• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice [Exalted] O Brave New World (OOC)

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
And Morrolan takes 5L damage through his defense. Ouch. I knew it would be painful. But I can get past that and do some ass-kicking on my next turn.

Ah, you can regenerate that in a few minutes. When Renna gets hurt it's for keeps, but you can be practically on death's door and feeling fine the next day.

Yeah, I figured it had to be. Atusa had to be heroic enough to qualify for Solar Exaltation, so I'm not too worried about how she managed the impressive feat of wanting to escape, let alone actually doing it. The part I'm most curious about is how she came away from what must have been an incredibly traumatic experience with only a Minor Tie of Disdain. That's some serious Derangement inducing material. Raksha can easily induce Obsession derangements in mortals, and build up Major and Defining ties. She might give Exalted Atusa a run for her money. In modern parlance I'd expect the survivor to have PTSD and deeply conflicted feelings about Acekara without some Exalted or Divine level mental health treatment.

How did Atusa come away so nonchalant about the whole affair? Did she escape before Acekara paid any real attention to her, and only really saw the effects second hand? Did she find some ritual or artifact to store all the memories externally so she forgets the entire experience, or maybe just its emotional context? A petition for divine intervention that saw a god like Hanama take away her trauma? If she were Exalted it could just be sheer bloody minded stubbornness, refusing to be affected through copious essence and willpower expenditure, but mortals don't usually get off so lucky. Being a mortal toyed with by a Raksha is going to elicit a lot of strong feelings, but disdain is not chief amongst them.

So after a bit of thought, I've decided to scrap this idea. As interesting as it might be, playing a character with derangements was never my intention, and right now, I don't think I could adequately explain her not having any without it coming off as convoluted/nonsensical.

I'll revise my last IC post tomorrow, to remove all references to Atusa specifically getting imprisoned.

Okay, sounds good. That was treading into a level a dark for Atusa's story that I'm perfectly happy to visit, but only if a player is super on board with that.

If you do like the idea of Atusa having been captured by Acekara, or having an established antagonistic relationship, but don't want to deal with the dark psychological implications of having a narcissistic supernaturally manipulative ex who literally eats extreme emotions and drinks souls, we can certainly work something out.

With the successes that Renna got, doesn't she gain 12i? How far negative was she? I don't want to go before her if she is due to act.
Had she hit an individual, you would be completely correct. You do not gain initiative for hitting Battlegroups, however, only the point of initiative for any successful withering attack. They do not have initiative, withering attacks just do damage to their health tracks. Decisive attacks just do even more damage.

You make an excellent point, though, in that Renna and Adorei are actually at 0i, not 6i. I will edit accordingly.

Yup, Morrolan is tied for first with the Red Arms and the Din. Everyone's action will happen simultaneously, so there's no harm in Morrolan going first.

Is Ruby Bey close enough to engage with my spear? Or is he just out of range even with me advancing on him?

It's currently at Medium Range, so it would take two Move actions to get to Close to hit it with your spear. Each move is over difficult terrain, so a fairly straightforward Dex/Str + Athletics test at Difficulty 4. Moving through a Battlegroup costs 1i.

Yes, you're always allowed one move action (Move, Rush, Disengage), one standard action (Basically everything else, including attacks and Simple Charms), and as many reflexive actions as you like.

I can try a Stunt, but I don't have any good defense buff Charms yet, and the only other option is to use the Martial Arts Excellency to raise my Parry. Might do that, but I'm running out of Essence quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back