• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Exalted 3e: Shadows of the Setting Sun (Closed)

After some review, I'm probably going to stick to a Reaper Daiklave with SPSitV as a distant wishlist item for Toun. Most crunch to adjust the character down from E2 to E1 is done, just considering what merits I want to start with.

Among such things, I'm trying to think of a good mentor. Assuming Gerd Marrow-Eater is still canon that might be my go to option. As a fellow northern Lunar, do you have an opinion on a shared mentor Sherwood Sherwood ?

Among such things, I'm trying to think of a good mentor. Assuming Gerd Marrow-Eater is still canon that might be my go to option. As a fellow northern Lunar, do you have an opinion on a shared mentor Sherwood Sherwood
Had not thought about a mentor, but if we are to know one another, it could be a good thing to do. I'm still working on my background. My character is an escaped slave from a tribe of barbarians that went on the run.

Oh, background overlap could be fun. Considering Toun's "barbarian" tribe was killed by another barbarian tribe, perhaps our characters could pursue a mutual vendetta against your character's captors?

I like that. I'll have to try to work that into my story and Intimacies.

There is no Melee, there is only Dexterity.

Edit: Cheesy Starwars joke aside, I think Sherwood said he was considering White Reaper.
Oh yes. I forgot!

Hmm. Sherwood Sherwood

If you were considering white reaper. And I was considering white reaper. Want to maybe think of a way to connect that?

I will also toss out Golden Jannissary in the Dragon-Blooded book also uses spears and could complement it quite nicely when it comes to mobility and meting out well-deserved justice.

Not going with the martial art style, just raw strength with a lance in her hand.

I will also toss out Golden Jannissary in the Dragon-Blooded book also uses spears and could complement it quite nicely when it comes to mobility and meting out well-deserved justice.
I considered it. But white reaper felt much more appropriate of a style for a mortal to earn a reputation as a demon. Janissary style seemed fitting for someone with more noble intentions.

I considered it. But white reaper felt much more appropriate of a style for a mortal to earn a reputation as a demon. Janissary style seemed fitting for someone with more noble intentions.
Oh, I wouldn't start with both, just know that when you feel like you've hit your limit there's still more you can stack on top if you think it'll work for your character at the time they reach that crossroad.

Speaking of starting versus progressing... I've really just got a couple languages, a hearthstone, and a couple basic equipment artifacts down as merits so far. I usually like working to build up narratively important things like a Lunar Dominion or Beast army. I guess I'll leave a few points free just in case I need to give the poor man some spending cash or another nifty trinket or some such.

Oh, I wouldn't start with both, just know that when you feel like you've hit your limit there's still more you can stack on top if you think it'll work for your character at the time they reach that crossroad.

Speaking of starting versus progressing... I've really just got a couple languages, a hearthstone, and a couple basic equipment artifacts down as merits so far. I usually like working to build up narratively important things like a Lunar Dominion or Beast army. I guess I'll leave a few points free just in case I need to give the poor man some spending cash or another nifty trinket or some such.
Thats not a bad idea! Could be something fun to work towards if we make it that far.

You know, we could go on a barbarian raid and get some riches by looting. Get Toun some pocket change.

Indeed. I can see the dynastic philosophers debated the ethics of killing these poor people made into puppets by celestial devilry up until they pillaged an entire swath of countryside to buy a sandwich. Sounds good to me.

Indeed. I can see the dynastic philosophers debated the ethics of killing these poor people made into puppets by celestial devilry up until they pillaged an entire swath of countryside to buy a sandwich. Sounds good to me.
I mean... it was for a pretty good sandwhich.

Remember the time I tried running an Abyssal / Infernal dual-party game with another ST here? We pointed both groups at destroying/enslaving Creation to see who would do it first?

That sounds like it was crazy. I can say that I couldn't handle a game with that many people in it. You are a brave soul.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back