Exalted III: Poorly-Named Game

Ukkoya

Ukkoya nods, her sympathetic expression unchanging. But. Eyes and spikes. Mutants coming aboard. This was more than what her crew signed up for.

She gets up and pokes her head out the cabin. She waves in Koarr. Half to him, half to Third Cloud, she says, "Could be quite the expedition to the Islands of Glass, bringing your men home. I'll have to give my men a vote on this." She drums her fingers against the back of her other hand. And it sounded like they'd need one more on board. She taps her thumb again. "The physician who saw you, would they be willing to travel to the Islands of Glass?"

As Ukkoya turns back her full attention to Third Cloud, Koarr leaves, closing the door. He makes to gather the crew below and give Gaern an update on mouths to feed, should the vote be favourable.

"I don't think I'd want demonic muscle, anyway. Seems like it might be more dangerous than protective.

And I prefer to do my negotiating personally.

I could use some agility, though. Do you have anything that could scout ahead of the ship, or maybe pull the ship along at a greater speed?"

"Not a chance. She's doing very well for herself as the only decent doctor who isn't a terrifying sorcerer on the island, she's got no reason to risk her life."

Your crew's personalities are totally undefined, at the moment. Heroic adventurers would definitely vote yes, normal people making a living would definitely vote no. What sort of people do you command?

"An Agata would make a fine scout for a ship, and can even accommodate a rider if need be." Kyros said. "If you were willing to delay your journey by a week, I could summon a swarm of them to pull the ship." He said with a touch of wry humor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ukkoya

She smiles ruefully. "Sensible of her. If the crew say yea, we may have to do the less sensible thing and ask one of these terrifying sorcerer-types. Could, eh, be fair unusual company." She wonders if it's futile to hope the one she has in mind would travel without a demonic entourage.

Let's go with mostly heroic sailors.

@JayTee:

"Heh, no. I'd rather not end up in your debt, and anyway I'm on a schedule here. But sure, I'll take an Agata. Might as well bring it out now, since I'm here."

@Cirno:

Koar comes back up after a few more minutes of small talk and tea-drinking.

"We voted to go, if you ask us to. Unanimously, though some of the ayes were pretty reluctant. Reln convinced the crew."

You know from experience that votes on ship tend to be more unanimous than they ought to be. Once most of the crew has voted one way, the left-overs usually go along with it. As long as they're not too strongly opposed.

Reln was a revolutionary on his home island, who tried to overthrow a tyrant and was exiled for it. He ended up with you after a series of adventures that cost him an eye. He's a convincing guy, and once he decides something is the right thing to do he's very hard to sway.

Hope you don't mind me making up crew members. You can veto that if you want.

Kyros clapped his hands once, and with a shimmer of iridescent light, an Agata materialized in to existence, awaiting a command from it's master. It's rainbow-wings thrumming softly as it swayed back and forth as it hovered in mid air.

"As you can see, it's sizable enough to fit two people, and lives to ferry passengers from one place to the next." He said.

"Wow, beautiful."

Red Wire is quiet for a moment.

"I'll take it.

Would you kindly tell it to obey me for the rest of the week?"

You know what would be a good Occult Charm? Commanding summoned spirits from afar. Base Charm might just tell them to Hurry Home, upgrade would allow full commands.

This comes to mind because of your hand-clapping trick. You can do that here because your demons live here, but it'd be cool if you could do it anywhere.

"Of course." Kyros said, before turning to the demon. "This is Red Wire, she is to be your new master for a week and a day, starting now. You will serve her as you would me, and devote yourself to the tasks she gives you." He said.

The Agata made a buzzing, hissing noise and spoke "Yes master, as you command." It said, before flying over to Red Wire and settling down on the ground as a sign of obedience.

To be honest I'd assumed that calling your demons to you from afar was a default ability for all summoned demons because of how Hurry Home was written. Could we attach that effect to Spirit Manifesting Word or Material Exegesis Prana if it's not?

"Thank you. I'll be back tonight to pick up the other demon."

Red Wire approaches the Agata cautiously and settles gingerly onto its back.

"Take me to the port. And don't go higher than seven feet."

She's clearly surprised by its speed, and her goodbye is cut off by the sudden movement of her new mount.

I'm confident that it's not included. And I think it's a powerful enough ability to be its own Charm. I'll mock something up when I put up my version of BlueWinds' rewrite.

Speaking of which, that should be ready within a week.

Anyway, I don't have anything planned for Kyros in the next few hours. You okay with waiting for Cirno?

Kyros suppressed a smirk at Red Wire's departure. With his business concluded for the day, he closed up shop early and went to the center of his Pagoda, before sending out the call. Soon, every demon he had summoned, save for one watching the path leading to his manse and the one had loaned to Red Wire, were kneeling before him, awaiting his instructions.

"As you may have heard, recently two of your number assaulted the vessel of Pa-El, and were killed. If any of you know how or why this happened, speak now." He said.

I got a few things I need Kyros to take care of, this being one of them. Also, here's another maxed out Lore check to try and break that memory curse myself.

