• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Exalted 3E Solars of the Sky - IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Raw damage of 11, +1 from the Fiery Arrow Attack
A total of 3 lethal. The target now catches fire, and has to deal with 5L damage per round until she extinguishes herself.

The lady is burning, but still clinging bitterly to life.
[tdX][/td]
NameInitiativeAction
Griffon11<<<<<<<<<
Noshe Mob 49
Crowd Mob 49
Crowd Mob 17
Noshe Mob 16
Crowd Mob 26
Stalking Tiger6
Noshe Mob 35
Crowd Mob 35
Astian4X
Lioness3X
Axtis3X
???-B3
Xilanada3
Noshe Mob 22
???-A0KO
Psychie Psychie , you're up to bat. What does Griffon do?

Last edited:
Griffon lets out a snort. "Captain, you should leave the burning to me and Sirrush! Let me take care of this pesky Exalt over there." With her trusty flamepiece in hand, she levels the barrel to point at the Lunar and gently squeezes the trigger, using her own Essence to boost the damage done by the flames.
Spending 3m on Phoenix Flies on Golden Wings to add +4 Damage to my roll. Looks like I have only my 11 dice +1 from the stunt to my roll. A total of 9 successes to hit. Assuming I hit, only 3L damage is done.

Health Levels
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
I [ ]

Willpower: 7

Personal: 16
Peripheral: 40 / 25
Committed: 15

Join Battle: 8 + 3 successes

Parry: 4 - 5 with Gnonom
Evasion: 5 / 6 vs Ranged Attacks

Personal Soak: 3
Total Soak: 11
Hardness: 7

Guile: 5
Resolve: 3

Sirrush Artifact Flame Piece: Type: Medium (+12 DMG, OVW 4)
Accuracy: Close +1; Short +5; Medium +3; Long +1; Extreme −1
Gnomon Artifact Serpent Sting Staff: Type: Medium (+3 ACC, +12 DMG, +1 DEF, OVW 4)
Tags: Bashing, Melee, Reaching, Flexible, Martial Arts

The Lunar is ragged, bloody, smoldering, and still breathing after weathering an intense onslaught, but only barely. She takes a knee and falls against the wall, haggard, frantic, but no longer a present threat.

In each quadrant of seating, skirimishes ring out in a raucous commotion as the gang war ebbs and flows in each direction. Noshe's crew has lost significant morale and is being pushed back to the North(2).

NameInitiativeAction
Noshe Mob 49X
Crowd Mob 49X
Crowd Mob 17X
Noshe Mob 16X
Crowd Mob 26X
Stalking Tiger6X
Noshe Mob 35X
Crowd Mob 35X
Astian4X
Lioness3X
Axtis3X
Xilanada3<<<<<<<<<
Griffon3X
Noshe Mob 22
???-A0KO
???-B0KO

Epiphany Epiphany , it is Xilanada's turn.

The mob is an issue, but not an issue she needs to solve right now. That Exalt is the clear and present danger, and Astian the one in need. "Keep Vetter Tae alive," she whispers to her Agatae Charles and then she slips her stone into the starmetal sling and begins to whirl it. With a practiced hand, the Jess swiftly starts making a whistling noise that carries a hint of inevitability. As it picks up speed, Xilanada backs up and tries to get a better vantage point given the action is below and she's a couple tiers up. A nearby sound-muffling tapestry on the arena wall has the promise of being useful if she needs a diversion.

Then Astian's warning sinks in. "There's a Necromancer!" she calls out to her Circlemates. And seeing the Lunar firmly handled, she redirects her attention to a search for the remaining danger to her group.

Last edited:
Noshe's mob's are starting to dwindle, the northern one is routed with their cutt throats scattering to the undercity catacombs. Folks seated upon the third tier are in an utter panic, though no fighting seems to have broken out yet.

Greenstalker Greenstalker , Tiger sees his prey a bloody, crippled heap upon the stone flooring. You catch a glint of Soulsteel on the smoldering body next to her, Astian still combing his gaze across the stands. With the cry of necromancer ringing from Xilanada, how does he proceed?

