• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Exalted 3E - Tale of a Falling Empire IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Sherwood Sherwood
Larissa narrowly dodges the eagle's beak, then is able to lash at the creature with her chakram before it can follow up with another attack. It rears back in midair, narrowly avoiding the blow.

[Assuming Withering attack. Giant Eagle uses Shadow-Chased Silver Defense to boost Evasion to 8, as well as Agile Beast Defense to raise it to 9, and finally its Dexterity Excellency to raise it to 11, for 4m Peripheral Essence, 2m Personal Essence, and 1 Willpower. The use of Agile Beast Defense gives it +1 initiative for a successful defense.]

After dodging Larissa's attack, the eagle moves slightly upwards in the air and slashes at the Dragon-blooded with both sets of talons.

[Withering Attack. The Giant Eagle regains 5m Personal Essence due to the start of a new round. It uses its Dexterity Excellency to give itself five more dice for 5m Personal Essence, as well as Striking Mospid Method for 3m Peripheral Essence.

It gets 14 successes. How do you wish to respond?]

Initiative:
Giant Eagle: 11
Larissa: 7

Health Levels: -0, -1, -1, -2, -2, -2, -2, -2, -2, -2, -2, -4, -4, -4, -4, Incapacitated
Essence: 4
Personal Essence: 14/19
Peripheral Essence: 25/50
Committed Essence: 5
Willpower: 6/7
Anima: Burning

Actions:
Combat Movement: 9 dice (5 for 5m)

Attacks:
Unarmed: 8 dice (+5 for 5m, Weapon bonus +4, Damage +7)

Parry 4, Evasion 4
Soak/Hardness: 5/0

With a bit of shock, Larissa can see that even with her own skills, she is probably going to get hit. With luck, she will be able to avoid the worst of it. Twisting in the air, Larissa tries to get away from the worst of the hit, doubting that she even has enough Essence to force her body out of the path of those nasty claws. But she has to try, or else this creature will surely rip her apart.
Spending 14m and 1wp to boost my DV to a total of 15, tapping me out of Essence almost completely.

Air Dragon Form Active

Health Levels
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
I [ ]

Essence: 2
Personal: 13 / 0
Peripheral: 31 / 1
Committed: 11
Willpower: 6 / 5

Parry DV: 5
Dodge DV: 6 (+1 from Air Dragon Form)
Resolve: 2
Guile: 1

Join Battle: 6 + 3i

Soak
Natural: 2 (+2 from hearthstone)
Armored: 5
Total: 9
Hardness: 4

Armor and Weapons
Heavenly Typhoon Infinite Jade Chakram
Thrown:
Type: Light (+10 DMG, 3 OVW, Range: Medium)
Accuracy:
+5 Close, +4 Short, +3 Medium
Melee:
Accuracy: +5, +10 DMG, 3 OVW

Midnight Thorn
Type: Light (+5 Soak, Hardness 4, Mobility Penalty −0)
Tags: Concealable
Hearthstone slot(s): 1

Sherwood Sherwood
It's a close one, but Larissa narrowly manages to avoid the attack, though it's unlikely she'll be able to keep it up for much longer.

[In terms of actions, what do you want to do this round?]

Sherwood Sherwood
It's a close one, but Larissa narrowly manages to avoid the attack, though it's unlikely she'll be able to keep it up for much longer.

[In terms of actions, what do you want to do this round?]
Considering its dice pool compared to mine, I doubt that I will be able to Disengage successfully. I am left trying to do another Withering attack.

9 successes

Perhaps the anathema has been getting overconfident as it senses the fight gradually turning in its favor. Whether or not this is true, it's as good a reason as any as to why Larissa's blow, a swirling uppercut with her chakram, is able to strike the underside of its beak with enough force to make its head snap backwards a few feet, the avian monster letting out a screech of pain and rage as it is momentarily staggered.

[Not going to try and use essence to evade here. The attack hits with 5 threshold successes. The Giant eagle does however use Impenetrable Beast-Armor to raise its Soak by 3, giving it 8. Go ahead and roll damage.

Also, I don't know if you've noticed, but the Giant eagle does have a Lunar Anima that's currently at Burning.]

