• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Exalted 3e: What falls at Greyfalls

Since we got wood and earth and air, I think I'll go for water! Even though I completely forgot what that means lol, gonna read the dragon blooded book again here shortly.

Now then! I was lured here with the promise of sillyness, and am looking forward to trying out 3e.

Firstly, I want to make sure i got all 3e books. How many are there?

Also, this does seem like a pretty fun underdog story. But! Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws can you tell me a bit about what you are looking for when you said "best of the worst"? Cause given my noob status I bet I am in a fairly good position to make the best of the worst. Furthermore! What sort of tone are you wanting this game to take? A humorous spin? A dramatic tale of rising? A combination of both perhaps?

There is the core 3e book, then there is the Dragon Blood book for 3e. If you don't have the DB book, I can make arrangements to get a PDF to you, along with the last book that contains artifacts and weapons, Arms of the Chosen.

Cool beans I'll check here shortly.

As for my concept! I think I will throw out a rough draft.

A very smart water aspect, with great potential. But was hindered by incredible laziness and lack of ambition. Was sent away for slacking off or disappearing to go fishing and all around being a disappointment.

I have the current version I can send over soon. I just need to wrap up the end of my work day.

That's the old one, but it can be a starter for you. There are a few changes in it from the early release to the current version.

I am pretty confident that I am good with my sheet. I made some modifications to an old character that I ran that was a traveling magistrate Air Immaculate Monk, swapping a few Charms around here and there to make it a bit of a new build.

I can't wait to see them! I'd settle for hearing more!

I think I'm narrowing down my concept a bit more. A dynast of house Peleps, a disappointing only child of a famed Admiral. Sending them to Greyfalls so they cant ruin the reputation further. Maybe throw in some marriage intrigue about wanting to marry them off to salvage what they can of them.

I still need to decide on what sort of abilities to prescribe them. Water martial arts looks pretty fun. As does the trickster nature of water. So could play into the bureaucracy charms some too.

Would you like to see my character? I can PM it to you.

Sent over the books with some idle recommendations as well. Time to start working on my character.

Since we got wood and earth and air, I think I'll go for water! Even though I completely forgot what that means lol, gonna read the dragon blooded book again here shortly.

Now then! I was lured here with the promise of sillyness, and am looking forward to trying out 3e.

Firstly, I want to make sure i got all 3e books. How many are there?

Also, this does seem like a pretty fun underdog story. But! Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws can you tell me a bit about what you are looking for when you said "best of the worst"? Cause given my noob status I bet I am in a fairly good position to make the best of the worst. Furthermore! What sort of tone are you wanting this game to take? A humorous spin? A dramatic tale of rising? A combination of both perhaps?

Probably a combination of both. the campaign is likely to start fairly slow.

One thing I thought about last night before I fell to sleep.

The campaign starts shortly BEFORE the Empress disappeared.

Here is a thought. Would you like me to give Psychie a nudge and see if she would like to put in a character, too? I know she likes Exalted.

Hmmm? What's this? A Dragon Blooded 3e game with a bunch of my buds in it? And I just happen to have a character mostly done for a game that magnficentmomo started that died out that I could pull in with a few changes. Thanks for tagging me in this.

Yep, you only get the bother of adding 5 charms. That is, unless you have other things you'd prefer to change.

The truly beautiful part of this is, that makes this a perfect hearth of all 5 elements.

I'll be honest... the only thing that sold me on Wood Dragon Style was the ability to parry with my bow. (Native Dodge just seemed awkward for my aspect, and resistance alone is probably not the smartest idea)

I play a swordsman in way too many games, so I tried starting with an Archer based concept this time. Naturally that got way out of hand, and here we are.

Last edited:
3e Canon doesn't list the military commander in Greyfalls, so am fine with Cathak Kitono.

I found this if that helps. Mentions two military commanders. One being Cathak Kitono.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back