As he saw soulsteel and Xilanada's call Tiger quickly glances through audience with his essence filled eyes especially looking for odd moves while he moves closer to closest noshe's mob. As he passes the mob and continues to climb higher He swings his razor claw towards him partly to make him move away from him partly to get rid off another peon in the chess board if he can help it. Tigers distorted figure looks like he has natural claws rather than razor claws so the visage of something like that walking towards him would intimidating enough itself.
Tiger actively searching for necromancer while moving up and getting close to Noshe's man. He flurries searching and attacking both gets -3 penalty.
Awareness(5)+perception(3)-flurry(3)= 2 Success
Withering Attack(16)-flurry(3)= 6 Success (need to know how much extra success if any occured for damage)
Stunt(2) added to attack: 1
Total Attack Success: 7
Health Levels
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
I [ ]

Willpower: 7 (16 BP) ⬤⬤⬤⬤⬤⬤⬤

Personal: 10 / 16 (3 recovered)
Peripheral: 12 / 40 (15 committed to artifacts, 5 committed to sensory acuit prana, 8 committed to ebon shadow form, 2 recovered)

Join Battle: Wits+Awareness=5+5+1(fast reflexes)=11 (+1 danger sense) (+1 ambush specialty) or
Dexterity+Stealth (blinding battle feint 3m)= 5+5+1(fast reflexes)+1 (ambush or combat specialty)= 12

Parry: Dexterity+Martial Arts= 5+5+1(specialty)=11/2= 6 + 1(ebon shadow form)= 7
Evasion
: dexterity+dodge=5+5+1(specialty)=11/2= 6 + 1(ebon shadow form)= 7

Personal Soak: 4+2(Stone of Resilient Bamboo)= 6
Total Soak
:6+5(armor) = 11
Hardness
: 4

Guile: Manipulation+Socialize=2+1=3/2= 2
Resolve
: Wits+integrity=5+1=6/2= 3

Withering Attack: dexterity+martial arts= 5+5+1(speciality)+5(accuracy)= 16
Decisive
Attack: Dexterity+martial arts=5+5+1(specialty)= 11

Withering Damage: Strength+damage=4+10= 14

Tiger strikes the group successfully, soak is 6 roll damage.

Astian leaps to the third tier and manages to spot his mark. With a hard toss, the spear sails across the dome and into the southern stands, striking a slim figure in thick black wool with a gnarled cane. The strike doesn't draw blood, but does knock the man aside in an odd stumble. Sunlight burst on impact, with the spear reforming in its master's hand.

Esbilon Esbilon Lioness is up next.

Though she shows no overt sign of her Exalted nature, no mortal could move like Lioness does after Griffon's shot has felled the pale-haired woman she struck moments earlier. Upon seeing that Astian has found his mark, she takes three increasingly lengthy steps before leaping through the air, her golden blade trailing her until she lands and it swings into the stumbling man, forcing him ever further back.

Once more I'm Monkey Leaping (with Peripheral Essence) all over the place, then following that up with two attacks since I've delayed previously delayed my sword-action due to not having a target. While flying, I activate Liquid Steel Flow with Personal Essence, and upon landing I use the Martial Arts Excellency to give myself three extra dice to hit with the sword-action. If I hit with one of the attacks, I'll spend 1wp to make LSF scene-long.

This is then a pair of Withering attacks. Assuming at least a rank 1 stunt, the first has 19 dice, and the second 16.
Damage for both is 19 + extra sux - soak.

Shori-attack: 9 sux + stunt
Lioness-attack: 9 sux + stunt

Shori-Damage: 7
Lioness-Damage: 8

Personal: 1/1 (16)
Peripheral: 26/31 (40)
Active Charms:
10 Single Point Shining into the Void Form
Liquid Steel Flow

Willpower: 5/6

Withering Attack: (5+5+1+3) = 14
Withering Damage: (2+12) = 14
Decisive Attack: 11

Parry: (5+5+1)/2 +1 = 7
Soak: (3+7) = 10
Hardness: (0+4) = 4

Last edited:
What targets are still standing? I'm not sure who to shoot at.
Health Levels
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] - [ ]
-4 [ ]
I [ ]

