• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Exalted 3e DB Interest Check

Epiphany Epiphany Nope, not closed yet. We currently have an Air IO Ledaal magister, a Fire Cathak swordswoman, a water Mnemon socialite, and an air Peleps sorcerer for hire. A Wood Sesus could prove to shake things up. What kind of sorcerer were you thinking to be? There are plenty of Sorcerous archetypes to choose from.

To be honest, I haven't had an opportunity until now to start reading the new DB book. Also haven't actually played a game of 3e ever. Esbilon nudged me here, I suspect in hopes of finally nudging me into the modern world of Exalted (so to speak, not to be confused with Shards) and I'll admit I'm willing to give it a try. Just admitting I'm a long time 2e player but new to 3e.

Didn't realize someone else was playing a Sorcerer (or at least, it's not mentioned in the interest check thread itself). I suppose I could go for a Medicine focused healer-type or something. Or even a sneaky Archery/Survival type. I'm not married to any particular concept just yet so whatever rounds out the group is fine with me. As it is, my default would be a Sorcerer on the look out for arcane secrets they can bring home to empower their family, whose spells are probably more geared towards the practical rather than particularly combat focused.

If you'd rather I go Sesus than Cynis, I suppose I could!

Epiphany Epiphany sorry, i was bouncing around threads typed Sesus instead of Cynis and didn't catch it.

I too was a longtime 2e player, but I don't know if I could go back. Not that I think 3e is the best system since sliced bread, but it really had a bunch of quality of life changes that I didn't fully appreciate until I went back and reread some 2e things (not having to jump between a Core, an Errata Doc, an Ink Monkey's Doc, and probably 3 other books just to cook up a character is nice too). And that is just the mechanics. The shift in fluff tone and approach to worldbuilding, let alone the content is vastly more engaging to me. I found the new DB book a real pageturner, and I am hungrily awaiting The Realm, when previously trying to get through any DB or Realm material in 2e was a chore (Thousand Actions of the Upright Soldier was a decent read though).

Character talk mostly moved to the OOC thread, which you are welcome to join.
Dice - The Fajadi Affair of Descending Fire RY 768 (Exalted 3e Dragon-Blooded) (Characters)
Dice - The Fajadi Affair of Descending Fire RY 768 (Exalted 3e Dragon-Blooded) (OOC)

Our current sorcerer has a more utility outlook than blasto as well. No one has a single dot of medicine or archery, let alone charms. Almost comedically, everyone has 1 dot in stealth.

I do happen to be a ranged attacker with my Chakrams. But, having a dedicated Archer wouldn't hurt.

Now that I see the Characters thread, yeah, I think I'll go Cynis Wood Aspect with an aim to do Archery, Medicine and Stealth. Maybe Survival. Not sure I'm really into a hunter, necessarily, but I'll meditate on the concept and see what comes to me.

If Archery doesn't appeal to you, you could always take a look at Martial Arts. Yes we have an Immaculate in the group, but there's so many styles, picking a different one isn't liable to hurt.

I'm planning to dip into Water Dragon Style. At least if we're going to be fighting very much at all.

In the 16 years since DBs came out in 1e, I've never actually played a DB Archer. So, I think I'll do that. For the moment, though, I'm trying to read through What Fire Has Wrought. Though I suppose I could just skip to the character generating parts and get on with a shell of the character. I just don't know what's changed in the lore yet.

In the 16 years since DBs came out in 1e, I've never actually played a DB Archer. So, I think I'll do that. For the moment, though, I'm trying to read through What Fire Has Wrought. Though I suppose I could just skip to the character generating parts and get on with a shell of the character. I just don't know what's changed in the lore yet.

A decent amount but not all of it would necessarily impact chargen directly. Maybe read through the Great House writeups at least, or outcaste section if you weren't necessarily interested in being a member of the Dynasty. The Houses have been significantly tweaked, and some new and interesting Outcaste groups have been added. I'd even be open to a custom Outcaste if that tickles your fancy.

If we're not necessarily all Dynasts, that opens up some interesting options. I've always been fond of the Sijanese Mortwrights, for one. Or, if my head doesn't crack open, I could finally try a Forest Witch...

Or I'll just read the setting doc and see what I can do over the weekend.

If we're not necessarily all Dynasts, that opens up some interesting options. I've always been fond of the Sijanese Mortwrights, for one. Or, if my head doesn't crack open, I could finally try a Forest Witch...

Or I'll just read the setting doc and see what I can do over the weekend.

Yeah, Dynastic heritage not required. Just keep in mind that campaign start is in a Satrapy in the Northwest, but it is a major shipping lane to the West.

A reason and ability to be on this side of the map, and a willingness to work with Dyansts should do you well. So Lookshyan might be a little hard to swing unless you are a deserter or something. I dunno if Forest Witches go on a rumspringa type thing, but that could work.

I'm 98% sure I'll go with a Dynast, unless something in the Outcaste section really jumps out at me.

This still open? would love to try a 3e DB game. Am occasionally running a single-player Solar 3e game

If there is room, I want to play a Ragara Earth Aspect Geomancer/Builder

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back