• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Exalted 3e DB Interest Check

On the Blessed Isle, as the Great Houses focus more on preparing for tomorrow's conflicts than today's responsibilities, discord and unrest pervade, and banditry is on the rise. This growing instability has ripple effects throughout all of the Realm. In the Northwest, centered around a peculiar port satrapy, a strange religious movement has gained momentum, and borders on the edge of a peasant revolt. In this troubled satrapy circumstances gather a group of young Princes of the Earth who might just shape the future of the Realm. Will Fajad, with it's new Ahbari prophet, be the stage for the next age of war?

This is an interest check for an Exalted 3e game using the Dragon-Blooded KS Backer manuscript. Characters would not necessarily need to be Dynasts, as so fantastically demonstrated by the chapter fiction anthology, a group of dragon-blooded from disparate backgrounds can come together to conquer adversity, but it might be a bit of a stretch to have a Lookshyan snooping aorund so far from home. Off the top of my head, pretty much anything from Arms of the Chosen would be acceptable, review rights reserved, although I don't think you would be getting terribly too much use out of rushing to get a Warstrider at chargen in this campaign... maybe later. I'm looking to run the gamut of combat, social intrigue, and nation building and I'll even ST crafting if that is your bag ( or if you want to make bags).

Let's play the beginnings of Revolutions and Civil Wars and the ends of Empires with elemental demigods on a flat earth.

Sherwood Sherwood

I am absolutely interested. So looking forward to a 3e game.

I've been talking to Momo a bit in PMs, and have a Air Aspect Immaculate Order monk written up. I'm just trying to flesh out her background and get a better picture of my character in my head.

I too am exceedingly interested! I've been reading the new book, but am far from through it.
Same. Long gone are the days when I can devour a sourcebook in a week. I'm about halfway through a detailed read of the charms chapter, and bounced around the MA, QCs, spells and artifacts.

Getting back into PbP, it looks like all of my old preferred dice rollers are dead. Recommendations?

Is there one? From what I was reading it went dead with an update, and I don't see anything to roll dice on here currently. Poking around other dice games I saw someone using rolz.org

Yes. When you post a message, you then have to go in and hit the edit function. At the bottom will be a tab for 'Throw Dice'. Once you hit that, pick the face and number of dice you want, and roll. It cannot be deleted, so there is no 'rolling a dozen times to get the result you want' effect.

I get an error trying to view that thread, and I'm not seeing any dice option when I go to post in the Dice forum. Is there any documentation? Does the diceroller do TNs, Double X, and rerolls native? I should probably take this to the community forum instead of cluttering up my own interest thread...

edit: I see the edit options now... Thanks for the assist.

I'm interested if you have room. Nice to see a bunch of familiar faces still here after quite some time.

EDIT: Worth mentioning, I do have access to KS manuscripts as a backer. I'm just lacking Arms of the Chosen.

Last edited:
I'm strongly leaning towards a fire-aspected dynastic socialite. Not entirely sure about which House would serve better. I'm leaning towards Mnemon, Peleps or Cathak, but that doesn't really mesh well with the aforementioned. I like those houses because I think they could quite reasonably team up and form a very strong core for one side of the civil war, but we'll see. I'm open to ideas from the group or the ST :)

Sherwood Sherwood , did you have a house in mind?

Psychie Psychie Kewl. Dynast, Outcaste?

Rykon Rykon welcome aboard. I didn't have a target group size, and I haven't hit my limit just yet. Arms isn't mandatory, just has lots of goodies in it, and really greatly demonstrates what artifacts can do, much better than the core. I'm willing to help flesh out any artifacts you might want to cook up.

When our sheets are done, do you want us to PM them to you, or just wait until you make up the Character thread in the Dice section?

Esbilon Esbilon So we have a confirmed Cathak, and Ledaal. We could double dip on the Cathak, as Fajad is a Cathak satrapy, so built in reason to be there, or we could round out a power block and go Peleps or Mnemon, or "I'll make my own power block, with blackjack and hookers approach" and roll as something else.

Helpful little infographic someone put together-
naMGJ0U.png

While all this is fun and good, not everyone has to be a dutiful member of their house, or could marry out of it, and at least at campaign start the Blessed Isle is a long ways away, so don't feel too constrained by it.

edit: just saw your post. A Mnemon is fine too.

Honestly a bit baffled for this game now that I think about it. Hard to decide on Aspect and House .-.

I've started gravitating toward Lookshy the more I read 3E so I may just go outcaste. Still working on piecing a few ideas together.

EDIT: Workin on an Air Aspect concept which should be a mobile close quarter fighter. Thinkin probably house Peleps to round things out if not Outcaste.

Last edited:
Also interested, if this isn't closed yet. Thinking of a Wood-Aspected Cynis Sorcerer if that's a thing I can do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back