Peripheral: 40 / 27
Committed: 13

Join Battle: 9 +3 Successes - +5 Successes from Flashing Vengeance Draw (3m)

Parry: 4
Resolve: 4
Guile: 2

Total Soak: 11 / Hardness: 7

Powerbow: Type: Medium (+12 DMG, OVW 4) Accuracy: Close −1; Short +5; Medium +3; Long +1; Extreme −1
Short Sword: Type: Light (+7 DMG, OVW 1) Accuracy: +4

Axtis smiles to herself at the sight of the one Exalt falling under the mass amount of fire, but is slightly disappointed that she was not the one that felled her. Now, Astian seems to be focused on someone specific, and she decides it is time to get serious. Once more, she raises up her bow and channels her Essence into the weapon, preparing to unleash a virtual arrow storm on this Necromancer. One by one, the flaming arrows rip through the air as they seek to end the life of this other being.
Using Rain of Feathered Death in combination with Fiery Arrow Attack, firing off a total of five decisive shots at the Necromancer. This is spending 17m 1wp, and is going to light me up since all of this is coming from peripheral Essence.

To hit: 13 dice to roll on each shot
11 successes on #1
5 successes on #2
7 successes on #3
11 successes on #4
7 successes on #5

Health Levels
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] - [ ]
-4 [ ]
I [ ]

Willpower: 7 / 6
Peripheral: 40 / 10

Powerbow: Type: Medium (+12 DMG, OVW 4) Accuracy: Close −1; Short +5; Medium +3; Long +1; Extreme −1

Damage roll: Strength(4)+weapon(10)+threshold(6-4)-soak(6)= 10 dice (not sure if 10's count or not against battle groups but it is either 1 or 2 success)

Tiger gets 1 initiative for successful withering attack

New Initiative: 7

So, for my damage, do I just roll my Initiative (thanks to my Charm, effectively 5 on each shot) or do I add weapon damage and Strength into it? Combat in 3e is weird.

Edit: Looking at my cheat sheet, I only roll my Initiative for damage, so here comes my five damage rolls, assuming that they all will hit.

#1: 2L thanks to the +1 from Fiery Arrow Attack
#2: 2L
#3: 2L
#4: 3L
#5: 3L

Last edited:
As Tiger himself ascends to the third tier, a sharp shriek of someone being acquainted with the epitome of suffering pierces the chaos, drawing attention to Tiger after having gut the man like a wriggling fish.

When Axtis fires into the third tier, the necromancer drops the glamor upon himself, ragged coat burning black to ashes within a flash. The cane he bears is revealed to show a wrackstaff woven of bone and soulsteel etched in runes of moonsilver. When his blackened blood drips upon the skull adorning the blunt end of the staff, a flash of ravens bursts from his body, leaving nothing behind but the ashes of his disguise. While he is nowhere to be seen at present, you can tell from the sound of impact and the blood splatter that the hits definitely made their mark in dealing significant damage, but at that moment the arena begins to quake.

You notice streams of blood pouring in from the cutt-throat skirmishes around the first and second tiers down into the salt water pit in the center. A deafening ring screams through the dome from the iron bar work of the inner dome crumbling to fine sand, mixing in with the blood-water, shark corpses, and a couple of human corpses. In that moment all active battle groups are routed, fleeing the arena in a panic.

From the briny pink slush emerges a singular paragon of malice wrapped in a hideous amalgamated hide of rotten shark and man flesh. Its head was like the bodies of three sharks in one, three eyes on each side of the three-pronged maw of razors. Its arms were thick and of marbled tone between the blue-gray of the sharks and the coloration of the fallen humans. Each hand was the entire front half of a Shark, jaws opening back to the where the wrists would be, fully equipped the whole way with rows and rows of dagger teeth.

From the back you hear, moans, growls, cries, and shrieks in a blundering chorus of rising corpses. Those sensitive to the flows of essence feel the nature of the arena begin to turn as the fight begins again.

Each character has two full actions to prepare for what's coming, but the target has not emerged until after this point. Movement will require a Dexterity+Athletics roll, difficulty two to keep balance during these two actions.

