• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here

X-Fic

Fandom Flipping Flapdoodle
PROLOGUE

novi grad.png

“Kneel at the altar of your conviction, boy.” Ultron taunted as he hovered high above the wounded teenage half-Saiyan. “You’ve lost.”

“I haven’t… lost yet…” Gohan winced as he clutched his wounded arm. His allies were scattered among the ruins of Novi Grad, the capital of Sokovia which the megalomaniacal Ultron had intended to utilize in his plan to perform a grand extinction event in this timeline.

Gohan and his group were sent to stop it.

The Exiles were sent to stop it.

“Kaaaa meeeee….” The boy held out his palm towards the robotic tyrant but found himself swarmed by numerous Ultron-like Sentries. In his weakened state, he couldn’t muster the strength to throw them off of him in time. Dozens upon dozens piled upon Gohan as a futile scream echoed out from beneath the metallic minions.

“Pathetic.” Ultron mocked, turning in time to catch the lance of the Ganmen trying to spear him. Even with one hand, his strength was remarkable.

“NNNGH! YOU WANNA MESS WITH THE ELDEST OF THE BLACK SIBLINGS?!” Kittan howled, straining with the controls as he tried to force his weapon forward with no luck.

“No.” Ultron yanked the lance from the King Kittan Ganmen. “But allow me to mess with your… suit.”

The computers inside Kittan’s mecha began to blare and flash red, the silhouette of his face being replaced by that of Ultron. The controls wouldn’t respond to him at all, leaving him helpless inside his own weapon.

“H-hey!” Kittan kicked at the hatch, unable to unlock it.

“Tell me: do you find it as ironic as I do that your machine is now a part of me? I suppose you can’t truly appreciate the irony without a demonstration…”

The mech moved fluidly, Kittan struggling with the controls as he fought to overcome the hostile takeover of his Ganmen. Ultron moved hovered above the dominated machine, the King Kittan picking up the lance from earlier and moving towards one of the many wounded Exiles…

Gowron, son of M’Rel, struggled to get to his feet. Blood dribbled from his chin as he used his bat’leth as a crutch, his eyes narrowing on the advancing giant robot.

A smirk crossed his face, spitting blood onto the ground.

“I will never… forgive Ultron… for his actions this day…” Gowron raised his blade, but he was far too slow to defend against the lance that impaled him through the middle, the force enough to bury him within layers of rubble.

“GOWRON!” Kittan roared, thrashing within his prison. Try as he might, he could not escape. The red lights continued to flash and things inside the cockpit were suddenly cold. VERY cold.

With a shattering of the metal, Kittan shielded his eyes with his forearm. Reaching into the gaping hole in his Ganmen, a gloved hand gripped the pilot and pulled him free onto the icy surface of the mech’s outer shell.

“Freeze!” Kittan beamed, spying the moderately wounded Gotham resident. He clutched him in a firm, thankful hug before Victor pushed him away.

“There’s no time for that. It won’t hold him for long.” Mr Freeze indicated the block of ice that had encased Ultron, but it was quickly shattering from the inside out. In the time that Kittan had been trying to get free, Freeze had taken the opportunity to attack their distracted foe.

“C’mon! There has to be something we can do…”

“Get up kid… you gotta get up…” Hellgirl said as she tried to pull Ahsoka from the rubble, the young Togruta Jedi already crushed beneath several heavy pieces of stone. She was unmoving; still; dead.

The agent of the BPRD clutched her rosary and checked her pistol.

“One shot. Damn.” She hissed through her teeth, watching as Ultron broke free from an icy prison. She shielded her eyes with her stone hand, her gaze falling upon one of Ahsoka’s lightsabers.

“I’ll avenge you.” She said as she palmed the metal cylinder. “You, and Gowron, and all those innocent people who got caught in this terrible game…”

“Are you sure this is gonna work?”

“Trust me. I’ve got enough energy left in my freeze-gun to make a ramp of ice to get you up to him. After that though…”

“I got it. You uh, gonna be okay?”

Freeze shook his head.

“Just do what needs to be done. The Timebroker told us that if we succeed, our Realities would be fine. If we win here… who knows what could be undone.” Victor thought back to his wife and gave a solemn nod.

“Now hurry. Hellgirl is likely going to distract him--”

The gunshot rang out as Ultron emerged from his icy cocoon, the bullet colliding with his vibranium plating.