Health Levels: -0, -1, -1, -2, -2, -2, -2, -2, -2, -2, -2, -4, -4, -4, -4, Incapacitated
Peripheral Essence: 25/50

Actions:

Attacks:

Parry 4, Evasion 4
Soak/Hardness: 5(+3)/0

I can try to disengage and r un, but I doubt that I can make the dice roll to do so against this opponent with all the Essence he can dump into keeping up with me.

Damage roll of 9 dice. 3 successes

The eagle manages to steady itself after a few seconds, but remains dazed from the unexpected blow, allowing Larissa the opportunity for another move.

[Both of you regain 5m. With the change in initiative, you get to go first this round.

Also, with the amount of Essence you've expended, I'd assume your anima would be at bonfire level right now.]

Initiative:
Larissa: 11
Giant Eagle: 8

Peripheral Essence: 30/50

Actions:

Attacks:

Parry 4, Evasion 4
Soak/Hardness: 5(+3)/0

Larissa has a strong sense that she is seriously outclassed by this Anathema, and if she does not slip away, she's going to be knocked out of the sky sooner or later. She makes a feint with her chakram, then at the last minute, banks hard away from it, desperately trying to get some distance from the vile thing.
Spending 4m on Shroud of Unseen Winds to add 2 to my Stealth roll, and with Air Dragon Form, I get a automatic success to my Disengage roll. Here's to trying.

Total of 8 successes

Air Dragon Form Active

Health Levels
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
I [ ]

Personal: 13 / 5

Soak

Armor and Weapons
Thrown:
Accuracy:
Melee:

Midnight Thorn

The meeting...
Boroma, Satori and the council all look around in slight surprise at Asuna's outburst, though judging from their expressions, everyone besides Boroma appears to agree with the sentiment. Especially Satori and Javald, both of whom are reclining in their chairs with goblets of wine at hand.

Voruna, the spymaster, merely offers an apologetic shrug of his shoulders. "The Realm is the greatest empire and civilization of this age, but to the unwise and the unenlightened, we haven't exactly done the best job of displaying that lately." he says, placing his elbows on the table and forming a tent with his fingers. "That being said, I also have to wonder if she's under the delusion that her powers genuinely come from the Unconquered Sun. It would certainly explain such arrogance on her part."

"I can't say I care about what delusions she might be under." says Satori. "What matters right now is how we choose to respond to this offer of hers."

Boroma gives her a cool look as she speaks. He's willing to work with her here, if only because he knows the amount of control she has over his fate, but it's very clear to everyone that the murder of his father still weighs heavily on his mind.

He turns to look at Manato. "What do you plan to say to her?" he asks.

With Larissa...
The Lunar gives a great shake of its beaked head as it hovers in midair, before moving to pursue Larissa as she attempts to escape. Then suddenly, both Exalts hear a pair of loud, birdlike calls from close by, their sources a pair of great, rainbow-winged birds flying towards them from the direction of the city. The Air Aspect soon recognizes them as two Thunderbirds that Zadari had summoned during the last few days, both currently at long range from her, but closing fast. Most likely they were sent after her, in anticipation of something like this happening when she was out scouting for Jinlong's camp.

[Larissa loses 2i for attempting a disengage. The Lunar spends 5m Personal Essence on its Dexterity Excellency to contest her attempt. At around the same time, two Thunderbirds join the party.

The Lunar also gets 8 successes, but I'll allow you the victory. Thunderbirds #1 and #2 join the battle with 10i and 5i, respectively.]

Initiative:
Thunderbird #1: 10
Larissa: 9
Lunar: 8
Thunderbird #2: 5

Personal Essence: 9/19
Peripheral Essence: 30/50

Actions:

Attacks:

Parry 4, Evasion 4
Health Levels: -0, -1, -1, -1, -1, -2, -2, -2, -2, -4, Incapacitated
Essence: 3
Personal Essence: 80
Willpower: 6

Actions:
Combat Movement: 6 dice (9 when airborne)

Attacks:
Talons: 11 dice (Damage 12) Raptor form only
Unarmed: 8 dice (Damage 10) Human form only
Thunderbird warclub: 12 dice (Damage 15, minimum 4) Human form only

Parry 5, Evasion 4
Personal Essence: 80
Willpower: 6

Actions:

Attacks:

Parry 5, Evasion 4

Last edited:
As the Lunar tries unsuccessfully to get after Larissa, one of the Thunderbirds, with a mighty flap of its wings, pulls ahead and sends a great thunderclap hurtling towards it, striking true and staggering the Anathema further. The second Thunderbird does the same, but the Lunar spots it coming and evades with a flap of its own huge wings.

