• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Exalted 2e Alchemical Game

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I am looking to see if there is any interest for a Alchemical game, running around inside the Great Maker. Everyone would be one of the five main castes (no Adamant Exalts, please), and I would be using some slightly modified character creation rules, starting you all out at Essence 3 and some extra Charms. Details will be provided once I have enough players for a game. The first part of this game will be spent running around inside Autochthonia, but you will then later on move out to Creation.

You will all be Exalts from the nation of Kamak, working for the greater good of the people.

M Muskokaguy You were expressing an interest in my other Exalted game, so I wanted to make sure to tag you in this.

hmm, I'm interested, but I must admit I'm not very familiar with 2nd edition, I only ever played 5e with some friends, but I"m sure I could get the hang of it after looking further into it .Looking for a new group to jump into as well

Exalted is very different from DnD. It uses a variant of the World of Darkness rules. If you are not familiar with the system, I can help you with the game crunch. I am more interested in getting a bunch of good players together for a fun game.

The books are all available on PDF if you are interested in getting ahold of them.

Another game? Sherwood, you are a sucker for punishment! But, I haven't seen an Alchies game in a loooong time, so color me interested.

Ok, lets get into the changes I am starting off with.

Normal character creation starts with Attributes of 8/6/4 with a free dot that you can allocate to your Caste or Favored Attributes. I am going with 9/7/5 with +2 dots to allocate to your Caste or Favored stats.

You will start with 30 dots in Abilities, and you can go above 3 without having to use freebie points, and you get five dots in Specialties.

Backgrounds are 12 points. You can raise them above 3 without using freebie points.

You normally start with four Dedicated and four General Charm Slots. I'm going to start you out with six and six instead. Also, you can select five Charms to have in the Vats to be able to change out your current loadout. That can give you the option for a Social build and a Combat build, depending on the situation.

As per the Errata, Willpower starts at 5, and you get six dots in Virtues.

Like I mentioned up top, everyone will start with Essence 3, and 20 Bonus Points. If you want, you can opt to dump all of them into Essence, giving you a starting value of 5 and access to the God-Machine Protocols.

New Keyword: HARDY
Each purchase of a Charm bearing this keyword works like a purchase of the Exalt's native version of Ox-Body Technique. This entirely replaces the Charm by that name; players lose those Charms and spend the refunded XP on Charms with the Hardy keyword.

No character may benefit from the Hardy keyword more times than their Essence score. An Essence 5 character with seven Hardy-keyworded Charms only benefits from the equivalent of five purchases of Ox-Body Technique until he raises his Essence score.

Charms with this Keyword are:
Pain Suppression Nodes
Subcutaneous/Exoskeletal Armor Plating (any and all installments)
Transitory Invulnerability Engine
Essence Shield Projector
Alloyed Reinforcement of Flesh
Body-Reweaving Matrix
Bodily Integrity Field
Aegis Integration System
Enshrined Divinity Apparatus
Industrial Survival Frame (any and all installments)
Biofunction Inhibitor
Sustenance Replication Engine

Last edited:
hmm, I'm interested, but I must admit I'm not very familiar with 2nd edition, I only ever played 5e with some friends, but I"m sure I could get the hang of it after looking further into it .Looking for a new group to jump into as well
Do you want some assistance with a character?

I can go with just the two of us, if you are ok with it. I've been working on my sheet for a bit, and I'm about 90% done before typing it up.

Good deal. I'll make up the IC, OOC and Lore threads soon and begin to post details.

I can offer up some assistance, too. This is a very Steampunk style setting, mixed with elements of the over-the-top Final Fantasy style gaming. First off, what kind of character would you like? More of a heavy duty combat monster, be it ranged or melee, a social sell-snow-to-eskimos' guy, or a sneaky infiltrator kind of person?

I can offer up some assistance, too. This is a very Steampunk style setting, mixed with elements of the over-the-top Final Fantasy style gaming. First off, what kind of character would you like? More of a heavy duty combat monster, be it ranged or melee, a social sell-snow-to-eskimos' guy, or a sneaky infiltrator kind of person?

I have a lot of fun with more sneaky rogue like characters, or monster beat-em-up style barbarian, I'd probably rather go with the rogue this time around though, as I've played the heavy-duty combat type recently

Yeah, seeing the way this is described it's way more confusing than D&D 5e characters lol, I feel dumb, but if you have the time, I'd appreciate the help some time
It sounds like you can go to either me of Psychie for assistance. She is right, though. Start off with what kind of character you'd like to play. Then go from there.

I have a lot of fun with more sneaky rogue like characters, or monster beat-em-up style barbarian, I'd probably rather go with the rogue this time around though, as I've played the heavy-duty combat type recently
In this setting, the characters are all agents of the government, so you would be less a thief and more a infiltrator/counter insurgent kind of spy guy. Would that work for you?

Yep, spies from other nations are out there, along with Voidbringer cults and general rabble-rousers that need to be rooted out.

Reading through the flaws and stuff on one of these player guides I found, and the character creation seems fascinating, so many more options and details than D&D tbh, I'm kinda getting excited

Good! I want my players to be excited. So, I can design an infiltrator/spy/counterinsurgent easily enough. Do you trust my judgement on it?

No worries! Let me get the OOC and Lore tabs made up, and I can post a bit of background stuff about Kamak and the city of Ein for you to look at, then I'll be able to work on the sheet.

I have to help a friend do some moving today, so I may not be able to have the sheet done tonight, but I'll try.

Still open for more players. Lets get some Exalted on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back