• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Exalted 3E - Tale of a Falling Empire OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
D. Rex D. Rex I don't mind the idea of you having a Warstrider. But just like Psychie said, there will be times that you'll be stuck in a fight without it.

D. Rex D. Rex I don't mind the idea of you having a Warstrider. But just like Psychie said, there will be times that you'll be stuck in a fight without it.
I am thinking that a Warstrider might be a bit expensive in Merits, and that there will be many times that you will not have access to it, tying up those points that could be used in other areas. Also, the cost of maintaining it will be quite high.

But, that being said, I have no objections to it so long as you understand the potential drawbacks to such an item.

That is indeed some of the challenges that occurred to me. And each i'm hoping to play on.

1. Expense: i think it takes 10 merit points to outright purchase a Warstrider. I can get around this with BP if Jaydude wishes me to go that route. As well as needing BP to put my athletics and lore into acceptable levels. The specialties can be assigned via the starters thankfully. One for lore and athletics. And unless there is a resident warstrider mechanic in Kendara, I'm going to need one in craft too. This is altogether miniscule in comparison to number 2.

2. Upkeep. Getting a warstrider is the easy part. Maintenance is the biggy. (Assuming I am doing it all alone with my own provisions) If I am to provide my own parts. I thing I need at least a resource 4 purchase that consist of two wagon loads of materials. I will also need appropriate experience and tools. So investment in craft skill is needed. Regular maintenance is one thing. Actual repairs is another. Because every injury penalty makes it even longer to recover a health level. For example. A -4 penalty requires a week to recover. And incapacitation is a real bitch. Not to mention, if I want full repair proficiency, I need 5craft(artifacts) 5 lore, and 5 occult AND terrestrial circle sorcery to get 1 craft (first age artiface). Without first age artifice, my repair and maintenance is done at a +3 difficulty. Of which I need to make a maintenance check every 10 hours of operation (int+craft) at difficulty 3 (or 6 if not specialized) + wound penalties. Not to mention repairing health level requires the use of silver craft points (which i need to learn how to acquire).

A lot of this can be alleviated with help from proficient NPCs, a suitable workshop, and generous friends. But all this does give plenty of gameplay, and opportunities for connections and teamwork.

3. Going without. Ah! Perhaps the most interesting part. Because not only do I have incentive to keep my warstrider in good repair, but the investment required to be a warstrider pilot means I can't steal the show. I will rely a lot on you all. Out of warstrider, I am a bit of a squish. While not useless in combat, I am much less useful. Even getting in and out of the warstrider takes crucial time. Time, in some circumstances, that may need to be bought with blood. I think this can provide a pretty interesting challenge as my role essentially becomes Artillery and tank within, and support and glass cannon without. As well as giving me plenty of reason to put spotlights on you all as I hide behind you crying and afraid because my Gundam broke.

But in return, especially if we find ways to invest together, we get a powerhouse that can help us turn the tides against the anathema forces.

jaydude jaydude
The map isn't showing up in the lore post on my end.

Let's see, if the others are okay with me going warstrider.

A few things I might need from you.

1. Will I start out with a warstrider? (I'm okay with not starting out with one since it saves me from having to spend the merit points on the purchase and get ine naturally instead)

2. If I am starting with one, which one am I starting with? I figure that is a decision best left to you since they are rare. And I would need that information to build my skills around it. As well as how many merit points I need to painfully spend on it.

Let's see, if the others are okay with me going warstrider.

A few things I might need from you.

1. Will I start out with a warstrider? (I'm okay with not starting out with one since it saves me from having to spend the merit points on the purchase and get ine naturally instead)

2. If I am starting with one, which one am I starting with? I figure that is a decision best left to you since they are rare. And I would need that information to build my skills around it. As well as how many merit points I need to painfully spend on it.

1. It's honestly up to you. If you want to spend points to start with one, it'll be waiting for you in Kandara, in good repair and ready to use. If not, it MAY be waiting for you in Kandara, but finding it and/or getting it working will take up at least one story of its own.

2. You can start with Emerald Chevalier (Arms of the Chosen page 157). It and Crusading Spear are the only ones you can get Resonance bonuses for, and in its current state, I imagine this game will focus way more on land combat than it will naval combat.

Last edited:
1. It's honestly up to you. If you want to spend points to start with one, it'll be waiting for you in Kandara, in good repair and ready to use. If not, it MAY be waiting for you in Kandara, but finding it and/or getting it working will take up at least one story of its own.

2. You can start with Emerald Chevalier (Arms of the Chosen page 157). It and Crusading Spear are the only ones you can get Resonance bonuses for, and in its current state, I imagine this game will focus way more on land combat than it will naval combat.
Then its definitely wiser to purchase it now. But mostly because it seems we don't often make it to the end of a story.

