• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice [Exalted] O Brave New World (OOC)

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Just an additional suggestion, perhaps they have an item they are bound to. Some sort of treasure which can act as a gateway to a sanctum of a sort. Anytime their oath keeper perishes they retreat into their vessel waiting to be approached by the inheritors of their miraculous item. Whether that be a blood descendant of the previous master could be considered a trivial concern to some or a matter of great consternation to others. In the latter case they could demand proof of worthiness in some trial or another. Or if it's a particularly picky djinn, maybe all inheritors must pass their trial before agreeing to being bound in servitude.

No worries. We're in no rush here.

I don't know! What would you like to have happen to all its Djinn? I could imagine they could become freed from their oaths when the last living descendant dies/is enslaved, or maybe when the clan dissolves as a going concern, and then they seek a new arrangement. Or perhaps more dramatically they die with the clan. Or perhaps they remain bound to the survivors, scattered to the winds, and either try to guide them to rebuild the clan or join other clans as the survivors marry in.

I kinda assumed what happened to them would be up to you. My initial plan was for Atusa to try and persuade the Djinn that holding onto her mortal beau would be more trouble than it was worth, but I wanted to make sure that was actually the case before having her make any IC assumptions.

Just an additional suggestion, perhaps they have an item they are bound to. Some sort of treasure which can act as a gateway to a sanctum of a sort. Anytime their oath keeper perishes they retreat into their vessel waiting to be approached by the inheritors of their miraculous item.
Love it! This is now a thing.
I kinda assumed what happened to them would be up to you.
Your first mistake! Secretly it's all Rykon behind the curtain.
My initial plan was for Atusa to try and persuade the Djinn that holding onto her mortal beau would be more trouble than it was worth, but I wanted to make sure that was actually the case before having her make any IC assumptions.
I would say that regardless of the details it's safe to assume that having her entire clan wiped out would be very inconvenient. Whatever the mechanism binding Djinn to clans it should largely have their incentives aligned or it wouldn't have been so successful nor lasted so long, so the clan being wiped out is definitely not something Aejej wants. On the other hand, Fire/Wind Djinn are often extremely emotional, passionate, flighty, short sighted, and selfish. Because some of them are so powerful it can be hard to stand up to them when they're being idiots. They can be surprisingly good at getting their way when they're emotionally invested, and dangerously vengeful when angered. Mortals have likely attempted to cautiously explain the danger to her, but she has either dismissed their concerns, or has decided her love is more important and worth the inconvenience of being returned to her vessel if the clan is wiped out. After all, she's immortal and the story of dying tragically in a lost cause battle for true love is worthy of song.

They are not immune to common sense, however, and do tend to genuinely want the best for the humans they're bonded to as their only source of prayer, offerings, the luxuries they enjoy, and the novelties they find entertaining. Persuading her to be sensible is definitely a difficult task but nothing a social Solar couldn't accomplish.

though Buiku didn't appear to be entirely satisfied with Atusa, judging by her apparent wish for a handsome prince.
and perhaps a more permanent partner for Sirocco as well.
Oops. I did not anticipate they were doing double duty as Atusa's concubines. Buiku is so rude asking for a handsome prince when she already has a beautiful queen! She mostly wanted a replacement for her husband, who should perhaps be retconned away if she's Atusa's concubine and warming her bed every night. As for Sirocco, she just wants what is in her mind Aejej's storybook romance. She doesn't much care about the gender of her paramours, and would in fact be confused if someone were to try to explain to her that in asking for a handsome prince she might have ruled out handsome princesses.

Sirocco, like most Djinn, is the sort who will tell you you're the most beautiful thing they've ever seen, that they could never again have eyes for another, and that they will love you until the end of time, then be flirting with someone else five minutes later and see no incongruity at all. They play out a pantomime of human romance. They're fantastic but extremely unreliable lovers.

Last edited:
Oops. I did not anticipate they were doing double duty as Atusa's concubines. Buiku is so rude asking for a handsome prince when she already has a beautiful queen! She mostly wanted a replacement for her husband, who should perhaps be retconned away if she's Atusa's concubine and warming her bed every night. As for Sirocco, she just wants what is in her mind Aejej's storybook romance. She doesn't much care about the gender of her paramours, and would in fact be confused if someone were to try to explain to her that in asking for a handsome prince she might have ruled out handsome princesses.

