• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice [Exalted] O Brave New World (OOC)

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
The whole menu, huh? Okay, so I'm guessing if you're picking 2 your goal is securing the site for yourself. I'll get to writing.

The whole menu, huh? Okay, so I'm guessing if you're picking 2 your goal is securing the site for yourself. I'll get to writing.
Well she certainly isn't going to give it to charity.

Hazel is new in the region and she has nothing. Knowing that she will be working here in the Indefinite future (once she finds this glorious golden ruler) it is a great starting point for regional magical power. Besides, it would also make a great gift to Atusa to get into her good graces.

John seems likely to be thrilled by the discovery of it. A lover of new and interesting things. But also that Hazel likely wouldn't give him much choice. He's a fresh solar and needs to learn to do solar stuff. Like tomb raiding and artifact hunting.

Speaking of!

Random Word Random Word Rykon Rykon
Are we assuming Hazel and John have already met? Or will meet through play? Do you have a preference rykon?

I kinda like meeting through play, though that would also assume many of the connections between characters would get established in play or be behind a time skip of a sort.

meeting through play
I'm perfectly happy to have you meet in play, but it poses the interesting problem of John's Terrestrial Circle Sorcery Charm and his dots of Occult being paid for but not yet realized, as Hazel has yet to teach him. We could resolve that conundrum by having flashbacks to when you met (say, 6 months ago or so?), her initiating you, and her teaching you. Or she can be teaching you and initiating you to unlock those things in play. Which would you prefer? (I'm not sure if Hazel would allow her newfound mission of teaching you to delay her mission to find Atusa for months, but it doesn't seem implausible to me given what I know of her.)
Besides, it would also make a great gift to Atusa to get into her good graces.
The Alcazar of Twelve Ewers isn't actually your manse, so gifting it to Atusa will be tricky. It's where your manse was designed. It's a library, laboratory, and field testing site for genesis projects deep in the Locuran jungle. It does have a beautiful mural-map of the Achaea river valley circa 1100 years ago that could be used to locate your manse as well as the network of manses it's connected to.

I'm perfectly happy to have you meet in play, but it poses the interesting problem of John's Terrestrial Circle Sorcery Charm and his dots of Occult being paid for but not yet realized, as Hazel has yet to teach him. We could resolve that conundrum by having flashbacks to when you met (say, 6 months ago or so?), her initiating you, and her teaching you. Or she can be teaching you and initiating you to unlock those things in play. Which would you prefer? (I'm not sure if Hazel would allow her newfound mission of teaching you to delay her mission to find Atusa for months, but it doesn't seem implausible to me given what I know of her.)
Ah, I'm fine with not having access to it until John's had time to complete the proper training in the background or in play.

The Alcazar of Twelve Ewers isn't actually your manse, so gifting it to Atusa will be tricky. It's where your manse was designed. It's a library, laboratory, and field testing site for genesis projects deep in the Locuran jungle. It does have a beautiful mural-map of the Achaea river valley circa 1100 years ago that could be used to locate your manse as well as the network of manses it's connected to.

Thats fine! I dont think Hazel is aware of Manse or the Alcatraz yet so I'm just talking to talk. Magic is magic and she wants all the magic.

And I'm not against teaching John through play. She'll get to bathe in feelings of superiority of being the veteran exalt amongst the group. And aweing them with her vast wisdom and experience.

Banking on that they won't recognize she's just a 19 year old girl with only a quarter of an adventure under her belt.

Remind me: what did we agree on regarding any prior relationship between Hazel and Atusa? Because I don't recall making anything concrete. Then again, I am feeling a bit exhausted at the mo.

Oh yes, D. Rex D. Rex Hazel doesn't have two quarter dinars to rub together, so I presume she's travelling either in animal form, or on her Cirrus Skiff, and stopping periodically to hunt or steal/work for food?

Did Hazel send word to Neith that she was coming to Achaea, or is arriving in secret?

Oh yes, D. Rex D. Rex Hazel doesn't have two quarter dinars to rub together, so I presume she's travelling either in animal form, or on her Cirrus Skiff, and stopping periodically to hunt or steal/work for food?

Did Hazel send word to Neith that she was coming to Achaea, or is arriving in secret?

