• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Exalted 3: Sea of Dreams

Crocodile

Mister Zero
Supporter
Roleplay Type(s)
Exalted 3rd has many wondrous locations. In this case, the game is taking place in the redesigned South East.

You find yourselves as Solar Exalts in the region of the Dreaming Sea. Various great nations have come to exist here, with the grip of the Realm only visible in the existence of the Empire of Prasad ruled over by Dragonbloods houses at the top of a caste system and severely altered version of the Immaculate Philosophy which upholds the Dynasts as living gods.

Beyond Prasad are the various great city-states and their outlying lands such as eternally shadowed Champoor which lies under the sway of the Dragon Tenepeshu, Queen of the Court of Secrets.

To the north across Dreaming Sea lies Volivat, a land of mortals empowered by First Age wonders to breed its citizens from ten fathers to create humans capable of essence manipulation on the level of Dragonblooded.

Beyond these lands lies the Sea itself which is home to pirates, fae and other dark secrets and forgotten wonders.

Lying close to the edge of Creation eastward is the sorcerous nation of Y'syr. Here you are either an empowered wielder of sorcery or a mutant slave if you aren't from one of their conquered client states.

What will you bring to this Sea of Dreams? Can you save it? Will you choose to conquer it? The Realm is far off and the Chosen of the Sun awaken again.
-----

So yes, this region is one that can hold much potential and various options. It has many tales to follow. Whose up for it?

Last edited:
Yeah, I've been happy with 3rd ed so far but I very much want to sink my teeth into it as a player.

So, have either of you found a game? I was just wondering. While I am not interested in playing or running that edition I would not mind reading the posts. Let me know if either or you here anything.
Thanks

I wouldn't mind getting into a 3e game. I don't know enough about the combat system to run one myself.

Its an interesting system. Shifting initiative to build up to dramatic finishers at times. I suppose I just might have to start formulating.

I've got the book and have read it over, but for my first few fights, I'll be going slow as I get a handle on the system.

If you are interested in another person, I know that my friend Psychie is into Exalted. She might want to join in, too.

Alright, I actually have a region I've fleshed out with the new map and setting adjustments. Would folks be up for playing Exalts in the South East? There is less Realm presence save for only Satrapy which is an impressive DB empire in the local region ruled by caste system and a severly divergent version of the Immaculate Faith which upholds the DBs as living gods.

You'll more be faced by other forces in the region including powerful Fair Folk, the local corrupt Dragon and amped up humans capable of essence use due to various situations. I'll turn this thread into an interest check if that is the case with a deeper look at the region as I will run in.

Sounds great. Just tell me where and when, and I'll be there!

Sure. Mind you, Wlf is doing something similar in Rebirth of Brilliance, but that doesn't mean I'm not interested in your spin on things. And this time I think I want to do a Dawn.

Every game will have a different take on the same setting, so I'm looking forward to getting into another Exalted game.

Well, I've changed it up to find more but I'll see about getting threads rolling soon enough.

Are you going to have any special character generation rules?

Base generation from the book. You get a rather ample charm set due to how the new system works when excellencies are involved.

And a good reason for you character to be in the region admittedly.

Backgrounds will be helpful to flesh the storyline out aside from other NPCs the circle will encounter.

Good enough. I'm working on a good character concept now, and will get started on the mechanics soon.

Depends on what the Circle chooses to do. I have plot hooks I will toss out and there are forces at work in the region with their own agendas. So pretty sand boxy though hopefully keeping the circle together for the most part or at least in correspondence for their plans.

Sounds good :) Do you have any preference towards political, investigative, military or whatnot when it comes to general themes?

There are potential for all of this. More so politics and military as the Circle grows more visible. The Immaculate Philosophy is weaker out here due to the distance from the Realm. Combined with the fact the version out here is literally doing battle religious battle with the core faith is creating fractures as well.

Esbilon Esbilon Are you still interested? You'll make a third for the circle.

Also making call for any others interested before I start the game rolling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back