• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Exalted 3e: What Falls at Greyfalls (DB game) [IC]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Manato nods, beaming with satisfaction at how well the performance went. "You have quite an impressive talent as well! Your music and voice inspired me to do better than I thought I could." For Larissa's second song, he stayed silent and let the notes thrum in his ears. At its conclusion he gave a quiet, courteous applause. "Very beautifully done! Tell me, do you plan on attending tonight's party? The one held by the Satrap?"

Mnemon Larissa

She looks contemplative, then says, "Yes, I suppose I shall. It would be an insult to the Satrap to arrive in town and not make an appearance, wouldn't it? And while I try not to involve myself in the politics of the House, there are certain realities that even I cannot blind myself to. Will you be there? Perhaps you will be able to save me from the utterly boring and endless talk of politics."

"I'll definitely be there. I couldn't avoid a party an Exalt of my own house was throwing, much less the Satrap." Manato replied with a chuckle, though his voice became more subdued. "Even a sorcerer is expected to cater to the egos of socialites and power players. As for politics... well, I don't think there will be as much open discussion of that sort... I think those types will be more interested in gossiping about love affairs and the like. The more grounded of us will have plenty of good food, wine, music, and dancing though!"

Mnemon Larissa

Larissa lets out a shudder of mock horror. "Gossip of love affairs! Oh, the humanity!" She flings a hand over her head in truly dramatic fashion before collapsing to the ground, lifeless. But she cannot hold it for long before her shoulders begin shaking in laughter and she pulls herself up. "Oh, dear. That sounds absolutely wretched. I like the idea of the good music and dancing, though. It has been some time since I have had a good time to be able to kick up my heels and enjoy myself like that."

"I don't imagine they have much fun like that at the Cloister." Manato replied with a grin. "I'm rather surprised your humor survived this long, honestly. Everyone in my household seemed to shudder at the thought of an ascetic lifestyle, even if it was only for secondary school. Even with all those horror stories though, I can't say I was all that impressed with what I heard of the other schools either. Were it not for the library of the Heptagram, I'd have said the tuition was just thinly veiled robbery." He added with a shrug.

"Well, if you don't mind my asking, what brings an esteemed scion of Mnemon trained by the Cloister out to this sin-ridden corner of the Threshold?"

Mnemon Larissa

"All the sin," she quips. "Seriously, along with my duties in the Immaculate Order, I am also a Magistrate, appointed by the Empress herself to uphold Her laws and maintain order, even in the Satrapies. I have had extensive training in crime scene investigation, and on more than one occasion, have been called on to solve crimes that the local magistrates could not, especially when dealing with matters of House Mnemon. But while that is my own House, I have had once been forced to find a noble of my own House guilty of a vile murder, one that he thought his station would be able to hide. It was a disappointment to have to render my judgement, but I did so knowing that the victim's family had to know the truth."

"That sounds like an awful position to be in. I respect your commitment to your ideals, but to wade through such negativity so frequently has to leave a heavy burden on the soul. You seem like a kind, gentle one at that. My talents are poorly suited to most pursuits of justice, but I'm more than happy to help if you ever need a hand. Much of my research for my life's work seems to be hitting a standstill anyway." Manato had poured himself more fresh tea and paused to take a pull of it. Once the warmth began to settle in his chest, he spoke again. "Still, I just can't imagine how intense all that has to be. Regardless, I really do hope the party helps you unwind. I'd rather hope it didn't turn into more work for you, but knowing my kin... Well, let's not rule anything out yet."

Quite by coincidence - or perhaps the machinations of a Chosen of Serenity - Zunoh decided to visit the same teahouse Manato and Larissa were at. He hitched Benali up at the post himself, and then stepped into the establishment, where he would be seated at a table adjacent to that of the other two Exalts. He recognized Manato immediately - having seen him around the place a couple of times, although the two of them had never spoken beyond a few words of greeting - but Larissa was a mystery to him, owing to her recent arrival in the city.

He would place his order - jasmine tea - and wait for it to arrive. He made no attempt to speak to the other two Dynasts for the moment, not wanting to cut in on whatever it was they were doing.

Last edited:
Lugara didnt mind in the least, as a matter of fact he probably got a bit distracted from his original goal flipping through a couple completely unrelated books. When he did (eventually) regain focus, he would try to find a select few.

