• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Exalted 3E Solars of the Sky - IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
The creature is cut into fine slices. Shreds of dead meat feed the fires that already incinerated one limb. Blackened chunks of the beast hit the central pool in loud sizzling splashes, filling the water with the grey color of ash before the whole of the body bursts into golden motes of light from contact with a Zenith anima banner at full intensity.

Astian, falls to a knee, holding himself up by his light forged spear. Eventually it too disolves, and he collapses to the stone floor unconscious.

The dispersal of light halts the shamblimg corpses, evidently blinding them from the multiple animas now flaring wide open. They too eventually fall to the circle's might, hardly able to provide meaningful opposition to the powers of the Exalted on full display.

With this the combat has concluded with the arena covered in ash with several repairs needed before it could see use again. thanks to the saturation of Solar energies, the circle has avoided the fall of this demesne into darkness.

What do you do from here?

When the last of the undead menace has crumbled before her, Lioness lets out a deep breath, banishes her blade Elsewhere and closes her eyes for a moment, regaining her center. When the moment has passed, she looks around the room at her fellow solars and any others who might have lingered. Her eyes rest on Xilanada for just long enough that it would be noticeable for anyone looking at her before she turns to Axtis and speaks. "Where do we go now, captain? All hope of subtlety is lost, and that necromancer is still out there."

Axtis tucks her wings in and settles down on the ground, her bow still in hand. "Rrrrgh. I think that it is a good time to return to the ship. I hazard a guess that our welcome is rapidly running out. If Astain is up to it, see if he wants to come along. As for the rest of you, lets move before more of those twisted necro-monsters come out to play."

"He doesn't look like he's one for answering questions right this instant," Lioness counters as she moves in the man's direction, "and I think he has even less of a welcome than we do. I say we bring him, regardless of his preferences. Tiger, you wanna give me a hand with him?" She asks, looking around for the often-unseen man.

Tigers flickering shadowy figure slowly turns to normal as he steps from Lioness' own shadow. He seems to be tired but otherwise untouched. "Sure" Tiger moves to Astian and just lifts him and puts his body on his back as if he weights nothing. For the guy who usually keeps at the shadows he shows a great deal of strength than again crew knew he was an expert at tiger style and he often manages to break planks of other ships with his razor claws.

Tiger drops ebon shadow form but keeps others going and adds increasing strength exercise to ongoing charms he spends 3 mote of peripheral since it is not 5 mote his anima banner does not ignites. Tiger currently has 5 strength equivalent.
Personal: 2 / 16 (7 spend for stealth excellency)
Peripheral: 3 / 40 (15 committed to artifacts, 5 committed to sensory acuit prana, 3 mote committed to graceful crane stance, 3 mote committed to Increasing strength exercise, 5 mote recovered at last turn)
Committed: 15 (artifacts) 11(charms)

Well that had been a nice bath, Varrick felt reinvigorated and calm now. That sensation of calm lasted until exactly 27.5 seconds, not long after he had gotten back dressed. As the left the public baths, the tell tale signs of a general panic were to be seen.

"One night.... you guy couldn't go one night without steering trouble."

And so he began running the other way from where the crowds were headed, pretty sure he would find his crew there.

Griffon slips her flamepiece back into its holster and begins to head for the door. She looks over at Axtis and says, "I'm going to do a fade-out, but don't worry; I'll be nearby if things go crazy again." Griffon then focuses her Essence inward, in order to be able to cloud the eyes and minds of observers. Staying nearby the others, she will do her best to keep a watch out for other signs of trouble.
Spending 3m on Easily-Overlooked Presence Method

Lioness glances down her clothes that are now covered with the remains of the necromantic shark-abomination and thinks wistfully of the bath she'd intended to have the following day. That does not seem like an option now, though, so instead she moves to the exit and gives one last look to each of her companions. "Everyone ready to move out?"

"Yes."

Xilanada descends from the upper tiers she'd reached during the battle, bundled up in her 'mysterious magician' robes which did a fine job of both discouraging meddling by strangers and keeping her warm this far North. Her hood had fallen back, though, revealing fine blonde hair, sharp blue eyes and a concerned face. "But with the Necromancer at bay, let's keep our options open. Charles?"

Mistress?

"Carry the unconscious man for me, won't you?"

Why?

"...because I asked you to. You didn't complain when I asked you to spirit him away if he got in over his head earlier."

That's because he would have ridden me. I'm a mount, not a pack mule.

The Twilight coughs, blushes slightly and says in a slightly quieter tone, "Could you just pretend I'm actually your Mistress and stop embarrassing me in front of my Circle?"

Could I get my lullaby tonight?

Xilanada exchanges looks with Lioness and rolls her eyes. Every month or so, the Agatae liked a particular Northern lullaby hummed to him. By Lioness, not by Xilanada. Evidently the Zenith's voice was agreeable to him, while hers was not. Slightly offended, as she always is when it comes up, the greatest Sorcerer in the city sighs and says "Fiiiiine."

At which point Astian's unconscious form is hefted by the indistinct figure of Xilanada's pet Demon. She waves the rest of the Circle to the exit and says "We might as well find Varrick. Before we get into more trouble."

"Let's move out then," Lioness says and opens the door, the light of the noonday sun on her forehead leading the way into the Northern nights.

Tiger puts Astian over Charles. He had a couple of snarky remarks for the situation but he kept his mouth zipped a habit he got while he was at the Nexus. He than looks at others and sighs he would prefer to be not drawing attention like Griffon but it would draw more attention if he suddenly disappeared at this moment instead he decided to stay at back of the group. He at least had a mind of peace knowing Griffon out there somewhere watching out things.

It took some shuffling through the crowds, but he did eventually manage to find his crew:
"What in the Malfeas have you lot done now ?"