In all honesty, I actually missed the part about Buiku having a husband when I was writing my post. I've gone ahead and edited it, since it was never my intention to have Atusa make the poor man a cuckold.

And I didn't mean to imply anything about Sirocco's sexuality. I held back from doing so because I thought you were more likely to have plans for her than you were for Buiku and Gyasi.

Last edited:
I thought you were more likely to have plans for her
Ah, yes, plans! I've heard of those. Everyone associated with the Hematti is yours to do with as you please.

At Charisma 5 + Presence 4 Atusa is like catnip for Djinn. That sort of fiery passion of the soul is irresistible to them, and prized more highly than physical beauty. Sirocco probably spent more time than strictly necessary drying you off, but you have a job to do and she's being well behaved. Honestly, though, at Charisma 5 you're pretty much irresistible to everyone. For Atusa (5+4) and to a lesser extent Renna (5+3) and Hazel (4+3), virtually everyone who they express even the slightest positive sentiment towards will try to befriend or impress them in an effort to hold their attention. They're all charming as fuck, and generally have to work hard to be disliked. People just naturally rally around them, look to them for direction, and shower them with praise in the hopes they'll be noticed. Even people who don't want to like them often can't help themselves.

Last edited:
Lol and here Hazel is a virgin chad who has put more effort into books than boys.

Everybody looking as beautiful and radiant and Hazel is satisfied to have gotten her cow luck under control.

Though once she turns into human again, she is definitely going to go to Atusa for beauty tips. Though Hazel will be just as happy to be able to grow her hair(actual human hair) long again.

I'll have to raise attributes and abilities for John as the game goes on, if only to not seem dull and dimwitted in the company of those with more magnetic personalities.

Still, I think he'll always be one who speaks more through action than raw magnetism.

I'll have to raise attributes and abilities for John as the game goes on, if only to not seem dull and dimwitted in the company of those with more magnetic personalities.

Still, I think he'll always be one who speaks more through action than raw magnetism.

Nah. John is going to be adorable. The extent of Hazels magnetism is acting like the Wizard of Oz and trying to strike awe in people before they realize she is awkward.

D. Rex D. Rex you want me to set up the scene with Zahur, or would you still like to do it? No rush if you're just busy, just making sure you're not blocked waiting for me.

D. Rex D. Rex you want me to set up the scene with Zahur, or would you still like to do it? No rush if you're just busy, just making sure you're not blocked waiting for me.
You can set it up if you like. I'm not picky about how Hazel will approach.

I wasn't waiting for you. I was just busy at work the past couple days. Busier than I thought I would be. Gonna try and sit down for a post tomorrow.

Okay. On the docket: Zahur scene setup for Hazel (If D.Rex doesn't do it first), reply for Atusa. I think John is blocked on Hazel's arrival.

Was thinking of doing a Read Intentions action to try and figure how truthful Sebua's being here, but Atusa can't get a dice pool larger than the man's guile.
I should probably be more careful giving ordinary mortals a rating that high. I was thinking Manipulation 3 + Socialize 3 + Specialty, but even 3's are exemplary. Perhaps not unreasonable for a veteran diplomat. Regardless, you have a dice pool of 4, can stunt for (at least) 2 more, and can spend WP, so success is not out of the realm of possibility.

Oh! And you've only spent 11 of your 15 Charms, and even a single Socialize Charm would get you the Excellency because you Caste/Favoured Socialize.

I should probably be more careful giving ordinary mortals a rating that high. I was thinking Manipulation 3 + Socialize 3 + Specialty, but even 3's are exemplary. Perhaps not unreasonable for a veteran diplomat. Regardless, you have a dice pool of 4, can stunt for (at least) 2 more, and can spend WP, so success is not out of the realm of possibility.

Oh! And you've only spent 11 of your 15 Charms, and even a single Socialize Charm would get you the Excellency because you Caste/Favoured Socialize.
From what I saw, the initial Socialize Charms require the ability to be at 3. That said, I might tweak my stats a bit, assuming that's okay with you at this early stage.