First and foremost, one regarding the river fish of the region. It would be nice to see if anything was unique or challenging enough to aim for. Preferably something really hard to lure so he had all the excuse to just lay on the bank and do nothing.

Secondly, he would see if he could find something that contained weather spirits. In that maybe he might find some link to the occult and the weather patterns he had witnessed. Maybe some inspiration the crafter used when making the artifact to help him narrow down what to look for.

But if such a book wasnt in the library, he would settle for one of local weather patterns. Maybe he could compare it to what happened during the duel for some sort of clue.

Lastly, he would see if he could find anything about Greyfalls itself. If it was a place of some power. Was it common for it to resonate with power. Maybe if there was a link it could help him find the answer. Or that if it wasnt the falls, then it was certainly the swords power alone.

Something in him felt a little giddy about the mystery. He would happily find the most comfortable spot in the tower to focus on his research.

Of course he new first hand(pun) that reading a book was not as smooth as it used to be. But it wasnt so laborsome that he minded, and he had all day to look into these things. Except for scrolls though... They kept rolling back up and quickly became more trouble than they were worth.

While reading about the local fish, you find an interesting fact. It seems that in the past 5 decades, a type of fish native to the eastern part of the Southern Deljie river, has been spreading to this parts. It can grow to large size, but it more of a lazy fish, unless it is disturbed, in which case, it can even demolish the river's banks.

There is a section on local spirits, but that section seems to be restricted to the Immaculate Monks, why, is a mystery.

oddly enough, there is nothing in the library at all about the powerful Manse that sits atop the waterfalls. it's like the place is a well-kept secret, even if the Manse itself is powerful, and you can feel it's thrum through he dragon lines, even here.

Cathak Alys

Now out of her bath, Alys will dress in a fine outfit of a daughter of a Great House. Still, she takes a few minutes to debate if she should wear her armor or not. Its not like the Wyld Hunt is taking place here, but Anathema can hide anywhere. I'd best be prepared. She goes ahead and suits up with both armor and sword, then calls forth the flames of her Anima to banish them away until they were needed once more. There. Let some fool think I were some easy mark, helpless and unarmed. Time to stretch my legs and enjoy the outdoors at the market.

Setting a pleasant pace, Alys walks out of the manor home that she has been staying at since her arrival at the Falls, heading into the heart of the city, enjoying the sights and sounds of the world around her.

The good mood that she is feeling is dampened by the memory that there was a Wyld Hunt that was nearly wiped out to the last man not that long ago. With her own memories of how her father and uncle fell to one of the Moon Mad, she is now inspired to go and seek out the survivor of this attack and learn more about what happened. Perhaps it is time for her blade to taste Anathema blood once more.

The city is drab, what with winter just around the corner, you can feel your breath getting colder as it leaves your mouth. In fact, it seems as if you can actually feel the temperature falling around you, and you can see that the mortals around you are shaking with the cold, and are moving slower.

While reading about the local fish, you find an interesting fact. It seems that in the past 5 decades, a type of fish native to the eastern part of the Southern Deljie river, has been spreading to this parts. It can grow to large size, but it more of a lazy fish, unless it is disturbed, in which case, it can even demolish the river's banks.

There is a section on local spirits, but that section seems to be restricted to the Immaculate Monks, why, is a mystery.

oddly enough, there is nothing in the library at all about the powerful Manse that sits atop the waterfalls. it's like the place is a well-kept secret, even if the Manse itself is powerful, and you can feel it's thrum through he dragon lines, even here.

Lugara was quite tickled to have found his spirit animal in these rivers. This would certainly be a fun little challenge to kill time with. Especially if he could find a big one... though. He would need to figure out a way to do it. He couldn't very well pull in a creature that big with only one arm, he'd have to get creative. Heh, maybe there was a way to make the fish do all the work for him. He'd figure that out later.

Now, likely one of the best ways to get a water aspect to want to learn something, is to tell them that they weren't privy to that knowledge. Lugara was no exception. And this was the first time since ever that he had wished he had sworn into the Immaculate Philosphy while at the Cloister of Wisdom... but even that was too much work. Hmm, there was a party tonight, so perhaps he could befriend an Immaculate to get the book for him.

The odd lack of mention of the manse of the falls was a particular curiosity. He looked out the window towards the falls. People didn't hide stuff without some good reason. And if there was something worth hiding about the falls, then maybe it wasnt just his imagination. That there was some sort of resonance that happened during his meditation. But if the library here couldn't help, then perhaps he would ask around later. And see what else might happen during his next meditation.

