• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Existing Shadowrun 4e game LF Players [Forum] [Dice]

hellrazoromega

Department of Redundancy Department.
An existing Shadowrun game has lost some players, looking to fill the ranks. Any interested parties? If anyone is interested I can direct you to the forum for more details.

I am, I'd need to get the rulebook, but I've always been interested in playing Shadowrun :smiled:

Depending on how crunchy the system is I might need some pointers. I'll try to download 4E from Drivethrough tomorrow and get working on it as soon as I can.

I'm interested but I'd be int he same boat as JayTee. I've never played shadowrun before. I do have, however, plenty of friends that'd love to explain the system to me if I asked. So if you've any more room left in there I'd be happy to give it a go.

Feel free to do the same as Jay. It's not a super hard system to learn, so feel free to harass both of us and we can get ya up and going

Here's a question for you: what does the group need? I saw a combat monster but I'm not familiar enough with the system to know what the group is lacking as a whole. It's something to consider while making my char. AssumingIgetintothegame.

Edit: Or my friends can help me devise a ninja thief elf for the game. Hope that works for everyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
If there is still room I'd like to join up :)

I'm going to read theforum and see what might be needed.

You are both welcome just follow the like above to the forum and start working up a concept. if you have any questions we'd be more than happy to help just throw them in the OCC section over there.

The group is pretty well covered Currently We have a mage with another mage being made now, we have a street samurai and a rigger. There is an NPC decker. so we have no PC decker, no adepts, no technomancer--really it's pretty open, make whatever you want.

My friends are offering to help me making a hacker to assist the party. I think that's what I'll go with for the time being. I'll get to putting up a sheet and working on it tomorrow.

Turns out that being a hacker is a lot of prep work. Jebus.

Edit: A question. Do martial styles combine benefits with one another or is it pick and choose which to apply?

Edit 2: I'm going to have to ask if not being a full on super tricked out hacker is fine. Because I'm not entirely sure I'm going to cover everything I need for full on group support and at the rate I'm going, might be a secondary hacker with some ability backup. Unless all I'll need for this campaign as a hacker is a few dozen commlinks, some solid program tools and a drone or two.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't be too worried about it. I free flow rung decking and do it with a more cinematic and storytelling style with a few rolls here and there rather than a ton of rules.

In some case MA styles will stack but for the most part for attacks and defense you have to declare each action which style you are using and take the benefits of that style.

A question. Do we recover Edge after every thread finishes or is there a set limit to edge recovery?

I am currently doing edge refreshes every other scene/thread. However if it is an overly long scene I will declare a refresh.

Is the group still looking for more PCs? I haven't played Shadowrun in a while but have a fondness for it. Think 2e might have been the last one I played.

I'm hoping to have my character done within the next few days. Hopefully. Been busy dealing with a strained back and some work on the side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back