Renna will try and bargain for better pay for her men up front, and more bonuses for doing a good job in saving the town of Kabir. What do I need to roll, if anything?
There's a few ways you could go about that in 3e. You could Persuade (Standard social pools) her to give you better terms, leveraging an intimacy of sufficient strength (which you may have to discover with Read Intentions or create with Instill first). You could do a weird reverse Bargain (Standard social pools) to convince her the task you're offering to complete is worth more. You could do an opposed Bureaucracy + Intelligence rolloff for contract negotiations. You could try to Threaten to intimidate her into more concessions, with all the consequences that entails.

Saiqa has silly high Resolve from one of her Workings, but not insurmountable to a Solar.

Oh wait! Her amulet! She held it up gently, why go through the trouble of looking when the thing would point her the way? Work smarter, not harder, as they always say. She waited to see the thin filament to her destination as she prided herself on being such a clever girl.

No need for either of you to beat around the bush not knowing where the other is. The moment either of you lays eyes on the other you'll be absolutely certain there's a connection. John won't have any idea why there's a connection, but Hazel will figure it out. The restaurant's not that big, and the kitchen is visible to the seating area. D. Rex D. Rex Rykon Rykon

No need for either of you to beat around the bush not knowing where the other is. The moment either of you lays eyes on the other you'll be absolutely certain there's a connection. John won't have any idea why there's a connection, but Hazel will figure it out. The restaurant's not that big, and the kitchen is visible to the seating area. D. Rex D. Rex Rykon Rykon

Okay then! Didn't know how it would work. If the amulet was taking her to John or someone else. We can make that next post then, since we are now both established in the restraint.

Its true that Lunars are generally more knowledgeable of the nature of a bond, correct? In that while she might not the specifics, she would know what the nature of their relationship is?

Either way, I think Hazel will tackle-hug John the moment she sees him.

Either way, I think Hazel will tackle-hug John the moment she sees him.

A dangerous thing to attempt in a kitchen moving at Exalted speeds! I'm sure absolutely nothing will go wrong there.

Yes, your Shahan-Ya (One-Tusk, I think?) would have explained what a Solar Bond was, and what it might feel like, if only so it doesn't blindside you at the wrong time. Solars typically lack suck knowledgeable mentors.

A dangerous thing to attempt in a kitchen moving at Exalted speeds! I'm sure absolutely nothing will go wrong there.

Yes, your Shahan-Ya (One-Tusk, I think?) would have explained what a Solar Bond was, and what it might feel like, if only so it doesn't blindside you at the wrong time. Solars typically lack suck knowledgeable mentors.
Sounds potentially compel worthy, if you ask me!

Haha, for it to be Compel-Worthy there have to be significant narrative complications that arise, with consequences that go beyond this scene. The only consequences I can think of for making a mess of John's kitchen is him or Kasra disliking you, and that doesn't sound like a fun outcome. Hmm, I suppose it would be a massive public display of affection, so rumours about what it signifies for the most eligible bachelor in the neighbourhood would spread like wildfire. I can't think of an obvious way that would dramatically complicate your life, though.

Haha, for it to be Compel-Worthy there have to be significant narrative complications that arise, with consequences that go beyond this scene. The only consequences I can think of for making a mess of John's kitchen is him or Kasra disliking you, and that doesn't sound like a fun outcome. Hmm, I suppose it would be a massive public display of affection, so rumours about what it signifies for the most eligible bachelor in the neighbourhood would spread like wildfire. I can't think of an obvious way that would dramatically complicate your life, though.
Fair enough! We wouldn't want all the Bachelorettes trying all the harder to win John's heart :p

If you really want to lean into that we could make it a compel, with the consequences being John's more powerful suitors start showing up to challenge Hazel for his hand. That threatens to derail the plot entirely into martial arts harem romcom if not done sparingly.

ukyo2.jpg

Last edited:
If you really want to lean into that we could make it a compel, with the consequences being John's more powerful suitors start showing up to challenge Hazel for his hand. That threatens to derail the plot entirely into martial arts harem romcom if not done sparingly.

ukyo2.jpg
That would certainly be a hilariously amusing result. Anime worthy, even.

However, we do have plenty of plot going on at the moment that we sadly do not want to derail it any further.

However. It could make for some fun fluff during times we aren't doing anything main. Like a sort of background C-plot. Of course, John being the target, Rykon Rykon say would be paramount.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back