Now, however, he had fish to read about! And so, Lugara would sit there, peacefully reading more about this lazy fish. Its diet. Habitat, name and entomology, the sort of habitat it came from, and other such details of its biology.

Psychie Psychie
There, Lugara would stay, in his little book. And should Alys find him, She would see a rather peaceful looking man, bearing the main colors of house Peleps, with a sword at his side in a white jade scabbard. And the left sleeve of the kimono/haori hanging empty and limp at his side.

Alys would be shivering a little by the time she gets to the place that Lugara is staying, not used to the chilly temperatures. Is this normal weather for this part of the world? If so, I need to remember to dress warmer when I go out next time. She approaches the man in the kimono with the missing arm, and offers up a polite bow. "Greetings. I am Cathak Alys, and I have heard that there is a survivor of a recent Wyld Hunt that was nearly wiped out that I would like to speak with. Do you know who this person is, and if so, where I could find him or her?"

Psychie Psychie

"Well of course I know him," he said, closing the book gently,"He's me." He said , look at her with a polite smile. For someone who had recently been part of a massacre, he certainly seemed a bit serene.

He stood up slowly, mostly to keep his balance, and offered her a bow in return. "I am Peleps Lugara Kiro, and you have heard heard correctly."

Lugara found it curious someone was looking for him about it. Though he had expected it would be asked about at some point. He was a reasonable man, so had no qualms in answering questions.

"How can I be of service?"

Everyone
You can all start to feel the temperature drop. But while it is a bit sudden, it seems like the folks here anticipate it, as they seem to have carried with them extra clothes to compensate for it.
But you, who seem to have been left in the dark about it, can feel the old seeping in.

Zunoh would shiver a little as he felt the temperature decrease, having never felt such a thing in his prior six months here.

Manato suddenly feels the chill hit his bones. As if by instinct he reaches for the hot tea to warm up. "Wow, looks like winter's come early. You warm enough Larissa? There are a few good tailors back towards the heart of the market, if not."

Mnemon Larissa

With a bit of a shiver, Larissa pulls her robes tighter around her and reaches for a fresh pot of tea. "My goodness. Quite a chill. I should remember to dress warmer next time that I head out. Is this normal for this time of year?"

Manato removes the scarf from around his neck and offers it to Larissa. "I wouldn't know, I haven't been here long enough to get a feel for the seasons here. Please, take this to keep warm for now. I've got some errands to run after tea, so I can acquire warmer attire then. Might be a chance to acquire some impressive threads for yourself if you intend to make your peers envious or instill respect."

Cathak Alys

Sizing up the man, Alys finally says, "I was interested in learning more of the Anathema that attacked you. I have faced off against several in Wyld Hunts of my own, but this one sounds like it was different somehow. Would you mind telling me what happened?"

A surprising chill of cold swept through the air, even in such a place as this library. A bit odd. Reminded him of sailing past cold water currents. Perhaps a change in the wind, blowing cool air from the falls, he reasoned. He adjusted his haori to make himself a little warmer.

"I suppose I can tell a little story. There were reports of a young anathema. Clearly one who had only recently been tainted. The hunt was about a dozen strong, with several Monks, given that I was in the area I was asked to go along, just in case."

"We found him not but a week later, and tracked him for two days until we finally caught up. However, he wasnt alone. There were two other anathema present. One was young, much like the target. The other was much older. A balding man, long mustache, fine yellow robes. One of the Blasphemous. And Judging from how they acted, he seemed to be their leader."

"We attacked swiftly. And, well... it didnt go that good. While The two young ones battered the soldiers, the Monks were cut down instantly. That's not hyperbole either. The man moved with the same style as I use. Single point that shines into the Void. He moved faster than anything I had seen. And he apparently found it very amusing that I was taking up such a style against him. Amusing enough that he wanted to have a duel."

Lugar's scratched the back of his neck a bit curiously at the next thought."I dont know why. He outclassed me with every movement. They were perfect. Our swords clashed for well over an hour. Not because I was good enough to defend him, but because he wished it to. I cant remember when I noticed, but the skies had grown dark. And the longer we fought, it was as if a a storm brewed with us at its epicenter."

"At this point, even the soldiers and other Anathema had stopped to watch. It wouldn't last much longer though..."