Int 5 + Lore 5 + 10 via excellency = 20 dice and 5 successes after spending a WP. Lame.

Ukkoya

It was good to have Relm in agreement. They'd just have to make sure the reluctance didn't turn into dissent.

"Cheers," grins Ukkoya. She pours another cup for Koarr. The contents slosh as she slaps it into his grasp. "To our next expedition, fair winds an' following seas." She raises her cup to Third Cloud and downs it.

And then it was down to business. "Fit to travel, Third Cloud? We can make room aboard. Else I'd like to get your advice about our heading and navigation 'fore you head ashore." To Koarr, she says, "Meet back when you're done, eh?" referring to delegating tasks and checking on supplies.

Cirno:

"To the expedition!

And yes, I am ready to travel."

I'm assuming you're going to ask Kyros for his help here, so I'll just sit back and let you get to that...

If you're not, let me know.
JayTee:

"No boss."

"Sorry boss."

"Huh?"

None of them know. One of the blood apes, a smarter-than-average one named Svagrek, says that the dead apes were always idiots and that they might've just gotten it into their heads to start a fight.

Kyros cursed under his breath and dismissed the demons back to their posts after deciding against asking a few more follow up questions. He doubted it would prove helpful anyway. It seemed that whatever the source of this disruption was, he would have to figure it out on his own, later.

For now, he had a pickup to make. The sunlit cloth and pain stone he had left with the craftsmen was likely close to being finished, and he knew that it was likely he would need their magics.

Making it easy to meet up with Ukkoya by bumping in to each other in town.

Ukkoya

"Let's go see Reln then." She leaves Third Cloud to Reln, trusting Reln to give the quick tour and point him to a bunk. She pokes her head in to the galley to give Gaern a heads up.

And then she's striding out the docks, headed through town for--"Master Kyros. How goes?" She tips back her hat. "Would you be interested in talking business later today? Say, early bird dinner?"

My, but Kyros was mister popular today, wasn't he? First Pa-El, then Red Wire, and now on Ukkoya all sought his attention. At another time, Kyros supposed he would be flattered at the attention of all these women, but the experience was somewhat soured by the fact that one of them wanted his head.

"Ukkoya. Yes, I do believe I can make time." He said politely. "Might I enquire as to the purpose of this dinner?" He asked.

Ukkoya

She looks at him. No point in trying to out-class a mage.

"Eh. Would y' be receptive to a profitable venture to the Islands of Glass?" She grins lopsidedly. "Say yes 'n the purpose will be talkin' details. Say no 'nd the purpose will be charting Lorikeet's next expedition, provided she comes back in one piece."

Kyros considered a moment. He was loath to leave his Manse unattended. It had been a hard fought battle to win it back from the rogue spirits, and Pa-El may decide to take his absence as an opportunity to simply slay his demons herself and claim the manse for her own.

On the other hand, perhaps getting out of town for a while and letting things cool down would be for the best. He could take steps to secure some of his more important notes and research samples in case Pa-El tired anything, and after that it was only a matter of time before a second hoard of demons would descend on the manse so he could reclaim it.

"Hm. Getting out for a while might do me some good. I have a few things I need to take care of, but I can meet you later today at your ship." He said.

Ukkoya

"Afraid preparations will be underway. Not the most conducive place for a meal," she says apologetically. "How's about there, Master Kyros?" She flicks her thumb out at one of the nicer looking restaurants in view.

"That will do nicely." Kyros said with a nod. He looked up at the sky and noted the position of the sun. "It's around noon, shall we meet at, say, three o'clock?" He asked.

After picking up and adorning himself with his new mystic paraphernalia (and feeling more and more like a proper Sorcerer) Kyros had a few minutes to stop by his Manse and prepare a few documents that might be relevant to the upcoming meeting.

Once he was set, he set out towards the restaurant that Ukkoya had indicated, arriving at 3pm on the dot.

Glossing over the pickup and skipping to the meeting as discussed.

Ukkoya

Approaching one the side entrances, she doesn't see Kyros until they're both at the doors. Well. That was rather perfect timing.

She grins at Kyros, giving a half-wave, half-salute as she sails through to see the host about seating for two.

Mildly surprised to see Ukkoya arriving at the same time, Kyros bid her greetings before following her indoors. There, he settled down at the table they had been given and he placed his research materials off to the side for easy access. "I brought some documents along that might help with the planning." He said as the serving staff brought drinks. "Ideally with more information, I should be able to offer better insight."

Ukkoya

Ukkoya swirls the contents of her glass appreciatively. "You likely have more information than me, Master Kyros," she muses. "A man by the name of Third Cloud came t' us. His injured crew's stranded on the Islands." She takes a sip. "'nd some sort of monster, not that that's any indication of quality covetables." She waggles her eyebrows, looking to see if Kyros is up to the challenge.

Kyro's interest was piqued at the mention of a monster. While he had no illusions that he would find fantastic wealth and treasures on this expedition, the potential for exotic research materials was definitely appealing to him.

"You have my attention, Ukkoya. This definitely seems worth my while. When would we be departing?" He asked.

Users who are viewing this thread