• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Exalted 2.5 - Sidereals!

Since we have a Heavenly Matchmaker I'll make a foil in the Heavenly Bookie. A Chosen of Battles who maintains the Crimson Panoply of Victory's highly illicit Creation-wide betting pool for, "Who would win in a fight?" illegally guiding fate to see these matchups come to pass. As a wildly popular (and extremely profitable) pastime for the Gods they've accumulated a huge stockpile of wealth and influence to get them out of tight spots when they're caught. They're the poster child for corruption in the Bureau of Destiny, and the member of the fellowship more upright sifus teach their students not to emulate, but they get invited to all the best celestial parties. As an infamously tasteless prank they once caused a mass panic in Yu Shan when they started soliciting bets for who would win a war between the Realm and Lookshy, prompting Hu Dai Liang to personally intervene to reassure everyone that the Division of Battles foresaw no imminent escalation of hostilities and Mars had not demanded any such cataclysmic engagement. They were officially reprimanded, but no significant charge could be brought as no witnesses could be found to testify to their involvement in any capacity and they were at the time of the incident on assignment in the Underworld.

They maintain orphanages all over Creation to gather exceptional candidates to become great warriors and generals of legend primarily to ensure there's a steady supply of exciting new matches to bet on. Mortals may not attract as much interest as Exalts, but with a suitably dramatic narrative and sufficient showmanship anything from a great clash of armies led by former lovers or scions of a centuries long vendetta to a scrappy no holds barred alley fight between Nexus gangs can captivate the imagination, and they excel at their craft.

They're nominally a member of the Bronze Faction and sit on the Central Convention of Essence Wielders, but they primarily sponsor Wyld Hunts as entertainment rather than out of any philosophical conviction, as they attract some of the largest betting pools.

They're constantly engaged in favour-trading with the other divisions ("You need that mortal to reach Alabaster by when?! From there?"; "A love dodecahedron? Well, alright..."; "No one can discover they're a prince of the blood for seven years?") in order to ensure the extraordinarily unlikely circumstances demanded by their arranged fights come to pass.

Last edited:
Since it is so much larger in the amount of Charms it gets, you'll lose some of your starting Charms down to just 15 instead of 20. I'll add that to the Character thread.
Would Solar Hero Style also apply to this? Given it has more charms in other books aside from the handbook.

if there's room I'd like to join on this one.

I've got a concept for a Chosen of Journeys I can use for this.

if there's room I'd like to join on this one.

I've got a concept for a Chosen of Journeys I can use for this.
At the moment, it looks like I have five people signed on for this already. If anyone drops out, I'll let you know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back