• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Exalted 3E Solars of the Sky - IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
When the monster reaches out for her, Axtis launches herself up into the air, twisting and turning away from the reaching tentacles as she claws for distance and altitude away from the beast.
Dodge Dv is 6, hopefully this is worth a good enough stunt to get my DV to 7. If it is, I gain a point of Initiative thanks to Force-Stealing Feint and the monster loses a point. If not, I guess I get hit.

Health Levels
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] - [ ]
-4 [ ]
I [ ]

Willpower: 7 / 5
Personal: 16
Peripheral: 40 / 12
Committed: 13

Join Battle: 9 +3 Successes - +5 Successes from Flashing Vengeance Draw (3m)

Parry: 4
Evasion: 5 / 6 vs Ranged Attacks
Resolve: 4
Guile: 2

Personal Soak: 3
Total Soak: 11 / Hardness: 7

Powerbow: Type: Medium (+12 DMG, OVW 4) Accuracy: Close −1; Short +5; Medium +3; Long +1; Extreme −1
Short Sword: Type: Light (+7 DMG, OVW 1) Accuracy: +4

Griffon swears to herself as she sees the necro-monster reach out with its tentacles and try to hit her. I don't dare let this thing hit me; it would rip me in two! Got to move out of the way. Using her supernatural agility granted to her by her Charms, she jumps up and lands on the attacking limb, balancing for a moment before flipping over and back onto her feet on the ground.
Spending a total of 5m to raise my Dodge DV by two, and using Drifting Leaf Elusion to slip past the grasping limbs.

Graceful Crane Stance active

Health Levels
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
I [ ]

Willpower: 7

Peripheral: 40 / 20
Committed: 15

Join Battle: 8 + 3 successes

Parry: 4 - 5 with Gnonom

Total Soak: 11
Hardness: 7

Guile: 5
Resolve: 3

Sirrush Artifact Flame Piece: Type: Medium (+12 DMG, OVW 4)
Accuracy: Close +1; Short +5; Medium +3; Long +1; Extreme −1
Gnomon Artifact Serpent Sting Staff: Type: Medium (+3 ACC, +12 DMG, +1 DEF, OVW 4)
Tags: Bashing, Melee, Reaching, Flexible, Martial Arts

Tiger reaches deep in himself and finds the darkness in there to cover himself while moving closer to monster. Just like with the lunar Tiger springs out of some shadows that were around the corner of sitting places and lunge himself directly into monsters chest by jumping forward with every ounce of his power.

3(base)+3(ebon shadow form): 6
Tiger spends 5 mote to use Shadow-stepping motion. This charm lets tiger get double 9's on the stealth check while moving and doubles unexpected decisive attack's defense penalty making it a -4. It is a mute charm so peripheral does not go to anima. Moving while concealed gives a -3 penalty to stealth check and tiger spends 7 personal mote for stealth excellency. Stealth roll while moving: 11-3+7=15

Moving while concealed roll result: 9 success (double 9's because of charm)
Decisive Attack: 4 Success (if previous stealth roll is successful opponent gets -4 to defense because of unexpected attack)
Health Levels
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
I [ ]

Willpower: 5/7 (Temporary: 1) (16 BP) ⬤⬤⬤⬤⬤⬤⬤

Personal: 2 / 16 (7 spend for stealth excellency)
Peripheral: 1 / 40 (15 committed to artifacts, 5 committed to sensory acuit prana, 8 committed to ebon shadow form, 3 mote committed to graceful crane stance, 5 mote spend for Shadow-Stepping Motion)
Committed: 15 (artifacts) 16(charms)

Join Battle: Wits+Awareness=5+5+1(fast reflexes)=11 (+1 danger sense) (+1 ambush specialty) or
Dexterity+Stealth (blinding battle feint 3m)= 5+5+1(fast reflexes)+1 (ambush or combat specialty)= 12

Parry: Dexterity+Martial Arts= 5+5+1(specialty)=11/2= 6 + 1(ebon shadow form)= 7
Evasion
: dexterity+dodge=5+5+1(specialty)=11/2= 6 + 1(ebon shadow form)= 7

