster

I'll type:
Text goes here

Works pretty well, right?

Then, I'll try to type in a new font I just found: DragonFyre

Text goes here

Instead, my text defaults to the font that is chosen if an invalid font is used.

That does look pretty awesome, but there's a reason for this. Google Font does not actually have those external fonts for download, for often then not, they cost money!

So since it has a price tag, google won't serve it over the API, that is an issue. The best thing we can do is support another large font site if it has an API like Google Fonts, to do so.

Note: here is how much DragonFyre costs.

firefox_2019-07-23_08-30-37.png

That does look pretty awesome, but there's a reason for this. Google Font does not actually have those external fonts for download, for often then not, they cost money!

So since it has a price tag, google won't serve it over the API, that is an issue. The best thing we can do is support another large font site if it has an API like Google Fonts, to do so.

Note: here is how much DragonFyre costs.

firefox_2019-07-23_08-30-37.png
oof

Users who are viewing this thread

Back