• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice [Exalted] O Brave New World (OOC)

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
With their primary supply being livestock to boot, would Ahlat have a strong following in this area? Or perhaps a similar deity under his authority?

Oops, forgot to reply to this. Cattle require a lot of food and water. The Hisari people in the hills have large herds of goats, but cattle are largely the province of the settlements on the floodplains of the Achaea. Beef tends to be a luxury good in places with a climate like this in this era of history, and shows up in places with large agricultural surpluses. If you have a cattle herd in the middle of the desert, you're making an ostentatious display of your community's food and water surplus. Ahlat is undoubtedly worshipped in his War aspect, but worshipping him in his cattle aspect is a luxury few Faqari have.

It sounds like Jaydude's community might be one of the few that could support a small herd of cattle if they so choose.

Oops, forgot to reply to this. Cattle require a lot of food and water. The Hisari people in the hills have large herds of goats, but cattle are largely the province of the settlements on the floodplains of the Achaea. Beef tends to be a luxury good in this era of history, and shows up in places with large agricultural surpluses. If you have a cattle herd in the middle of the desert, you're making an ostentatious display of your community's food and water surplus. Ahlat is undoubtedly worshipped in his War aspect, but worshipping him in his cattle aspect is a luxury few Faqari have.

It sounds like Jaydude's community might be one of the few that could support a small herd of cattle if they so choose.
That's why I thought a lesser spirit might be venerated in his place, or alongside him at the least. Even life as a whole would be far more scarce this far south, much less cattle. A hecatomb sacrifice is probably inconceivable even for those by the water. Thus lending a bit more awe or legend to the whole undertaking.

jaydude jaydude
I got enough extra bp to get a manse and a Hearthstone, if that helps. So you can keep your presence high.

I've been trying to think of stuff to spend it on anyway. And I'm sure the circle would much rather Hazel act "God of fertility" than "demom summoner"

Hmm. While I won't complain about having my bonus points freed up, going with this does raise the question of "why would Hazel let the Hematti clan make use of the Hearthstone's benefits?"

In my view, the simplest solution would be to say that the Hematti showed up at the Manse some point after Hazel took possession of it and the Hearthstone, having hoped to claim both themselves. Ultimately the Hematti were permitted to settle around the Manse, with Hazel possibly being made an honorary member of the clan, in exchange.

Oops, forgot to reply to this. Cattle require a lot of food and water. The Hisari people in the hills have large herds of goats, but cattle are largely the province of the settlements on the floodplains of the Achaea. Beef tends to be a luxury good in places with a climate like this in this era of history, and shows up in places with large agricultural surpluses. If you have a cattle herd in the middle of the desert, you're making an ostentatious display of your community's food and water surplus. Ahlat is undoubtedly worshipped in his War aspect, but worshipping him in his cattle aspect is a luxury few Faqari have.

That's an interesting dilemma. I suppose I wouldn't mind having a cattle herd, unless they turn out to be a White Elephant here.

Hmm. While I won't complain about having my bonus points freed up, going with this does raise the question of "why would Hazel let the Hematti clan make use of the Hearthstone's benefits?"

In my view, the simplest solution would be to say that the Hematti showed up at the Manse some point after Hazel took possession of it and the Hearthstone, having hoped to claim both themselves. Ultimately the Hematti were permitted to settle around the Manse, with Hazel possibly being made an honorary member of the clan, in exchange.

That's an interesting dilemma. I suppose I wouldn't mind having a cattle herd, unless they turn out to be a White Elephant here.

I haz idea. Will explain later.

Random Word Random Word
Any underground passages or tunnels under the desert that might house a hidden manse?

As for demon pals, was just thinking of a cute furry jumping anahule, and a couple of small shadow imps/demon/things I can hide under my cloak that I can use as minor assistants and powder monkey.

Last edited:
Also everyone, I do have some notes up for Atusa's backstory.

The Hematti were just one of the many Faqari clans of the Achaean river valley, until a stroke of fortune that took place after the return of the Solar Exalted.

Atusa was the first child of the clan leader and his wife, making her the heir by default. Growing up, she learned Steel Devil Style at the hands of the clan's greatest warriors, and was tutored in how to captain a sandship and rule her people by her parents.

The Hematti fought for the Sassarin Principate prior to and during the Battle of the Silesian Gate, with Atusa's father Arsaphes dying during the battle.