Seeing that its Dragon-blooded opponent now has backup, the Lunar lets out a screech of rage, and then flies downward towards the treetops to land upon a particularly thick branch there, its body shrinking and shifting shape as it does so. Instead of a great eagle, Larissa and the two thunderbirds spot a tall and musclebound figure with the head, paws, indigo fur and silvery mane of a moon-lion glaring up at them from the branch, an aura of bright silvery light around its body, and what appears to be a giant glaive of moonsilver within both its forepaws.

At the sight of this, it doesn't take long for Larissa to figure out that this is none other than Yin-Shizi, Jinlong's Frenzied ally, and the Anathema who led the massacre of Kandara's Realm garrison.

[Larissa is now at Short Range from the Lunar. Thunderbird #1 moves into Medium Range and attacks the Lunar with Destructive Thunderclap for 15m and 1wp. With an onslaught penalty of 1 from Larissa's attack, and forgoing defensive charms, the Lunar is unable to defend, and is struck for 5i of damage, giving Thunderbird #1 6i.

Thunderbird#2 attempts the same, but this time the Lunar is ready for it, activating Sensing the Deadly Flow for 3m Peripheral Essence and 1wp - leaving it unaffected by onslaught penalties - and spending 4m Personal Essence on its Dexterity Excellency to raise its defense by 2. With its evasion at 6, it narrowly manages to avoid the attack.

The Lunar uses its turn to move down one vertical range band, putting it at Medium Range from Larissa, and Long Range from the two Thunderbirds. It also uses Hybrid Body transformation to shift into its hybrid form.]

As the other three combatants hover within the air aloft their wings, both Thunderbirds look towards Larissa for instructions on what to do next.

[With the start of the next round, everyone gets back 5m. Yin-Shizi and the Thunderbirds are both at Medium Range from Larissa. What do you want to do?]

Initiative:
Thunderbird #1: 16
Lunar: 3

Personal Essence: 10/19
Peripheral Essence: 27/50
Willpower: 5/7

Actions:

Attacks:
Moonsilver Grimscythe: 10 dice (+5 for 5m, Weapon bonus +1, Damage 19)
Unarmed: 8 dice (+5 for 5m, Weapon bonus +4, Damage 12)

Parry 4, Evasion 4
Personal Essence: 70/80
Willpower: 5/6

Actions:

Attacks:

Parry 5, Evasion 4
Personal Essence: 70/80
Willpower: 5/6

Actions:

Attacks:

Parry 5, Evasion 4

Last edited:
Larissa lets out a sigh of relief. It is about damn time those Thunderbirds joined the fight! Now that they have arrived, there is a shot at taking this Moon Mad out of the fight! Lets do this! Keeping herself up in the air to avoid getting into melee range of the Anathema, Larissa hurls her chakram with all of her strength, trying to rock the Lunar back on his heels and set him up for a killing blow.
With some Essence back, I will try a Withering attack. And I roll crap with only six successes.

Air Dragon Form Active

Health Levels
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
I [ ]

Personal: 13 / 5

Soak

Armor and Weapons
Thrown:
Accuracy:
Melee:

Midnight Thorn

Upon seeing that Larissa intends to continue the battle, one of the Thunderbirds flies to within Medium range of Yin-Shizi and launches another thunderclap at him. With his body still surrounded by a bright silver aura, he's an easily visible target, but he's also still a mobile one; he narrowly avoids the attack by jumping to another tree branch. When Larissa throws her chakram at him, he deflects it away with a deft twirl of his grimscythe.

The second of the Thunderbirds flies forward and attacks Yin-Shizi with its own thunderclap, only for the Lunar to avoid it by dropping down onto another thick branch. He drops down again, landing within a tree fork that is only a short distance from the forest floor, and then quickly lowers himself to hang from the edge of the fork, putting the tree trunk between himself and all of you.

Thunderbird#1 moves back into Medium Range of Yin-Shizi and attacks him with a decisive Destructive Thunderclap, the Lunar responding by activating Golden Tiger Stance for 3m Peripheral Essence, increasing his Defense by 1 until his next turn, and spending 4m Personal Essence on his Dexterity Excellency to boost it further by 2. He spends another 2m Personal Essence on the excellency to parry Larissa's attack.

