• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Excelsium Archives | Administration Center

Novelight

Burning Light
Lead Admin | SkadiZero 스카디제로
I just make shit happen.
Contacts
Discord / SkadiZero#8119
Support GM | Khocolatte
She makes shit happen too.
Contacts
Discord / NinetaiIsIX#6777
Support GM | Panther
Cornholio reincarnation.
Contacts
Discord / Panther#3569

Last edited:
Valorous Order
@ValorousOrderEN · Oct 1, 2021
For those of you who have not introduced your character in the roleplay, please do so whenever you get the chance. While we do not have a deadline, the admins will cut players who do not post once a week without prior notice, to maximize participant attention.

We have several players in the registration looking to have their applications accepted, so know that we won't give chances to those who remain silent for more than 1 week. We trust that you understand our decisions.

If you are having trouble with the content of your post, please notify the issue in the Discord server as we're certain everyone will offer their aid to make sure you get a post out in time.

- Cerberus

#ValorousOrder #Excelsium

voracity voracity pomme pomme lunar_moth lunar_moth simj26 simj26 azenva azenva _Line 213 _Line 213 GasMaskie GasMaskie Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit kasigi kasigi Ghostiiys Ghostiiys Paltajayd Paltajayd Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 StorybookParagon StorybookParagon Sheng Ling Sheng Ling Funnier President Funnier President Rielaix Rielaix NUSKI NUSKI

We have created a poll for everyone to vote on.

voracity voracity pomme pomme lunar_moth lunar_moth simj26 simj26 azenva azenva _Line 213 _Line 213 GasMaskie GasMaskie Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit kasigi kasigi Ghostiiys Ghostiiys Paltajayd Paltajayd Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 StorybookParagon StorybookParagon Funnier President Funnier President Rielaix Rielaix

Please make sure to vote so we understand what the majority wants.

This is a scheduled announcement made to ensure the stability of the player base for Valorous Order.

Before we go on further about the general reason for this announcement, we'd like to clarify that we have no intention of removing people from the roleplay out of spite, nor do we wish to constantly change members. Our volition comes from our worry for those who won't be able to commit long-term due to issues surrounding their social life or simply the curse known as the Roleplayer's Short Interest Syndrome. This won't become the norm in the future once we have a stable pace that everyone can agree with, so we ask for your full cooperation.

For those who won't be able to commit to the roleplay, please leave a message on this thread about your current situation. The same will be asked for those who will remain and stay active for a longer duration. Everyone, and we mean all 16 players, will be required to respond to this thread no matter what within the next 7 days (until November 11 / GMT+9). Failure to do so will result in consequences.

We will also attempt to address methods to make sure the players aren't entirely dependent on the post of the GMs for their characters to function. While we understand our roles as the captains of the ship, there must also be activity between the players that do not require the GM's attention.

Please be willing to cooperate as we are attempting our best to keep this roleplay as active as possible, both OOC and IC.

I'm here, and planning to stick to this like glue. I do have full time commitments but posting once a week is well within my ability.

hey, still here didn't get a notif here for some reason. I Will make a post before the end of the week if that's alright 😊 still planning to stick to this rp if you guys will have me! <3

Unfortunately, it looks like I never got a notification from RPN! On that note, I'm incredibly busy. I think the roleplay would be healthier to move on in my absence, as I've got a lot of things I need to do this year that'll decide where my life's headed.

That doesn't mean I won't keep watching how things unfold, though!

Unfortunately, it looks like I never got a notification from RPN! On that note, I'm incredibly busy. I think the roleplay would be healthier to move on in my absence, as I've got a lot of things I need to do this year that'll decide where my life's headed.

That doesn't mean I won't keep watching how things unfold, though!
Thank you for letting us know in advance.

Hi everyone! Sorry for my absence in the rp after the first mission began. I'm currently in the middle of protests and political activity inside my community and country, and that's taken all my time pretty much.

In short, there was a leak of personal info from the authorities, handling them to political groups who want to suppress lgbtiq+ and feminist rights. This became even more important since presidential elections are right around the corner. I took an active stance on this event, thus, I'm gonna have to bail out of this one :( but it's been cool giving it a try. Hope we get to cross paths again with you all. Great gms, really cool rp, nice team, but I've chosen my priorities. Take care everyone! 💕

Peace out 🤗

GM SURVEY #1
Note: Participation is optional for this survey but will be greatly appreciated.