Personal Soak: 4+2(Stone of Resilient Bamboo)= 6
Total Soak
:6+5(armor) = 11
Hardness
: 4

Guile: Manipulation+Socialize=2+1=3/2= 2
Resolve
: Wits+integrity=5+1=6/2= 3

Withering Attack: dexterity+martial arts= 5+5+1(speciality)+5(accuracy)= 16
Decisive
Attack: Dexterity+martial arts=5+5+1(specialty)= 11

Withering Damage: Strength+damage=4+10= 14

Last edited:
Sherwood Sherwood , your defense after stunt is at 7 and attackers win ties as it counts as success at threshold 0. Do any of your effects trump ties?

Psychie Psychie , You evade the three pronged jaws of the beast as they lurched downward into the stands.

Greenstalker Greenstalker your attack lands, you are intending to deal damage to the central region, yes?

Last edited:
After Astian, Tiger, and the amalgamated necrotic horror act, The risen corpses and spirits of the various cutt throats strike, taking oppurtune swipes, lunges, and shambling swings at each of the exalts to throw them off their footing and focus.

Each character present must defend against a withering attack roll of 11 successes or be savaged by the fetid horde of dead thieves. Sherwood Sherwood , Psychie Psychie , Esbilon Esbilon , Epiphany Epiphany , Greenstalker Greenstalker .

Edit: Tiger strikes a deep gash upon the chest of the abomination, black sludgy blood slowly oozes from the wound but the risen fusion of man and beast seems unphased in its rampage.

Dancing for Lioness takes many forms. Dancing for fun, dancing for an audience, dancing with a partner, or as in this case, dancing for her life. With the horde of animated corpses closing in around her, she moves across the field of battle as easily as she would a ballroom or a tavern floor, her sword perfectly interposing itself whenever gnashing teeth or tearing claws would interrupt her flowing movement.

Activating Battle-Dancer Method (1m). Along with my rank 3 stunt (rated in Discord), I get Parry 12.

Personal: 1/1 (16)
Peripheral: 19/25 (40)
Active Charms:
10 Single Point Shining into the Void Form
5 Liquid Steel Flow
6 Increasing Strength Exercise

Anima level: Glowing (-3 Stealth/Disguice)

Willpower: 7/6

Withering Attack: (5+5+1+3) = 14 [+1 sux]
Withering Damage: (2+12) = 14 [21]
Decisive Attack: 11 [13]

Parry: (5+5+1)/2 +1 = 7
Soak: (3+7) = 10
Hardness: (0+4) = 4

Rykon Rykon In an earlier post, I did have Axtis use her Wings of the Raptor to go airborne to get some distance from the monster. Unless the bad guys have some reach weapons, she should be out of range of their attacks.

Hm, while they do have ranged eapons among some of them, that does put you out of close range for the scope of this attack. Once we get past this defense, we have the next round of actions. which should be Axtis, Griffon, and Xilanada in simultaneous action. Once your respective defense is resolved, go ahead and proceed with your action.

Though, I still need an answer to the ties question for the dodge from the abomination.

Tiger is almost out of essence so no extra action from him this turn. His defense is 7 with either parry or dodge and he has 11 soak (6 personal, 5 armor)

Incandescent runes manifest sigil by sigil, around Xilanada as her fingers weave their essence out of the world and into a useful, concentrated form. Shaping Sorcery is difficult. It doesn't make her oblivious, though. The flood of the dead come for her and she avoids them, much as one might avoid any flood; by ascending. Clawed hands reach for her and grasp only empty cloth as her robes twist and flutter, concealing her form beneath. And with each step they take forward, she takes one back, leaping backwards up a tier at a time to gain distance. Earlier, she'd kept close to the walls of the arena and those hanging tapestries deliberately. When they draw too close, one sweep of her hand and a sharp tug is enough to pull one of the immense fabrics from the wall to tumble down atop the wave of undead seeking to bury her.

OOC: As previously discussed in Discord, spending 8 motes on my Dodge Excellency, and spending another 8 motes on my Aegis of Geometric Perfection Evocation to reduce the raw withering damage coming my way by 8. Defense is 8, soak is (Stamina 2 + 5L = 6 in 3e?).