Thunderbird #2 then moves into Medium Range of Yin-Shizi and uses a withering Destructive Thunderclap, but fails to beat the Lunar's defense. Yin-Shizi then moves down another range band, putting him at Long range from Larissa and the two Thunderbirds - and at Short range from the ground - before taking cover.

By now, the sounds of the fighting up in the sky have drawn the attention of all the soldiers within the area. So far they've been content to just watch, but at the sight of Yin-Shizi descending towards them, as well as the presence of the two Thunderbirds, about a hundred of them ready bows and arrows, clearly intending to join in the fight. Seemingly irrespective of these mortals, one of the Thunderbirds flies after Yin-Shizi with an angry yet melodic screech.

[New round, everyone with Essence regains 5m. A group of Jinlong's archers have joined the battle at i6. Thunderbird #1 has used its turn to fly to roughly Medium Range from both Yin-Shizi and the ground, while Larissa and Thunderbird #2 are at roughly Long Range away (Yin-Shizi isn't directly below them). Yin-Shizi is currently in full cover, making ranged attacks against him impossible. You can move into a position that will allow you to hit him again, but this will take 3 move actions at Long Range, 2 at Medium Range, and 1 at Short Range.]

Your move, Sherwood Sherwood

Initiative:
Thunderbird #1: 16 Moved
Archers: 6
Lunar: 3

Personal Essence: 9/19
Peripheral Essence: 24/50
Willpower: 5/7

Actions:

Attacks:
Moonsilver Grimscythe: 10 dice (+5 for 5m, Weapon bonus +1, Damage 19)
Unarmed: 8 dice (+5 for 5m, Weapon bonus +4, Damage 12)

Parry 5, Evasion 4 (Unaffected by onslaught and wound penalties)
Personal Essence: 60/80
Willpower: 4/6

Actions:

Attacks:

Parry 5, Evasion 4
Personal Essence: 60/80
Willpower: 4/6

Actions:

Attacks:

Parry 5, Evasion 4

Last edited:
Larissa is beyond pissed off at this point. But her low Essence and the presence of the other Anathema so close to them, not to mention the mortal army, is troubling. It is unlikely that we'll be able to kill that Lunar before we are overwhelmed; time to cut our losses and get the hell out of here.

With a wave of her arm, she signals the two thunderbirds to join her in withdrawing, and she makes a beeline back to the city where she can try and calm down a bit.

OOC Since I'm already at range, do I need to make any rolls to disengage?
Air Dragon Form Active

Health Levels
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
I [ ]

Personal: 13 / 10

Soak

Armor and Weapons
Thrown:
Accuracy:
Melee:

Midnight Thorn

With Larissa...
[No rolls necessary. No-one's going to try and contest your withdrawal.]

The two thunderbirds follow after you as you withdraw. Jinlong's archers nock and draw arrows, but lower their bows once they see that you're not going to stick around. Yin-Shizi opts to watch you depart from his spot within the trees, though he could probably transform back into that giant eagle and follow the three of you if he wished.

It's some time in the evening when you finally return to the capital. The rest of your hearth are still discussing Jinlong's latest missive if you wish to join them, or do you want to do something else within the city?

[Pass for you.]

The meeting...
Boroma, Satori and the council all look around in slight surprise at Asuna's outburst, though judging from their expressions, everyone besides Boroma appears to agree with the sentiment. Especially Satori and Javald, both of whom are reclining in their chairs with goblets of wine at hand.

Voruna, the spymaster, merely offers an apologetic shrug of his shoulders. "The Realm is the greatest empire and civilization of this age, but to the unwise and the unenlightened, we haven't exactly done the best job of displaying that lately." he says, placing his elbows on the table and forming a tent with his fingers. "That being said, I also have to wonder if she's under the delusion that her powers genuinely come from the Unconquered Sun. It would certainly explain such arrogance on her part."
"I don't want to hear any more puffed-up nonsense about how great we are." Manato snaps with a dismissive wave. "If that was true we wouldn't be in this position and everyone knows it. The realm is a headless giant too busy slapping itself silly in the process of finding a new head. We're a laughing stock is what we are. Taking a loss on every front while those so-called leaders at home think they can just withdraw and wait. It's pathetic and cowardly. A disgrace to have to call them countrymen. If we want to call ourselves great, we have to earn that right back again."