At some point after Atusa became the clan leader, the Hematti came across one of the Unconquered Sun's temples buried beneath the sands. Atusa led a scouting party into the ruin, and emerged the next day at noon with a pair of orichalcum short daiklaves in her hands, and a disk of light shining from her forehead.

forest under the desert

Well, I mean, obviously that exists. It didn't until you mentioned it, but now it definitely does. I don't know how, exactly, but that's a trifling problem. Probably a Wyld pocket or an ancient sorcerous agriculture experiment. What do cave trees eat instead of sunlight? Firedust? Fire essence? Lava? I don't know, but it probably makes them really weird.

What about a forest of giant mushrooms? Those could grow in the dark. Or perhaps have a load of crystals that radiate sunlight be attached to the cave ceiling.

Last edited:
Oh we're doing that kind of Egyptian, huh? Thank the gods genes don't exist in Exalted. Or maybe you were just saying you weren't conceived by two men or out of wedlock?

*facepalm* No, I did not mean to imply that Atusa was the product of brother-sister incest. I also cannot believe I forgot all about that aspect of Egyptian culture.

Well, I mean, obviously that exists. It didn't until you mentioned it, but now it definitely does. I don't know how, exactly, but that's a trifling problem. Probably a Wyld pocket or an ancient sorcerous agriculture experiment. What do cave trees eat instead of sunlight? Firedust? Fire essence? Lava? I don't know, but it probably makes them really weird.

Lol I meant caverns or tunnels. I didn't realized I typed forest until I read it over.

I must have type it because I was thinking about underground stuff. Amd was briefly thinking of the underground forest in Nausicaa and the valley of the wind.

bfafd30e2eaf6908ea134768fa3fc51b.jpg

Wasn't paying attention and typed what I was thinking instead of what I meant.

Now! If you WANT an underground forest. I can make it happen. I can have be exotic and alien or simply given life by the Manse. Given we are going to be having the stone of fertility, a related manse would make it believable.

What would you all like to see?

Rykon Rykon
As for how Hazel has it, well she would be the type to travel underground to avoid the sun. And I'm sure an eight tales mole hound might find a few things.

Besides. Would Atusa really accept some random freaky lunar woman as her lead sorceress? Or would it probably be best if Hazel made an offering to show Atusa that she was both sincere and powerful?

On a side note, I absolutely love Naussica and the Valley of the Wind. Thanks for posting that to bring those wonderful memories back to the forefront of my mind.

Also, considering the desert conditions, replacing my Stone of Resilient Bamboo with a Fountain Summoning Stone might be the way to go, especially with the needs of so many men and horses to take care of.

I'm willing to make the change and go without the Soak benefit if it is good to do.

Also, considering the desert conditions, replacing my Stone of Resilient Bamboo with a Fountain Summoning Stone might be the way to go, especially with the needs of so many men and horses to take care of.

I'm willing to make the change and go without the Soak benefit if it is good to do.
Doesn't the stone have a limit like once per story?

This hearthstone is a dark oval emerald, cold and moist to
the touch. If the Fountain-Summoning Stone is buried in
the soil and left undisturbed for a short period (ranging
from a minute in fertile riverlands to half an hour in the
desert), it will presently spring back to the surface atop a
gushing fountain of water, which persists until the sun
rises and sets. The Fountain-Summoning Stone won’t
operate anywhere that a spring couldn’t possibly appear,
such as a balcony garden or in a barrel of soil aboard a ship.

Must have been thinking about something else.

But yeah, if you can get that. I can focus my BP on the manse and harvest stone.

I am wondering if it is possible to pool Merits to get a better level of troops with better gear or a larger force?

Sherwood Sherwood , how do you want to do this? Should I just go for a few dots to show our ranks of foot soldiers, or put them towards better training and gear for a smaller force?

Sherwood Sherwood , how do you want to do this? Should I just go for a few dots to show our ranks of foot soldiers, or put them towards better training and gear for a smaller force?
If you can spare two dots, it will give us a total of five dots and a awesome force of elite troops. I can always add on to our force as we go along.

Ok, I tapped into my xp to buy two dots of Command, giving us elite drill with elite troop template, for a Size 5 force of mixed horse and infantry. We some bad-asses!

Awesome. A lot of it is probably from new recruits that have heard of the exploits of the Company and have joined up.

Ok, I tapped into my xp to buy two dots of Command, giving us elite drill with elite troop template, for a Size 5 force of mixed horse and infantry. We some bad-asses!

Yes, you are badasses. You are in fact so badass it will be a subject of national interest when you arrive. I was thinking one of your first Obstacles might be making a name for yourselves to find work. Now that you have two Dragons of elite soldiers that is no longer a problem. Both Sassarin and Ea-Abzu will be intensely curious as to what brings you to the neighbourhood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back