She will likely be traveling in animal form. The eight tailed mole hound makes good time traveling underground in deserts. Amd it lets her avoid the sun for her sake and Erembour's.

If she can get a job without attracting angry mobs, she might. But for trip across non populated parts will likely hold her nose and hunt in animal form.

As for Neith! That depends. Would their be any positives or negatives for letting her know or not? If Hazel knows Neith is anti-solar, then she would not send word and arrive in secret.

Remind me: what did we agree on regarding any prior relationship between Hazel and Atusa? Because I don't recall making anything concrete. Then again, I am feeling a bit exhausted at the mo.

We haven't decided on it. But from the sound of things, we may be starting before Hazel has found Atusa. But I did think we briefly talked about a potential future relationship about Atusa finding Hazel distasteful but useful.

Oopsie. Two omissions. Meant to make reference to Hazel's shadow, and John's Appearance 4. Going to make some quick edits, then get on to the next post.

Edit: There we go.

Last edited:
Quite the opening scenes, Random Word Random Word !
Have outdone yourself, I do say.

Now! As a matter of choosing the kitties patron for the voyage. I figure I should decide and hear the results of that before I start posting.

Potential rewards aside, I'm definitely torn between the Zahur and Thamina. While Hazel might have been very tempted to entertain the handsome martial artist or the jolly captain. The curiosity of the two enigmatic women would compel her towards them instead.

So! A few questions.

1. Would Hazel recognize either as a dynast or dragon blooded?

2. Thamina certainly has an impressive mode of transportation. Sorceress workings get her attention! But would Hazel be getting more magic vibes from Zahur or Thamina?

3. Would Hazel have any idea what the six armed things with Zahur might be?

1. Would Hazel recognize either as a dynast or dragon blooded?

2. Thamina certainly has an impressive mode of transportation. Sorceress workings get her attention! But would Hazel be getting more magic vibes from Zahur or Thamina?

3. Would Hazel have any idea what the six armed things with Zahur might be?
Thank you! Glad you liked it.

Let's see.

1. Dragonblooded don't always display strong elemental themes in their appearance, but they usually do. Unfortunately Zahur is wearing veils and robes, and Thamina is inside a carriage, so regardless of which reality you choose (They wouldn't both be on the same ship) Hazel wouldn't know if they were Exalted prior to meeting them. She wouldn't know much of anything about Thamina's appearance, but she can at least see that Zahur isn't surrounded by unusual gusts of wind, ice, clouds of smoke, etc, so probably not Air or Fire Aspected. Those kinds of effects can follow mortal Sorcerers as well depending on their shaping rituals, complicating matters.
  2. Thamina is putting on a much more ostentatious display of sorcerous prowess. The six armed creatures are probably animated Necromantic workings, but otherwise Zahur is not giving any obvious sign of the nature or amount of her power that a foreigner would immediately grasp. She is doing something slowly and painstakingly with a scroll that seems to write back to her - could be studying or corresponding. Hazel doesn't understand the symbols on Thamina's carriage, either, but the more time she spent examining it the more impressed she would become. It's a feat of Sorcerous craftsmanship that should, in her expert opinion, be beyond a mortal (Unless Hazel has an especially high opinion of mortal Sorcerers?), but then again Bagrash Kol did terrorize the Realm for decades.
  3. With an Excellency-augmented cat's nose Hazel could smell old bones under all the perfume and incense, and even see the bones through the not-quite-opaque fabric when the sun strikes it at the right angle. They're necromantic constructs, Ushabti, built of bones too large to be human, but clearly from something humanoid, and possibly from multiple skeletons put together. The linen and perfume are clearly designed to make them less terrifying. It... sort of works?

Last edited:
Thank you! Glad you liked it.

Let's see.

