• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Exalted 3E - Tale of a Falling Empire OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I call dibs on not being Satrap! Not it!

I think a nation building type of scenario will be a good refresh. After all, we already consider it our territory, and we are familiar with each other's characters that we already know their dynamics.

Would we be keeping our current progression in terms of xp. Or we starting at square one?

No worries. I was kinda hoping you'd play Fel again anyway.

You can all start with 20xp if you like. Don't yet know about dragon xp though, seeing as some of you earned more than others.

You can all start with 20xp if you like. Don't yet know about dragon xp though, seeing as some of you earned more than others.
Of course! Not going to pass up on using a warstrider.

What about pick the highest dragon xp and start from there. While earning it differently is ideal, judging for ourselves can be a bit troublesome. I know I for one feel a bit uncomfortable saying I "deserve" xp so tend to be too humble in that regard.

I'll have to ponder the change in the setting and see what I want to do.

Not going to lie, I mostly like Dragon XP because it bypasses my old bad habits to let me raise mundane traits or merits.

It's unpleasant to have old 2E munchkin tendencies pressuring to spend 100% of XP earned on favored native charms only (or Essence when necessary).

I have obsessive compulsive issues with the most random things. Efficient configuration for characters being one of them. I might need to seek help one day lol.

Not going to lie, I mostly like Dragon XP because it bypasses my old bad habits to let me raise mundane traits or merits.

It's unpleasant to have old 2E munchkin tendencies pressuring to spend 100% of XP earned on favored native charms only (or Essence when necessary).

I have obsessive compulsive issues with the most random things. Efficient configuration for characters being one of them. I might need to seek help one day lol.
One day we should make char for each other and see how well we do using other peoples building methods.

One day we should make char for each other and see how well we do using other peoples building methods.
...!

That'd be fun a campaign gimmick. Each player writes down a brief outline of what they want to play and another player builds the PC to pass the sheet back.

Last edited:
I think the game would work a lot better if it used XP chargen and reduced trait requirements for Charms. Too many require 5s, even at E1. The mechanics deviate hard from the narrative expectations.

I think the game would work a lot better if it used XP chargen and reduced trait requirements for Charms. Too many require 5s, even at E1. The mechanics deviate hard from the narrative expectations.
Hmm. I'm a bit mindful about just changing rules myself, or at least being the one to make the changes.

Oh, pardon, I wasn't suggesting you do it necessarily. I was just musing on game design, and made a few too many unwritten jumps from 'Rykon likes to obsessively optimize builds' to 'I also can't resist numerically optimizing things' to 'I hate the BP/XP split in character creation because of the almost physical pain it causes me when trying to create realistic characters' to 'Not only does the BP/XP split cause "optimal" to deviate very far from "characters appropriate to the stated expectations of the setting" it also breaks most of the antagonists and difficulty examples in the book because of it'. The problem you get if you try to fix it, though, is a lot of Charms have unreasonably high trait minimums, such that if you don't put 5s into things you're just locked out of most of your magic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back