• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Exalted 2.5 - Sidereals IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
"Not just that. Remember that mass of restraining threads it shot out? That's a technique straight from Charcoal March of Spiders Style." Shi-vash called out to the Chosen of Mars, as she continued to search through the corpses. "And I've got an idea of how it could have been able to do that. One of these bodies looked familiar..."

Amara moves forward slowly, her breath heaving in her chest from the exertion. "That was horrible. It not only had the properties of a undead monster, but it also had a Dragon Blood and a Sidereal in it, knowing multiple martial art styles! It must have been taking power from the bodies that made it up! How is that possible? I've never even heard of that before!"

Shi-vash turned around from her searching of the corpses as she heard Amara's words.

"You noticed it too, huh?" she asked, before deciding some more explaining was in order. "I saw Rory among the bodies that made up this thing."

[Is there any kind of roll I can make to try and deduce something about the monster?]

Shi-vash turned around from her searching of the corpses as she heard Amara's words.

"You noticed it too, huh?" she asked, before deciding some more explaining was in order. "I saw Rory among the bodies that made up this thing."

[Is there any kind of roll I can make to try and deduce something about the monster?]
You can try a Int + Lore or Occult roll, which ever Ability is better for you.

As you think about it, Shi-vash can recall that the Deathlords have in the past made up necrotech horrors using the bodies of various animals and people to stick together, sometimes making very large constructs. But this usually is just using the bodies as spare parts, not tapping into the knowledge that they contain and have the ability to use their Essence-based powers. This is a very new thing for you to see. It may be that the bodies in this thing were not all the way dead, and that they were somehow controlled and forced to use their powers by a outside party.

"This might not be a hekatonkhire, although that's certainly a possibility." said Shi-vash. "Otherwise...I've read about Deathlords and other powerful necromancers who can make monsters out of corpses and corpse parts. This here might have been one such construct. But I've never seen anything about the corpses being able to use the powers, Charms and Essence they had when they were alive. "

"Either necrosurgery's advanced to a stage where we really don't want it to be, or Rory was somehow still alive and forced to act as part of this thing..." she continued, before resuming her search for him.

[What roll can I make to search the remains of the monster?]

Go ahead and give me a Perception + Awareness roll to examine the bodies.

Shi-vash gave Amara a nervous smile as the other woman came over to help her. "I know we've both taken different sides over the Solars, but I'm glad we can still be friends and work together." she said sincerely.

Shi-vash gave Amara a nervous smile as the other woman came over to help her. "I know we've both taken different sides over the Solars, but I'm glad we can still be friends and work together." she said sincerely.
Amara gives the other woman a grin. "Just because I think you are wrong about some things doesn't mean I can't be your friend. I know that there are things that I do that gives you the willies, but we don't dwell on that. Right now, lets try and find some answers about what happened here."

Amara gives the other woman a grin. "Just because I think you are wrong about some things doesn't mean I can't be your friend. I know that there are things that I do that gives you the willies, but we don't dwell on that. Right now, lets try and find some answers about what happened here."
"You can rest assured that I second all three of those points, Amara." replied Shi-Vash, her expression becoming wry as she continued searching. Even if this was an ideal time for debate, the Chosen of Secrets didn't know if she was up for one right now.

As you examine the bodies, some of them are badly torn up thanks to the efforts of the group in attacking it. Other damage done to the bodies seems to be done by the operations that linked them together in one large beast. A rough guess indicates that the monster was made up of thirty people. Most of the bodies are unremarkable, but Amara does manage to spot a familiar face: Rory. He is in bad shape, with his body badly mutilated. Whatever it was that did this to him is the true monster.

The hole plunges deep down into the darkness, far out of sight of the light from up top. It looks like the path can be walked down easily enough to find out just what might be hiding down in the depths.

As she carried out her search of the bodies, Shi-vash would notice Xun examining the hole the monstrosity had come from, and approach him.

"I think we should go looking down there at some point." she said, gesturing to the hole while her anima continued to burn. "But on the other hand, I burned quite a bit of Essence fighting that thing, and I'd be surprised if any of you are any different in that regard. It was something very powerful that created this thing, and it might still be around..."

As she carried out her search of the bodies, Shi-vash would notice Xun examining the hole the monstrosity had come from, and approach him.

"I think we should go looking down there at some point." she said, gesturing to the hole while her anima continued to burn. "But on the other hand, I burned quite a bit of Essence fighting that thing, and I'd be surprised if any of you are any different in that regard. It was something very powerful that created this thing, and it might still be around..."
Amara goes to join her fellow Sidereals in looking down the hole. "I am low on Essence, too. We must keep in mind that something turned a fellow member of our order into . . . that thing . . . and we are all now drained. But I have a feeling that there is a real time issue here, and whatever that did this may not be expecting us so quickly. I am torn between wanting to meditate, or to make haste down the hole now."

"I say we rest up." said Shi-vash, walking over to where Xun and Amara were looking at the hole. "Chejop, Ayesha and Nazri tasked us with finding out what happened to our comrades, but I doubt they'd appreciate us sharing the fate of Ramada, Khyros and Rory in these troubled times. Especially if we've yet to tell them what we've found here."

Insight peers down the hole, pointedly from the opposite side as she's still engulfed in a quite real blazing inferno that won't go away for another ten minutes or so. Being a Dragonblood could be terribly inconvenient. "Come now. Yes, we were perhaps overly enthusiastic in excising that blight upon Creation, but that's no reason to shirk our duty. I'll do recon while you report in. If it's truly so horrible, then I merely decide I never descended after all."

Without waiting for any objections she hops down and starts strolling into the tunnel, bonfire anima lightning her way.

"I'll go with her." Xun said, yes, he was a bit tired, yet his body still held the power infatigueable power of the dragon. But even if that wasn't the case. He wasn't about to let Insight go into the hole alone, not after the presence of the such foul nature has shown its face.

With unnatural grace, the limber sidereal slid into the hole behind his peer.

Shi-vash watched Insight and Xun jump down the hole, then turned to Amara with a grimace.

"Well? Should we follow them?" she asked.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back