"As for Jinlong's delusions..." The fire aspect paused, trying not to make himself sick with the thought of what he was about to say. "Her actions back her words. Most of her mistakes are political technicalities none of the common people understand enough to give a damn about if I'm being honest. Given how terrible the optics of realm activity have been for the last few years, I'm afraid we've little choice but to operate under the presumption that she will certainly follow through as if she believes her own story."

"I can't say I care about what delusions she might be under." says Satori. "What matters right now is how we choose to respond to this offer of hers."

Boroma gives her a cool look as she speaks. He's willing to work with her here, if only because he knows the amount of control she has over his fate, but it's very clear to everyone that the murder of his father still weighs heavily on his mind.

He turns to look at Manato. "What do you plan to say to her?" he asks.
"It is often said, the plan is the first casualty of war." Manato evaded the question with a shrug. "If there is a meeting, I intend to represent the interests for which I am sent."

Asuna swallows a rising panic at the thought that Manato might seriously attend negotiations, not for fear he might fail but that he might succeed. That prospect was more terrifying than Jinlong herself. "Dragons, Manato! This is not the time to rail at the incompetence of the Deliberative and bemoan our bygone glories. If I'm party to a peace treaty with Anathema in possession of one of our allies, I may as well save time and fall on my sword. Though neither is my first choice, I would rather Jinlong kill me - at least I'd have my name in a place of honour in the family crypt instead of struck from the rolls! I don't care if she believes she's the Scarlet Empress reincarnated, we cannot countenance giving her terms. Let her ruminate on the ethics of this invasion in her forest for all eternity for all I care. If she will not cross those walls so much the better."

"Asuna does have a point." Satori says in a grim tone. "If we're seen to have officially collaborated with an Anathema by our fellow Dynasts, that could cause all manner of problems for us on the Blessed Isle. We could end up looking like either serious heretics, or particularly dangerous players in the race for the Scarlet Throne. In both scenarios, we give a lot of powerful people good excuses to try and bump us off."

"Then perhaps the solution is to not do things above board. Not do things officially." says Voruna, clearly emphasizing the last word in a way that suggests potential dishonesty.

"What precisely do you mean by that?" asks Kirito.

"Let's suppose that Jinlong were to just change her mind about conquering Kandara." Voruna begins to explain, again using that particular style of emphasis. "We had naturally refused to agree to any kind of deal with her, but at the same time, she came to see that there was no need for her to continue on with her campaign, if she truly cared for the people of this kingdom. I don't see how anyone could reproach us for such good fortune on our part."

Last edited:
Manato listened carefully as the court discussed their options. He knew to tread lightly up to this point. The fearful were going to be eager to jump ship on the war and take any route they could to an easy escape with their skin and station intact. He couldn't admit he was going to purposely botch the negotiations. For her part, Asuna's outburst was a great eye-opener. Damn shame some still held out hope for peace. However, even if Manato were actually in the negotiation camp this plan left much to be desired.

"I have to admit, if we have to sacrifice everything we've worked for in exchange for peace, it defeats the purpose of not retreating, does it not? I know you're intending to save face with this plan, Voruna. However, it sounds like we'd be depending an awful lot on the silence or duplicity of an awful lot of people that want us gone. How would you suggest controlling that risk?" Manato asked flatly with a raised eyebrow. "Especially when a lot of allied commanders start asking questions about why their troops are going back where they came from."

[OOC: As stated in the OOC thread, Manato has no intention of allowing an actual peace to be reached. A solar army of this magnitude is too great a threat to leave unchecked. If he can poke enough holes in the "pro-negotiation party", he's content to let the option die here and go back to planning the war. Albeit with the expectation Asuna's going to want details on what game Manato's playing at in private.]

Voruna raises his eyebrows at the redhead, clearly thinking that the Fire Aspect has come to a wrong conclusion.

"I'm not saying that we should necessarily back down, Manato." he says. "I'm saying that it wouldn't hurt to exploit Jinlong's alleged concern for the sake of giving ourselves some breathing room. Let her abandon her campaign if she wishes. It won't stop us from continuing to act against her, assuming that's truly what we all want."

