• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Exalted 3E Solars Adventure

I'll go ahead and put a dot into Followers to get a crew, and perhaps a Ally.

Whatever flavor of companions is appropriate for sailing crew and perhaps combatants should be fine.

I've conferred with the council of doom and I have some plot outlines to work on once I have a clearer picture of party make up and desired direction.

Hi.

I might be interested in this game.
Two small questions, what sort of plot are we going for and what castes are already taken ?

I have a Dawn Caste 99% done, and Psychie Psychie was talking about a Night.

We are going to be Airship pirates! Arrr! Like the Exalted version of the Millennium Falcon, but with a larger crew.

Sounds fun.
Three follow up questions then:
Where does the game locate on the seriousness/sillyness scale ?
How does the GM feel about Air Folk ?
How does the GM feel about the concept of a Zenith Cast using the power of rock (with their own artifact guitar) ?

Silly just doesn't feel right for me in 3E like it did 2E. I'd prefer to stick to the desired theme of play rather than reign in highly divergent character concepts.

I'm loathe to do too much more customization management than will already be necessary for this game as well. So other than abstracting guesses at airboat stats, let's try and stick to what's printed for 3E

We can probably waive the fuel mechanic with any magically sustained heat source you could reasonably justify. From elemental, hearthstone, or lesser artifact.
I have a level two hearthstone tagged on my sheet to help power the ship, if that's ok with you.

Given the nature of the pirate genre of game. I'd encourage you to make the ship your baby. Sorcerous workings, weapon addons, artifact machinery, whatever you think will give that firefly level of unique possession, I'm all for.

Sounds good. I guess I need to drop a few Charms to afford some guns on this baby.

Ok, I'm looking at a 5 dot Ally that is a Outcaste Dragon-Blooded as our chief engineer, and I'm getting an Lightning Ballista for the bow of the ship. Is there a version of the spell Ritual of Elemental Empowerment in 3e that anyone knows of? We could use that spell to really trick out the ship big time.

I don't think so. My guess is that it will be a part of whatever sorcery book that will someday be out.

In that case, I think I may want to play an twillight. Mad inventor sort of guy and highly eccentric. Think Varrick from Legend of Korra.

Ok, I'm looking at a 5 dot Ally that is a Outcaste Dragon-Blooded as our chief engineer, and I'm getting an Lightning Ballista for the bow of the ship. Is there a version of the spell Ritual of Elemental Empowerment in 3e that anyone knows of? We could use that spell to really trick out the ship big time.
We can do that and more with a working.

3E sorcery has the working system which let's you create non spell permanent effects upon the world. They cost xp, but anything that remove their long term relevance to the game gets it refunded.

Cool. How many points are we talking about? If it is a handful, I can see putting a few to the ship now.

I got it, just lemme know any specifics you want.
Just the basic Sorcerer/Engineer. Someone to help keep the ship in the sky, and to aid in the defense and powering everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back