• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Exalted 2.5 Abyssals

Psychie

Princess Psychie
With my other games moving slowly, I have decided that I have time to give this game another try.

I am looking for three to five players to join in a game as a circle of loyal Deathknights that are looking to spread the cold hand of death at the direction of your Master, The Deliverer of Dark Dreams and Nightmares.

There is no requirement to play different castes, so if everyone wants to be the same caste that is fine. We will be using the 2.5 errata for character creation with the following changes:

All characters will start at Essence 3, with a max of Essence 4 at start-up.
Attributes are 9-7-5 instead of 8-6-4
35 dots of Abilities
Any purchase of Sorcery or Necromancy gives one free spell of the appropriate Circle
and everyone will start with 25 Bonus Points

A suitably dark and edgy backstory is a must, remembering the RpN rules for content. Custom Charms are discouraged but I might allow a few exceptions.

You are going to be starting out in the South, so Flametongue is required, and Old Realm is strongly suggested.

Eonivar Eonivar Sherwood Sherwood Chowlett Chowlett

Last edited:
I like me some Abyssal action. I'm down to give it a go. I just need to decide on a character concept.

I may be interested if I can find the time, not sure how my schedule will shake out yet. Will know in like a week though.

Can you tell us a bit more about the story you plan to run? Are you aiming for a dungeon-delving action romp or a drama full of political intrigue? I'm guessing the answer might be somewhere in between, but it would be good to know! How large a group are you looking for, what posting rate? The PCs are starting in the south, do you expect them to stay there? Do you have cool setpieces and stuff you want to go through in a linear fashion or are we going full sandbox?

I'm not super familiar with the Deathlords, how's this Deliverer of Dreams and Nightmares? Their name makes me curious! SO MANY QUESTIONS

Also; am not super familiar with 2e (or 2.5). Is a certain level of system-mastery expected?

I am in. I will need to get the 2e books, can someone recommend the books I need to get?

I am in. I will need to get the 2e books, can someone recommend the books I need to get?
The two you will need are the core Exalted book for the various rules, and the Abyssals book for their specific Charms. Those are the bare minimum, but if you want, Oadenol's Codex has a lot of artifacts and hearthstones that are cool to get.

Last edited:
I may be interested if I can find the time, not sure how my schedule will shake out yet. Will know in like a week though.

Can you tell us a bit more about the story you plan to run? Are you aiming for a dungeon-delving action romp or a drama full of political intrigue? I'm guessing the answer might be somewhere in between, but it would be good to know! How large a group are you looking for, what posting rate? The PCs are starting in the south, do you expect them to stay there? Do you have cool setpieces and stuff you want to go through in a linear fashion or are we going full sandbox?

I'm not super familiar with the Deathlords, how's this Deliverer of Dreams and Nightmares? Their name makes me curious! SO MANY QUESTIONS

Also; am not super familiar with 2e (or 2.5). Is a certain level of system-mastery expected?
Without giving away too many hints and secrets, this game will be dealing heavily with the Locusts War and the invaders from Autochthon. That is why knowing Old Realm will be handy to have.

Your Deathlord is my own creation, and her domain is small. She is allied with another Deathlord known generally as The Twisted Toymaker, a craftsman well renown for his skill in flesh crafting and making automatons of flesh and bone. When the word of the invasion comes, Deliverer sees an opportunity to increase her power and domains, and sets her faithful Abyssal Exalted to work.

I am fairly skilled the mechanics of Exalted, so as long as you are willing to learn, I can help you. Also, Sherwood is a good friend, and he is a great resource for me to lean on, and I'm sure he'd be willing to answer questions.

The two you will need are the core Exalted book for the various rules, and the Abyssals book for their specific Charms. Those are the bare minimum, but I'd want, Oadenol's Codex has a lot of artifacts and hearthstones that are cool to get.
Great to have you onboard!

The only other book you might want to get a hold of is the Black and White Treatises. That covers sorcery and Necromancy, but it is not required if you unless you want to dabble in spell casting.

I would indeed be happy to aid anyone in need of assistance, or just be a sounding board to pitch ideas to.

Without giving away too many hints and secrets, this game will be dealing heavily with the Locusts War and the invaders from Autochthon. That is why knowing Old Realm will be handy to have.

Your Deathlord is my own creation, and her domain is small. She is allied with another Deathlord known generally as The Twisted Toymaker, a craftsman well renown for his skill in flesh crafting and making automatons of flesh and bone. When the word of the invasion comes, Deliverer sees an opportunity to increase her power and domains, and sets her faithful Abyssal Exalted to work.

I am fairly skilled the mechanics of Exalted, so as long as you are willing to learn, I can help you. Also, Sherwood is a good friend, and he is a great resource for me to lean on, and I'm sure he'd be willing to answer questions.
Sounds neat, color me interested. I'll be able to say by the start of next week if I'm able to participate or not :)

Hopefully you can. I am not planning on a high speed game, so if you need some extra time you can have it
I hope so too! First game of Exalted I played was an abyssal campaign, so revisiting 2e as an abyssal would be a nice stroll down memory lane :)

Its probably going to be at least a week before I can get the books, money is a bit tight at the moment for me. So I will build my character next weekend if I can.

There is no hurry here. I am hoping for at least three solid confirmations with as many as five players joining in, and it will take a little bit of time for me to get the background stuff dusted off and ready to go.

I'll admit that part of me wants to give this a try, but I can't say I'm particularly eager to go back to 2.5e.

I'll admit that part of me wants to give this a try, but I can't say I'm particularly eager to go back to 2.5e.
Well, I'd use 3e, but there aren't any rules for Abyssals yet. :closedeyescryingfrown: So it is 2.5 for now. I would love to have you as a part of the game, though!
Psychie Psychie Do we send you the sheet via dm?
No, now that I have at least three set players, I'll make up a game thread, OOC thread, and a character thread that you can post your sheets to. I'll leave a link to all three here in a bit.

Great, been a while since I've rolled around in 2.5 so a little excited to do so again.

Just a quick bump for this game. I'm losing a player and looking for someone to join in before I end up closing the game up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back