• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Exalted 2e interest check

I'm up for 2E/2.5E. Based on what I read, no free excellencies correct? Assuming there is still room, what concepts are currently on the table?

So far, I've only gotten one character sent to me for approval, so yes, I've got plenty of space open for you. The one that I have seen is a Zenith with some of the Dreaming Pearl Courtesan form, and is a performer using her powers to alter memories.

Greenstalker Greenstalker Thief of Words Thief of Words

I can fill any slot, I'm gonna go for a young adventurer that suddenly exalted, so I can fill in any skills or gaps you guys might wanna cover. Soldier, Sorcerer, Merchant, Diplomat, or Thief are all fun for me and I already know what I'd want for an E2-3 build in any of those camps.

I guess my question to the group at large is, where are we going to be set geographically and what style of party dynamic would you all most prefer? (ex: frequent combat, frequent social, world building, etc.)

Ok. I was hoping to find what ideas were out there? Um. Had been thinking a gambler sort of ne'er-do-well. Guess I'll make her a Dawn? We're in what part of the South again?

You are going to be running South from the Threshold area, so make sure you have languages for the area. I was not planning on a combat-heavy game, but some of that is up to you guys. Just remember that starting out you are not allowed any Hearthstones or Artifacts. All of it is listed in the first post of the interest check.

Assuming we have Dawn and Night in addition to our Zenith... if I go crafter, I'm gonna get reamed by the vanilla rules for the craft ability aren't I? hm... as useful as that skillset could be I dunno if we want that level of headache.

Assuming we have Dawn and Night in addition to our Zenith... if I go crafter, I'm gonna get reamed by the vanilla rules for the craft ability aren't I? hm... as useful as that skillset could be I dunno if we want that level of headache.

Nooo.

Never play a CrafterLight without a BureauClipse in the Circle.

Crafters. Need. Infrastructure.

Agreed. I'm just thinking we might want a bookish type for archaeological/occult check purposes... and I do play a lot of Eclipse Diplomancers.

EDIT: as for specific location would somewhere between Paragon and Valen be a safe guess?

Okay...would it be okay if I were originally from the Lap? I had an idea for a history if that and Known Anathema were acceptable.

Being from the Lap is ok, but are you sure you want to be tagged with the Known Anathema flaw? It will affect not only you, but will also reflect on those that travel with you.

Guess I'm gonna dust off my old favorite Eclipse, just low essence edition. One moment and I'll have a character sheet ready.

EDIT: Uploaded. I have 10 points of flaws, but they don't appear on this sheet... so: Flaws: Major Boon (3pts.) Owed to Mysterious Mentor. Vice (3pts.) Hard to refuse a good drink (difficulty 3). Oath (1pt.) Daily Prayer to the Sun. Code of Honor (2pts.) - Thieves - don't betray allies. Nightmares (1pt.) The night the faeries killed my parents.

Attachments

• AredinLentier.pdf
    77.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I personally don't mind if you're wanting to do Known Anethema by the way. Might make things easier BG wise.

EDIT: Alternatively, if someone else wants to lean Larceny I don't mind dropping it and changing some things.

Last edited:
Was going to go the problem child turned failed/dissolute former monk / martial artist / gambler who got kicked out of the Order, was sent to her (mother/aunt/grandmother's) lands in the Lap (where nothing ever happens) as a way to hide the shame of having such a failure be in the public eye.

I just made an orphan turned businessman. Anything outside of that is malleable to my concept.

EDIT: Gonna sleep on it, but given other games, thinkin I should go with something a nudge different. Probably gonna lean a little more like an Indiana Jones type scavenger as a Twilight.

Last edited:
I am planning on an ex-assassin becoming a crime lord night caste i had a hectic weekend so couldn't focus on character but he will be swimming in contacts allies followers and maybe even cult consiidering we don't have heartatones and artifacts. Kinda guy that is secret boss that has the old habit of handling matters himself

Still trying to finalize some things but so far, I'm really liking how this Twilight Adventurer concept is coming together.

I am planning on an ex-assassin becoming a crime lord night caste i had a hectic weekend so couldn't focus on character but he will be swimming in contacts allies followers and maybe even cult consiidering we don't have heartatones and artifacts. Kinda guy that is secret boss that has the old habit of handling matters himself

Is can haz grammars?

Please don't do IC posts from your phone, then.

EDIT: Oof. I forgot how nasty the requirements for Dynastic training were on starting Solar ability dots.

Seriously, it dictates how you spend 20/28 of them if your character once graduated from secondary school.

Last edited:
Twilight Caste character posted. Hope that helps anyone on the fence regarding concept or ability choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back