• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice [Exalted] O Brave New World (OOC)

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I'm neck-deep in house hunting lately, so I'll have times where I'll be a bit slow as well. No worries.

Just wanted to check, but are djinn God-blooded, Fae-blooded or something else? Because I'd think that the Faqari clans would want to stockpile iron weaponry if they frequently come into conflict with Raksha, but I'd understand them being reluctant to do so if it's likely to cause problems for their own people.

Oh wow. The Dawn botching her first Strategic Manoeuvre roll was a plot twist I did not see coming.

Don't forget War God Descendant on your JB to give +1 Size to the Red Arms.

Sherwood Sherwood were you already ignoring the -2 fatigue penalty on your strategic manoeuvre roll? If not, roll two more dice and maybe avert disaster.

In addition, ignore penalties on the Strategic Maneuver roll having to do with hunger, bad weather, or the physical exhaustion associated with long marches over difficult terrain.

Ah, well. I guess I'll be recruiting more Red Arms to replace our losses soon enough.

Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie Post for Renna and Morrolan is up. For Renna, don't forget to roll (Wits + Martial Arts) for your sword's initiative, as you activated the Form.

This one was a bit tricky from a rules perspective, as it isn't entirely clear how the Ambush stratagem interacts with turn order, but I erred on the side of not fucking you over any harder by not giving the enemy an 'Ambush round' or letting them go first regardless of initiative order. It's still probably going to hurt a lot.

Next on the docket is Atusa. jaydude jaydude should I assume you don't want to go higher than Glowing for your anima unless the situation is truly dire, but that you'll be spending 4m on most rolls?

Last edited:
Thanks for reminding me about the initiative track for my sword. I'll post it shortly.

Next on the docket is Atusa. jaydude jaydude should I assume you don't want to go higher than Glowing for your anima unless the situation is truly dire, but that you'll be spending 4m on most rolls?

That depends. I'm not quite sure on the rules; Do I need to be the first to 10 successes overall? Or do I need to have 10 more successes than the Poison Fangs?

It's an extended test tug of war. Those can go forever, but in this case there's a hard limit at 5 rounds regardless so that's okay. I should actually go through and run the probabilities to see if 10 is too high given reasonable dice pools.

It's an extended test tug of war. Those can go forever, but in this case there's a hard limit at 5 rounds regardless so that's okay. I should actually go through and run the probabilities to see if 10 is too high given reasonable dice pools.

Okay. Truth is, I was kinda thinking of changing my plan of attack and trying to take out the two cataphracts, seeing as you mentioned earlier that the rest of the Poison Fangs would break and run if they were defeated. I imagine that the reputations of both Atusa and the Hematti would be boosted from routing such a big enemy host once news spreads, and I'm assuming that Atusa has enough supernatural backup here to take on two cataphracts.

For sure on both the reputation boosting and capacity - a Dex 5 MA 5 Solar with their Form is typically quite capable of taking on two Cataphracts alone, let alone with allies. If you opt to challenge both of them to a duel that's obviously bonus prestige points. Are you going to edit your post, put up a new one, or do you need something from me first?

For sure on both the reputation boosting and capacity - a Dex 5 MA 5 Solar with their Form is typically quite capable of taking on two Cataphracts alone, let alone with allies. If you opt to challenge both of them to a duel that's obviously bonus prestige points. Are you going to edit your post, put up a new one, or do you need something from me first?

I'll take your word that Atusa can handle them. :)

And in terms of what I want to do, I'd say "need something from you first". I was assuming that you'd write the Poison Fangs as being able to keep up with the Hematti/Bintanath group, after which I planned to write Atusa as deciding to change tactics, leading into her attacking the cataphracts.

Edit: But if you'd prefer I do one of the other two, I'm fine with that.

Also, rather than a duel, I'm more thinking that Atusa would be pragmatic and try to take out the cataphracts one at a time, rather than give them a chance to double-team her. Though of course, you have the right to deny me that approach.

I will write that post next, then. As to being sensible, yes, glowing gold doesn't come with an obligation for suicidal heroics. Being ruthlessly pragmatic or genre-savvy is acceptable. Would you like the Cataphracts to catch up with you while you're still Glowing, or after your anima has cooled off (or retroactively not spending 6m now that you're throwing the chase)? They will recognize your caste mark, and this will dramatically change the way they interact with you.

No worries Sherwood, Psychie is up first in initiative order anyway. Renna is going last this round.

Also, Psychie, you can take back the motes you spent on Sinuous Striking Grace if you like, since you rolled highest on JB and were going to go first anyway. You only have to declare that Charm when the round begins, which is after seeing everyone's JB results. Right now it's just adding a non-charm die to your attack for 3m, which isn't very efficient.

Last edited:
I will write that post next, then. As to being sensible, yes, glowing gold doesn't come with an obligation for suicidal heroics. Being ruthlessly pragmatic or genre-savvy is acceptable. Would you like the Cataphracts to catch up with you while you're still Glowing, or after your anima has cooled off (or retroactively not spending 6m now that you're throwing the chase)? They will recognize your caste mark, and this will dramatically change the way they interact with you.

Hey, it's up to you. You're the Storyteller here. And I'm fine with letting them see I'm a Solar.

But if you're going to let me regain motes, perhaps have it happen while Atusa's fighting her way through Poison Fang mooks, seeing as you recover Essence faster during combat (assuming you're not using it of course)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back