• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Exalted 3e: What Falls at Greyfalls (DB game) [IC]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
"As well, I am Peleps Lugara Kiro. As well a man of little import." He watched the mans eyes drift to that of the frame of quite the cute woman. Lugara smiled. "Don't restrict yourself to my company on my account. There is too much of the night to enjoy without being tied to me. After all, I do believe there are some fine cheeses and exotic fruits calling my name." And also a potentially amiable Immaculate to find. By the Lady Satrap perhaps. Or among some other clusters of guests.
Cathak Alys

She lets out a snort. "Hardly a man of little import. Not every Dynast has what it takes to stand up against Anathema, let alone take a grievous wound like that and still keep your spirits up. C'mon, Lugara. Lets see how good this buffet that the Satrap has set up for us is."

Manato locked arms with Larissa, chuckling at Alys's eagerness to try the food. "Well, if you find it not to your liking, I'm sure I can make up for the disappointment another time." He turned back to Larissa with his own smile. "I'm sure we'll meet up with Lugara, Zunoh, and Alys here again soon. Let's do the rounds of introductions to see how things are going with our peers." With that, he'd press on to make a lap of the room to check in on the various guests as well as to introduce himself and the Magistrate. Among the chief figures he was looking for were Cynis Verheen the Satrap, Knife Dancer the garrison commander, Pazal Jat the majordomo of the Empress' ceremonial residence in the Greyfalls, and if the mortal was invited, Thay Small-Shadow the green-haired princess of the local Nuri clan.

[I've named the major players mentioned in the Realm so referencing is less of an issue. Please let me know if I should redact any of that information. Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws ]

Lygara could help but let out a small laugh, "You honor me, Alys. Talk like that will lend to people getting the wrong idea. After all, it was you that cut one down in its rampage."

He thought about,"But perhaps I am being too humble. I suppose that I am simply not used to such praise." He smiled at the thought. His family hearing he achieved anything of note and them laughing in disbelief and asking if they got the names mixed up. Still... word was getting around, ot seemed. That eventuality was inevitable at this point.

"And yes, lets." To the buffet!

Now! Here came a bit of a tricky bit he hadn't even considered. Helping himself with one hand. An easy work around, at least, albeit a roundabout one.

Lugara would acquire himself a suitably broad goblet, setting it down periodically to place inside various cheeses and colorful fruits. Oh! And some of those glorious little sausages that only the finest parties ever seemed to have.

A high class dining techinque? No, probably not. But he could navigate around the faux pa with a bit of weaseling if need be.

This being a remote outpost, it would be wrong to say that the higher-ups are luminaries of their House, but they are certainly respected.

Manato and Larissa

As Manato is making the rounds to introduce Larissa, he can see that Verheen is looking at him, and is beckoning him to join her, with his companion.
hen they come close she says "This is my distant newphew Manato, who flt that learning music was almost as important as learning Sorcery, at the Heptagram. But at least he graduated." And then she turns her head, and you can see the snicker on Pazal Jat's face, as he responds to her introduction with a flourish that serves more to show off his grand and intricate golden outfit than to show you any respect "As I'm sure you are aware, I never graduated, but here i am, serving our Empress as the majordomo of her residence here. And unlike some, nobody is so easily gonna replace me." That last remark seems to hit a nerve, for a brief second, in Satrap Varheen.

Zunoh, Lugara, and Alys

As you three approach the buffet, and pick your food, you come close to Deep Granite, an Immaculate Earth Aspect, who serves as the local scholar-in-residence, as well as the head of the Immaculate Monks in the city. "I hope you three are ready to serve, as I have heard some rumors of another Moon-Mad in the area." He says this comment without looking at you, and with no preamble, but it is clear he's talking to you, because you are the only group of three nearby.

D. Rex D. Rex does Lugara carry Stormcaller on his person?

Lugara paused at the news, and shuffled the food in his cup. He tilted his head and regarded the man. "Is this related to the the issue with the Anathema from not but a week ago?"

"An odd time, then, to be having a party." Lugara pointed out. He knew better than to suggest not serving to an Immaculate. He could already anticipate the answer. 'Your well enough to stand, your well enough to fight'.

