• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Exalted 3E Solars Adventure

Not sure yet if I'm going for sorcery.
In another subject, anyone know any good artifact weapons thematically apropriate from blacksmiths ?

Finally got a fix on my concept:
A Twilight Caste blacksmith/craftsman. The guy looks like a brute leading just everyone to assume he is an idiot or just a tool for destruction. As no one else has got one, what do people think of me taking the Manse Merit, to represent where all the weapons/gadgets... or our airship are crafted ?
Sounds like Hephaestus and make manse in a tall volcano so noone would guess that is our hiding spot.

Volcano goes without saying. In practice I was more inspired by Vulkan and Pertubaro from 40k.... which I realize now is more or less the same thing.

I have an unrelenting passion for Exalted, if some difficulty with 3e (i.e. haven't actually played it, still don't think I have the rules down all that well). I also have a work/life balance issue where every couple of months I'm generally tanked for a week or two. If those aren't deal breakers for you, I'm interested. If they are, fair enough.

Inclined to resurrect a 1e Solar of mine, Xilanada, and give her the 3e treatment if I can prevail upon the good Esbilon Esbilon for aid. :) In the context of this game, an Eclipse Sorcerer war criminal who ditched her old body and became someone new by cutting a deal with Shalrina, Goddess of Masks, leaving her to find a new way to survive while keeping ahead of her past mistakes.

We have room for 1 last person by my count. You're more than welcome if you want to join.

After a spectacular bout of trying to find a set of Caste Abilities that were (A) not niche stomping (B) likely to be useful in a game with airships and (C) thrilling, I gave up on trying to be an Eclipse and will instead be a Twilight. Midboss doing the crafting thing works out perfectly; definitely going the social sorcerer "Forger of pacts and dealer in demons and spirits of all kinds" route.

I understand. The only ones that would likely be relevant to this crew are Occult, Larceny, and Sail. Two of which fall under A

I guess am a bit late for the party?

If not, I'd want to add a Bureaucracy Supernal Eclipse to the mix.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back