• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Exalted (2.5) Lunar Game - OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Do you envision her Motivation to be about one Great House or all DBs at this stage? While you are headed to the Dreaming Sea, if your character's Motivation is about one Great House, I can incorporate that into the game, easily.

These two are the Intimacies I find I want a bit more explanation:
"You can't trust anyone you can't destroy."
"I wish the virtue plays and heroes of legend were real, but they cannot survive the unforgiving sun of reality."

I don't have a strong preference that it be focused on the Realm specifically. If anything it would be more fitting if she had ties to Prasad.

The first one basically says: Don't relax around anyone until you have serious leverage over them. The only way you can really trust someone is if you can destroy them if they betray you. Strongly indicates she suffered serious abuse growing up and has massive trust issues.

The second one says: I grew up learning the classics, which are full of virtue/morality plays with happy endings and comeuppances for the wicked, and heroic tales of larger than life heroes who always do the right thing - or learn to do the right thing in the end. I wanted them to be true, but reality has taught me those plays were at best wishful thinking and at worst outright lies. People aren't like that. Indicating maybe there was a good part of her childhood before things went really bad. She probably feels the figures in her life she trusted betrayed her, and those she thought virtuous proved anything but.

Now I too have a sheet! Some of it was thrown together a bit quickly, so please bear with me if there's something that needs filling out.

Hmmm...

...how bout this?

Her Motivation is recovering and preserving knowledge, knowledge of the First Age's lost magics most of all.

Her positive Intimacies are towards books, the study and practice of magic, her circlemates, and a beautiful woman she sees every time she dreams. She has a negative Intimacy towards book-burning and other acts of censorship and destruction.

Added anima power to sheet - still figuring where to put that last point - Ability, specialty, or minor Background?

Hmm, no one has taken Familiar, maybe I could take that? Or an Ally or Mentor who will turn up in the story later?

There's also Reputation if you wanted to be the one PC who actually made a positive impression on the Pact :P

For some reason assumed stuff like Backing, Rep and such were off the table. I mean, we ARE amnesiac vagabonds. :p

But what happens when three of them wake up one day in the middle of a desert, somewhere in the south-south-east of Creation, with barely a memory of who they are, how they got there, and with persistent dreams that seem to call them east-east-north, to the Dreaming Sea? And what will they discover once they get there?
Pardon, is this post a placeholder, or is it actually setting the first scene for us to reply? I'm still a bit unclear on the precise situation we find ourselves in. Are we starting with the scene where we're all chained together in rags in the middle of nowhere? Because Sabah's likely to freak right the fuck out and melt the chains or something. Or is this already several days later?

Pardon, is this post a placeholder, or is it actually setting the first scene for us to reply? I'm still a bit unclear on the precise situation we find ourselves in. Are we starting with the scene where we're all chained together in rags in the middle of nowhere? Because Sabah's likely to freak right the fuck out and melt the chains or something. Or is this already several days later?

It's a few days later, once you've had time to remember some tidbits, find your belongings, and are about to leave.

Hmm, that's a tricky scene to write. I don't know how our dynamic shook out, what 'here' is like, what we've been doing for the past few days, or how we're going to leave (flying seems the natural choice).

If we've been out in the high desert for days without supplies we're probably perilously low on water. Kamara is good at desert survival, so maybe she solved that one, which would certainly earn her some goodwill.

Does anyone have any particular relationship/group dynamics they want to see/expect would develop, or insights into what might bind us immediately together beyond 'we all have the same people fucking with us'?

Did we come up with a better plan than, 'fly in the general direction of the dreams'?

I prefer to start from a clear, actionable pitch. One such would be the moment of waking up, and spending some time figuring out our internal relations IC also seems worth doing.

That said, skipping ahead a bit and hashing things out OOC also makes sense.

Feel free to talk OOC whether you want to start a few days later, and hash some things out, or just start at the moment of waking, and go from there.

I lean toward a few days later, maybe with each of us including the experience of waking from our characters' perspective in our first post? Also, can any of us have social backgrounds like Reputation?

I lean toward a few days later, maybe with each of us including the experience of waking from our characters' perspective in our first post? Also, can any of us have social backgrounds like Reputation?

Sure you can. You might not be fully aware of them till you encounter them in-game though.

OK, juggled dots a little bit and Quill now has a dot of Backing and Reputation - in what, I guess we'll have to see. ;)

Cool. I was initially thinking of a Changing Moon thief of some sort, but hadn't gotten too far into the character in case you said 'no'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back