Lugara cast his gaze about the room. Regarding folk for the first time. Rumors of a moon mad. Stealers of faces, and devourers of children. He kept a particular eye out for people who might be acting off. It never hurt to check. The dead end of Greyfalls might lend to easy pickings.

Stormcaller was resting on his left hip.

With a shrug, Lugara brought the food to his lips. Pausing, "How well founded are the rumors?" He asked.

Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws

Zunoh concealed his alarm at the news that another Anathema was rumored to be in the nearby area, and turned to listen as Lugara asked about these rumors.

Zunoh, Lugara and Alys

Deep Granite turns to regard you, his face devoid of emotion, beofre he answers "The one from a week ago has up and disappeared, even though he left one standing." And he points at your sheathed sword "And apparently left behind his Artifact sword. Might this not be a sort of curse or some sinister trap meant for the unwary?"

He then regards the trio, before he continues, his voice slow, and timbery "I have it on high authority that the Moon Mad will be making an attempt at the library here. though am not sure what info it seeks."

Lugara arched a brow. "The thought had occurred to me. I assure you that I am not approaching it without due caution, and am looking into the matter."

"But it being a trap would serve little purpose. He could have killed me then. If it was a curse to spread, he had no idea who I was or where I may have ended up. It would have been a waste of an artifact, with a very low chance of getting any result he would have wanted."

An idea formed rather suddenly is his head. "I haven't fully recovered, but I do wish to give aid as I can. If you would like, I can add my eyes to the library. To lie in wait should this Anathema get that far." Indeed, far easy he go himself than rely on

Manato groaned internally to have to witness such a petty power play at the expense of his own house. He vented his frustrating by attempting to verbally slap the taste out of the majordomo's mouth. "I didn't think you thought so low of the Empress to think she couldn't hire a house sitter." Manato said with a shrug, not really caring about how deeply his words offended the man. "I suppose if the realm should suffer so greatly at your loss then we're all in dire straits. We'll just have to increase subsidies for the education of the small folk it seems. It might actually grant us a chance at entertaining dialogue. Perhaps, I should discuss the matter with house Nellens. What do you think honored aunt of mine?" Manato smiled then turned to Larissa. "Magistrate Larissa?"

Mnemon Larissa

Larissa takes a sip of wine as a way to conceal the wince at the play by play she is witnessing. "I have little personal knowledge of the situation here to be able to make an informed opinion, but I am sure that the Empress, may she live forever, has a plan in mind for the Falls. She always seems to have a plan; my great grandmother likes to think in the long term for the good of the Empire."

Manato felt the venom in his mouth recede along with his temper as Larissa spoke, realizing his protective instincts were getting the better of him. "Wise words, my lady. Were anyone truly irreplaceable our beloved mother, the Empress, would be unable to elevate their station. I am sure this charming vista is but one stop on the road she has for each of you. I hope this road leads the two of you in harmony with the Dragons." Manato finished with a bow.

I really hope that patrician learns to mind his manners before he earns his place in an early grave. Others here aren't as liable to be as patient with his pride. Manato thought, wishing to be far removed from the fallout of Pazal Jat's folly.

Zunoh, Lugara and Alys

Deep Granite turns to regard you, his face devoid of emotion, beofre he answers "The one from a week ago has up and disappeared, even though he left one standing." And he points at your sheathed sword "And apparently left behind his Artifact sword. Might this not be a sort of curse or some sinister trap meant for the unwary?"

He then regards the trio, before he continues, his voice slow, and timbery "I have it on high authority that the Moon Mad will be making an attempt at the library here. though am not sure what info it seeks."
Cathak Alys

With narrowing eyes, all sense of a pleasant buzz is quickly fading from Alys as she hears word that there is one of her hated foes around, especially one of the Lunar Exalted. "What authority speaks to you about this Anathema attacking the library? How reliable is your source, and do you have any idea on when this attempt is going to be made? It would be madness even for one of the Moon Mad to come here tonight with so many Dynasts here to be able to do something about it."

Zunoh was a little taken aback at the fiery tone with which Alys questioned Deep Granite about the supposed Anathema, worried that in might offend the Immaculate.

"Forgive Cathak Alys's fervor." he said in a tone that hopefully wouldn't sound too reproachful towards her. "We simply prefer to have as much information as possible when dealing with threats to Greyfalls, or the Realm."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back