Each character present must defend against a withering attack roll of 11 successes or be savaged by the fetid horde of dead thieves.
Griffon looks at the swarming mass of undead with horror, and frantically spends some of her precious Essence to try and avoid the clawing attacks without throwing up.
Spending 10m to increase my DV to 10, a two dice stunt to boost my DV, and 1m on Drifting Leaf Elusion to be able to dodge an attack equal to my DV

Health Levels
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
I [ ]

Peripheral: 40 / 9

Gnomon Artifact Serpent Sting Staff: Type: Medium (+3 ACC, +12 DMG, +1 DEF, OVW 4)

Though, I still need an answer to the ties question for the dodge from the abomination.
Axtis is shocked at just how fast the necro-beast can move. If I let that get ahold of me, my wings won't matter much at all. Got to move!
Can I invoke Reed in the Wind to spend 2i to get a +1 DV to beat the monster? With Force Stealing Feint I still get a +1 to my Initiative.
Health Levels
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] - [ ]
-4 [ ]
I [ ]

Willpower: 7 / 5
Peripheral: 40 / 12

Powerbow: Type: Medium (+12 DMG, OVW 4) Accuracy: Close −1; Short +5; Medium +3; Long +1; Extreme −1

Defense of 8 avoids the abomination's attack.

Battegroup attack: Tiger is hit, Xilanada is hit. Axtis, Lioness, and Griffon evade...

Tiger loses only 1 initiative, Xilanada manages to shrug off the strike.

Sherwood Sherwood , Psychie Psychie , Epiphany Epiphany you're up in turn order.

Last edited:
The sudden mass of undead along with the shark-monster makes Axtis very glad that she has gone for altitude. She eyes the monster closely, then begins to unleash arrows into it rapid-fire.
Using the Charm Revolving Bow Discipline. It lets me continue to fire until I either miss or crash the initiative of my opponent. That gives me 18 dice to hit from Short Range. What is the DV of the target?

13 successes to hit on shot #1
13 successes to hit on shot #2
9 successes to hit on shot #3

Health Levels
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] - [ ]
-4 [ ]
I [ ]

Willpower: 7 / 4
Peripheral: 40 / 11

Last edited:
Griffon takes Sirrush and levels a Withering blast at the shark-thing, focusing her Essence into the scorching flame.
Spending 3m on Blossom of Inevitable Demise to give me double 10's on damage, and another 3m on Phoenix Flies on Golden Wings adding +4 damage from a close range blast. With my Aim that I had declared before, I have a total of 21 dice to hit.

Health Levels
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
I [ ]

Peripheral: 40 / 14

An audible sizzle cracks over the arena as the last mystical rune flames into existence around Xilanada and all of the icons suddenly brighten by four degrees of ferocity. The Twilight Caste raises her hands and the runes rearrange themselves into a flat sheet facing the horde of the undead and the monstrosity below. A moment later, the golden flame twists and darkens into ebony glass stretching for yards in all directions before her.

Then she drops her arms and the glass shatters into ten thousand butterflies wrought of obsidian and vengeful destruction. They flay every battle group and target within range.

OOC: 6 successes on an undodgeable decisive attack, inflicting -2 to Defense for battlegroups. Rolled 4 damage (and will edit this post and update once/if I roll extra successes over their defense).

Against a DV of 7, so far I have hit with all three shots. First and second both score 6 successes, and the third scores 2. What is the Soak of the monster?

Using the Charm Revolving Bow Discipline. It lets me continue to fire until I either miss or crash the initiative of my opponent. That gives me 18 dice to hit from Short Range.

13 successes to hit on shot #1
13 successes to hit on shot #2
9 successes to hit on shot #3
Health Levels
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] - [ ]
-4 [ ]
I [ ]

Willpower: 7 / 4

First and second attacks have raw damage of 21 minus the 15, leaving 6 dice. Third attack gets 17 dice, with an Overwhelming of 4. Rolling

First attack nets 5 successes
Second attack nets 2
Third attack nets 3

The horde had a significant number of corpses culled, but even many of those slashed and battered by the onslaught are up and angry.

