• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Exalted 3rd ed- "Cold Blood" interest check

Sarky

Drunken master
Ahoy.

Mostly because Cthulhu_Wakes Cthulhu_Wakes kept bugging me, I've decided to try out a short Ex3 campaign. I know S Skrakes and Chaka Chaka have registered an interest, but I would like a perfect circle of 5 players so here's me putting some feelers out for interested folks to maybe throw out a character concept and we can see where it all ends up. I ain't taking more than 5 players.

A little sales pitch blurb:

Amidst sparse tundras and freezing oceans, the Haslanti League carves out a dynamic new civilisation, balancing city-states with nomadic tribes, pragmatic cooperation with fierce independence. The harsh lands breed dangers to match, but freedom from the jewelled boot of the Scarlet Empire and the insidious hand of the Guild is worth the risk to the disparate peoples of the League.

Which is not to say they shun help from outside. They are a very practical people, after all. Ruins and secrets of an Age long past remain frozen beneath the immense glaciers north of the White Sea, but perhaps once in a generation their inscrutable flow and ebb will cough up a secret Creation was better off forgetting. A colossal ocean vessel has emerged from the thawing glaciers, reeking of death and sowing madness in its wake. Haslanti war machines cannot scratch it, their cleverest minds cannot penetrate it. There is but one entrance, and the ancient wards proclaim that none but the children of the Unconquered Sun may freely enter.

To make an open call for help would be to admit weakness in a land that shows no mercy to the weak. And so the League's pantheon of gods use more subtle channels. The Ennead of Ice, Fate and Dreams reaches beyond their borders, speaking to Sun-blessed champions in their sleep, calling them to enter this floating necropolis and end its threat.

Characters would be starting Solars, with a backstory netting an extra 10 bonus points, giving you a total of 25 at character creation. Artifacts not in the 3rd ed book or custom evocations would need to be run by me first, but I'll consider any reasonable requests. The "omg you're a Solar TOO!?" thing has been done to death, so characters will at least know each other by reputation.

I'm planning a fairly diverse range of threats including demons, raksha, politics and assorted Grim Frozen North Tropes™. Set in and around the Haslanti League, mostly based off area lore from previous editions, seeing as I actually have those and we're unlikely to see another 3rd ed book in, ahem, some time.

Given how pricey martial arts are in 3rd ed I am considering offering a couple dots of Reputation or Face (from the 2nd ed books)if anyone really wants to go down that road. That said, combat will be a part of the game, not its sole focus.

So there it is. I'll give this a day or two, judge mercilessly, then see about setting things up.

Toodle-pip.

I've been leaning toward a character I've been thinking about for a while: Twilight, Brawl, Wood Dragon Claw.

Given the possibility of free Face (and that I've never really gotten to play a martial artist in Ex3), I'm considering a Zenith caste martial artist, quite possibly using Single Point Shining Into the Void style.

I'd like to try my hand at a Night Caste thief/assassin, if no one has claimed that niche yet.

More concretely, I'm thinking of a former Immaculate monk who was never really in it for the religion, but for the discipline and search for enlightenment. After Exalting, he's become more of a wandering teacher and swordsman, fixing small-time problems and broadening small-time minds.

I might well pick up the teaching Charms in Lore and War as well as MA.

Ah ha. Thanks to my ingenious planning and not at all laziness, it would seem I have the Eclipse Caste to fill to form this perfect circle.

Pondering that, I'm kinda tempted to play a dashing skyship captain. Bravado, aerial naval mayhem and obviously charisma out the ass.

So, are we making progress on this? I'm working on my character, and I've come up with quite the criminal entrepreneur.

Slowly building my Demetheus Archer-esque Dawn. Loud mouth, brazen, gets in way over his head, but luckily, he can kill everyone in the room with his bare hands. I like classic archetypes.

Sarky Sarky There is an Artifact that I'd like to get approved from DotFA; the Infinite Resplendence Amulet as a 4 dot item. Would that be ok?

Slowly building my Demetheus Archer-esque Dawn. Loud mouth, brazen, gets in way over his head, but luckily, he can kill everyone in the room with his bare hands. I like classic archetypes.
Linguistics specialty: Phrasing!

Sarky Sarky There is an Artifact that I'd like to get approved from DotFA; the Infinite Resplendence Amulet as a 4 dot item. Would that be ok?
Possibly, depending on the magical materials used. At 4 dots you get 2, which were you thinking of having?

Some real life things came up that need dealing with, so I'll not be online much for another couple of days and I'll not be making any decisions on players (Apart from Cthulhu_Wakes because, well, he's the one who persuaded me to come out of retirement and run this thing in the first place). If you have a character concept, post up a short description.

Possibly, depending on the magical materials used. At 4 dots you get 2, which were you thinking of having?
I was thinking Moonsilver and Starmetal. Thanks.

For a character concept:
[name to be determined] is the daughter of a powerful underworld leader. Following in her father's footsteps, the young criminal princess begins to learn how to be a thief of considerable talent. Soon enough, [name TBD] has control over a district of the city, with a loyal band of followers that answer to her. With plans in place to take over the criminal element of the city, [name TBD] continues to build her own personal empire, developing contacts and allies across the city.

I've got my character pretty much done, and have fleshed her out in my mind. All I'm doing now is just tweaking a point here and there, or arguing with myself about which Charms I need now compared to the ones I can afford to wait on and buy.

How is the progress on this game going? I'm looking forward to seeing what my character can do.

Still working on it. Parents having surgery do tend to have a distracting effect. All going well I'll be making decisions and kicking things off in a couple of days.

General Concept:
Roaring Wind is the fae-blooded sky captain. Few can deny he's dedicated to the Haslanti League though he is a bit of a mercenary at times. His skyship is his own, along with its dedicated crew. Few can deny his skill as a captain and commander aside from his obvious talent for words or swordplay. He's not above lying and trickery at times to achieve his goals.

Only item I'd ask about is if possible for him to have found a magitech airship. If not, that's fine, he'll just use a impressive League ship he's had worked on and upgraded from his ill-gotten gains.

Still working on it. Parents having surgery do tend to have a distracting effect. All going well I'll be making decisions and kicking things off in a couple of days.
Wow. Hopefully everything is going ok for you. I don't mean to be a bother; just excited about my character idea. Real Life takes priority, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back