“Ah… fitting that a Devil opposes a God…” Ultron began to hover downward towards her, leaving the two with their opportunity.

Mr Freeze aimed his pistol at the ground, blasting a wave of subzero cold energy in a cascading path towards Ultron. Kittan, taking his cue, began to sprint up the slick surface. His run was clumsy, staggering and slipping as he ascended; the palms of his hands sticking to the frigid ice and tearing off small layers of skin as he continued to run higher… and higher…

Hellgirl leaped at the sentient robot, hitting him squarely with her rocky fist. Blow for blow she dealt and endured, spinning Ultron around in the air. In her peripheral, she could see Kittan getting closer on the icy ramp as her hand slid into her coat pocket to retrieve a silver cylinder…

… and tossed it to her ally! Kittan was airborne, arms stretched out as Hellgirl pitched the lightsaber to him. In those brief seconds, Ultron couldn’t react quickly enough and in the faintest of instants, he faltered.

Kittan caught the saber mid-air, igniting the emerald blade, and used the force of his own fall to impale Ultron through his core; slicing his vibranium frame asunder.

“Y-you… how…?” Ultron’s eyes flickered as Hellgril gripped his split halves in her fingers.

“Sayonara, Pal…” Her strength rent him in two, the momentum of her fall sending her crashing through the roof of an abandoned car. Kittan followed, landing atop of her as Freeze staggered closer.

“Are you two okay?” Freeze assisted them, the entire hovering city shuddering and lurching violently. “What’s happening?”

“The city… it’s falling!” Gohan emerged, bloody and beaten, his hair no longer glowing yellow. He limped towards his comrades as one after another, the Ultron Sentries collapsed to the ground.

“We beat Ultron, so that means we won right?” Hellgirl said. “Right? Now poof us outta here, Timebroker!” She yelled to the sky.

No answer.

The velocity of the falling city sent the four remaining Exiles to the ground, none having the energy to fight against it. Gohan looked to the Tallus on his arm, hitting it with his fist.

“It’s not responding!” He shouted, the city tilting as it careened towards the Earth. “Why isn’t it working!”

In those brief moments, the Tallus began to glow and fade...

… disappearing from the teenage half-Saiyan’s forearm entirely.

The Exiles huddled together, comforting one another in a final hug as they silently accepted that their death was assured…

image.jpg

- - - - -​

“Your turn.”

“So they failed?”

“No. Quite the opposite; they succeeded.”

“You call losing six people a success?”

“Six people may have lost their lives, but in the end, several chains were mended.”

“Ridiculous.”

“I’m tagging out. This one is all yours.”

“Wait, so I gotta take over?”

“At least for the first couple.”

“First couple? Like two? Three?”

“Dozen. Maybe four.”

“Bull...”

“Yep. Good luck.”

“Yeah yeah…”

The stage was reset. Six swirling, pinkish-purple portals opened up above a pristine field; all surrounded by fully blossomed cherry trees. The petals swirled magically upon a non-existent breeze as if they were meant to do so, touching the ground to form a beautiful carpet of pink.

And a cushion for those who would fall from the portals overhead...

CHERRY BLOSSOM.gif

Last edited:
FANG
Primal_SDCC_20.jpg

A shrill squeal pierced the ambiance of the jungle. Fang was on the hunt, the green striped tyrannosaur launched herself after a boar which ran from side to side trying to shake the predator. Fang pumped her legs hard to keep up, her jaw was held slightly open as she slavered over the idea of the meal.

The boar suddenly skidded and shot off to the right. Fang dug her claws into the ground and copied its drift, the side of her body slamming into a tree as she did so. Fang gave a roar of irritation as the pig gained ground.

There was a shout from the brush as Spear leapt from hiding, the human pulled back his throwing arm and flung his namesake weapon towards the boar. The boar’s change of direction ultimately saved it from the caveman’s weapon. Instead of piercing the boar’s organs the spear simply clipped its back.

The pig was slowed but not dead. Fang took her own chance, pouncing towards the pig with her jaws agape Fang slammed her jaws shut where the pig had been mere moments before. The prey doubled back and sped under her legs; Fang turned quickly to try another snap but just barely missed the boar’s hindquarters.

Fang was about to speed after it but was stopped by a grunt from Spear. The dinosaur turned towards her companion and cocked her head. The caveman had his weapon back in hand and was running towards her. Spear leapt into the air and landed on Fang’s back. Fang roared and picked back up the pursuit of the boar. The boar now left a blood trail after the spear clipped its back so it was significantly easier to track now.