Axtis's shots hit true, the heavy thud of impact in the rotting meat resounds in the stone dome with the horrid monstrosity reeling in anger.

NameInitiativeAction
Astian27X
Left Hand16X
Shori16X
Right Hand14X
Axtis13X
Lioness12X
Undead Horde7X
Abomination Core6X
Stalking Tiger5X
Griffon3<<<<<<<<<
Xilanada3X

Psychie Psychie it's Griffon's turn to act.

Last edited:
Griffon sights down the barrel of her flamepiece before she triggers off a massive blast of flame that launches out and washes over the body of the undead construct. She calls out, "I never did like sushi; I want my fish cooked!"
Using 3m on Phoenix Flies on Golden Wings to perform a Withering attack on the shark-critter. At Short range it gives me +3 successes on my damage. I'll also add +5 dice from my Martial Arts Excellency to boost my numbers. This gives me a total of 23 dice to hit.

15 successes. Against a DV 7 target, this leaves me 8 dice, +12 from damage.
Total of 11 L

Health Levels
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
I [ ]

Due to onslaught, DV would've been 4, go ahead and add the three damage dice.

Astian sees the near serpentine limbs flailing through the stands. Having rebounded off his last strike, he braces himself against the edges of the dome then blurs into a stream of motion from yet another leap. He'd land upon the top of the left arms head, glowing lance crackling and popping as the flesh was seared with molten heat. The speed of impact left a sonic boom following his wake, and the stone stands began to crack and buckle beneath the floundering mass of dead man and shark.

Astian delivers a decisive attack to that arm, augmented by thunderbolt attack prana. 12 attack successes, 16 levels of damage rolled, then doubled to 32. He's now reset back to a base of 4.

As a result of the attack, the rotten limb is cremated over the span of a few moments, the creature thrashes and howls from the fiery amputation, looking seriously hurt and seriously pissed.

Esbilon Esbilon you have two actions due to the form charm I believe. I'll update the table again here soon

Quick Corrections: I think there's a plus 1 initiative per hit reward, so that'd put Axtis at 16 init, and Griffon now adding 9 for the attack and +5 for the crash on the abomination core. so 17 for round 2.

Last edited:
Her dance with the zombie horde has left Lioness across from Astian when he delivers the blow that crushes the beast's left arm, and a feral grin takes form on her lips at the implicit challenge in the other solar's display of power. She runs towards the abomination, the light of her anima burning brighter with each step, and her bare feet carve ever deeper cracks in the stone. She leaps foward, golden light blazing from her forehead, her soul and her blade. The giant eponimous lioness of her Anima Banner roars above her as the golden blade in her hand carves into the necrotic monster.

I delay Shori's action to Initiative 17 and strike with both attacks at once. I use Thunderbolt Attack Prana and Fatal Stroke Flash to enhance both, with the wp cost of the latter being negated by the ending of Liquid Steel Flow. Assuming I hit with my personal attack, I also activate the Zenith Anima power to not reset Initiative after attacking a Creature of Darkness.

ST in Discord says rank 2 stunt.

Shori Attack: 13 dice +2 sux, double up to 5 9s = 4
Lioness Attack: 13 dice +2 sux, double up to 5 9s = 7

Shori Damage: 41 dice + 3 sux, doubled = 40 damage
Lioness Damage: 33 dice + 3 sux, doubled = 30 damage

New Shori Initiative: 3
New Lioness Initiative: 17

Personal: 1/6 (16)
Peripheral: 9/25 (40)
Active Charms:
10 Single Point Shining into the Void Form
6 Increasing Strength Exercise

Anima level: Glowing (-3 Stealth/Disguice)

Willpower: 6/6

Withering Attack: (5+5+1+3) = 14 [+1 sux]
Withering Damage: (2+12) = 14 [21]
Decisive Attack: 11 [+1 sux]
Decisive Damage modifier: [+2]

Parry: (5+5+1)/2 +1 = 7
Soak: (3+7) = 10
Hardness: (0+4) = 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back