• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Exalted 2.5 - Sidereals IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Insight's fists clench and her expression contorts with fury as she listens, "Without question, sir. We're going to gut the fucker who did this. Who did they get?" There were only a hundred of them. Odds were good someone amongst their number knew one or both of the fallen well.

With a clouded expression, Chejop says, "Ramada and Khyros are both . . . . gone. Rory Alexis is missing, and we fear the worst. All we know is that he has not died, but he has not been in contact for some time, and we are all worried."

"Hmmm... so what were they doing when the met their end? An assignment, a location? Same with Alexis. Any details at all would help here."

"And working together is what we do. You knew that when you summoned us." Xun said with a knowing smile.

Ghataka was rattled when she entered the room. The leaders of the Bronze and Gold Factions are working together on this? And someone killed two Sidereals? She has no problem working with this group of people, they were, to one degree or another, her friends, but sending her to this quest, that seems to be about dispatching some unknown enemy? She knew how to fight, but her styles were defense oriented, and incapable of actually killing anyone.
This would be interesting. But she'd need more details, so, for now, she kept her mouth shut.

My instincts were right. This isn't just a normal assignment, Shi-vash thought to herself, as she saw that Chejop, Ayesha and Nazri were all there. And I doubt this is just another case of Nazri being a troll and making the opposing factions work together.

For the time being she decided to remain quiet, seeing as Xun had voiced all the questions she had wanted to ask the three older Sidereals.

Chejop lets out a sigh. "It started out with Ramada sending a message from the city of Abalone in the isles of Wavecrest that a recent archaeological dig taking place there had come across something remarkable from the First Age, saying that he was moving to take a closer look at the find, but never did say what it was that he had found. The next thing that happened is that we learned that his Shard had arrived in Lytek's cabinet for reprocessing! The sudden loss of a member of the Fellowship was disturbing to me, to say the least. As such, I then directed both Khyros and Rory to investigate, and not only have we lost all contact with them, Khyros is also deceased."

Ayesha Ura leans forward. "Whatever it is inside that dig is what is probably the source of this trouble. We need you to go to Wavecrest, look for this archaeological dig, find out what it is that had Ramada so excited, and investigate the cause of three of our order either vanishing or being eliminated."

"Of course. You have our word that we will find out what happened to the three, and what it was that Ramada found." Shi-vash said in a solemn voice, bowing to all three of the elder Sidereals, even Chejop and Nazri. "Is there anything else you need of us, or should we prepare to depart immediately?"

"Interesting..." Xun hummed. "If it was simply.traps, I do not think they would have fallen prey to those tricks. But let us hope that is ingenious traps... and not the possibility that the archeology project unsealed something better left untouched."

Xun caught his own gaze in the reflection coming from the gloss of the table. It disturbed him."The two you sent, effectively terminated. Has any knowledge been gained that we may use to prevent a mirror incident? Or is numbers our only advantage at this point?"

Nazri speaks up to answer Xun. "Not only your numbers, but you have such diverse backgrounds and skills, with so many different points of view. We wanted to make sure that this was a bipartisan effort of all the different Factions, and with the five of you being such good friends, it eliminates the usual bickering and derision that frequently rises up between our different groups. Needless to say, if you find something of interest that requires any resources from the Bureau, it will be fast-tracked to you."

Chejop nods. "I must also stress the need to keep us informed as to what you are doing and what you have encountered. We cannot evaluate the threat level without correct intelligence."

Insight closes her eyes, bows her head, and forms the mudra of endings to offer a prayer for their fallen comrades souls. Naturally they would lean hard on the gods of reincarnation to ensure they were well placed in their next life, but it never hurt to give a little extra, just in case they were temporarily fettered in the Underworld. They sure as fuck couldn't count on anyone outside the Fellowship burning grave goods for them.

"Whatever it is, it should have had the good sense to stay in the ground rather than cross us. Ramada and Khyros may have met their ends, but like the maiden says, there's always an ending, and whatever did this is about to meet theirs. Xun, if you'd be so kind, would you start us off? I think we have a journey to make, a secret to uncover, a battle to fight, and an ending to bring, and after it's all said and done I for one expect to be feeling quite serene about the whole affair."