NameInitiativeAction
Astian23
Abomination Core20
Left Hand17
Shori16
Right Hand15
Lioness12
Undead Horde7Size 2
Stalking Tiger7
Griffon3
Axtis3
Xilanada3

Last edited:
When the necro-monster starts to come out of the water, Axtis feels a rush of excitement. Time to go to the air to keep clear of that thing. She fluffs out her cloak and spends her Essence, and suddenly, a pair of feathered wings spread out from her back. With a thought, her wings beat down and launch Axtis into the air, her anima blazing with the glory of the Unconquered Sun.
Spending 8m 1wp on Raptor Takes Flight on my Wings of the Raptor. Provides me with flight for the rest of the scene.

Health Levels
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] - [ ]
-4 [ ]
I [ ]

Willpower: 7 / 5
Peripheral: 40 / 12

As the thing starts to come out of the water, Griffon takes a moment to stare in disgust that someone would make such a monstrosity. While the ground shakes, she activates her Charm of Graceful Crane Stance to be able to keep on the move away from the thing, taking careful aim with her flamepiece.
Spending 3m on Graceful Crane Stance and is moving back out to short range, performing an aim action until it is her turn to attack.

Health Levels
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
I [ ]

Peripheral: 40 / 25

Join Battle: 8 + 3 successes

Parry: 4 - 5 with Gnonom

Total Soak: 11
Hardness: 7

Guile: 5
Resolve: 3

Sirrush Artifact Flame Piece: Type: Medium (+12 DMG, OVW 4)
Accuracy: Close +1; Short +5; Medium +3; Long +1; Extreme −1
Gnomon Artifact Serpent Sting Staff: Type: Medium (+3 ACC, +12 DMG, +1 DEF, OVW 4)
Tags: Bashing, Melee, Reaching, Flexible, Martial Arts

With unhurried grace, Lioness leaps to stand across from Astian around the central pit. Despite the shaking of the chamber and panic of the quickly-departing mortals, she stands serenely ready. In a moment, she catches their new Solar friend's eyes and nods, the full sun of the Zenith now glowing on her forehead.

Using Monkey leap technique to get into position and activating Increasing Strength Exercise for +2 Strength. Rolling Dex+Ath with a rank 1 stunt to stay standing, and manages!

Peripheral: 25/25 (40)
Active Charms:
5 Liquid Steel Flow
6 Increasing Strength Exercise

Anima level: Glowing (-3 Stealth/Disguice)

Withering Attack: (5+5+1+3) = 14 [+1 sux]
Withering Damage: (2+12) = 14 [21]
Decisive Attack: 11 [13]

The rising of the monstrous perversion doesn't give her a lot of time, but it's a rare opportunity to make a contribution to the battle. Though she rarely weilds her Sorcery in combat, her Circlemates certainly know what she's capable of.

So, there's no question that when her motions take on the peculiar quality of ritual and the air itself bleeds essence the way those bodies down there bleed blood, lethal butterflies are on their way.

As emerging monster was drawing all attention to itself. Tiger once again twirls his heavy coat and slowly blends into darkness getting out of sight. He than channels some essence to his legs to move gracefully above the chairs railing and watches the events unfolding as he prepares himself to strike down to necromancer.

Tiger reflexively commits 3 mote to graceful crane stance.
He than spends 5 personal mote on stealth excellency to reenter concealment. If he is successful all enemies that failed their awareness check loses 1 initiative from ebon shadow form. Tiger spends 1 mote and 1 willpower to use Perfect Shadow Stillness to reroll his stealth check keeping 10 rolling 15 if he is successful he gets 1 temporary willpower.

As his second action Tiger activates Shadow Victor's Repose by spending 3 peripheral mote it is a mute charm. He also spends 5 mote for awareness excellency to get join battle roll to his initiative.

Currently Active Charms: Sensory Acuit Prana, Ebon Shadow Form, Graceful Crane Stance

Stealth roll to reenter concealment: stealth (5) + dexterity (5) + 1 (combat specialty) + Excellency (5) = 16 dice
Result= Keep one 10 reroll 15 dice : 11 success to reenter stealth

Join Battle roll: Wits (5)+ awareness (5) + excellency (5) = 15 dice
Result= 3+9= 12 added to initiative.