Lol it wasn't my favorite of the options. Was never a centaur guy. But upon looking it over more thoroughly. It does look like it can be a lot of fun. Plenty of charging, lol would certainly be a lot of places at once.

Though! I am going to have to learn about rushing and aiming and how they work to make the most of its mechanics since a lot of them seem to revolve around rushing.

Tsendrog1.png

That's funny. I never knew that I was gaming with celebrities.

Not done yet. But I think I got a concept of where I'm going.

Ledaal Fel, promising rookie of the air aspect, has graduated at the top of [warstrider school]. His selection in piloting one of the rare few Warstriders has lead his family to support this, and has rewarded him with the backing and resources needed to excel in the Wyld Hunt, seeing this as a great opportunity to invest in their families role as watchdogs of the realm.

I believe that the House of Bells is the Realms' military school.

I believe that the House of Bells is the Realms' military school.
Yeah. Thats what I was originally thinking.

But also given some of the requirements of warstriders, craft/lore/occult are required for working on one. As well as terrestrial circle sorcery. All of which are fulfilled by the Heptagram. Wherein one could also learn workings of the first age and artifacts.

But it also requires a lot strength and athletics as well as the ability to fight while inside one. And given you can't spell warstrider without war, cloister of bells surely could teach it too.

Maybe it requires years in each? Unless both sorts could be learned at a single school.

Question!

With the craft Ability.

Things like craft have to focused, right? 5 dots in craft doesn't apply to everything and one needs to have a focus. Would the focus be considered a specialty? And if it is, would that specialty count towards the starter specialties? And if so if so, would purchasing another line of craft dots require the purchase of an additional specialty?

Question!

With the craft Ability.

Things like craft have to focused, right? 5 dots in craft doesn't apply to everything and one needs to have a focus. Would the focus be considered a specialty? And if it is, would that specialty count towards the starter specialties? And if so if so, would purchasing another line of craft dots require the purchase of an additional specialty?

You need to declare an area of expertise for each line of Craft dots, yes. But these don't count as specialties.

jaydude jaydude

I won't be starting with any evocations to the warstrider or start with being attuned to it. Will be playing it as his first time in the thing.

To that end! I got two story proposals for you.

1. The Emerald Chevalier is his assigned warstrider. He hasn't got to use it yet, as it was being renovated in Ragara Territory. The Ledaal family having gone through the Ragara for funding and labor. With this way it might be a bit of a stretch why it just so happens to be worked on where the kinship is schmoozing.

2. The more interesting way. The Emerald Chevalier is NOT his assigned Warstrider. But instead belongs to the Ragara. With it being housed in Kendara for renovations and repair or storage. When shit goes down, the region is without pilots, giving Ledaal Fel the chance to step in given the desperate scenario.

He isn't familiar with it and hasn't done much study on it. So when he does get in, he has to learn as he goes.

This gives a good opportunity to learn of the warstrider, find it, convince them to let him attune and pilot it, as well as giving you as the ST more control over its condition and implementation. And also sees that i'm not using it right out of the gate, but not so late that I won't get the chance to use it.

Also! I was wrong on the merit price. The 15 I was thinking of was the attunement cost.

The cost of warstriders seems to be an artifact 5 purchase. But it also has a squiggly line in front that I don't know what it means. If you determine it will cost more, I will get additional points to that merit somehow.

Also! Having to forgo terrestrial circle sorcery and special craft for warstrider. Since terrestrial circle sorcery has a perquisite of 4 occult charms. Since it is unlikely I can graduate the heptagram without learning sorcery, I'll likely be choosing Bell School instead.

D. Rex D. Rex

I'm gonna go with the second of those proposals. Also, the squiggly line (§) just means that you need Craft (First Age Artifice) to manufacture and repair the artifact in question.

D. Rex D. Rex

I'm gonna go with the second of those proposals. Also, the squiggly line (§) just means that you need Craft (First Age Artifice) to manufacture and repair the artifact in question.

Awesome beans.

According to arms of chosen, I can work on it in my current craft, but at a +3 difficulty.

For first age artiface, I still need terrestrial circle sorcery. And to get that I need 4 occult charms. That is the only hurdle.

I got lore, craft, occult at 5. At least. A lore in first age artiface, and craft in artifacts with a specialty in warstriders.

At the moment, I have two Occult Charms; if Terrestrial Circle Sorcery is needed, I could trim off a couple of my other Charms and get it.

And having Sorcery starting out is a hell of a lot easier to justify than trying to go through trials to get it in play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back