A knowing smile split Xun's face as Insight addressed both him and their mission. A smile despite the grave news they had recieved. It was not the essence of serenity. On the contrary. Xun was simply in the present. Of course it didnt help that his Sifu had imparted all sorts of nonsense in his head during training.

"Of course, Insight. It would be my pleasure. And I think you will be pleased to know that you aren't the only who has recieved a great Manse in recent years. I shall get us there as quick as the silver in my Maiden's namesake."

Xun clasped his hands behind his back. "Get all that you need and meet me at the dock of the Golden Baroque, I'm only a few manse's down. I'll see that my ship is ready to go."

Given the Golden Baroque was an airship. The docks that Xun was referring to was undoubtedly for a vessel of the sky as well.

Last edited:
Ghataka humbly nods her head at the three Elders "We will do our outmost to get to the bottom of this, and will keep you updated. Who knows? maybe this entire trouble all stems from a marriage proposal gone wrong... And if push comes to shove, I will withdraw my applications to marry Xun, and submit the proper forms for his wedding to whoever is responsible." Her face is a picture of serenity, and her voice is calm, and respectful, but the twinkle in her eyes says she might be joking about it...

Xun didn't believe she was joking. He may or may not have heard a dubious rumor that there was a betting pool at the Cerulean Lute of Harmony regarding when exactly that the celestial bachelor would be finally trapped in the chains of matrimony. Supposedly a very hefty pot.

He had a sneaking suspicion that Ghataka knew exactly when that was going to happen and that he was powerless to stop it. Though... he also had the superstition that every time a shiver went up his spine it was Ghataka hatching a new scheme to try it. But... Xun never had any evidence. Just a gut feeling.

After nodding in agreement at Xun's words, Shi-vash glanced at Ghataka in a way that practically screamed "Is this really the time to be goofing off?". After all, they were in a room with Chejop Kejak and his ex-girlfriend, discussing missing and dead Sidereals.

Ghataka ignored Shi-Vash's glance, or Xun's discomfort. She followed the Maiden of Serenity, and was doing the job she was given. And if it makes Xun uneasy, well, it's part of her job to keep him on his feet in this matter. She didn't ask the Maiden why... she followed her orders, and derived some personal pleasure from it.

Amara feels a slight lump in her throat as the names of the two deceased Exalts sinks in. They were more than just coworkers, but not quite friends, but their loss hits her hard. It is one thing to hear of a member of the order to pass on due to old age, but quite another to have not just one but two killed by some outside force, and a third missing along with that! Her hands clench into fists as sorrow starts to turn to anger. Someone is going to pay for this as I carve out pieces of their skin, from someplace close to the bone.

"We will find out what happened, and will teach whatever being out there that decided to cross the line against the Sidereals the enormity of their mistake." Looking to the others, Amara says, "I have no need to stop at my home before we leave. I can depart as soon as Xun's airship is ready."

Insight nods approvingly at Amara, then turns back to Kejak, "Before I depart there is the delicate matter of their souls. Did they pass on to Lethe? If so, I will depart directly. If not, I'd like to requisition a necromancer or suitable artifact. One last drink for the road, commiserating over battles lost," she says with a bitter smile.

Chejop's already grim expression gets even darker. "It would appear that the souls of the departed were destroyed, and have not passed on. Whomever it was that did this has much to answer for."

Insight's fists clench so hard her knuckles turn white, but she doesn't even register the pain of her fingers digging into her palms. She gives Kejak a flawlessly crisp Realm legionnaire's salute - she did most of a tour in the legions under Tepet Arada while overseeing his early career, and he was a stickler for that sort of thing. "Thank you for the honour of excising this abomination from Creation, Sir. We won't disappoint you."

With that she turns and storms off to fetch her belongings, the functionaries in the halls giving her a wide berth as she passes. "Fuck. This. Thing. It couldn't have flipped us off any harder if it tried. Gods willing it cherishes something in its black and shrivelled heart that I can destroy while it watches."