New Initiative: 19
Health Levels
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
I [ ]

Willpower: 5/7 (spend 1 for Shadow Victor's repose, spend 1 for Perfect Shadow Stillness.) (16 BP) ⬤⬤⬤⬤⬤⬤⬤

Personal: 9 / 16 (1st action 5 recovered, 1st action 5 spend on stealth excellency, 1 mote spend for Perfect Shadow Stillness, 2nd action 5 recovered, 2nd action spend 5 for Awareness Excellency)
Peripheral: 6 / 40 (15 committed to artifacts, 5 committed to sensory acuit prana, 8 committed to ebon shadow form,1st action 3 mote committed to graceful crane stance, 2nd action 3 mote spend for shadow Victor's repose)
Committed: 15 (artifacts) 16(charms)

Join Battle: Wits+Awareness=5+5+1(fast reflexes)=11 (+1 danger sense) (+1 ambush specialty) or
Dexterity+Stealth (blinding battle feint 3m)= 5+5+1(fast reflexes)+1 (ambush or combat specialty)= 12

Parry: Dexterity+Martial Arts= 5+5+1(specialty)=11/2= 6 + 1(ebon shadow form)= 7
Evasion
: dexterity+dodge=5+5+1(specialty)=11/2= 6 + 1(ebon shadow form)= 7

Personal Soak: 4+2(Stone of Resilient Bamboo)= 6
Total Soak
:6+5(armor) = 11
Hardness
: 4

Guile: Manipulation+Socialize=2+1=3/2= 2
Resolve
: Wits+integrity=5+1=6/2= 3

Withering Attack: dexterity+martial arts= 5+5+1(speciality)+5(accuracy)= 16
Decisive
Attack: Dexterity+martial arts=5+5+1(specialty)= 11

Withering Damage: Strength+damage=4+10= 14

Last edited:
Now that the unearthly beast has emerged, Astian braces himself against the shaking stone before heaving the sunlight harpoon through the air toward the rotting chimera of man and shark. This strike lands true upon its chest, spear bursting in a pop of light on impact before returning to its master.

The rotting golem roars with rage, flailing both limbs through the stands with each mouth howling its foul cry. Griffon, Axtis, and Lioness each have a withering attack at 7 successes targeting them.

Once you have declared and applied defense, it will be Shori and Lioness's turn as this attack consumes each "region's" action.

NameInitiativeAction
Astian27
Abomination Core16
Left Hand16
Shori16
Right Hand14
Lioness12
Stalking Tiger7
Undead Horde6Size 2
Griffon3
Axtis3
Xilanada3

A smile forms involuntarily on Lioness's lips as the monstrous shark-limb rushes towards her. Lesser fights are satisfying enough on their own, but battles like this are what it takes to make her blood roil in her veins. As the snapping mouth approaches her, she jumps forward and braces her blade against dagger-like teeth, using the combined momentum of her jump and the monstrosity's swing to carry her over.

She lands on top of the limb and slices it up as she runs along it; pus, bile and rotten blood spilling forth. At last, she reaches the beast's tripple-head and slashes out, blinding its eyes with the sharp edge of her blade.

I'm making a pair of Withering attacks, the first (Shori's) with +2 to attack, and the second (Lioness's) with +3, both from Excellencies. Assuming rank 1 stunts, and both have +1 sux from Liquid Steel Flow.

Shori attack: 7 sux
Lioness attack: 11 sux

[ST in Discord: Arm is defense 7, core is currently at 6. Soak is 15, hardness 10]

Shori damage: 4
Lioness damage: 4

New Initiative:
Shori: 21
Lioness: 17

Peripheral: 20/25 (40)
Active Charms:
5 Liquid Steel Flow
6 Increasing Strength Exercise

Anima level: Glowing (-3 Stealth/Disguice)

Withering Attack: (5+5+1+3) = 14 [+1 sux]
Withering Damage: (2+12) = 14 [21]
Decisive Attack: 11
Decisive Damage modifiers: +2

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back