• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice [Exalted] O Brave New World (OOC)

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
You have 28 soak. The list of things that can hurt you is short. Your biggest issue is keeping Renna alive while everything bounces harmlessly off of you. Just, like, pick her up and carry her overhead.

That gives me a total of 19 dice to hit.

Alright, let me try to catch up here. So that's Str 5 + Melee 5 + Specialty in Direlances 1 + Stunt 2 gets you to 13. Did you spend 6m on the Excellency? Sinuous Striking Grace gives you one of those dice if you didn't refund the 3m 'cause you were going first anyway.

My charm of Deadly Claw Blow lets me use my Str to calculate my to hit, so by spending the 5m in the Str Excellency, it gives me another 5 dice to hit. Then there is the +1 Accuracy from Zelator. That puts me at 19 dice to hit.

Perfect. And you didn't want to spend more than 5m on the excellency because it was Decisive and the extra successes weren't going to matter anyway?

You can't use the +1 Accuracy from Zelator on a Decisive Attack (No weapon accuracy bonuses on those), but it didn't make a difference here anyway.

I'm afraid to see what Morrolan can do with a Withering Attack. Those numbers are just scary.

I definitely can't keep all the finicky details of the combat system straight without consulting the rules every roll, so you have absolutely nothing to apologize for.

I am just clueless on the Mass Combat system, so if you will bear with me on that, I will bless you.

I also recall Random Word mentioning that I need to roll my Wits + Martial Arts for my sword's Join Battle roll.

It has a 5i. Psychie is right; the dice want us to die here.

Oh, yes, that is important - if you roll higher than 9 you technically get to act before the enemy hits you.
And I didn't. How much damage do I take, being the squishy Solar compared to the tank of a Lunar at my side?

Fingers crossed, not enough to kill you. It will be 28 - (10 soak - 4 piercing) = 22 dice of damage, no double 10s. Any damage in excess of your initiative is Lethal. Worst case we may actually be using the Crippling Wound rules for once! Good news is there are plenty of things in setting capable of restoring lost limbs. The tricky part is getting one to like you enough to do it.

Morrolan, of course, takes a whopping 28 - (28 - 4 piercing) = 4 dice of damage because he has all of the soak.

Just wait for Renna to get some initiative built back up. She's going to take it out on the Din big time.

She and several more Hematti women had once been prisoners and playthings of Acekara's years ago, before she and a few others had managed to escape.

Just to be sure, this was something you wanted to add for Atusa, not something you thought I was forcing on you? Acekara was talking about your exaltation, but she can certainly belatedly recognize the mortal host carrying it is also someone she should recognize from before you drew your second breath. It's certainly in character for a Raksha to be completely oblivious about the mortal holding the exaltation, and to fail to remember those they've taken prisoner. There are so many of you, after all, and you have a habit of dying before it matters.

Just to be sure, this was something you wanted to add for Atusa, not something you thought I was forcing on you? Acekara was talking about your exaltation, but she can certainly belatedly recognize the mortal host carrying it is also someone she should recognize from before you drew your second breath. It's certainly in character for a Raksha to be completely oblivious about the mortal holding the exaltation, and to fail to remember those they've taken prisoner. There are so many of you, after all, and you have a habit of dying before it matters.

Nah, I didn't think you were forcing anything upon me. I thought you were indicating nothing more than the two of them having some history together, and so I decided to expand upon that. I figured that it would make the fight a bit more personal.

Yeah, I figured it had to be. Atusa had to be heroic enough to qualify for Solar Exaltation, so I'm not too worried about how she managed the impressive feat of wanting to escape, let alone actually doing it. The part I'm most curious about is how she came away from what must have been an incredibly traumatic experience with only a Minor Tie of Disdain. That's some serious Derangement inducing material. Raksha can easily induce Obsession derangements in mortals, and build up Major and Defining ties. She might give Exalted Atusa a run for her money. In modern parlance I'd expect the survivor to have PTSD and deeply conflicted feelings about Acekara without some Exalted or Divine level mental health treatment.

How did Atusa come away so nonchalant about the whole affair? Did she escape before Acekara paid any real attention to her, and only really saw the effects second hand? Did she find some ritual or artifact to store all the memories externally so she forgets the entire experience, or maybe just its emotional context? A petition for divine intervention that saw a god like Hanama take away her trauma? If she were Exalted it could just be sheer bloody minded stubbornness, refusing to be affected through copious essence and willpower expenditure, but mortals don't usually get off so lucky. Being a mortal toyed with by a Raksha is going to elicit a lot of strong feelings, but disdain is not chief amongst them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back