Her private skiff carries her to the Crimson Panoply of Victory where she grabs a pre-packed travel bag and signs out the Perfected Kata Bracers from the quartermaster, "Yeah, it's one of those days. I'll tell you when I get back," before showing up at Xun's airship in the Resplendent Destiny of Sesus Asuna, young Fire Aspected officer on leave travelling the Threshold with a small household's worth of servants hauling luggage in tow. One of the chests holds enough Jade to finance a small kingdom for the better part of a year, others are full of clothing or fine tableware.

"Permission to come aboard, captain?"

Last edited:
Hearing that the souls of the Sidereals were destroyed caused a massive chill down Ghatak's spine. Having just earlier today returned from Creation, she was still fully decked, so she had nothing to pick up. And so, she pulled out her Resplendent Destiny of Cynis Agava, young Wood Aspect artisan, and a self-styled matchmaker. It was one of her most used Destinies, one she's donned for over 50 years now.

Shi-vash already had all her necessary effects - namely her artifacts - with her. Unlike her four fellows, she hadn't been successful in getting herself a Celestial Manse and Hearthstone yet, and it was always possible to keep her Perfected Kata Bracers on her forearms and wear her Switchklaive as a belt charm.

Seeing that Insight and Ghataka had opted to pose as Dynasts for this assignment, the Chosen of Secrets decided to do the same, donning the Resplendent Destiny of Mnemon Makadi, a young, short-haired and bookish Air Aspect scion of her house. If anyone asked, she'd claim to be accompanying "Sesus Asuna" as part of a sabbatical.

Now a young woman with purple travelling clothes and short red hair, she came up to the Golden Baroque and chuckled when she saw the "luggage" that "Asuna" was going to bring.

"Tasteful." she remarked in a teasing voice. "But I suppose we do need to look the part, if we're pretending to be Dynasts."

She was being a bit hypocritical, Shi-vash admitted to herself. Some of the Blessed Isle Resplendent Destinies she'd taken on during her Bronze Faction days had been no less ostentatious than "Asuna". After all, that was sometimes necessary to play the part of a "proper" Dynast.

Last edited:
Insight sat on one of the large chests on the quay and fanned herself with an ornate Jade-lacquered fan. "Oh honey, we are not here to suffer," she says, desultory. You have the impression under happier circumstances it would have been accompanied by a playful wink, but her mind is elsewhere.

Shi-vash could guess why Insight was in this mood. "We will get to the bottom of this." she assured the Chosen of Battles, her voice becoming a bit more serious. "We have to, if there's something out there that can kill two of us and make Chejop, Ayesha and Nazri this concerned about it."

"Do you have any idea what it might be?" she then asked, sounding curious. "I'm guessing that we haven't been able to find anything in the Loom of Fate, which makes me wonder if we're dealing with either a powerful Raksha, a Deathlord, or one of the Abyssal Exalted. Those three are powerful beings that can hide from fate, after all..."

Ghataka goes in search of Amara. As a fellow practitioner of Sapphire Veil of Passion, and one more advanced than herself, she might have some insight others might lack.

Insight snaps her fan shut. "Ah, Abyssals. Finally something we can all agree should be left to rot in a big Jade box for all eternity. Since when do fucking angry ghosts get Celestial Exaltations? Did I miss the Incarna of Angry Ghosts the last time I swung through the Dome? Handing them out like fucking candy to anyone who wants them this Age, I swear. This used to be an exclusive club. Now they're letting in any old pleb whose greatest achievement in life was dying."

She sighs and sprawls backwards over the chest, pleasantly spent after a good cathartic rant. "Part of me hopes it is a Deathlord. At least those fuckers probably have the good grace to cease existing when you destroy them. I hate fighting Celestials. Sure, it's fun the first time, but you kill them and a few years later they're back for another round. It just never ends. This must be how the Primordials felt. Thank Jupiter they never invented big Jade boxes. Autochthon got all the brains in that family."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back