1. Dragonblooded don't always display strong elemental themes in their appearance, but they usually do. Unfortunately Zahur is wearing veils and robes, and Thamina is inside a carriage, so regardless of which reality you choose (They wouldn't both be on the same ship) Hazel wouldn't know if they were Exalted prior to meeting them. She wouldn't know much of anything about Thamina's appearance, but she can at least see that Zahur isn't surrounded by unusual gusts of wind, ice, clouds of smoke, etc, so probably not Air or Fire Aspected. Those kinds of effects can follow mortal Sorcerers as well depending on their shaping rituals, complicating matters.
  2. Thamina is putting on a much more ostentatious display of sorcerous prowess. The six armed creatures are probably animated Necromantic workings, but otherwise Zahur is not giving any obvious sign of the nature or amount of her power that a foreigner would immediately grasp. She is doing something slowly and painstakingly with a scroll that seems to write back to her - could be studying or corresponding. Hazel doesn't understand the symbols on Thamina's carriage, either, but the more time she spent examining it the more impressed she would become. It's a feat of Sorcerous craftsmanship that should, in her expert opinion, be beyond a mortal (Unless Hazel has an especially high opinion of mortal Sorcerers?), but then again Bagrash Kol did terrorize the Realm for decades.
  3. With a Excellency-augmented cat's nose Hazel could smell old bones under all the perfume and incense, and even see the bones through the not-quite-opaque fabric when the sun strikes it at the right angle. They're necromantic constructs, Ushabti, built of bones too large to be human, but clearly from something humanoid, and possibly from multiple skeletons put together. The linen and perfume are clearly designed to make them less terrifying. It... sort of works?
All so intriguing! And a hard decision to make. But I think that I like the idea of Hazel meeting Zahur. Would you like to add the results of that in before I post or after?

Multiple timelines going at once is perfectly fine with me (unless you think meeting Zahur would dramatically change how you interact with John there's unlikely to be any causality issues), but if you'd prefer to do them in order you can write how you approach Zahur. She'll respond positively to a cat approaching her - no one else will stand on the same half of the deck, let alone approach her. Or I can just add a post speeding through it if you think Hazel will just do typical cat stuff.

Multiple timelines going at once is perfectly fine with me (unless you think meeting Zahur would dramatically change how you interact with John there's unlikely to be any causality issues), but if you'd prefer to do them in order you can write how you approach Zahur. She'll respond positively to a cat approaching her - no one else will stand on the same half of the deck, let alone approach her. Or I can just add a post speeding through it if you think Hazel will just do typical cat stuff.
I dont mind splitting timeliness a bit. O don't think she would do anything major to change her current plans. At the moment, anyway.

I'll see about getting a post started after tomorrow(I am not very free on my days off) And once I get catch up on a couple rps.

[John will accept what sounds like a compel on his curiosity, if that's the intent. John still retaliates by seeing what Kasra is willing to do or what she is willing to part with to fuel her gambling problem. Not sure how compels on our own npcs work, but why not stir the pot?]

Ah, no, that was not a Compel - you absolutely have a choice here, though if you roleplay yourself into a bad situation you can always call for a Self-Compel. Helping, or even simply endorsing Kasra's efforts to steal the scroll are entirely optional. To put it in mechanical terms, she's rolling Persuade and leveraging your 'Major Tie-Love of discovery' with a pool of 7 dice and 2 successes from the Excellency, trying to convince you to identify the scroll for her. If I were to offer a Compel, the consequences of accepting would have to significantly complicate your life - identifying the inscription won't do that.

You can spend Fate Points to Compel any NPC, and it seems reasonable to me everyone starts with 1 FP. You could say Kasra's gambling debts are catching up with her, and if she doesn't make a score soon, like selling a potentially valuable scroll, the debt collectors might try to take it out on the BAR. No, wait, that would actually be a Compel against yourself using Kasra's Aspect. Maybe that should be a thing.

Ah, I'll keep that in mind. John will not resist the persuasion, he will still press the issue of what the favor is worth to her though.

Thanks. Fair warning, it might take a while for me to reply.
No worries. We're in no rush here.
Quick worldbuilding question: if a clan gets wiped out, what'll happen to all its Djinn?
I don't know! What would you like to have happen to all its Djinn? I could imagine they could become freed from their oaths when the last living descendant dies/is enslaved, or maybe when the clan dissolves as a going concern, and then they seek a new arrangement. Or perhaps more dramatically they die with the clan. Or perhaps they remain bound to the survivors, scattered to the winds, and either try to guide them to rebuild the clan or join other clans as the survivors marry in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back