• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Exiles - (A Massive Crossover) : Recruitment Thread

X-Fic

Fandom Flipping Flapdoodle
Have a blurb, all! This game is inspired by (but not based on) Marvel's Exiles

--- The Story...

Time has become unhinged.

All realities and all dimensions are loosely connected, making up a “chain of reality”. If something should go wrong in one reality, it will eventually create a domino effect and have some sort of impact on the next reality, and so on. Until recently, time had been moving along quite smoothly. But there have been recent events within these realities that have the potential to wreak havoc on all of time.

There is a group of heroes that will be plucked from their own realities to right the wrongs and “fix the kinks” in this chain of reality. And you are one of them. Join the fight to save the entire universe from collapsing.

--- You, The Heroes...

You will be part of a team of heroes (and villains) who travel to these different realities and dimensions righting the wrongs in the chain of reality. When you complete a mission, you then move on to the next reality to find a new mission. Failing to succeed would cause a domino effect and eventually life as we know it would cease to exist.

You can play as any, and I do mean ANY, character from ANY franchise! Further down the line, we may see original characters. But for the time being, you will play as a character from whatever franchise/universe you?d prefer. You have many movies, cartoons, comics, TV shows, video games (etc.) to choose from. So choose wisely. Limit 2 characters per person...for now. If you feel you need more than that please PM me for approval. (For example, if you were playing Moe, Larry and Curly...where you can’t have one without the others...I may allow it.)

--- Character Sheet...

- - - - - - - - - -
Name:
Alias (if any):
Franchise from which you originate:
Weapon(s) of choice:
Description of Appearance: (or post an image)
Short Bio/History:

- - - - - - - - - -

--- Notes From Your GM...

1) The team will be considered “heroes” since they have to save the universe from falling apart. But if you want to play a villainous character (like Darth Vader) on the team, be my guest. It will add some personal conflict and character development to the story.

2) This is a massive crossover, with many characters to choose from, so have fun with it.

3) Throughout the story, the team will be jumping to other franchises (like the Matrix, LotR, X-Men, Tomb Raider, etc...) so you will be interacting with other characters from those universes. I don’t think a crossover RPG can get any more “crossover” than this. ;)

4) Feel free to PM me with any questions and/or comments.

5) Follow all the usual rules and TOS on the Forums. Please refer to those threads if you need to be reminded.

6) Let's have fun!!

- - - - - - - - - -

I'll be looking for around 6 players to start, but may open to more later. If you send your sheets to me via PM I can screen them and we can get them accepted. No OCs of course, so just be mindful.

I look forward to hearing from you all!

Well this looks like it could be fun. I’ll have to mull over character ideas for a little bit though.

Well this looks like it could be fun. I’ll have to mull over character ideas for a little bit though.

Excellent! Take your time. I think it might take awhile to get the required number of players.

Crap, it posted twice. That's really strange. Mods forgive me! Any way we can merge the two?

I am interested! I have just one question, can we pick any character from any show/book, etc... Even if they are not a hero like the flash, batman, etc... But more like a PI or a cop or an 'antihero'?

I am interested! I have just one question, can we pick any character from any show/book, etc... Even if they are not a hero like the flash, batman, etc... But more like a PI or a cop or an 'antihero'?

Yeah absolutely! Who did you have in mind?

Will there be a focus on alternate versions of pre-existing settings like Exiles did for most of its run?

Yes it will! A majority of the game will be fixing little errors while some will involve visiting unique versions of pre-existing universes.

I'm probably going to be busy with the multifandom RP I help run for the foreseeable future, but I'll certainly lurk the RP once it starts.

Take your time everyone! So far 3/6 slots have been taken.

Now of course that's not to say I may not accept a few more, depending on circumstance.

If you know anyone who might be interested, do me a flava and tag them here, could you? Please and thank you!

I’m down until this gets too big for me to keep up with

If this helps, it wouldn't get larger than 12 players max. I've been running games a LONG time and the most I've ever run for at an actual table was 24 people at once. In forums, I find it harder to give players the one-on-one development they need if there's more than 14 people within it. Especially when many of us work, go to school, etc....

I'm just keeping it at 6 for now and will possibly add up to another 6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back