"Saved the life of an Exalt and put a horde of undead abominations back to rest," Lioness says without skipping a beat, leading the others back towards the Righteous Indignation. "Why, what have you been doing?" She adds, unwilling to suppress a small smile. While she would have liked a bath, this is rather more worthy work.

Tiger walks besides Charles and as he sees Varrick he just shrugs his shoulders for his question. "Like Lioness said. You know usual Marsday." He than continues to walk while keeping an eye out for anything strange........ well stranger.

The underways are littered with scattered skirmishes of sneak thieves and saboteurs, but the circle's bright light is sufficient to deter anyone from impeding their progress, both from the sheer blinding intensity and the deeply ingrained instinct of fear.

Once the circle emerges, the fighting seems behind them as they reunite with Varrick. Most that were in the streets have barred themselves in their dwellings ready for the peace keepers of the warden to move in and contain the internal strife.

Upon reaching the path up to the drydock where the Righteous Indignation was laying low, the chaos merely faded behind them, leaving them only subject to the tedium of navigating the secret path. Having made it back to Varrick's manse, the crewmen on watch jump up to attention. "Cap'n on deck!" The two men still awake are somewhat surprised to see you all back at this hour. How do you proceed?

"...I was looking forward to enjoying my time off the ship," Xilanada says with a tone of aggravation. The Twilight sweeps her hood back, though the concealment was hardly necessary given her anima showed little signs thanks to her Sorcery drawing power from the world itself. "Captain, may I suggest we put this Astian in your quarters, in a chair perhaps if he can be roused so we can try talking to the man?"

As the other Exalts step onto the ship, Xilanada's hand briefly strokes Lioness' arm and her eyes dart the Zenith's way. The battle had been as fierce as any they'd fought, and while the other Lawgiver had acquitted herself well (better than the Sorceress had, certainly), Xilanada is attached enough to not casually dismiss the deadly exchange. To smile with approval and admiration at how Lioness had handled herself. Why does everything have to be so complicated?

Lioness returns Xilanada's smile, briefly acknowledging the other's show of affection, but this is not the time for congratulations or feelings. Instead she turns to the men on deck and asks them, "is anyone still on the ground, or are we ready to leave? Recent events have interfered with our schedule."

As Axtis steps onto the deck of the ship, she feels right once more. Looking about, she nods at Xiladra's suggestion. "Yes, take him to my room and let him rest in one of the chairs. Make sure he's comfortable, but don't try to remove any of his gear. He may wake up at that and take offense." She turns to the waiting crewmen. "Double the watch. I'm not going to lift off until every member of the crew is back and safely on board. Until then, everyone relax as you can, but be ready for anything."

Tiger feels exhausted eventhough he didn't took any hit he spend too much essence he needs to find a way to fight without exerting himself this much. He looks at others "I will be helping preparations of the ship. If our prince wakes up call me as well I want to listen what he has to say as well" Although his body was in rejection of his words, he needs something to keep himself occupied until they set sail. After that the ship feels like a cradle and would help him sleep sounder.

The two men salute and return to their business at the Captain's orders.

Astian is set in one of the chairs, clad in naught but burlap sackcloth shorts at this point with no weapon or any effects on him.

The crew replies to Lioness with a couple of shrugs "I think a couple came back but we weren't on duty then. We'll have to do a head count, but I think there are a few still about town."

It is however, not long before a gaggle of stumbling drunks and a few sober sailors make their way aboard. Unfortunately for the sober, it's the loud drunk that pipes up first. "Aye, bugger me with a hot iron that wash a hell of messh there wutnit? We wash jush' gettin ready to shettle in then alluva shudden everyone shtahts shcreamin like their bloody mum was ablaze er shumthin, eh?" This does account for the final missing crewmen.

An hour has passed since your return and the skies are still black, but the night grows short. Astian is still unconscious but does stir occasionally with a groan and more recently a bit of snoring.

Last edited:
Overseeing Astian to the Captain's room, per the Captain's orders, Xilanada rather quickly determines the man's in no condition to regain consciousness any time soon. A chair's completely inadequate for a man who's been through what he has. With some reluctance, the blonde Sorceress tasks Charles to help her finagle the man down to the part of the crew quarters she typically shares with Lioness.

At which point she puts him in her bed before taking a seat to watch him slumber. Watch and think, on her shared history with her relative, knowing the crew didn't need her for anything.

Two Tepets, two Solars under one Sun. What's your plan, Sol Invictus? What are you after?

Lioness nods at the crewmen's report and Axtis's orders. On some level, she would have liked to leave immediately, but their obligation to the remaining crew has greater weight, and she's glad the captain agrees.

Since the only thing she can do on the deck is stand guard, the young Zenith follows Xilanada and Charles. First into Axtis's cabin, and then to their own. She gives a small sigh once the door closes behind them and they are alone again, except for the ever-present demon and the unconscious man. With Lana focused on Astian, Lioness goes to the small wash basin in the corner. Though her enchanted clothes can shed the blood and gore spattered over her with a simple application of Essence, her face, body, and, most particularly, hair cannot. Slowly and methodically, she begins the slow, almost ritualistic process of cleansing herself of the monster's remains, its stink, and whatever may be lingering of its foul presence.

Looked like whatever had happened, they had a new friend and it was time to go. Varrick wasted no time in joining the crew the get the ship ready to leave. If it was important enough to leave R and R, it was important enough to do so in a rush.
"So boss, who exactly is our new friend in your quarters ? I've seen you bring people in there before, but that looks different."

Just before he heads to help crew Tiger turned towards Varrick with a smirk on his face and Lets say it this way, with this new friend we will have a new dawn on our journey. He especially put emphasis on word dawn so it would mean a new beginning for someobe else but he is sure Varrick would get actual meaning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back