• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Exalted 3e - The Underways

I think that's fine to begin with. She's also got a past she's fleeing from, so being in a place where no one knows her is enough for now. The whole morality of undeath business can take a backburner until the game's gotten going.

You're welcome to shoot for it then, but I'm going to want a pretty convincing reason to have that sword as a Solar.

I'm considering an Eclipse airship captain. I'll have to cram the 3ed. Info into my head, but hopefully I can have something in the next day or so.

If you have room, I'm interested in joining a 3e game.

I can fit in any caste, though I'd like to give Night a shot. If not Ican certainly fill any gaps or try the insanity of supernal craft.

Last edited:
So, I have a Dawn swordsman, and Psychie is pulling out a Twilight spellcaster of some sort. What is everyone else doing for their submissions?

My alternate combat style involves a bow, since I only have enough Essence to throw Obsidian Butterflies twice.

That is one downside to the starting Essence totals of 3e. We'll hit Essence 2 soon enough.

I'm apparently going to have to reread the sorcery section, as i thought sorcerous motes were drawn from outside.

I haven't read that section, so I don't know. I was just assuming that it was regular old motes.

Wow. I just checked the book, and it is quite a bit different.

So note to players. Attempts to throw 2e magic will fizzle.

Hmm, maybe i should have fair folk use 2e as their schtick. Lol

Can a sorcerer use a Excellency to boost their Sorcerous Mote accumulation?

Thanks for the heads-up about the difference in the motes. I had only skimmed through the new rules on that.

That's cool. It makes it possible to cast those expensive spells in a reasonable amount of time.

So, I have a Dawn swordsman, and Psychie is pulling out a Twilight spellcaster of some sort. What is everyone else doing for their submissions?
Eclipse Airship Captain. Was suddenly inspired by Zaphod Beebilbrox last night, but don't think I could pull that level of crazy off.

For whatever reason, I was waiting for a characters thread, I'll complete mine momentarily and send what I have.

Edit: I'll go ahead and post what I compiled for the curious...

• Maxburn.png
    Name: Maximillian Ashburn
    Caste: Night
    Concept: Underworld Brawler
    Supernal: Dodge
    Hometown: Port Calin

Background
    Max grew up in Port Calin as the child of a coal miner and a minor bureaucrat. With an older sister and younger brother, the boy was often left to his own troublesome devices as a kid, getting dragged into fights often from school age and well into adolescence. Shortly before graduating primary school, however, what was once a fairly stable home, turned to turmoil when his mother came down with a sudden illness. Max dipped out of school to watch over his ailing mother for two years while the family supported his older sister Liz in finishing school and younger brother Alan in primary school.

Given old habits, it was a matter of time before Max began wandering out of the house while his mother lay in bed rest while his father worked the mines. Money'd been hard to come by and so Max ran with a few different street crews, mostly swiping small bits here and there off of passing nobles. Eventually, Max walked off the street and into the fighting pits, growing tired of petty crime.

Underground fighting was legally frowned upon, mostly due to the brutality and deaths. For Max, it was what helped him feel most alive, weaving around the clumsy, battering the arrogant. The adrenaline, the achievement, the perfection of self... all of it drove his hunger for more. Eventually, the risk and reward method of earnings became too much, when the father came home late, missing a leg.

From that day til Exaltation, Max took jobs as a personal guard and consultant for higher class thugs, making some contacts with bigger crime lords and some dirty merchant princes. It didn't always come with the high prize purse like the underground fight club, but it was stable, reliable, and mostly safe... so long as cooler heads prevailed. The bosses and associates often spoke of the benefits and virtues of Guild enlistment, Max shirked such invitations well into adulthood, seeing himself as somehow cleaner from his disassociation with the roots of greater evils than himself.

When he did finally take the second breath, he'd Exalted under the full sight and fury of a Dynast while protecting a mobster's son. Max has had to flee his hometown to search for a new path while making sense of his new place in the world. Taking the only road he knew he could manage, the young fighter ran north to stow away with a caravan.

Relationships
    Liz often voiced regret for Max's path, feeling as if she held some fault for some perceived theft of opportunity. Max has noticed a hint of such feelings, but was never able to discuss her move into their mother's field, and how proud he was of her. Being on the run on the Anathema has made keeping contact very difficult.

Alan and Max always were at odds, brotherhood rivalry runs hot with those of similar age and Alan always balked at the scorn levied at him for Max's reputation as a ruffian and thief. Max had fled before they could reconcile bad blood and has no idea how his brother took the news of him being a Solar or even if he knows at all.

Last Max knew both parents were either sick or crippled at home and in the care of his sister now entering the workforce while his brother Alan struggles through Secondary School.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back