"I could see it in his eyes. In his stance. As we stood there watching each other, I knew I was about to be struck down for good. I readied myself anyway, figured I would give it one last go. He was going to swing down, a single cleave down the middle, through my sword and through me. He was aiming for the sword, knowing I would have no choice but to block. The tell was obvious..."

"I switched my hands, and when we struck each other, I moved into his swing while blocking with the sword. I thrust with the scabbard instead."

"The good news is, i didnt die. But you could say that he left me... disarmed. It was, however, the first time I even touched him. Even if it was just to give his moustache a little shave. Unfortunately I was done after that. My arm was gone and I was bleeding bad. But there was no killing blow."

"Its unusual for the style," he mused," but this was the first time he sheated his sword. And when he did, there was a flash and a great sound of thunder. Lightning was everywhere. It struck down and killed the soldiers faster than he killed the monks."

"Though not me. I was left helpless there to look up at him from on my knees. His two lackeys looked confused, and were petitioning him to kill me. But he didn't. Rather, to their horror and my confusion, he took his sword and dropped it to the ground. All he said was that we would meet again, and that he was looking forward to it. He walked away after that. And I made my way here."

Lugara didnt have the look of one who suffered a hopelessly crushing defeat. No, rather, the look on his face was one of puzzlement and contemplation. But such is a water aspect. "That man, he was a master beyond any level that I have seen in my training. Every movement and strike and parry and dodge was effortless and fluid. Perfect, I'd say. We never had a chance. Even if we had another dozen Immaculates, I'd be confident in saying they would likely fall as well."

Lugara then look down at his hip. "And that is the sword he left behind. I've been trying to figure out what it is exactly. I cant even draw the blade."

Psychie Psychie

Cathak Alys

She is quiet during the story about the loss of life. "That is quite a story, and I am sorry for your loss. I, too, have suffered at the hands of the Anathema." The many scars on her are clearly visible, marring what would normally be a very pretty face. "Because of that, I have set my sights on the elimination of as many of these monsters as I can, focusing especially on the Moon Mad, like the one that killed my own family members and marked me this way before I could kill it."

Alys idly wonders about just why the Anathema would leave the sword behind, and why it was impossible for Lugara to draw from the sheath. "That weapon is a puzzle. Tell me, have you tried to attune yourself to it? Perhaps it is protected by magics that keep it in the sheath until such time as it is drawn by its 'rightful' owner."

Lugara looked over the Cathak. "The Anathema do have a knack for such things dont they." He said. When he looked over the scars, the ones he could see, it wasn't a desecration of beauty that he thought a out. No, scars meant something deeper. "But you survived." He said with a smile. "The only mark you have revieved, shows your determination to do just that. Though I am sorry to hear about your family, though if it wasn't for you and them, I can only imagine how many more that Anathema would have killed. I do not know them, but I shall look upon their memory fondly."

Lugara drew his attention back to the sword. "I thought the same. I am attuned, it or at least, I have tried. I am wary to rush into throwing more of my essence into a gift from one of them. There is something very potent about this artifact. It has an aura about it like I haven't felt with any artifact I have handled before."

Lugara removed the Daiklave and set it on the table to inspect. Running his hand along the white jade scabbard. "However, it is not useless even at it is now. Even within the scabbard, its balance is remarkable. It moves as if it were naked. A strike from the scabbard could crack a skull as easily as slice it in half."

"However, until I recover, my use if it is limited. And with one arm now, there is much about my style and form that I need to adjust and re learn."

Psychie Psychie

As a pause appeared in the conversation between Manato and Larissa, Zunoh would clear his throat in the hope of getting their attention.

"Greetings to the both of you. I hope I am not intruding on anything, but I have something I would like to discuss with Cynis Manato." he said with a polite smile.

Manato looked up from his seat at Zunoh with a curious expression "Ah, please, have a seat friend. How can I help?" It was clear he wasn't expecting requests from someone appearing to be a part of the legion, but this didnt strike him as abnormal.

Last edited:
Zunoh was pleasantly surprised at the offer to join the pair at their table, but he nevertheless sat down. "It's not a matter of me requiring help." he assured the Wood Aspect. "I am Tepet Zunoh of the Greyfalls garrison. And recently I've heard talk among my fellow officers that you are hoping to - what's the word - modify claw striders so that they can fly and breathe fire, among other things, and then train them as mounts for the Realm armies."

His tone throughout this explanation was one of intrigue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back