• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Kio.exe

Road work ahead? Uh, I sure hope it does...
— EVOLUTION !
coding the perfect human!

01. introduction.
The Phoenix Project: Subject A.
Partial Transcript: 20 May, 2677, New Order

Subject A (S.A): “So uhhh...is it recording yet, doctor?”
Doctor Marcus Savage (M.S)—[sighing is heard, a pen clicks] “Yes, Julian, we’re recording.”
S.A: “Great, I wouldn’t want them to miss anything.”
M.S: “You haven’t even heard what we’d be discussing yet.” [silence as the doctor takes a few notes]
S.A: [fingers tapping on a table is audible] “Well it must be important if you’re recording it, right?” [subject a snorts]
M.S: “All discussions we have from now on—important or not—will be recorded for research purposes. Now let us beg—“ [the doctor is cut off]
S.A: “Wait. Do you have any water? I’m seriously parched.”
[the sound of water being poured into a cup fills the small space]
M.S: “There. Are we all set now?”
[silence]
M.S: “They can’t hear a shrug, Julian.”
S.A: “Yes, I suppose I’m ready then. Bring it on.”
M.S: “So the Ninth System was put into place early yesterday. Has any pain been present?”
[finger tapping continues]
S.A: “Well uhh...not really. No. I feel stronger, I guess. And more energized. But no pain.”
[paper flips, writing persists]
M.S: “Very good. I’m glad. It will take a few days for the nanotechnology to properly align with your body, so some discomfort may be present during that time.”
S.A: “Yes, you told me all of this after you kidnapped me and used me as a lab rat.” [slight laughter is heard]
M.S: “Julian, I’ve told you many times that your parents signed you into our custody for your own good. You were very sick. You neede—”
S.A: “Yes, I needed ‘immediate treatment or I’d die’. Listen doc, I’m not complaining, but you and your stuffed-shirt compatriots need to find better ways of getting test subjects. Getting drugged and stuffed into the back of a hovercraft is not ideal”
[weary coughing is heard from the doctor]
M.S: “Yes, we’re very sorry about that. But you did attempt to flee, and we had to get you here by any means necessary. Anyways, onto the next question. Have you been writing down everything that’s happened to you yet, for review?”
S.A: “Yes, I have. You’ll have to excuse my terrible hand writing. Wait, never mind. You’re a doctor. Your hand writing is notoriously worse than mine.”
[tapping intensifies]
M.S: “Would you stop tapping? Please? Julian, you have to take this seriously.”
[silence]
M.S: “Thank you. The doctors and scientists assigned to the Phoenix Project are working very hard to use the Ninth System for human evolution. You just so happen to be our first subject.”
[a single tap is heard, quickly cut off]
S.A: “The first subject to Iive you mean”
M.S: “...have you noticed anything unusual? Any strange abilities, strengths, weaknesses?”
S.A: “Not that I know of.”
[muffled banging is heard, source of sound is the hallway]
S.A: “What was that, doc? One of your looney-toon failed surgeries get out?”
[shrieks are heard, banging persists. Audio then cuts off as power is cut—]
End of partial transcript

It’s the year 2702, years after the Phoenix Project made its first success with Julian Vernon, a nineteen year old boy diagnosed with Leukemia. Shortly after this success, the compound is overrun, though the details are still murky as to what occurred that day. The Ninth System is “installed” before birth, the nanotechnology allowing the creation of “the perfect human”, in every way. Undesirable features have been cut out, intelligence raised, emotions repressed, physical attributes strengthened. Some, however, are born with...defects. Peculiar abilities that make them dangerous to society. And so, they are locked up in that very compound that was overrun those years before, left at the hands of Director Marcus Savage and his staff.

You will roleplay as either an experiment with powers, (ages 6-20) or a scientist (ages 18+), in the Phoenix Project facility. The rest of the rules will be explained below.

02. rules.
RULE 01. You may have more than one character, but no more than three. Please make them realistic, and no over powered or “perfect” characters will be accepted.

RULE 02. Please be literate, and post at least one paragraph per post. More is better, as long as it makes sense. Posts should be in third person, past tense. (E.g: “He watched the dog in fascination as it rolled on the floor.”)

RULE 03. Romance is allowed and encouraged, as long as it is agreed upon by both parties. All RPN guidelines should be followed, at all times.

RULE 04. Please try to remain active! I know life gets the best of us, just make an effort to let us know if you are unable to post! Please try and maintain a post order too (don’t post twice before everyone in an area posts once, unless I say otherwise).

RULE 05. Keep all OOC talk, Lore and Character Sheets in the appointed threads.

RULE 06. Have fun!

Note: This code has scroll features, please keep that in mind. Also, please let me know down below if you’re interested!!

What's the desired literacy/post length that you have in mind? Also, would shapeshifting be considered an acceptable power?

What's the desired literacy/post length that you have in mind? Also, would shapeshifting be considered an acceptable power?

Agh I just realized there’s a giant gap after the introduction before the rules!! It explains in the rules section, but I’d like at least one well built paragraph per post, and for whomever participates to be as literate as possible. : ) Also, yes, shape shifting is acceptable as long as it’s not overpowered!

I'd be interested!! Not sure if I want to be a subject or a scientist yet

The thread is up, just a reminder. Characters can be submitted in the CS page linked there. The link should be in my last post here.

Note: I hope to start tonight or tomorrow, so make sure to get your character sheets up ASAP if you’re interested. You can still join after we start the IC interactions, you’d just be a bit behind. :)

Also another note (sorry for the spam): my very first post has scroll features, but there is a gap between the introduction and the rules, so if you keep scrolling down you’ll find them!

The first post is being written now, and I’ll be posting it sometime soon!! Character Sheets are still welcome, at any time, but just a heads up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back