Q1. How would you rate the current status of the lore page based on the method of presentation? What other information other than the list of factions (WIP) would you like to see in the future?
Please state your answer in detail. All answers will be considered.

Q2. The current lore page was coded to impress the newcomers. Do you prefer a more clean design or enjoy the current aesthetic?
Please answer with detail.

Q3. Would you like to see extensive information on Empyrian historical figures such as Eleanor Ophelia, Solomon von Bismarck, and the Symbol of Valor?
GM characters do not have a dedicated sheet as they are not permanent characters. However, characters that are significant to the lore may or may get a sheet of their own.

Q4. Would you be willing to participate in related roleplays that involve the history of Empyria and other significant stories that are connected to the main story?
Side stories will not be released for a significant amount of time as preparations are a hassle. We would, however, like to be convinced to prepare early in case of those who are excited about expanding on the lore of Valorous Order.

This can involve the planned side stories:

- Valorous Order: Invictus | A story about Eleanor Ophelia's daring escape from humanity's apocalypse. Explores the final history of the human race before the foundation of the Empyrian Empire.

- Valorous Order: Crimson Empyreal Tragedies | A story based on the Second Great War.

- Valorous Order: Harrowing Requiem | Prequel dating back tens of thousands of years before the event of Insignius Blade. It tells a story about the fall of a particular god that leads to the entire universe partaking in a grand-scale conflict. A mix of battle royale with dungeons, the one who stands last will replace the fallen god in the celestial council.

Q5. How do you feel about the current speed of the roleplay's progression?
Please answer with detail. The same goes for the questions below.

Q6. Are you interested in creating new characters in the future if we increased the one 5-star character limit and allowed more factions to be playable? E.G. Order of Eden, Hand of Agartha, Blackburn Paradeus.

Q7. Would you like a separate thread for lore that explains the entirety of the Valorous Order universe? This can span from 20,000 to 30,000 words. Of course, reading it would be optional.

Q8. Like the idea above, would you like to read a blurred section in the lore page that explains the route of Valorous Order: Insignius Blade and the 8 arcs that it will cover for those who like spoilers? Or do you think it's best to keep it a secret?

Q9. Do you believe it is better to keep the roleplay locked once it reaches a certain number of members as opposed to keeping it open permanently for anyone to join? If the latter, once you become accustomed to the lore and the roleplay, would you be willing to introduce someone to the lore?

Q10. What kind of extra content would increase your interest and attention to this roleplay?
All questions are optional and can be skipped if you do not have an answer.

Thank you for your participation!

Last edited:
Q1. IMO it looks good! No issues in terms of readability, I appreciate the big headings for every section, it really helps keep things organized and easy to understand. If possible, I would find it super helpful if maybe you were to add some sorts of visual aids, even just in the big lore doc? Like, a simple timeline of historical events, pointing out all the major milestones, or maybe a chart of all the factions with what exactly they do/the difference between them? Idk, may not be possible because I know you said the lore is hard to condense, but some sort of 'cheat sheet'/quick refresher guide to check back to to remember the most important tidbids would be super helpful?

Q2. No issues! Looks good. Super snazzy. Doesn't feel messy or hard to read to me.

Q3. Sure! I would read those if they came out. That said, I wouldn't be disappointed without them, so unless it's something the gms want to write, don't feel pressured to come out with something right away.

Q4. Sounds good! I would love to try different sorts of rp-styles but all set in the same universe. That said, again, I can't promise I'll be able to sound very smart during lol, if the roleplay starts depending more heavily on the historical lore and politics. I might be a little slow to keep up on all the information but I can probably figure it out in the end 💪💪

Q5. Works just fine to me. Especially because I suspect the pace/action will increase very shortly, we've just had to build up the setting first. Can't complain, especially because I will take ten times over a consistent pace over a speedy pace.

Q6. That would be great! I am very on board. There are so many possibilites for characters already, I would love the chance to explore a different angle.

Q7. I can't promise I will be able to absorb or recall it all immediately, but I would defo read that if it happened. I would also not die without it, though.