"I say that we cannot allow another cabal of Anathema to exist so close to our borders, if we can help it." Kirito says with determination, clearly wanting to shut down any discussion on the matter.

"And can we help it?" asks Satori. "Do we have the means to fight Jinlong at this point?"

"With the reinforcements we've gotten over the last week, we have enough troops to properly garrison the city. We also have plenty of Dragon-blooded on hand, savants, sorcerers and fighters, all of whom will be a great help." answers Kirito. "Still, our advantages will decrease once we leave this city. Eliminating Jinlong as a threat may be possible, but it is not an undertaking that should be made lightly. In all honesty, my first instinct would be to try and assassinate her, rather than engage her and her people on the field of battle."

"Hmm...I'm of a similar mind there." says Zadari. "Could we not use the talks as a way to lure Jinlong into a vulnerable position, and then assassinate her?"

"I did consider that course of action myself." replies Voruna. "And I won't discard the idea out of hand, but I doubt that Jinlong won't consider that we might try such a thing. Odds are, she'll take precautions against assassination."

There is a pause of a few seconds, before Boroma speaks. "I think I would like to speak with Jinlong alongside Manato, provided of course that suitable arrangements can be made for my safety. At the very least though, we can state our position to her, and attempt to get the measure of her."

[Hold. All of the Dragon-blooded in the room are in favor of indefinitely treating Jinlong and her forces as hostile, but for varying reasons. Kirito is acting out of loyalty to the Realm, the Ragaras are acting out of pragmatism, whereas Boroma believes that if he openly regards Jinlong as anything other than an enemy, he'll be marked for regicide or deposal.]

"As much as in favor as I am of waging war. We do need to make sure that this is a war we can win. Or, at the least, leave them in such a crippled state that those who come after will wipe them out with ease."

"Facts are that they still outnumber us. Our greatest advantage against them was the Walls of Kendara. Going to meet them outside of the walls will go much more poorly for us than if they seiged this city. IF they choose to ignore this city and move on, then we find ourselves in a completely different situation. And not a good one if we still choose to attack as before."

"That said, they need to be destroyed. Completely and utterly. There is no question of that necessity. The longer Jinlong roams, the more minds she will poison to here blasphemous crusade. The more entrenched her cities will become."

"These talks do give us a grand opportunity." Fel stated, nodding to Zadari. "Not only does this let us have the potential to manuever her into vulnerabilities... but it gives us time of which we were so constrained by but a week ago. Time we can use to bring more allies to our side of the battlefield, time we can use to strengthen our fortifications here, time we can use to train our guards and militia and prepare for all out war."

"If we can draw out this act of diplomacy, we can increase our advantage, open up windows of opportunity, and further Jinlongs reluctance to go all out against us. Anathema of her ilk have untold martial prowess, but their hearts are just as vulnerable as ours. By increasing the positive reputation of Satori, we can make her doubt to her cause all that stronger. Amd a doubtful General is more likely to make mistakes, is less likely to keep the hearts of her men. As well more likely to lowerher guard for us to swoop in, be it assassination or something else."

"This is just what we needed. For she has lost momentum. We need to make sure she gains no more."

At this point, a rather frazzled Larissa enters the room, her hair being both windblown and battle mussed. She grabs an available goblet and quickly fills it up before draining it down in one pull. After that, she sets down in an unclaimed seat with a plop and grouses, "Well, that was fun, and a real waste of time. If it were not for the two thunderbirds coming along with me, I'd either be dead or captured, thanks to the good eyesight of the Lunar in their ranks." She raises up the goblet to take another drink before remembering that it is empty, and slams her hand down on the arm of the chair in visible frustration.

Asuna looks deeply concerned but unsurprised as Larissa relates the results of her scouting mission. "I'm glad you're safe! Whatever you did, it clearly frightened the living daylights out of her." She gestures at the letter in disgust, "She's suing for peace."

Larissa snorts. "Suing for peace? Suing for peace?!? With the power of their Exalted and the sheer numbers of her army, it is questionable if we can hold out here, unless sizable amounts of reinforcements can be brought in. It must be a trick, some ruse to get us to lower our guard even more so she can bring the hammer down on us all."

After taking a moment to calm herself, Larissa manages to ask, "Just out of curiosity, what are her terms for peace?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back