Fang followed the scent and broke the tree line. The boar gave another squeal as it saw the hunters had not given up their chase. The boar ran to its left and Fang gave chase, the boar had run into a canyon. The area where they’d found it was flanked by a pair of canyons that turned out to form a circular loop.

Fang skidded to another stop, Spear jumped from her back and pointed the way they’d come. Fang nodded in agreement as the caveman turned and ran down the part of the canyon, they’d come to cut off the boar as it ran. Fang roared and took up the chase once more to make sure the Boar ran to him.

Fang sped through the dusty canyon and caught sight of the boar again. Fang dug her foot into the ground.

And suddenly it was gone.

Fang was falling, the dinosaur gave a slight whimper of panic before she plopped unceremoniously onto a soft surface. She looked up and blew a bit of air out of her nose. Fang lifted herself to her feet and shook her head from side to side in recovery from the short fall.

Fang took a look at her surroundings, the first thing she noticed was that she was no longer in the canyon. There were pink petals flying through the air around her, she’d ruffled them up upon her landing. Fang lifted her head and gave a loud throaty roar. She stopped to listen expecting a response from Spear. There was none, she ran to another part of the field and gave another roar. No response again.

Fang was getting anxious now, she turned and ran to another side of the clearing to give another roar which again garnered no response. Where had her friend gone? Where had she gone?

Fang had never been to a place like this before. She lifted her head to sniff the air. No scent of the prey or her caveman companion. To make things worse Fang’s stomach growled, she gave a grumpy huff. Fang needed to eat. Her meal the previous night seemed very distant now as she tried to gain a scent of some sort of prey. Once she caught something she’d try to regroup with her friend but she wouldn’t be able to find anyone if she was hungry.

Boki

"Very good, Boki!" Savant praised his niece, as he watched over her progress in the simulation from his home base far away "You still continue to impress me with how much you improve every day."

"Thanks, uncle." Boki replied to the disembodied voice, smiling at her unseen observer "Now, what's up next? It's fun smashing up all these robots!"

"That's all I had prepared for you today, unfortunately." Savant told her, looking through the program he'd built so far "You could go back and do some of the other levels again. I know you still have some amount of trouble with the Supreme Thremnats."

"That tires me out though! I can barely move after that level..." Boki complained, preparing to voice herself more before she was interrupted by the ground shaking with the force of a portal opening up in front of her "...Woah! Hey, this thing looks familiar! Isn't this one of those dimension rift things we saw in the prison level?" She asked, grinning as she looked at it for a moment "Heck yeah! Let's go!"

"Wait! Boki, stop! That's not part of the level!" Savant called after her "...Boki?"

The next thing she knew, Boki had fallen on a bed of flower petals in a new location she'd never seen before. Effortlessly landing on her crystal-clad feet, which crushed the unfortunate and delicate flowers below, she looked around at this foreign area in surprise and wonder "Woah! What's this place?" She asked, expecting to hear an answer from Savant. When she didn't get one, she faltered a little, and called out nervously a second time "...Uncle? Are you there? This isn't another one of those radio-jammed levels, is it?"

Still no response.

"...Oh."

Weapons
Boki Beam x∞

Revan

The Jedi Temple on Coroscant was bustling. It had been two years since Revan had found the Star Forge, and defeated Darth Malak. Since that time, the former Sith Lord had become a war hero once again, being granted the rank of Knight, despite his controversial views on the Force and the Order itself. He wished he didn't have to stay in the Temple, but the Council didn't want him doing his own thing without them knowing. Revan never liked the fame, even when he was a Sith Lord. He was concise, and to the point. So, he tried to blend in among his fellow Jedi, his brown hood pulled over his head, obscuring his eyes in shadow. He was on his way to the scheduled meeting with the Council, to let them know how he was doing, anything that was bothering them, etc. It was exhausting, but it was necessary if he was to stay with Bastilla. She'd recently given birth herself, and the Prodigal Knight just wanted to get back to them as soon as he could.

Revan pushed the doors of the Council room open, finding it... completely empty. "Strange..." he thought, rubbing his light beard curiously. He felt something was...off. He paced back and forth around the room, suddenly feeling the ground give way as he felt himself plummet. He tried to regain his balance in the air, turning to the ground just he smacked into it with a thud. Revan felt the wind get knocked from his lungs, and he had to wait a minute or top to recover from the drop. When he looked around, he was shocked to see that he wasn't in the Temple anymore. He didn't recognize where he was, exactly. He also noticed that his face felt...confined. After running his hands over it, he realized he was wearing a familiar mask. Upon removing it, he also realized that he was wearing his old robes, the ones he wore during his time as Dark Lord of the Sith. His mask dropped to the ground, Revan saying to himself, "What the hell...? Where am I?"