Q8. I personally would rather not! I would prefer to learn the plot as it unfolds, it seems more fun to me that way!

Q9. If it were up to me, I would probably keep it open permanently? At least to me, it seems like it'll be easier to keep the rp flowing if there's a little bit of turnover, i.e. I'd rather replace disinterested players as they go than keep the same cast the whole time but slowly dwindle in numbers, you know? Also, the longer the roleplay goes on, the more likely I feel it is that anyone new applying is probably going to be pretty invested, given how much they need to be caught up on to even begin lol. Tldr i don't think it could hurt to keep it open, plus I'm willing to adopt newbies as they come lol

Q10. Again, if it would be possible, I would love some sort of cheat sheet or abridged version of the lore, not necessarily all of it, but the most important points leading up to the beginning of canon. It would really help me keep track of the little things and probably make my engagement with the lore/worldbuilding smoother. Also, I know at one point somebody brought up having almost an 'alternate universe/spinoff' roleplay at the same time, where we use our same characters but just put them in silly and easy modern day situations or something. I think that could be fun? Especially if it's kept super casual and unmoderated-ish (like, no mandatory post frequency/lengths), and just a fun little thing on the side to keep us in practice with our characters while we wait our turns for the main canon to advance. Idk, I might not be getting across what I mean very well, but it might be kind of fun and good for keeping people busy during the waits?

Regardless, even if nothing at all changed and the roleplay progressed exactly as it has been thus far, i would have no issue with that ^^ i'm having a good time!!

Q1. How would you rate the current status of the lore page based on the method of presentation? What other information other than the list of factions (WIP) would you like to see in the future?

Wouldn't mind seeing more locations and characters in the lore. In terms of presentation, I am happy with the current presentation.

Q2. The current lore page was coded to impress the newcomers. Do you prefer a more clean design or enjoy the current aesthetic?

I prefer the current aesthetic.

Q3. Would you like to see extensive information on Empyrian historical figures such as Eleanor Ophelia, Solomon von Bismarck, and the Symbol of Valor?

Yes x200

Q4. Would you be willing to participate in related roleplays that involve the history of Empyria and other significant stories that are connected to the main story?

Definitely, since I enjoyed the side stuff that I've read so far.

Satisfied with the current pace.

Q6. Are you interested in creating new characters in the future if we increased the one 5-star character limit and allowed more factions to be playable? E.G. Order of Eden, Hand of Agartha, Blackburn Paradeus.

Definitely on board with this.

Q7. Would you like a separate thread for lore that explains the entirety of the Valorous Order universe? This can span from 20,000 to 30,000 words. Of course, reading it would be optional.

Yes, I've been hoping for more lore.

Q8. Like the idea above, would you like to read a blurred section in the lore page that explains the route of Valorous Order: Insignius Blade and the 8 arcs that it will cover for those who like spoilers? Or do you think it's best to keep it a secret?

I would prefer it to be kept a secret but then again I could just not read it if you do decide to release it.

Q9. Do you believe it is better to keep the roleplay locked once it reaches a certain number of members as opposed to keeping it open permanently for anyone to join? If the latter, once you become accustomed to the lore and the roleplay, would you be willing to introduce someone to the lore?

Keeping it open permanently seems a smarter option just because you never know who may drop out for whatever reason.

Q10. What kind of extra content would increase your interest and attention to this roleplay?

Regarding the lore, I would be interested in geography or just more information about areas outside of Mainland Agartha. Perhaps I'm biased because of my character but I'd like to also get more information on the Ophelia's (even if only the current ruler) and Agarthian. Would also like side stories for further worldbuilding and character development. All this stuff has been mentioned in previous questions so I can say that I'm satisfied with the current state of the roleplay.

Someone mentioned it already I think but I like the big fat headers that makes it really easy to jump around if you need something quick. If I wanted to see some changes ... I'd like to see information on the [Raignork War] below the [Eldrion War], especially since many of the noble characters within the roleplay likely had some relation to it, it strikes me as a little odd that it isn't information readily found or prepared at the forefront (although simply asking after reading the google doc does help too). Another thing I really like is the little slides with faction and race information - prime example being the Ashen Embers, there's a little footer or section listing its members and if it isn't too much trouble, just seeing the most prominent members of, for example, the Collbrandes, would be nice. It doesn't even have to be their CS just even providing their name may help expand and understand the world that much better.

