• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Evokin: Nimbus Chronicles (Front Desk)

Roskuel

Unlucky Member

Welcome To

Evokin_NC.jpg

Well . . . the Front Desk anyway.
Here, you will find everything you need to know about this project.

This is essentially an information thread, please do not post here unless you have express permission to do so. Thank You.

Last edited:

Introduction

Somewhere in the expanding reaches of the universe lies a peculiar anomaly. Two planets, Dolgan and Aethid, spin in a seemingly impossible dance within close proximity of one another, sharing an ever changing field of atmosphere. Suspended between them, held in place by their competing gravitational forces, is the Nimbus Colony. An awe inspiring feat of engineering, Nimbus is an artificial structure designed for extraplanetary living as well as a trade link between the sister planets. This symbiotic interplanetary system revolves around Alfādus, a blue dwarf star.

Three hundred and ninety years ago the Kin arrived on Aethid amid a mission to find a new sustainable home, only to discover it already inhabited by the Canik, an intelligent race dedicated to preserving their planet and its resources. Skeptical of the Kin’s intentions, the Canik welcomed the newcomers but only for a limited time. The Kin then turned to Dolgan, a planet whose people, the Gistru, were focused on industry and mining. The Gistru were intrigued by the Kin and seduced by the prospect of having more laborers for their mines and factories. Unfortunately, after only a few weeks, a large number of Kin met their demise due to a toxic atmosphere the Gistru had evolved to tolerate. Finding no home on either planet and with little other recourse, the Kin, through negotiation with both races, drew up a plan to build a structure that would benefit all three. This endeavor became known as Project: Nimbus.

With the completion of Nimbus came a new era of exchange. The sharing of resources, technology, information, and culture resulted in a flourishing alliance between the three factions. Though, just as weeds grow in an untended garden, ruinous habits take root in a neglected society. Heavy industry, corporatism, and classism grew with impunity. Disagreement about laws and practices on Nimbus resulted in disharmony both between and within the races, which led to more separation over time than initially intended by the founders of the alliance.

This brings us to the present year of 382 EoE (Era of Exchange) where the neon-lit streets, cold alleys, and catwalk-lined expanses of Nimbus are replete with a diverse, sleepless population. Here, we find the greedy, the kind, the lonely, the innovative, the motivated, and so many more.

Last edited:
What is This?
Right now you might be thinking, "Well, okay, that's nice and all, but what exactly is this? What is an Evokin? What are these other alien races? What kind of roleplay is this?" While many answers to those questions can be found in the Lore Compendium, this section will help you understand what it is you might be getting into if you decide to apply.

A Superhero RP

On the surface it may not be obvious, but this is a Superhero RP with a Cyberpunk-driven setting. Having worked on many RPs of the superhero genre in the past, I wanted to create one that had a somewhat unique setting and put the focus on three dimensional characters that might also have superpowers rather than the driving force being the powers themselves.

Setting|Tone|Style

Setting: The entire RP will be set on Nimbus. In the future there may be chances to visit the planets, but not in this chapter. Nimbus is a Cyberpunk/Industrial Dystopia setting (Altered Carbon, Blade Runner, Alita: Battle Angel) thanks to the influence of the three different factions attempting to impose their will onto its development.

Tone: I'm looking for writers who like to get their hands dirty with dramatic storytelling. There, of course, needs to be a balance between light and dark moments so it doesn't become a slog to read and write, but I'd like to hit on heavy themes that make a reader really sink their teeth into the character-driven narrative. Most districts on Nimbus are quite dreary in nature despite the over abundance of neon-esque billboards and signs, though there are plenty of establishments that pulse with life. I think a good descriptor is: sci-fi meets film noir (Sin City, Watchmen).

Style: It's probably easier to explain what I'm not looking for. I'm not looking for fan-fic, high school, or shipping styles. They are fine elsewhere and I have no hate for them, but this is not the RP for it. Romance is perfectly fine, but it should compliment the story, not run it. If you like to be realistic with your writing, that's wonderful, but I'm not really looking for styles that bog down the story with arguments about how much pressure it would take to actually crush a femur. This is a fantastical setting, suspense of belief is important. On the other side of that coin, things should feel grounded within the bounds of the setting. I will say that I have a huge soft spot for somewhat poetic styles that know how to occasionally draw attention to metaphor, but other than previously mentioned exceptions, please feel free to express your style openly and without judgment in this RP.

What is an Evokin?

You have probably noticed by now that the introduction doesn't mention Evokin at all. This is because they are superpowered or "evolved" Kin and are considered part of the same group in historical context for the story. To quickly answer another possible question, Kin are basically just humans.

What are Canik and Gistru?

Here are links to reference pictures for Canik and Gistru. You will notice variations, all of which exist within their respective species. You are free to use any of the pictures as a reference for your character as long as you state as such in your application and no one else has claimed the photo you want.

(STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION)​

Last edited:
General Rules
Below are the rules for this RP. Some rules may seem redundant or pulled from the Community Guidelines; this is intentional for the purpose of pushing importance and clarity as well as making a point of what we personally stand for. All rules stated in RED are No Tolerance rules and will get you immediately reported and banned from the RP.

1. Follow ALL Community Guidelines. This site is a wonderful place for creative minds to live. Don’t disrespect what it stands for by shitting on our lawn. Regardless of my rules, the site’s rules are LAW. Need a refresher? Click the available link above.
  2. No sexually explicit or sexually violent content. If needed, use a “fade to black” technique when things get too spicy. Romance is fine and in some cases encouraged, but we aren’t here to make our fellow writers uncomfortable.
  3. Homophobia, transphobia, sexism, racism, or any other form of hate against your fellow writers is strictly forbidden! We are 100% LGBTQIA+ friendly here and we treat each other with respect.
  4. No advertising, spamming, or trolling.
  5. Do not post in the RP until you have been given express permission to do so at the end of your application process. Doing so will result in your application being denied without further consideration.
  6. No Double Posting. Do not post with the same character multiple times without reply unless permitted by myself or a moderator.
  7. Interact. You are allowed to have times when your own characters interact with one another or are alone and interact with no one, but this is a collaborative medium. If it seems you are going solo more often than not, you may risk dismissal.
  8. Three paragraph minimum. You must write at least three paragraphs for a post to be considered acceptable, but I encourage you to try and write more. The more effort you put in, the more you will get from others.
  9. No copycats. Do not just copy and paste someone else’s post, change a few words, and write in a short reaction to their character. Only your original writing will be counted toward your three paragraph minimum. No one wants to read the same post from two different authors. Different perspectives of the same event are perfectly fine, but make sure it feels like a different perspective.
  10. Decent grammar and spelling. No one is perfect, but communication is key in a cooperative writing medium such as this. Use your spellcheck, double check your work, and make sure what you have written is clear to those reading it.
  11. Interesting vocabulary. Try not to make your posts a slog to read. If you always describe the big red dog as the big red dog, it’s going to get boring. On the other hand, if you always call it the colossal crimson canine, it’s going to wear on the reader. Maintain a balance of simple and extravagant language.
  12. Swearing is allowed. You can say fuck, you can say shit, and you can say damn because, fucking shit I don’t give a damn. The only language not supported is language blocked by the site’s censors. If you attempt to circumvent the censors, you will be reported.
  13. Blood and gore is allowed. Just be sure to follow the Community Guidelines. As a site Admin once told me "If the description makes you physically sick it's a sign to tone it down".
  14. Use of lore-friendly drugs/alcohol and other vices is allowed.
  15. No Godmodding. The following is a list of godmodding offenses that all carry the exception of getting permission from either a fellow writer, me, or a moderator:
    1. Moving another writer’s character.
    2. Auto-hitting/Killing another writer’s character.
    3. Unreasonable immunity/invulnerability to damage or being hit.
    4. Unreasonable use of metaknowledge.
    5. Starting/Ending major plotlines.
    6. Unreasonable travel speed between locations.
    7. Creating lore-breaking technology/events/abilities/creatures/substances
  16. Respect the Sidebar. If two or more characters are having an interaction, keep an eye out for the “Sidebar” tag in their post. They may be having a preplanned interaction that they don’t want interrupted. Sidebars will be regulated so that no one abuses it to only ever interact with choice individuals.
  17. Keep RL out of RP and RP out of RL. Getting truly upset over in-character conflicts or using the RP as a tool to beef is unacceptable. Be mature.

If rules are added in the future, writers will be notified.

Last edited:
Application
This section lays out the process of applying to join Evokin: NC. If you would like to join us, please take a moment to look over and follow the instructions below.

Step 1
Fill out the following form.

Username: What is your RP Nation Username?
Nickname: What would you like us to call you?
Experience: How long have you been actively involved in roleplay? What kind of roleplay (long-form written, real-time written, tabletop, etc.)?
Favorite Theme: What are your favorite genres of roleplay (Fantasy, Sci-fi, Highschool, Superhero, etc.)?
Expectations: What are your expectations of this roleplay? What are you looking to get out of it/put into it?
Age: You must be 21+ to participate in this RP. (We have our reasons.)
Pronouns: We would like to refer to you according to your gender expression, not our gender interpretation.

Once completed, please send to Roskuel. You will be contacted within a week by Roskuel or one of the moderators with a Discord link.

Step 2
Once you have the Discord link, we will schedule an interview call based on your availability. After the interview, you will be given a prompt to write a Test Post.

Step 3
Once you have submitted your Test Post, you will be informed of your acceptance status within 24 hours of us receiving it.

Step 4
If you’ve made it this far, you’ve been accepted and can now create your first character. The Character Sheet and everything else you need to make informed decisions regarding your character will be provided to you via Discord.

Step 5
Once your character has been approved, roleplay your heart out!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back