After a quick look around, Revan took inventory of what he had, and where he was. There were pink petals calling around him. He had both of his lightsabers, despite only carrying his primary one around when he fell through, a few thermal detonators, and the small holoimage of Bastilla and his son. He stared at their blue, transparent forms, running his hands through the hologram longingly. That's when he felt a...presence. Two of them. The Jedi quickly drew his saber, the purple blade making the iconic sting of sound as it ignited. He didn't see what he had expected. He saw what looked like a Cathar, or some other feline species, and a... Krayt dragon? No, it was two small, and bipedal to boot. They weren't Force Sensitive. In fact, he felt no Force from them at all, as if they didn't even have Midichlorians. That would be...troublesome. He couldn't get a read on them. Revan stood his ground, saying in his deep, commanding voice, "Stay back, all of you. Where am I, and who are you? Test me, and I'll cut you down." He was dead serious, his dark eyes narrowing at his new...aquaintances? Comrades? He wasn't sure yet. But he'd been betrayed enough times to not take chances anymore.

JOKER & MONA
---------------------------------------------------
Mementos. Another reality formed by the public's distorted desires, views, ideas. A place where distorted creatures known as shadows lurked. A dangerous place to be. Yet, it was the place that the Phantom Thieves of Hearts frequented. It was up to them, a rag-tag team of high schoolers, to change the corrupted hearts of petty criminals. On this particular day, something seemed off. Akira Kurusu, leader of the Phantom Theives, had noticed a surprisingly larger amount of shadows than usual. Though it was nothing his team couldn't handle, he still found it rather odd.

"And that's the last one!" Yelled a blonde and vulgar boy wearing a silver skull mask. The team had just wrapped up their last request of the day.

"Good," said a rather attractive girl wearing a red demon mask with a sigh, "Then let's get out of here, I'm exhausted..."

Another girl, with her hair done up in braids wearing a knight visor, stepped forward. "We've spent too much time here today. Exams are next week and some of us really need to study, Skull!"

"Y-yes ma'am!"

The group turned to leave mementos and call it a day. As they were leaving, Akira and Morgana, a small cat-like humanoid, turned to see one of their friends lingering behind. Morgana spoke up, "Is something the matter, Fox?"

A young man in a kitsune mask, looked back up to them as he proceeded to catch up. "It's nothing... though mementos seemed rather odd today, don't you think?"

Akira looked over his shoulder as he responded to the artist. "I noticed it to."

"Indeed, I'm puzzled as to what this could mean."

"It's possible that a large majority of the public's cognition was altered by a bad day today." Morgana reasoned, "I wouldn't dwell on it too much."

"Hm, you're probably right, it's nothing."

As the team left Mementos, they said goodbye to one another for the day and headed home. As Akira, now back in this school uniform, stepped off the subway he took to get back to Leblanc, Morgana (now in the form of a regular cat) poked his head out of Akira's bag and spoke to him. "Yusuke was right, something was off about Mementos today."

"I agree." Akira responded as they exited the subway platform, the brisk evening air washing over their faces.

"What could it mean?"

"You don't know?"

"W-well, I have some theories for sure, but there's no way in telling what exactly is hap-"

As the two rounded the corner to the back alley that lead to Leblanc, a mysterious purple portal blocked their path. The two looked in awe at the sight in front of them.

"A portal?"

"W-what is that!?" Morgana said in awe, even he couldn't provide explanation to what they were seeing.

"Could it be related to Mement-" Before Akira could finish that thought the purple portal expanded, and started pulling Akira and Morgana towards it. The two of them tried to resist, but to no avail. They looked around for a way to stop themselves, but they discovered that they were the only ones being affected by the portal. No other objects seemed to be pulled towards it, just the two of them.

Panicked, Morgana yelled "What the hell is this!? What's going on!?"

Akira did not respond. Before they knew it, they entered the purple portal. Then came the sensation of falling, a rather odd continuation of being pulled. With a soft thud into a bed of pink petals, the two of them landed in unknown territory.

"Is this... a palace?"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back