Fine as is.

Would it be better, not only for your own workload but even for player enjoyment if we get limited information? I mean in the sense that we might not have to know about Ophelia and Kaiser's history, if the two had been keeping that secret or under wraps, then the players don't actually need to know something as detailed as that, but currently, the situation is that if players do not ask there's no way of knowing - which isn't bad either. But it's also a little awkward knowing next to nothing about the Collbrande you've supposedly been serving for a good while. Or what relationship your character may have with the Collbrande.

If IoS gets a reboot I'd be on board for sure but for the following, I don't think I'm a big fan of those.

The pace is fine - we were burning ourselves with a post per 24 hours in the beginning, and we're about to get new players and new hype so it'll recover - what is really bothering me is the length of posts. If we also want to not just blitz through main story and have characters actually live and breathe in the scene, I think even the 'less than 10 paragraphs' is still too long, and lack of dialogue in some posts just makes for monologues to read through. Not that it's terrible to read!

I think I'd be happier just managing 4* characters of my own instead. Having players make more characters doesn't feel like it will solve the problem of waiting on someone to reply or lack of replies, put being able to just call on a NPC you made yourself might help shuffle monotonous actions (checking a text message about important crime scene clues, being handed a suitable weapon from a minion, for example) quickly.

This is not something I'm like keen or interested in reading mostly because it would spoil my current enjoyment of the Valorous Order roleplays.

Secret for me, reasons stated above.

Funny thing is I tried to explain the lore to someone who was looking to join, and it's not as easy as it looks ... I ended up making them just read the documents, I actually figure it's easier to answer questions instead of word vomiting endlessly. I don't mind if new players come and go, but there might need to be some way of introducing them into the current situation in a way that doesn't have them time travelling from the start of the chapter and to where they are standing right now - nothing wrong for an introductory post, but I think I just got accustomed to deleting a lot of fluff in my own posts where 'my character is standing right here after they left the previous scene to do a b c d e f g' that no one is going to want to read.

I know we currently have this pilot thing where people who do want to do side scenes together can have their own separate thread, but that definitely gets tedious and becomes a waste of space if no one uses it ... would be it cringe if we had channels in the discord for factions so the characters can ... have that? I think it's worthwhile for the characters who have been in the same faction for an undisclosed amount of time to have SOME established relation, and very few of us have probably spoken at length with the rest of the faction to really hammer out details like that, so rather than having to maintain multiple RPN threads maybe having it on the discord would be a better way? It's definitely borderline cringe though sorry.

Thank you for your participation!

Um, I haven't registered my character so I was surprised to be tagged in this (Though I just posted him on the registration page). But please allow me to offer my POV as a fresh newcomer:

I think the current lore + Grand Lore GC provides enough basic information already. The number of people who are interested to know specific things before creating and registering their character seems quite low?, and I think the questions they have can be personally handled by GMs.

Yep, here's one ✋. I think the design looks great already!

I think I will enjoy it more IC? Like having it being mentioned by a character, or learning it in the bg. Show and tell-kind of storytelling, though I do think it might get buried easily in the IC...

I especially interested in the Second Great War, since it has a historic significance for the Revenant. I could participate as my character's ancestor! Which is kinda weird but also awesome.

N/A

Looking at the amount of lore and the details that are being put into the overarching story, I think it's best for people to stay focused on a single character? From my experience, even in casual RP people who have multiple characters might suddenly disappear / dropped out mid-story and affect the chemistry between characters and the story. That's why I think for an RP as detailed as this it's best if people stay focused on their single character that plays certain importance in the story.

I don't mind!

I think it's best to keep it all hidden. Knowing how things will turn out to be will probably affect how the player write their characters, even if they don't realize it, because they know "the future" already.

I know that I'm probably going to be jumping in the middle of an ongoing story right now so it might be weird for me to say this, but I think it's best to recruit in batches? I think that it'll be easier for the GMs to explain the catch-up summary to multiple people at once, and have all those new characters enter the story together.

N/A

I see I've been tagged in this, I won't fill it out just yet since I haven't registered my character yet but know that I am still interested so I'll probably get that done within the next couple days or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back